I Now Hate Wilton!

Lounge By cake_freak Updated 25 Jun 2007 , 2:05am by Heath

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:02pm
post #151 of 11980

Did you poke him like 20 times and see what he did? Did you see the other things he does?

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:10pm
post #152 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyMonica

Did you poke him like 20 times and see what he did? Did you see the other things he does?

I kept poking him until he did 3 different things! It was fun!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:10pm
post #153 of 11980

Too Cool

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:31pm
post #154 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyMonica

SPEAKING of poking penguins...check out this link...I think its the same penguin, too!

http://www2.gamesville.lycos.com/html_poke/poke_penguin.swf

LMBO
My 4 yr old is all "mommy why are you doing that to the penguin" My response, "it's fun!!"

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:42pm
post #155 of 11980

I'm guilty of driving on the 5 fwy here in LA.

I waste 2 hours of my life on a daily basis.

That adds up to 10 hours per week.

520 hours per year

21 freaking days of my life!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!! icon_cry.gif

Sorry guys. I lost it there for a minute. icon_twisted.gif

Back to normal. I'm gonna have to go and poke that little penguin just to keep my sanity. he he he

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:01pm
post #156 of 11980

I called my kids in to poke the penguin. I finally had to say no more so I could come back here!! icon_lol.gif

Two penguins are sitting in the bathtub. One says to the other pass me the soap. The other one says what do I look like a type-writer?

icon_lol.gif JELLO!! We call this a jello joke...it doesn't make a lot of sense but its fun! My kids think I am nuts! BTW I think I need that subscription for my issues too!

CakesbyMonica Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:23pm
post #157 of 11980

Haha, subscription..issues, it just clicked...didn't catch it earlier.

I think Cake Central needs a chat room.

revco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revco Posted 11 May 2007 , 5:02pm
post #158 of 11980

Okay, haven't poked the penguin yet or read all the postings. Yes wilton fondant is not so great- I am going to try this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLady85

its marshmallow fondant
here is the link to the recipe (its ALOT better than wilton)
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1949-Marshmallow-Fondant-MMF.html

good luck

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 11 May 2007 , 5:42pm
post #159 of 11980

im going to poke my pengin! lol

itsloops Posted 11 May 2007 , 5:50pm
post #160 of 11980

Somehow after having read that, I feel dirty. icon_surprised.gif

reesesob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reesesob Posted 11 May 2007 , 6:24pm
post #161 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

I called my kids in to poke the penguin. I finally had to say no more so I could come back here!! icon_lol.gif

Two penguins are sitting in the bathtub. One says to the other pass me the soap. The other one says what do I look like a type-writer?

icon_lol.gif JELLO!! We call this a jello joke...it doesn't make a lot of sense but its fun! My kids think I am nuts! BTW I think I need that subscription for my issues too!

I DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm laughing but still don't get it! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Janette Posted 11 May 2007 , 6:31pm
post #162 of 11980

Ok, I was a dummy. I kept reading the two penquins over and over saying I just don't get it. Then I read the bottom line. You got me.

All that time spent on the road you guys could have been here with us.

cake_freak Posted 11 May 2007 , 7:08pm
post #163 of 11980

lol yes i know i still dont get it you will have to exsplaing the pengin thing~~~

itsloops Posted 11 May 2007 , 7:21pm
post #164 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Ok, I was a dummy. I kept reading the two penquins over and over saying I just don't get it. Then I read the bottom line. You got me.

All that time spent on the road you guys could have been here with us.

I didn't get the joke either even after I read the explanation. icon_confused.gif

I get it now though. icon_redface.gif

I'm on here as much as I possibly can.

Like right now, I'm at work. he he he. It's Friday anyway. No phone calls and all my work is done. icon_smile.gif

Janette Posted 11 May 2007 , 8:53pm
post #165 of 11980

If I was working I would be fired for spending too much time here.

itsloops Posted 11 May 2007 , 9:23pm
post #166 of 11980

My boss won't fire me. It's just he and I. He takes too much time off to trust anyone else to be here. I do my job.

He can go on vacation 2 weeks at a time worry free. I do it all.

cake_freak Posted 11 May 2007 , 10:48pm
post #167 of 11980

im on this thing 3 out of the 4 blocks i have a day (due i have one more week of school....

marthajo1 Posted 11 May 2007 , 11:41pm
post #168 of 11980

Okay how about this one....

It is the original jello joke! Remember it DOESN'T make a lot of sense but its fun!

A group of penguins was walking along a high cliff all of a sudden the first penguin yelled JELLO!!! and jumped off the cliff!............

See Jello Joke... You have to laugh cuz it just is so silly! Really that is the end of the joke. It all started with my uncle when I was little.... Made us laugh. Just say Jello really loud! It makes me laugh just thinking about it!

CakesbyMonica Posted 11 May 2007 , 11:47pm
post #169 of 11980

I don't have a job! icon_cry.gif Ok, well, I'm not really that heartbroken over it. SO I spend many many hours here on CC.

Janette Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:06am
post #170 of 11980

Kind of like when I say "orange juice" my Grandson laughs.

marthajo1 Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:16am
post #171 of 11980

Exactly Janette! That is why I told the jello joke!

Orange juice and giant twinkies!

BTW when you say jello really loud just for fun you have to say it like this...

Jell- OOOOOOOHHHHH

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 12 May 2007 , 1:24am
post #172 of 11980

Wow, what a commute!! I'm home now and can spend time on CC!!!

Monica, my DH makes about $11 an hour in Fresno, I make $30+ an hour in San Jose...I don't want to quit my job. I can pretty much make up my own hours too. Hubby doesn't want to move back to SJ; keeps us apart a lot of the time. The kids are with me in SJ and go to school there. I get to retire (ha ha) in 4 years when DS #2 graduates high school. I'll move to Fresno then.

Cake_Freak - still no cake picture?? I really want to see a finished picture!

It looks like I missed a lot of fun during the day. I think that I need to go to the penquin game and start poking!!

I think that I like the Jell-o jokes too! Man, I hate when work messes up a really good day of being on CC!! thumbs_up.gif

itsloops Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:10am
post #173 of 11980

CakesbyMonica,

I only work because I have to. I'd rather be home with my 4 year old but that is the price you pay for living in Southern California. It's not fair. The price of homes, gas, groceries..... sigh..is insane.

My SIL moved to NC 3 years ago. She had a custom made home 4,100 square feet for $250,000. I own a 1,500 sq ft home and I paid twice that much and then some. icon_sad.gif

I would go back to school but then I have to worry about coming up with more $$ for that. I don't want to borrow any more money as I feel we are up to our eyeballs with our mortgage payment alone.

marthajo1,
Keep the Jell OOOOOOOOOOh jokes coming. They are so silly. I love silly!!

cake_freak,
Where in the world is that pic?

Did I miss anyone else? Does anyone have BIG plans for Mommy's day?

This is really turning into quite a little chat room.

How long can we keep this up?? he he he

cathyfowler662 Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:22am
post #174 of 11980

itsloops - mommy's day....hmm...what is this word of which you speak?? I'll probably be making breakfast princess.gif ....I KNOW that I'll be driving 3 hours to MY mom's house for dinner (hopefully dad is bbq'ing). My mom has already apologized for mothers day because she couldn't take my kids out this year to go shopping (mom fell off a ladder last Thursday and broke 3 ribs). She knows that DH doesn't do anything for me (I'm not his mom) It's just another day for me because DH has worked every mothers day since I've known him (he's a chef); it's the busiest day of the year for him. Oh well, I'm used to it! icon_confused.gif

marthajo1 Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:47am
post #175 of 11980

I was making a pina colada bell cake for my MIL but the pina part didn't turn out good at all!!! YUCKY actually! So I am scrapping that idea! I just don't have the energy to try another new recipe today!

itsloops Posted 12 May 2007 , 2:48am
post #176 of 11980

icon_surprised.gif I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. That is terrible. I wish her a speedy recovery.

My hubby still has to take the kids shopping they are still at young ages.
17, 13 & 4.

He always makes sure the kids wake up before me and then he makes them all sit on my bed, wake me up with flowers and a nice gift. icon_smile.gif

No, I'm not his mommy but he still thanks me for all I do for our children.

In my opinion, your hubby should do something the day before like cook you a nice dinner or something.
We never do anything on Valentine's day because the restaurants are so packed so we celebrate on the weekend.

I don't know. It's just my thinking.

I'm getting all misty-eyed. Maybe I should use some of that nasty Wilton fondant that originally started this post to plug up my tear ducts.
ha ha ha icon_lol.gif

Funny, I'm willing to stick it in my eyes but not my mouth.

Yuck! tapedshut.gif

CakesbyMonica Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:08am
post #177 of 11980

I was just saying I think the commute is narly, 3 HRS!? But hearing that its for $30/hr is definitely something that I might do it for. icon_smile.gif I actually JUST quit working. I was a waitress for Denny's for 4 1/2 yrs and a manager/driver for Domino's for 4 yrs before that. I couldn't stand my job anymore and came home in tears or mad frequently. My husband got a raise, and I told him I had had enough, and am on a short haiatus til I figure what I want to do. I have no idea what though! Meanwhile, I am enjoying the time with my daughter, and I watch a little boy M-F.

cathyfowler662 Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:10am
post #178 of 11980

lol....this thread has gone in so many different directions....kind of fun.

cathyfowler662 Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:16am
post #179 of 11980

I just happened to "fall" into this job. My DH was working at this country club and they needed someone to answer phones. I got in....

I went from answering phones to accounts receivable. There I stayed for 8 years because I had no college degree.

Accounts Payable/Payroll person left and new boss couldn't find anybody. I asked if I could have it and he said YES! I told him over and over that I had never had any accounting classes. I have been doing it for 2 years now.

When I left a/r we searched for a YEAR to find somebody...never did....I told him that I would do that too....for $20,000 a year more...he didn't blink an eye.... I got my nice little raise about a year ago and am now asking for another one. He said that I had to wait until the annual raises in January, but would give me monthly bonuses until then...if I don't quit to go make cakes! I love my boss so much! He is a great person to give me such a great opportunity.

cathyfowler662 Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:20am
post #180 of 11980

Cake_Freak must be out on the town since we haven't heard from her lately....must be nice to be young on a Friday night.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%