I Now Hate Wilton!

Lounge By cake_freak Updated 25 Jun 2007 , 2:05am by Heath

DecoratingDingbat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecoratingDingbat Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:25pm
post #61 of 11980

I bought it once at the cost of $7.00 - and $6.99 was left behind on the plates! - I got off easy! Never will I buy it again, as a matter of fact I'm suspicious of all Wilton edibles and just stay clear of them. I cannot believe they have the nerve to say they are "here for the home baker and hobbiest and it serves their needs" --- icon_mad.gif So am I to understand because I bake from home, or because I do it for a hobby I don't deserve a good tasting product?! WHAT NERVE! Wilton's attitude will have me re-thinking every time I buy ANY of their products. Is this the attitude that happens when they become one of the largest suppliers? I'm blessed that my supply store isn't limited to only Wilton products, and if CK or any other manufacture supplies the same product, I'll be purchasing that one instead! They are probably right my one little sale won't matter to their profit margin, but it sure will make me feel better!
Wilton may have the attitude of shrugging their shoulders and saying "let 'em eat cake" - that doesn't mean it shouldn't taste good!
Well ... icon_twisted.gif my riot has started!! I think Wilton's attitude is worse than their fondant! (calling it fondant is being polite! tapedshut.gif )

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:30pm
post #62 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

Well, you've come to the right place for new fondant recipes! I personally don't care for MMF (and hate making it), and have found Fondx and Satin Ice to be my favorites!

Had to chuckle reading your post....don't know if I was chuckling because of how you wrote it, or chuckling because I could understand it.....my daughter is 17 also icon_lol.gif

oh oh oh....have to add my 2 cents worth about the flavor of Wilton's fondant....school glue was a good comparison, but I think I've got a better one! Doesn't it taste just like a new vinyl doll smells! he he he!

AHAHAHAHa! That's a good one. I've described it as having the consistency of chewing an old piece of gum and then popping a potato chip in your mouth.

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:38pm
post #63 of 11980

icon_eek.gif What is everyone talking about? Wilton Fondant is the best!

I use it to plug up my sink when I do the dishes.... he he he

Gotcha!!!icon_twisted.gif

We used that stuff in school and I swear I thought it was toxic.
Sure does smell like it. Eeeeeeww!!

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:38pm
post #64 of 11980

Yes, but what happens when you don't have time to make your own?

DecoratingDingbat Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:38pm
post #65 of 11980

LOL!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I'm laughing so hard my laptop is dancing!
One of my friends said he would rather have that 'popcorn fart' taste in his mouth. Taste is such a personal thing, but I think it's funny how the majority agree it's not a desirable taste!
Ahhh, vinyl dolls ... gum with chips - lol! Too funny!!

CakesbyMonica Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:39pm
post #66 of 11980

Haha! I did it!

Here you go, sign away. BTW, this is only going to work if we get a lot (like thousands) of signatures. icon_smile.gif

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wiltons_fondant_tastes_nasty

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:43pm
post #67 of 11980

you make time or you have one nasty tasting peice of tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

DecoratingDingbat Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:49pm
post #68 of 11980

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif !!! You rock!! I signed it - twice if you include my comment section. Maybe that's a good thing, not sure I can shut myself up when I get going!

Plug the sink? Your genious! It's definately cheaper than some products at the hardware store - and it probably works better than some!

DecoratingDingbat Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:51pm
post #69 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake_freak

you make time or you have one nasty tasting peice of tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif

Every time you post I poke my screen at your penguin.... can't help it. The money I save NOT buying Wilton's fondant will be going towards therapy. icon_razz.gif

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 9 May 2007 , 9:51pm
post #70 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyMonica

Haha! I did it!

Here you go, sign away. BTW, this is only going to work if we get a lot (like thousands) of signatures. icon_smile.gif

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wiltons_fondant_tastes_nasty

Thanks! I signed it!!!

CakesbyMonica Posted 9 May 2007 , 10:03pm
post #71 of 11980

poke the penquin..haha...I wondered why I had to fight the urge to poke the screen...icon_smile.gif

Exactly what does popcorn fart taste like? And don't say Wilton Fondant!

itsloops-you definitely got me.

cake_freak: Luckily, even with no time on my hands to make MMF, Satin Ice comes to my rescue so I don't have to make tapedshut.gif .

haha wilton tastes like tapedshut.gif

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 9 May 2007 , 10:07pm
post #72 of 11980

Perhaps someone should start a new thread specifically devoted to the petition?

What do you think?

I don't have tons of hope that this will work, but perhaps it will at least unsettle the Wilton folks a little.

CakesbyMonica Posted 9 May 2007 , 10:24pm
post #73 of 11980

nah, I don't think it'll work either, but we can hope. icon_smile.gif Or pretend we are all powerful.

I started a new thread.

cakemom1997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom1997 Posted 9 May 2007 , 11:12pm
post #74 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostinalaska

Ummmm.....how old are you??

Not to be rude or anything, but my goodness, you talk like my 15 year old and write like her too.

Use some punctuation and try proof-reading before you post next time.

WOW, that was rude, Cake Freak keep up the good work on your cakes, by the way the only thing Wilton Fondant is good for is making flowers NOT EATING, look for a fondant called satin Ice itys more expensive but taste good.

i totally agree that was really rude. this is a cake forum shes posting in not english class. if u dont like the way she types go read another post. why do people have to be so judgemental. that had absolutly nothing to do with the topic jmo

smcintosh2801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smcintosh2801 Posted 9 May 2007 , 11:40pm
post #75 of 11980
Quote:

i know im 17 i write and type horrible lol but when it comes to the formal stuff when it HAS to be neat and such i look like i do it every day its just im lazy lol and i hate english class i love poetry ect but i hate the punctiation lol not tomentich i typed that all in like 3 mins in class lol so i understand and im sooo sorry

Sorry to here about your bad exp. w/ Wilton Fondant! MMF is much better. Also don' t worry about someone picking on your punc/grammar. This is A CAKE FORUM! I don't think the majority of us are concerned and come to the forum to see who has bad spelling, grammar etc....... That posting was a little "standoffish"... no it was rude.
Keep up the good work on your cakes... Who cares what your spelling is like thumbs_up.gif

smcintosh2801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smcintosh2801 Posted 9 May 2007 , 11:42pm
post #76 of 11980
Quote:

i know im 17 i write and type horrible lol but when it comes to the formal stuff when it HAS to be neat and such i look like i do it every day its just im lazy lol and i hate english class i love poetry ect but i hate the punctiation lol not tomentich i typed that all in like 3 mins in class lol so i understand and im sooo sorry

Sorry to here about your bad exp. w/ Wilton Fondant! MMF is much better. Also don' t worry about someone picking on your punc/grammar. This is A CAKE FORUM! I don't think the majority of us are concerned and come to the forum to see who has bad spelling, grammar etc....... That posting was a little "standoffish"... no it was rude.
Keep up the good work on your cakes... Who cares what your spelling is like thumbs_up.gif

ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 9 May 2007 , 11:49pm
post #77 of 11980

Thanks for the petition Monica!! I just signed too and left a comment. I hope we get thousands of signatures and show Wilton that they aren't the be all and end all of cake decorating existence!!! I'm not too happy about their character pans either. Not enough detail comes out on the cake on some of them.

DecoratingDingbat Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:40am
post #78 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcintosh2801

Quote:

Nobody cares about the spelling or grammar etc. We ALL make spelling and grammar errors, however it is nice to be able to understand what is being relayed. No one meant to hurt anyones feelings, and I may add it has been MUCH easier to understand the following posts since it was commented on. Anyway, back to the issue at hand please ...

cake_freak Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:35am
post #79 of 11980

i know i was not hurt about it i mean i know i have bad spelling and gramer (think i spelled that right im a lil dizzy right now lol) but either way im dislexic and i have adhd (not a good mix) i have had trouble ALLL through highschool trying to make it and i slowly but surely there i graduate next year GO ME!!! but i was not hurt bye it on that note im letting my younger bro use it with his friends there chucking fondant balls at each othere icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif OOOOO tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif My bro just got smacked on his face!!!

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:50am
post #80 of 11980

...LOL....your avatar cracks me up.....

cake_freak Posted 10 May 2007 , 2:53am
post #81 of 11980

SMILES REALLY BIG I know i love it too icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

OH YEAH

i started a form for the petition!!! here is the link!!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-278253.html

DecoratingDingbat Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:55am
post #82 of 11980

Darn it .... I poked my screen again!!! Love, love that penguin icon_razz.gif ! Thanks for starting the forum by the way icon_wink.gif - hope you signed the petition too. Who would have guessed all this excitement over hating Wilton fondant? Ha,ha - keep stiring the pot, good work - lol!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:04am
post #83 of 11980

Look at me. . .

I have self control. icon_smile.gif I haven't poked the penguin and am not planning to.

Since it was mentioned I feel so compelled to do so, though. icon_mad.gif Grr. . .

cake_freak Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:11am
post #84 of 11980

AHHH i got worse one some where on this computer!!!!!!! lol man i just made some lady fingers icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif OMG im sooooo going to have some with me at school tomarrow!!!!!!!!!!i got like3 bowls of mix to bake as well

Tolinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tolinda Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:35am
post #85 of 11980

wow! i went through the whole 6 pages of this post and it was all interesting! although there was a lot of topic jumpings lol but anyway. i just wanna say that it's so nice to see young decoraters on here! even though i'm just a year older then cake freak icon_lol.gif but i started when i was 17 too. well more like i stayed on cake central and learned all about it before i even got to my first cake! actually at the time i haven't even made my first cake and knew everything about it and dam! is this site addicting lol. but yahhhhhh! way to go cake freak! keep up the good work! and i know this is kinda off topic too but you cc'ers rock! i've learned sooooooooooooooooo much from all of you =D and wilton's fondant sucks like @**! icon_biggrin.gif

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:52am
post #86 of 11980

Hey Cake_Freak, is this the same cake that you had to make over?? Is it the "under the sea" theme? I can't wait to see pictures of that! Your first attempt was really good (just made a week to early). icon_razz.gif

BTW, my DS #1 LOVES Wilton Fondant. icon_confused.gif My instructor always said that the fondant was just like a decoration. Most people peel it off and just eat the BC underneath. I have always done that, no matter if it was one that I made or that someone else made.

Oh, yeah, I'll sign the petition too....off to the other link I go!

cake_freak Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:10am
post #87 of 11980

yea this is the same cake but either way this 2nd one ROCKED!!!!! it had surfboard and coral anda tree and the sand omg it was sooooo cute!!!

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:41am
post #88 of 11980

I was going to go sign the petition and had a lot of this and that pop up. Do we have to pay to sign the petition?

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:47am
post #89 of 11980

No, you don't have to pay. They might ask for a donation for their website, but that is voluntary.

Sunny77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunny77 Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:27pm
post #90 of 11980

I tried to sign the petition but it says I need to donate $ in order to do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%