I Now Hate Wilton!

Lounge By cake_freak Updated 25 Jun 2007 , 2:05am by Heath

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:30am
post #181 of 11980

Wow, Cathy! I wish a job like that would fall in my lap! You are SO lucky to get in with no education. I have accountants in my family and they'd be so jealous. icon_smile.gif

I have to wait until my daughter starts school to have a job with real hours. We have raised her so that one of us is always available for her, besides the times we get away. That's been a great honor to be able to give my daugher that and worth working graveyards and late nights in a job I hated.

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:46am
post #182 of 11980

My two boys (now 16 & 13) really didn't have daycare either. I always worked days, hubby at night. If we couldn't watch them then my mom or brother did. My youngest went to a friends house for daycare (he was her only kid) for six months when I was going to school, but that's it. I think that it's important to stay home with the kids. I always wanted to be a SAHM. I really missed not being a room mom, going on field trips, etc. but with hubby as a cook, now chef, someone had to make the "real" money. As a line cook in San Jose, he made twice as much as being a chef in Fresno...but it's something that he loves to do. icon_biggrin.gif

I applaud you for doing the graveyard shift. thumbs_up.gif I would never be able to do it. I am NOT a night person!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:52am
post #183 of 11980

What restaurant does he work at? Have I eaten his food?? we live in Visalia!

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:59am
post #184 of 11980

He works at Venizia Italian Restaurant on Blackstone near Herndon

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:23am
post #185 of 11980

Oooooooooh!
I'm getting so hungry. All this talk about italian food.

I LOVE italian food. Italian food does not love my stomach. tapedshut.gif

I'm getting ready to go have pizza as soon as my hubby gets home from his Bulk mail route. thumbs_up.gif

I wish I knew what it was like to be young again and be able to party.

Cake_Freak, where are you??

CakesbyMonica Posted 12 May 2007 , 5:51pm
post #186 of 11980

haha, the tangents of this "topic"

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 13 May 2007 , 12:52am
post #187 of 11980

I have a wonderful woman I met who owns a cake supply shop and makes cakes herself. She's been very helpful to me in my cake decorating business and the best advice she ever gave me was to use Choco Pan fondant. It is so awesome, easy to use and taste fabulous. Even people who claim they don't like fondant will like this one. It is made of white chocolate, my favorite. It's very smooth and fine textured and works easily. I admit it's a little more expensive than others, but it's worth it. Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:50am
post #188 of 11980

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, white chocolate!!!!! YUUMMMY icon_lol.gif
Why is it, that with all the sweets I make, I still want to eat them all? icon_confused.gif

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 13 May 2007 , 6:20am
post #189 of 11980

IM HERE I PROMIS lol i have been cleaning (UGH) and im board (once again the night owl) but im still working on the pic (she has yet to send them to me ) GIRRR why did i have to leave my cam in the car!!!but any ways im going cake surffing

CakesbyMonica Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:31am
post #190 of 11980

I think the topic(s) may have finally died...

itsloops Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:44am
post #191 of 11980

icon_surprised.gif
Nooooooooooooooooooooo.
We must not let it die. We've shared so much together. he he he

So, I hope every one had a wonderful mothers day. I did.
Any good gift? Guess what I got. OMG!!! I NEVER expected it

Guess, Guess, Guess!!!

Cake_Freak, We're glad you're back. We missed you. I was lazy this weekend. I didn't clean too well. icon_sad.gif

I'm entitled to it. 1 day a year is all I get to slack off and get away with it.

bethyboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethyboop Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:09am
post #192 of 11980

so where are we(i say loosly as I did not write it or come up with the idea however I do think it is great) with the petition....???

It IS NASTY!!!

I made MMF for the first time today...it was not half bad and cheap too...I am now on the MMF bandwagon...bring on the marshmallows!!!

DecoratingDingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratingDingbat Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:10am
post #193 of 11980

My guess ... icon_rolleyes.gif by your OMG reaction ... icon_eek.gif KA stand mixer? Do tell, what did you get? Must be better than the KFC dinner and two lotto tickets I got - that does not make a girl screech OMG. icon_confused.gif Part of being a mom I guess, happy they're all happy and healthy.

itsloops Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:17am
post #194 of 11980

Decodingbat,

I got a KOPYKAKE AIRBRUSH SYSTEM.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Can't wait to use it.
icon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

I got a K.A. last year. thumbs_up.gif

itsloops Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:19am
post #195 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethyboop

so where are we(i say loosly as I did not write it or come up with the idea however I do think it is great) with the petition....???

It IS NASTY!!!

I made MMF for the first time today...it was not half bad and cheap too...I am now on the MMF bandwagon...bring on the marshmallows!!!

Didn't mean to ignore you. Yes. I am a huge fan of MMF. Cheap and it tastes good.

bethyboop Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:25am
post #196 of 11980

that's ok girl, you go on and be excited...I would be. I just discovered projectors tonight, and even though i dont have one...i cant wait!!!

I got a new KA today off of ebay...in the sealed box 5qt bowl with the splatter guard...guess how much....

only $202 with &h---i am stoked!!!!
all i have currently is the hand held mixer currently!

itsloops Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:31am
post #197 of 11980

icon_surprised.gif

Well, I'm excited for you too.

My hand mixer was all I had too then it blew up when I tried to make MMF.

I was in disbelief last year when I got my K.A. I never ever thought I would be able to afford one. But my mom got one when the Robinsons May stores closed.

I think it's the same one you got today except she got it for $135 and since she got it on her credit card, I got to make 3 payments to pay it off. Yay Mom!!!

Still $202 is an awesome deal. They are $199 on sale and after you pay tax they are still about $250.. icon_mad.gif

Now I have a new toy to play with.

I often say my husband doesn't get it but maybe this shows he kinda does ha?

DecoratingDingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratingDingbat Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:38am
post #198 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsloops

Decodingbat,

I got a KOPYKAKE AIRBRUSH SYSTEM.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Can't wait to use it.
icon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

I got a K.A. last year. thumbs_up.gif

WOOT! I got a Badger airbrush last year, I dared to hope for the KA 6qt this year - but no go icon_cry.gif My aunt got one though - to make bread with. icon_confused.gif Any hoo, I bet that KopyKake system is a dream!! I love my badger, but I have to be careful with the airflow or I blow craters in the BC. Love airbrushing fondant - it opens a whole new realm to the possibilities and creativity. I don't doubt you'll love it!
Way to go family thumbs_up.gif !!!!!!!

bethyboop Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:40am
post #199 of 11980

why did you make mmf with a hand mixer? the batch i made today, i melted the mm, shortening, water, and flavor in the microwave afterwards, i mixed in the ps by hand..it was not messy or difficult...a little hot at first. Is there a recipe that calls for the mixer with mmf?

i did some researching on KA and found them to be 250+ for 5qt. I found 4.5qt for 199. I looked at all the stores on the retailer list from KA website. We'll just say i got the best deal, since it was at least a good deal and then i'll be happy with my dh too!

have fun coloring your cakes!!! thumbs_up.gif

itsloops Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:53am
post #200 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethyboop

why did you make mmf with a hand mixer?

Because I was new at it and thought it was ok to do so. Just trying to take a shortcut I guess. I just knead it with my hand now. It's a sinch.

I've never airbrushed before. icon_surprised.gif so we'll see how that goes.

don't worry deco, you'll get your ka. I'm thinking good thoughts.

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:54am
post #201 of 11980

I've been so pleasantly surprised by my KA. My mom bought it for me as a gift in high school (I took culinary arts). Little did I know it would work just the same 11 years later. I am already planning to purchase a second one next year or so, though, cause I've never put it to the test the way I have over the last 6 months since I started decorating. I think I might absolutely die if something happened to it (like MMF!!!) and I was without it! icon_smile.gif

itsloops Posted 14 May 2007 , 5:04am
post #202 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoore

I've been so pleasantly surprised by my KA. My mom bought it for me as a gift in high school (I took culinary arts). Little did I know it would work just the same 11 years later. I am already planning to purchase a second one next year or so, though, cause I've never put it to the test the way I have over the last 6 months since I started decorating. I think I might absolutely die if something happened to it (like MMF!!!) and I was without it! icon_smile.gif

The best advice I can give you is DON'T use it for mmf.

CakesbyMonica Posted 14 May 2007 , 12:24pm
post #203 of 11980

Whoo hoo! I want an airbrush! icon_cry.gif I got my KA when I was taking the Wilton classes, though now my husband says "If I knew you were going to stick with cakes this long I would have bought you the BIG BUFF one." Well, tapedshut.gif! It's okay, birthdays, christmas...I got plenty of time.

Happy Mother's Day to my CC moms!
I got an iPod alarm clock radio/dock. Its really cool cause to make it snooze you just wave your hand over it.

Anyone ever use the WASC cake for a 3D sculpted cake? I need to make a big cake and I don't like the "durable" cake. It's too dense.

cake_freak Posted 14 May 2007 , 1:14pm
post #204 of 11980

lol oh my new air brushes and ka man i cant wait till xmas!!! lol i am going to put in a reqest for a whole set up airbrush thing and i wana do a cake asap lol oh well!!!

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 14 May 2007 , 1:19pm
post #205 of 11980

I want an airbursh!!!
But I do have to say Hubby stepped it up this year!!
I got a COACH wristlet with $50 buch inside, my hair colored, AND CAKEBOSS software (ok I havn't ordered it yet but I will this week)!!!!!!! WOOHOO

cake_freak Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:19pm
post #206 of 11980

ahh i ant got a hubby (for the moment thank god im too young to be tied down) but thenagain i dont even have a bf (which is probly for the better) lol im quite content where im at icon_biggrin.gif single lifes not tooo bad and i got my cc buddys to back me when im down (YAYNESS) lol but oh well SOME ONE TALK TO ME IM IN CLASS DOING NOTHING!!!!!!

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:27pm
post #207 of 11980

marthajoe1: what's a type-writer??? hahahaha

cake_freak Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:35pm
post #208 of 11980

icon_confused.gif you dont know what a type- writer is? lol please tell me this is a joke or something that i missed b/c im still like icon_confused.gificon_surprised.gif

SusieMcG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieMcG Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:39pm
post #209 of 11980

I got the KopyKake airbrush system for Mother's Day too yesterday!!! However, it was a special Mother's Day for me this year - my birthday just happened to fall yesterday as well - so I warranted the big gift!! Gotta love my mom... Hubby & kids came through as well - new beehive cake pan from Williams Sonoma, and a new iPod!!!

But the best gift of all?!?!?! My husband washed my hardwood kitchen floor for me last night without being asked, AND emptied the dishwasher, AND washed the few remaining dishes after my baking this weekend!!! icon_biggrin.gif

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 14 May 2007 , 2:56pm
post #210 of 11980

Just a joke, cake_freak.....I don't know ANYONE who owns one anymore, with computers what they are. I actually learned to type on a regular non-electric typewriter back in my day. But we have one in our office collecting dust, it hasn't been used in 15 years, I'll bet. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%