I Now Hate Wilton!

Lounge By cake_freak Updated 25 Jun 2007 , 2:05am by Heath

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:15am
post #361 of 11980

cake_freak, you must be really tired...it has to be pretty early in the morning for you. When is your commercial due??

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:18am
post #362 of 11980

Good night itsloops! I'm heading there soon myself!

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:28am
post #363 of 11980

hummm maybe a ka icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_evil.gif well i need to look around for cheep prices!

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:42am
post #364 of 11980

No cookies, Im in the middle of the big cake still. The buttercream is pretty good chocolate. I prefer it regular. It is a yummy buttercream, seems very fluffy, though, does it do well for roses, etc? Perhaps I just need to stiffen it.

Can you freeze buttercream? Thats a tapedshut.gif of a lot more than I need.

CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 1:07pm
post #365 of 11980

So, a teacher notices little Charlie squirming in the back of class. He keeps shifting and rearranging himself.

She pulls Charlie aside and asks him whats wrong. Charlie says he just got circumcised, and itches really bad.

The teacher sends him to the office to call his mom. Charlie does so and returns to class.

The teacher notices a sudden commotion surrounding Charlie and hurries to see what is going on. There is little Charlie with his weenie hanging out.

"CHARLIE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"

"My mom said if I stuck it out til noon she'd pick me up on her lunch break."

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 17 May 2007 , 1:57pm
post #366 of 11980

How can frosting taste like cookie dough?

I'm going to miss loops today. She was right, I was tired. I thought when she said her book that she published a book. dunce.gif

freak, when cookies come out of the oven they are still baking on the pan. Big mistake that is made is when they are left in longer time because they don't look done. Then they end up hard.

Mr. Clean, Mr. Clean and I don't know the rest

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 17 May 2007 , 1:59pm
post #367 of 11980

CakesByMOnica, that is too funny!! Cake_freak, how did your commerical go? What class it that for? I went to school here for broadcasting a while back.

I think the reason I don't teach my son so many nursery rhymes might be beause they talk about death and decapitation far too much for my taste!! icon_smile.gif HOW MORBID!! When I reread them now I am "what were they THINKING!" Child abuse, death, heads falling off..... ick

I love your cookies, everyone!! So beautiful! I wish I could flood better.

Anyone remember the little plastic records they would put in cereal boxes or children's meals from Burger Chef? They were so thin and flimsy and usually had whale calls on them or something.

I think bleaching might even make white more yellow sometimes. (Bad experience with t-shirts.) icon_smile.gif

I always tip well if I intend to return to a restaurant...because I know too many people and what they did to bad tippers in long ago. icon_sad.gif Eww. Plus, I have a 2-year old and I don't want to do that to them. icon_smile.gif I do clean the floor up after him, because I would die from embarrassment if I didn't. icon_smile.gif

What's your FAVORITE wilton product? Do they make any? icon_smile.gif

My computer must be really screwed up because it says it's Friday morning where some of you are and I don't think it's Friday in CA just yet. icon_smile.gif

Janette Posted 17 May 2007 , 2:17pm
post #368 of 11980

I look back at Nursery Rhymes and they are cruesom. But, kids don't even think of that, they just like learning them.

Those little records use to be in magazines too.

tazzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazzer Posted 17 May 2007 , 2:25pm
post #369 of 11980

I am a Wilton Instructor and have been for the last 4 years.

We discussed the taste of the fondant in our last Wilton Instructor Seminar and this is what was said by Headquarters.

We have received several inquires about the taste of out Fondant.
In our labs we have tried several flavors and have found that once we started playing with the flavor we lost the texture that the fondant needs.

So it was decided that the appearance and texture is more important than the taste. If you roll the out fondant to the correct depth which is the thickness of a nickel and apply a good Buttercream cream coat to your cake before applying the fondant, the taste of the buttercream should over ride the tast of the fondant.

Janette Posted 17 May 2007 , 2:36pm
post #370 of 11980

Shouldn't they look at what the consumer wants?

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 17 May 2007 , 2:45pm
post #371 of 11980

the cookies where a hit!!!!!!!! OMG IM GLAD LOL EVERY ONE WAS LIKE FOOD LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:47pm
post #372 of 11980

Good Morning all,

I should be able to be with you guys for at least 1/2 a day. It looks like I am going to have to make that trip to Nevada today. ugh!!!
The offer still stands if anyone wants to come with. thumbs_up.gif

I hate being away from CC. I get home sick. icon_lol.gif

Janette, I don't know how to make cookies. Last year I bought some of that pillsbury pre-made cookie dough, cut them, put them in the oven and when I took them out, 1/2 looked burnt and 1/2 were uncooked. WHat did I do wrong? icon_cry.gif AND I can only dream about publishing a book.

Freak, I'm glad your cookies were a hit.

Tazzer, Wilton would make more money if their product tasted a little better. I still refuse to buy it.

Humpty dumpty had a great fall. How sad. You're right!!!

I had some of the plastic records that came in the cereal boxes. I had the ones that came with Frankenberry and Booberry cereal. icon_smile.gif

Monica, your joke was funny. Here's another one:

A husband, proving to his wife that women talk more than men, showed her a study which indicated that men use about 15,000 words a day, whereas women use 30,000 words a day. She thought about this, then told her husband that women use twice as many words as men because they have to repeat everything they say. Looking stunned, he said, "What?"

Janette Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:26pm
post #373 of 11980

I'm glad you said something about Wilton.

Apprently there are those that get bent out of shape if you go off the subject of the thread.

Personally, I think the only ones that has the right to make that compliant is the one that started the thread. Others if they don't like it can click watch stop watching this thread. Or they can post on the subject started and it may take it back to the subject.

Now back to the possitive thread that we were. I'm having so much fun getting to know some of you. We are chatting and talking about cakes and cookies at the same time.

I really over made the cookies. I am putting the rest in a basket so if people want to take some home for their kids they are there for them.

I have to make a 16" and 12" cake today. It's going to be a long day.

I did buy a Wilton Baptism cake topper. It is much nicer then I was expecting. I'm looking forward to doing the cake.

I made some gumpaste flower and I think I did a good job for someone that learned on their own.

loops it's good to see you back.

I wish I was an Oscar Myer Wiener

itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:03pm
post #374 of 11980

Janette,

I know exactly what you mean. I'm afraid of being scolded.

I personally believe Wilton products are priced way too high but they are easily accessible here in CA so I've bought them only because it's convenient. There is a Michael's store in every corner near my home.

The cake shops are a little out of my way and I can only go on the weekends due to my work schedule then my busy after work schedule with my kids.

Remember the Yuban commercial with the percolating coffee pot?

CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:11pm
post #375 of 11980

Wow, so many posts since I left. I decided sleep was more important than cakes icon_surprised.gif , so with one eye on the toddlers, I got an extra 2 hours.

I still have to make 4 cakes, 2 8's and 2 6's, make filling, tort and fill them, wait for my husband to come home and build me a BUFF cake stand, make fudge frosting, frost them, cover them in fondant. Stack them (8,6,6,icon_cool.gif, do the suit buttons and rose and "shirt" area and a fondant bowtie, cover a styrofoam ball in fudge and fondant (don't know how that's gonna work), attach it on the top and if I have enough left over fondant make shoes for the little guy.

I was laying awake last night and had a stroke of GENIUS as to putting this sucker together! I was trying to figure out how to make a fondant tux jacket big enough to go around, stay up, and look good. Now I'm gonna do it in parts!

MY husband can taste the flour in it and he says it makes it taste like cookie dough. I like it and have decided to adopt it. I know that the flour is a stabilizer so maybe trying to sub meringue powder at some trial?

See we talk about cakes sometimes?!

Seriously, roll it out thin enough and the buttercream will override the taste? What great customer care! Did I mention I don't like their buttercream? They should just market it as inedible pratice dough. Then people would know not to eat it. (I mean, they eat playdough and you tell them not to...icon_smile.gif )

itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:51pm
post #376 of 11980

has anyone tried rolled buttercream?

What about aunt Jemima when she used to talk.
That was one of my favorite commercials. I used to have my mom buy me the syrup because I wanted her to talk to me too?

Janette Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:55pm
post #377 of 11980

I'm not afraid of being scolded, it makes my blood pressure go up becaues I get po. I really am a very nice person, I just have a bad temper. I'm 100% Irish.

I hope I'm not repeating myself. This weekend I am trying Satin Ice Fondant for the first time. I've heard so much about it.

I have to share this. I'm listiening to the radio, this is an interesting story. A family in Canada went through a Drive-through at McDonalds, their 8 yr. old bought a Happy Meal. When she opened it there was a bag of pot.

itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:05pm
post #378 of 11980

Gives a whole new meaning to "Happy" Meal. LOL!!!!

I'm pretty hot tempered myself. I'm 100% mexican.

But at the same time, I'm always very happy and peppy. I Love life.

I so wanna try Satin Ice. Is it expensive?

CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:52pm
post #379 of 11980

I'm trying Satin Ice for the first time this weekend too! I needed black fondant.

My cake is taking forever to bake!!

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 17 May 2007 , 7:54pm
post #380 of 11980

Whose mad that we aren't on subject? Was there a subject? icon_smile.gif

Wish I knew some good jokes....

Eewy gooey was a worm
eewy gooey liked to squim
one day he came across a railroad track
along came a train and ..... ewww he gooooey!

CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 8:03pm
post #381 of 11980

Shhh! We are on subject (*wink*)
We just yell WILTON every now and again.

Blue birds bathe in the blue bird bath.

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 17 May 2007 , 8:24pm
post #382 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyMonica

How dry I am
how wet i'll be
if I don't find the bathroom key
I found the key
unlocked the door
but its too late
I WET THE FLOOR!

okay, I'm trying to catch up right now and I have to stop and respond to this!!! I am literally ROFLMAO!!! okay- back to catching up icon_wink.gif

itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 8:38pm
post #383 of 11980

Monica,
Have you ordered black fondant from caljava?

I like it. It's soft though. I use it for decorations and it tastes great.

Not sure why people would be upset. We're still talking cake and Wilton and Fondant and cookie stuff. Where's Janette?

What about sit and spin? Or Slip and slide?

CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 8:42pm
post #384 of 11980

Red rover, red rover let Janette come over.

I have officially filed your BC recipe under "Scarlett's Buttercream" in my big big book o'recipes.

I'm glad you liked my bathroom song. My aunty taught it to me.

How about

Tarzan Swings
Tarzan falls
Jane catches him by the tapedshut.gif
now we know why Tarzan yells
AAAAAAAAoooooAAAAAoooooAAAHHHHHHHH!

CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 8:44pm
post #385 of 11980

Oh, and nope haven't ordered any black fondant yet. I just got some from my local cake supply and won't be doing that again. $40 for 4 lbs of black SatinIce? That can't be right.

I can't find my icer tip, tapedshut.gif it. Now I gotta buy a new one.

1 cake down, 2 in the oven, 1 more to bake.

nrctermite Posted 17 May 2007 , 8:50pm
post #386 of 11980

loops, I have tried rolled BC - love it! But it's a very, very shiny product so if you don't want shiny, I wouldn't recommend it. And yes, sit 'n spin (still around) and slip 'n slide (still around though I think they call it something else).

I need some type of hand held device so that I can keep up with all of these posts!! I'm going to end up getting fired from trying to catch up instead of working. Anyway, I too would like to try satin ice also - one of these days...too many projects I want to try and no time icon_cry.gif

OMG!!! I used to LOVE red rover!!! And I like the original nursery rhymes, refuse to teach the "new" one to my babies. I'm old school in some ways I suppose.

I think for the "tap shoe" cake I may try to carve them? I don't know I'm nervous as tapedshut.gif never done anything like that before, but ya gotta start somewhere.

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 17 May 2007 , 8:59pm
post #387 of 11980

Is this rope still the I HATE WILTON or is it now a joke line? I just got on to see what else was being said and now there is nursery ryming? Too funny.

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 17 May 2007 , 9:01pm
post #388 of 11980

Is this rope still the I HATE WILTON or is it now a joke line? I just got on to see what else was being said and now there is nursery ryming? Too funny.

nrctermite Posted 17 May 2007 , 9:06pm
post #389 of 11980

dosecakestoo, welcome to the funzone - get ready to act afool. icon_lol.gif reminisce about anything you care to and share it with the group. Just be sure to throw in a few baking words here and there. LOL

CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 9:11pm
post #390 of 11980

Like this!

Quote:
Quote:

So yesterday I was making a CAKE, did you hear the funny joke about the penguin poking? Where is cake_freak?, WILTON, itsloops wants someone to suck her butt and cathyfowler, too, please donate surgery! ICING, I was excited about becoming a Jr. Member, too, but my frequent member status (BUTTERCREAM) was earned without me paying attention, I get carried away with posting, TIERED, I want a treadmill or an elliptical machine, BRONWEN WEBER, but I can't afford one. I want to put it right in front of the tv. WEDDING. I have to do something eating the scraps and cake balls. Janette, have you ever made your buttercream chocolate? Oops, that was actually about cake.

I wonder just how many people are lurking...reading the continuing posts and have yet to pop in?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%