Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 5:20am
post #11941 of 11980

lalalalala....ohhhhhh....lalalala....ohhhh....lalalala.....ohhhhh

I'm all alone icon_cry.gif

Juliequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliequeen Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 5:33am
post #11942 of 11980

Ok now I'm back for a while ...but probably all alone!

Juliequeen Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 5:44am
post #11943 of 11980

It is funny that you should mention being a Navy brat Mon I was just laying in bed thinking that very thing.! How people who live in houses on military bases probably will not have a steady place that they live in for 16 yrs as I did. That kind of makes me sad for them but when you know no different. and I'm sure it does have its perks too.
I just cant sleep thinking about the house and my visit there today.   

Wish Id thought to do more and look more, spend more time in the yard, who knows what I might have remembered! Ok Ill shut up about it now I think

Cathy I think that you should move to Fowler and declare yourself Queen!!!!

Then we can all say that we knew you when!

Bree Gym memberships here are astronomical as wellbut youll have that when there is only one in town and its closed on weekends!!!

You are use to the $25.00 pre month at places like L.A. Fitness!!! SIL has a membership there and we get to use it when we visit.

now my ring...there are 2 in the photo well 4 total but 2 look like one together.. oh never mind... here's the pic!!!
LL

Juliequeen Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 5:49am
post #11944 of 11980

Ok so why did Julie post pictures of more than one ring??? It was the only way the stupid camera would focus clearly!!! Dont know why but as soon as I plopped the tanzanite ring up there it focused just right!

Ok there is a spider in here and I cant find him so Im leaving Good night!!!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 7:31am
post #11945 of 11980

julie that is so cool thanks for sharing the story

ok so we drove to madera and stupid a$$ sonic said "our ice cream is runny right now would you like a slush" hell no i dont want a slush ugghhh ok well this is like the 2nd time this has happened dh was pi$$ed and so were the kids but we found another ice cream place not as good but it worked

julie my ring is almost the same style as yours ill have to take a pic tomorrow and post it. ive been wanting a new ring forever i think think im bad for wanting one we can upgrade at the place we bought it from. maybe ill just get a right hand ring or something so i wont feel bad for trading my ring in lol i know its horrible

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 7:47am
post #11946 of 11980

ok so does anyone have a copy of a cake contract? i need something to have the bride sign for the wedding cake im doing in 2 weeks and i have no idea what to put in it or how to word it. ive seen invoices on here but havent seen a contract. ok my last cake is done baking im gunna go to bed so i can wake up early and deocrate it real fast because im DREADING this cake especially the white writing

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 8:22am
post #11947 of 11980

Sorry Roxxx I don't know of any contracts. I have a custom ordering form, but no legal bs in it. Can you call a cake place around you and see if they will fax you one? You can just pretend you are a customer and want to have the paperwork ready when you get there... icon_evil.gif Not sure it would work though.

I need to get my butt in bed, I will check back tomorrow!

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 10:35am
post #11948 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliequeen

Oh Good morning Cathy...ad Freak get well soon!!!

Do we know Freak's real name??? Just wondering... I kinda like calling her freak though!!!

lol my name is Tierney it means tyranny which means lord b/c some lords/ rulers were tyrants and that basically where my name was dirrved from lol but I'm a little better but i think i might have strep with a bad cold who knows knowing me but im setting around trying to get better before the 4th

wdsanders21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wdsanders21 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 1:45pm
post #11949 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyMonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdsanders21

Wooohoooo. 33 minutes and I am sweating like Richard Simmons in the 80s! I wanted to stop at 16 minutes but then I couldnt log back on and tell you all so I got water and went another 17 minutes. See you guys are keeping me accountable even from far away.

Woohoo-- Party over here--party over there!! party.gif

Great job-- 34 tomorrow!! Or do you take sunday off?

Don't give her excuses!

I have my parents coming in this afternoon and church this morning but Im hoping to squeeze some time in between. I would normally take sat and sun off after working out all week or use Sat as a make up day if I missed a weekday. Sunday I usually relax with my family and go to church. But.... this week I started on Friday so I feel like I should go it today too. Those 30 pounds are weighing on me.... literally! Thanks for the encouragment. Keep me accountable!!!

wdsanders21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wdsanders21 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 1:50pm
post #11950 of 11980
Quote:

They say you can never go home again Well today, I did.

Warning this is very long and cheesy and possible boring feel free to scroll on by

My parents moved from the house I spent most of my life in about 10 yrs ago. I didnt think I would ever have the opportunity to set foot into that house again. For some reason that made me really sad sometimes. I mean to never again to go to the place where Id spent most of my childhood... Never again stand in my bedroom, or stand in the spot I was standing the first time DH said, I love you I can get attached to places and can become sentimental about such things, I have always been this way. And Ill admit that I have even prayed that I would again go home someday.

Today that prayer was answered.

About two months ago DH brought the newspaper in, as he does everyday. I RARELY look at it, unless I have a show coming up or someone I know is going to be in it. Well on this particular day I happened to glance at the front page.. There was a picture of a woman in her driveway, running to greet a firefighter who had rushed into her burning home to rescue her dog. The drive way looked familiar. I thought aloud how can a drive way look familiar? I opened the paper up and laid it flat. That looks like my old house I thought but it couldnt be it looks different. I read the caption and there in black and white was my old address!!!! It was my old house!!!!

The next time I spoke with my parents we discussed it and wondered how much damage there had been and reminisced about times past.

The next week I attended the monthly theatre board meeting one of our new board members (an acquaintance from another show) mentioned that he had been in the paper when he had to rescue a ladys dog form a fire. I asked witch house and he told me It was my old house. I inquired about the damage wondering if it would have to be torn down, he said it looked pretty bad.

Last Thursday I again looked through the paper hoping to see an announcement regarding the theater camp coming up next month. There was a VERY large advertisement about a yard sale that coming Sat (today). It was my old address!!!! So of course DH & I went this morning well it was really noon already and we were on our way out of town and I told DH to swing by the old place. He said surebut you know its probably over by now. Go anyway I told him. He didthey were still there I looked around, mostly looking at the house and yard not the furniture and various other items they were selling. Approached the group of people sitting in my old front yard, introduced myself and told them Id grown up in the house. They called the homeowner over. We chatted a bit about my family and where they were now. I told her Id seen it in the paper when it caught on fire and was glad no one was hurt, She then says to me.., well you wont believe it now and started up the front steps

You mean youre gonna let me go in? I exclaimed!!! Well yes! she said.

I am most certainly a cheese ball, because upon entering my old home I immediately got misty!!! I was on the verge of tears. I dont even know why It was just so good to be home! I can not explain it! You all might not understand but for some reason I needed to be back in that house.

She gave me the grand tour and I shared stories about the house and my time there. She indulged me and listened
She shared with me her plans for the renovation for the homeThe house was pretty much gutted in some places but I could still tell where I was. I asked permission to go into my old room she graciously obliged. Truthfully I have been dying to look in my old closet for years now. My whole life (well starting in the 80s) I would go into my closet and sign my name and the date beside the doorjamb. Had they found it? Had they painted over it?

THEY HADNT!!! It was still there!!! I even recognized my sisters hand writing in some places. I checked her closet too and although they had already begun repainting that room they stopped just short of her declaration of love for her first fiancé!!! Dated 1992!

I went out and asked DH to come in as well he did and we looked around on the back porcha very large screened in area. The same cracks in the cement were still there my Moms gardenia was in full bloom and the Japanese maple was still thriving!!!

We left shortly after the grand tour with DH Wish Id spent more time in my mom and dads room but oh well maybe I go back one day You never know

I called my mom to tell her where I had been. Her first question after what were you doing there was is my Japanese Maple still there? I told her it was and so were her irisand bulbs probably my glads too remember the ones she moved and didnt tell me about.. You might have missed that post It was a LONG way back.

Any way that is what I did today it was nice. So you CAN go home again only you might not recognize the people.

Sorry this was so long but thanks for letting me share.

I love this story Julie! My parents just moved out the house I grew up in a couple of years ago. They were there for over 20 years and I was there all 18 of mine. Sad to drive past it a little still. I dont know if I would like to go back and see inside or not. I dont like change much! When I went to college and my parents decided to paint the house, my dad just painted one end and let me park by it for a couple of visits to get used to it before he painted the whole house. Im a dork, I know.....

Love those baby pics Martha!

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 2:21pm
post #11951 of 11980

Julie - a wonderful story that had me tearing up....I wish I could go home again, but I know that that will never happen. The one house I remember the most was a very large farm house. A historical landmark. They tore it down to put up a firestation. That was the house my mom grew up in too. We lived with my grandparents on and off for so much of my childhood. (maybe that's why it's not wierd for me now to live with my folks) My dad's old house is now a day care center and I pass it twice a week when I travel to and from Fresno. I keep saying that if my grandparents were still there I would have Friday night dinner and Sunday dinner there every week. But the house we lived in from the time I was 8 - 12 (we lived in that house the longest - before that we moved every 6 weeks to 2 years) I will never step back in even though I can see it like I was in there yesterday. It's in Alabama and I can't see myself ever going back to that state again. I miss it. Right now I am staying in the house we moved into when I was 15, so I guess this is now my childhood home. It will always be in our family until my parents are no longer with us. Then my brother, two sisters and I all get it. My older sister said she would give me her portion of the house if I took custody of my brother (he's the oldest, almost 47, and has never moved out) and my younger sister said something along the same line. Maybe that's why Marc has a hard time selling the house that we bought. It has been in his family since he was 15-16. I want to go to my grandparents house (the daycare) to see if my grandmothers climbing flowers are still there. I haven't seen them in the last couple of years, but they keep cutting things way back before things can bloom. I would like to ask if I can take some of it so everyone in the family can have a piece and have that and have my grandmother with them. My mom got a piece of her mom's favorite geranimum from the torn down house that her sister got before the place was torn down. My sister now has a piece of it too. I would probably kill it!

Sorry that this turned out to be so long, but I love that you got to go back into your house and see that your life in there is still a part of that house. If my folks decide to sell thier house for any reason; I'm taking the boys bedroom door. I don't care if the new one won't match, but their heights from growing up are on the back side of it (my current height is too; and the big "I PASSED MOM" from both boys on each side of it!). THAT DOOR IS MINE!

You had a wonderful Saturday!

cathyfowler662 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 2:31pm
post #11952 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxy_luvs_duff

julie that is so cool thanks for sharing the story

ok so we drove to madera and stupid a$$ sonic said "our ice cream is runny right now would you like a slush" hell no i dont want a slush ugghhh ok well this is like the 2nd time this has happened dh was pi$$ed and so were the kids but we found another ice cream place not as good but it worked

julie my ring is almost the same style as yours ill have to take a pic tomorrow and post it. ive been wanting a new ring forever i think think im bad for wanting one we can upgrade at the place we bought it from. maybe ill just get a right hand ring or something so i wont feel bad for trading my ring in lol i know its horrible

Next time go to the new Sonic (okay, a couple of years old) on Blackstone!! Isn't Fresno closer to you than Madera?

cathyfowler662 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 2:41pm
post #11953 of 11980

Good Sunday morning to anyone who is here!

Freak (Tierney) - thanks for visiting "your house" again! Can you believe what you started?? I hope you feel better soon (in time to celebrate the 4th). So how is the new guy in your life? Is he still in basic? Are you still joining the military?

I know that I should go to church on Sunday, but only go when I am in San Jose with my folks. A lot of the time I'm still asleep when they go, though. They go to 8am mass. I don't even think about getting up until about then on a Sunday!

I don't wear my ring anymore either because it doesn't fit. I need to lose weight too!

cathyfowler662 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 3:01pm
post #11954 of 11980

Sesame Steet

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_687233.html

Just thought SOME of you would like it

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 4:00pm
post #11955 of 11980

I have a contract somewhere from here, Roxx. I'll find it.

CakesbyMonica Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 4:15pm
post #11956 of 11980

Dangit! I haven't found it yet, here is JanH's links.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-201571-.html

CakesbyMonica Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 4:23pm
post #11957 of 11980
CakesbyMonica Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 4:25pm
post #11958 of 11980

I can't find the other one icon_cry.gif which ticks me off cause it was from a major hotel. It was the one they use, and have available for you to print and bring with if you like. They had their order form, too.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 4:48pm
post #11959 of 11980

thanks monica!

ok here is the dreaded cake i just finished. my writing looks like crap. do you think it needs anything else??????

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 4:52pm
post #11960 of 11980

ok didnt work crap
LL

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 4:56pm
post #11961 of 11980

damn my writing looks worse on the pic lol

CakesbyMonica Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 4:59pm
post #11962 of 11980

Hee hee, you are funny. You could use a ruler. icon_smile.gif Is this the German chocolate cake you were dreading? I like it. I like the cross wtih the rose.

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 5:03pm
post #11963 of 11980

lol it doesnt look that crooked when i look at it but then on the pic it does hahah oh well im not charging them that much. yes its the german choc i decided not to put the other frosting on top so i did everything with dark choc then traced over with ugly white

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 5:24pm
post #11964 of 11980

ok well ill be back later we are going to take a drive to Casa de Fruita to get some goodies. I might try and talak DH to drive to monterey so we can go to Moss Landing and eat at Phils Fish Market. they have the BEST fish n chips. this place was on Road Tasted when they came to California i dont know if any of you seen it kind of a run down looking place but the food is sooooo good. they also have good artichokes and have like 5 different ways to cook them. see ya later i hope everyone is having a good weekend!

cathyfowler662 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 5:30pm
post #11965 of 11980

Hi all....I was on here a while ago and reported a cake as BAD! There was a male body part on the home page. It was very bad for being any little eyes could see it. I also pm'd the baker who put it on and told her she should move it. Think I did the right thing?? I don't want to be a snitch, but that was just inappropriete (sp?). I showed to DH and he was even a little upset that it was on there.

cathyfowler662 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 5:33pm
post #11966 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxy_luvs_duff

thanks monica!

ok here is the dreaded cake i just finished. my writing looks like crap. do you think it needs anything else??????

Looks good! I wouldn't do anything else to it. That's a german choc cake? I always thought that they looked different on top....but then, I've never had one or made one so I don't know.

cathyfowler662 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 5:36pm
post #11967 of 11980

Have fun Roxy!! I'll be passing by Casa de Fruita at about 70 (hopefully) later on this afternoon!!

Juliequeen Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 6:47pm
post #11968 of 11980

Cathy you should go visit the daycare and request some clippings of the vine for your family. It is a nice idea! I am sorry that you cant go to the other places that you called home icon_sad.gif

My SIL sent DH and I some of their Gmothers bearded iris for Christmas. DHs G-ma was from the town I am from (ok it is a LONG story of how DH wound up living in the same town in NC that his G-ma was born in when he was born and raised in AZ, and perhaps one day Ill share it) Today is not that day icon_razz.gif

The iris originated here in my home towntraveled to AZ, lived there and then a few were sent by SIL back here to their town of orgin They were in a plastic bag in with the Christmas gifts they sent us that year. Well somehow they rotted and smelled (and looked) like a big bag of crap!!!! All nestled sung as a bug beneath our Christmas tree!!!!

I did plant the stinky things but they never did anything still we laugh about it every Christmas though!!! Hey remember the year Kim sent us a bag of poop!!!

It was a nice idea though even if I do not have SILs green thumb!!! thumbs_up.gif

Hello everyone!!!! Wendy keep up with the work outs!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Juliequeen Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 6:56pm
post #11969 of 11980

Roxxx the cake looks great!!!

Enjoy your fish n' chips!!!

TTFN

cathyfowler662 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 7:00pm
post #11970 of 11980
Quote:

Cathy you should go visit the daycare and request some clippings of the vine for your family. It is a nice idea! I am sorry that you cant go to the other places that you called home icon_sad.gif

My SIL sent DH and I some of their Gmothers bearded iris for Christmas. DHs G-ma was from the town I am from (ok it is a LONG story of how DH wound up living in the same town in NC that his G-ma was born in when he was born and raised in AZ, and perhaps one day Ill share it) Today is not that day icon_razz.gif

The iris originated here in my home towntraveled to AZ, lived there and then a few were sent by SIL back here to their town of orgin They were in a plastic bag in with the Christmas gifts they sent us that year. Well somehow they rotted and smelled (and looked) like a big bag of crap!!!! All nestled sung as a bug beneath our Christmas tree!!!!

I did plant the stinky things but they never did anything still we laugh about it every Christmas though!!! Hey remember the year Kim sent us a bag of poop!!!

It was a nice idea though even if I do not have SILs green thumb!!! thumbs_up.gif

Hello everyone!!!! Wendy keep up with the work outs!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Yeah, I've thought about going to the daycare center and asking. You can see my grandparents house from the road I drive every Friday and Sunday, and yes, I look at it every time I pass. I miss my grandmother so much. She passed away 6 months after I moved to California. At least I got to see her again. I was 12. I am the only one in my family that can kill a plant by touching it or looking at it. Everyone else can grow anything! I was just talking with DH this morning saying we should get my sis to come to visit to work on our yard. But it's like a five hour drive. She doesn't like to drive that much.

I like Monica was a military brat. Moved all of the time. My dad was army though. Wouldn't have traded that life for anything. Loved "being in the military" with my dad. I always wanted to marry a military man, but never met any when I was older.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%