I Now Hate Wilton!

Lounge By cake_freak Updated 25 Jun 2007 , 2:05am by Heath

crislen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crislen Posted 16 May 2007 , 12:24am
post #271 of 11980

Can't do it! Not matter how hard I try my foot will always go counter clockwise when I draw the 6!

HAHAHA

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:53am
post #272 of 11980

The frosting crust, not as good as Wilton recipe.

The bad side of it, I like that frosting so much before I put the bowl in the sink I put my finger in to eat the left over frostin. I don't need that.

Ok, here's a question. Do any of you remember a song by the Archies' that went - chicka boom, chicka boom don't you just love it.

I was singing it one day and my daughter ask me "what is that?". I told her and she looked at me weird (normal). And I can't find anyone that remembers it.

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:10am
post #273 of 11980

I don't think this is the same one, but the only thing I can remember with boom and chicka in it is: boom chickaboom, I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom. AHHHHAHAHHHA...Oh I heard that back in 8th grade I think? The "cool" high school chorus sang it...OMG taking me back. icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:31am
post #274 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

The frosting crust, not as good as Wilton recipe.

The bad side of it, I like that frosting so much before I put the bowl in the sink I put my finger in to eat the left over frostin. I don't need that.

Ok, here's a question. Do any of you remember a song by the Archies' that went - chicka boom, chicka boom don't you just love it.

I was singing it one day and my daughter ask me "what is that?". I told her and she looked at me weird (normal). And I can't find anyone that remembers it.

Sorry Janette, the only thing I remember from the Archie's is "Sugar Sugar...do do do do do do...ah honey honey...do do do do do do...you are my candy girl and ya go me goin here..." icon_rolleyes.gif That's not it is it? icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:33am
post #275 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrctermite

I don't think this is the same one, but the only thing I can remember with boom and chicka in it is: boom chickaboom, I said a boom chicka rocka chicka rocka chicka boom. AHHHHAHAHHHA...Oh I heard that back in 8th grade I think? The "cool" high school chorus sang it...OMG taking me back. icon_lol.gif

nrctermite, sounds like you were quite the cheerleader! icon_smile.gif

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:49am
post #276 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrctermite

We learned that at 6th grade camp!

And then you'd have different characters "singing" it. Like a surfer "Whoa, like a boom chicka boom, man!" or a valley girl "LIKE, a boom chick a boom, like gag me with a spoon."

CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:53am
post #277 of 11980

Chick A Boom was done by Daddy DewDrop.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Just Love It)
Daddy Dewdrop
Last night I had a crazy dream
'bout a chick in a black bikini, ugh!
Ah, she looked so good, she couldn't be real
She must be a magic genie!

But she disappeared around the corner
All I saw were three doors and the top of her bikini
I made it through the first door, there was a party goin' on
I asked about the chick but what they said was freaky...

Chick-a-boom, chick-a-boom, don't ya just love it
Chick-a-boom, chick-a-boom, don't you just love it
Chick-a-boom, chick-a-boom-boom-boom

I found the bottom part behind the second door
Which took me to Africa, I presume
This really far-out cat was screamin' half-crazy
"Whomp-bobba-looba ba-lomp-bam-boom"
I said, "Hey man, cut that jive and tell me where the chick went"
But he looked at me, as spaced as could be
And said these words but I wonder what he meant...

Ah, don't ya just love it
Um hmm, don't ya just love it
Don't ya love it, don't ya love it
Oh yeah, don't ya love it
Don't ya just love it now

I opened the third door and there she was
And she whispered so sexy and low Ooo!
I tried to do the same and impress her with my style
But why I said this, I'll never know...

(fade...)

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:58am
post #278 of 11980

icon_lol.gif That's what I love about Cake Central -- no question goes unanswered, no mystery unsolved! icon_biggrin.gif

Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 3:14am
post #279 of 11980

mite, I know what song your talking about wasn't that by Sly and the Family Stones?

crislen, you said you've been lurking. About time you joined us we are talking about frosting and having a good time.

wonderbuns, I remember that one too. I use to watch the Archies on Saturday mornings.

monica, the chorus sounds right. But the rest doesn't sound like something the Archies would do. I wonder if they just changed the words. And how in the world did you come up with the whole song.

Help Cecil, help (Beanie & Cecil)

Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 3:38am
post #280 of 11980

Oh my,

I completely forgot the Cartoon Groovy Gholies sand this song too
LL

CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 3:43am
post #281 of 11980

Haha, Janette you are cracking me up. I just googled your words you gave us, I have never heard the song before, to my knowledge.

Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 3:49am
post #282 of 11980

I found it under the Archies but they didn't have it to hear.

CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 4:22am
post #283 of 11980

It kinda reminds me of that song from Cars, Sh-boom, done by the Chords. My daughter loves it! Its a remake of an older song done by the Crew Cuts.

CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 4:31am
post #284 of 11980

The only reference I can find to the song and the show. Lots of people reminiscing about the cartoons.

http://www.jumptheshark.com/topic/groovy-ghoulies-general-comments/825&

Oops, thats why I can't find it, I spelled Goolies wrong. There's lots of stuff. Apparently, the song was on the show and then became a hit for Daddy Dewdrop, according to the great wikipedia!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groovy_Goolies

There is also a fan-site with lots of images.

http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/goolies.htm

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 16 May 2007 , 4:37am
post #285 of 11980

Hello all! All I remember with chick a boom is an old "I love Lucy" show.

My name is Sally Sweet, I'm the queen of Delancy Steet. And everywhere I go they go Chick, chick a boom, chick, chick a boom boom!

Ok, I'm un-young too.....I remember all of the old shows, except for that Archies song.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:25pm
post #286 of 11980

Wow, are you guys still here? Doesn't anyone know when to go home?? HA! This is the best post EVER. You guys have had me laughing for days! icon_smile.gif Has anyone poked the peguin lately? (Yeah, that sounds so wrong!) icon_smile.gif

Ok...now I work with someone who tells me that my butter cream is too crisco-y....it's my class buttercream and that is the only one I can get to stand up and at attention long enough to look good. (and crust!) WHAT am I doing wrong? Anything I do with butter tastes yummy but in MI it won't stand up to humidity. (still tastes better than wilton fondant though...remember that?) icon_smile.gif

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:26pm
post #287 of 11980

ps I am so proud.... I just noticed I made "junior member" sniff...

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 16 May 2007 , 3:33pm
post #288 of 11980

Janette,

The groovy ghoulies or goolies or however you spell them were my favorite. Aaaaaaaaaawww. It brings back so many memories.

Geese, I'm gone for a day and I missed alot but I had alot to do. I thought about you gals though.
I actually got internet on my cell phone but cakecentral wont work because it says it wont adjust to my browser. icon_cry.gif

I vaguely remember Chica boom. But Brady bunch were my favorite.

It's a Sunshine day!!!

Sweetideas, This is home. icon_smile.gif

Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 4:18pm
post #289 of 11980

sweets, try the recipe I posted earlier, I live in MI too.

Does anyone remember DUZ detergent. You would get a free dish rag, dish towl or a glass in the box.

CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 5:24pm
post #290 of 11980

Freebies with your detergent!? And it wasn't just a smaller bottle of the same? Wow.

Did you know in Austraila they don't tip?

itsloops Posted 16 May 2007 , 5:36pm
post #291 of 11980

They don't tip?

Did you know the human head weights 8-10 pounds?

CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 9:56pm
post #292 of 11980

So, there's your quick weight loss answer!

I just heard the funniest joke and can't post it cause it has questionable content! Haha, so, I'll give you another one.

She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates, and suitcases.

On the Second day, she had the movers come and collect her things.

On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candlelight, put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of Chardonnay.

When she had finished, she went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells dipped in caviar into the hollow of the curtain rods.

She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days.

Then slowly, the house began to smell.

They tried everything: cleaning, mopping, and airing the place out.

Vents were checked for dead rodents and carpets were steam cleaned.

Air fresheners were hung everywhere.

Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move out for a few days, and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting.

Nothing worked.

People stopped coming over to visit.

Repairmen refused to work in the house.

The maid quit.

Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move.

A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house.

Word got out, and eventually, even the local realtors refused to return their calls.

Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man and asked how things were going.

He told her the saga of the rotting house.

She listened politely, and said that she missed her old home terribly, and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back. Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on a price that was about 1/10 of what the house was worth, but only if she were to sign the papers that very day.

She agreed, and within the hour his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later the man and his girlfriend stood smiling as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home... including the curtain rods.

I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING, DON'T YOU? icon_smile.gif

itsloops Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:02pm
post #293 of 11980

I was thinking the same thing for quick weight loss. Either that or just chop off my *ss. I need to do somthing. Why can't I be rich? (....sigh!)

If anyone out there would like to donate or know of someone who would like to give me a free tummy tuck and lipo suck my butt, you know where to find me.

Hey! It's worth a try. icon_rolleyes.gif

I heard that joke before. Too funny!! That truly would be a happy ending.

I'm glad I don't have an ex to deal with. Well, I do have one he just never cared to bother me.

How much wood can a woodchuck chuck??

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:05pm
post #294 of 11980

Oh Monica that's hysterical! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:06pm
post #295 of 11980

Not as funny as itsloops saying she was looking for someone to (lipo)suck her butt.

Juliequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliequeen Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:06pm
post #296 of 11980

Ah... a happy ending indeed!!! l

Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:23pm
post #297 of 11980

Ok here's a question I have always had on my mind.

Back when, resturants you gave your server 10% tip $10 they got $1. If prices went up the tip went up $15 they got $1.50. So their tips went up with the cost of living.

Then one day we are told we are suppose to give 15% tip icon_surprised.gif They said it was to adjust for the cost of living.

But, their tips went up with the cost of the meal? So now with the increase of the meal going up to $15 we now have to pay $2.25 tip?

Now we are told we should leave 20%????????

I don't want to hear from the waiters/waitress bla, bla, bla I use to be a waitress so I know all about it. But, I also know math and this doesn't make sense to me. It's like getting a double raise.

itsloops Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:26pm
post #298 of 11980

I didn't know how else to word it. It did sound funny though. icon_lol.gif

We bought a treadmill yesterday. After piecing the stupid thing together, I now don't want to use it. icon_cry.gif

Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:29pm
post #299 of 11980

Girl, tell me about it.

I argued with my husband because I wanted one of those things that your arms and legs move like if you were walking. I can't remember what they call it.

I finally won, got it home used it a couple of times and said forget it this is too hard. Now I have to dust the thing.

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:33pm
post #300 of 11980

Hello all! It seems to me that I get on here after everyone has gone to bed. I can't seem to get my sons laptop from him til after 9pm my time. I miss "talking" to everyone. It seems like I miss so much during the day! Right now I'm at work, just waiting for 5 pm to come around so that I can pick son #2 from school.

Monica - I've always liked that joke. I'll have to remember that if anything happens between me and my DH!! icon_wink.gif

Sweetideas - Congrats on becoming a jr member. I know I was SO excited when that happened to me! thumbs_up.gif

itsloops - I want in on that deal too! I would love to have a tummy tuck and lipo (take it off the thighs!). icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%