I Now Hate Wilton!

Lounge By cake_freak Updated 25 Jun 2007 , 2:05am by Heath

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:46am
post #331 of 11980

OK GIRLS i racked my brain for ever and then i thought about my foods class up in madisonville with mrs tabor omg THAT WAS IT!!! i know it sounds weird but in that class we did like actual get to gethers for the school and we made every thing and at one point in time we made cake mix cookies i was 1 egg short but i took the chance and added a little water and mixed it and now i have 12 cookies in the oven as we speak! lol never thought that class would com in handy but when else fails right lol omg im still blown away after a full year i rember the recipie lol

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:50am
post #332 of 11980

Boy would I be in trouble if we had a chat room.

I think my Dog and Cats would leave with my husband.

I made the Wilton Chocolate Buttercream. I don't think I have ever eaten bad chocolate.

A couple of weeks ago I had to make a Coffee theme cake. So I added some Cocoa to my frosting to make it a brownish color. It tasted mildly choclate. I liked it.

When I climb up to get a drink, it doesn't work the way I think.

I turn it up the water goes, it hits me right upon my nose.

I turn it down to make it small and don't get any drink at all.

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:53am
post #333 of 11980

How dry I am
how wet i'll be
if I don't find the bathroom key
I found the key
unlocked the door
but its too late
I WET THE FLOOR!

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:00am
post #334 of 11980

itsloops, it was my Mothers day gift. Don't know how expensive it was. He didn't get me the edible ink or paper though....that would be too easy!!

cake_freak, glad you got to make some cookies. Hopefully all will work out okay! It has to be midnight there! You are pulling an all-nighter aren't you!

Janette, I would be in HUGE trouble if we had a chat room. I've been addicted to those before! Wow, my kids were so ignored then! They were about 4 and 2 back then!

cake_freak Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:02am
post #335 of 11980

no its only 1102 here lol

CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:10am
post #336 of 11980

Only 9:05. Chicken will be done in 20 minutes! I LOVE cake mix cookies. I used to freeze them so I wouldn't eat them, and then eat them frozen. They are SO bad for you. icon_smile.gif
I use about.com's recipe cause I find it the easiest. I told my friend that couldn't bake if her life depended on it, and this is what she now bakes for those "special" times. Haha. I make an entire cake, beautifully decorated, themed to their likes and she makes a batch of cookies from a box.. tapedshut.gif Jessica.
1 - 18.25 ounce box cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cups of *
PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet(s). Mix together cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in *. Make little balls with the dough and put on cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

I'm off to make Janette's Buttercream and then fool with it and make it chocolate. Then bake 4 cakes and some WBH filling.

cake_freak Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:14am
post #337 of 11980

i was an egg short but i just to them out i used a pineapple suppream cake mix and it smells like bubble gum? i dont get it oh well they taste fine to me its the class of judge mentals i have to feed them too....

cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:16am
post #338 of 11980

cake_freak, any particular shape, theme going on?? Remember to TAKE PICTURES!

Janette Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:18am
post #339 of 11980

I don't think one egg will make a big difference.

I always found chat rooms to be so boring. But, here I could really get into it.

It's like we have a secret society of cake people.

cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:20am
post #340 of 11980

Yep, even if we do go off on different tangents (sp?)!

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:23am
post #341 of 11980

I couldn't bake cookies if my life depended on it. For some reason I suck at it. Even the pre-made kind. I don't have the knack for it.

I'm glad you were able to think of something in a jiffy cake_freak. Good Luck tomorrow. I hope you won't be too tired for class. It's awfuly (sp?) late for you to be up.

Even though we don't have a chat room, I'm here waaaaaaaaay too much and it's about to get worse as my boss is on vacation starting tomorrow until May 28th. Yikes!!! icon_razz.gif

Does anyone have the book Pretty Party Cakes by Peggy Porschen?

I ordered it and it arrived today. Eeeeeeeeeek!!! I'm so excited.

For my birthday, I want Toba Garrett's new book.

cake_freak Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:28am
post #342 of 11980

of corse my digital cam is setting right here already (hehehe i was ghost huntting and caught some im soo excited!!!) but yeah so far my cookies ar looking great weird tast im kinda iffy on it but oh well this was trial and error lol

itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:34am
post #343 of 11980

cake_freak,
You saw some ghosts???? icon_surprised.gif

My son (13) just read your post and he's asked me to ask if you can send them our way. He's a little ghost buster. icon_smile.gif

You can just e-mail to my email: [email protected]

Now I want some cookies.

Janette Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:41am
post #344 of 11980

I could not make decorated cookies for the life of me.

I bought Toba Garrett's book. I just got through making Baptism cookies. I am so proud. But the gallery is being worked on so I can't post right now.

I was going to just put the pic here but my photo program isn't behaving, I would have to re-boot. I'm too lazy right now.

Janette Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:46am
post #345 of 11980

Ok, I couldn't resist, here they are
LL

CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:49am
post #346 of 11980

I wanna make cookies!! Right now I am waiting for butter to come to room temp. Whee!

cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:51am
post #347 of 11980

Your cookies look great! I wish that I could do that good a job on the detail. I have no problem flooding, but I can't do detail work.

itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:52am
post #348 of 11980

Oh Janette,

Those are just beautiful.
Check these out. They are in my new book.
LL

cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:55am
post #349 of 11980

I'm just waiting for the American Idol results....NO ONE TELL ME!!!

itsloops, where is La Mirada??

Janette Posted 17 May 2007 , 4:59am
post #350 of 11980

Now those must have taken a long time.

I made my bows out of gumpaste. I got a cutter from countrykitchensa.com that makes three sizes of bows. All little bows but I know I will make use out of them. On the cookie is the smallest bow.

loops, I understand if you don't feel comfortable answering my question, but how much do you charge for one of those cookies?

See you girls tomorrow, it's 1am and I am beat from making 90 cookies.

Keep it going.

Oh yea, I don't like Wilton cookie cutters. shhh.gif Had to throw in something about Wilton.

itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:00am
post #351 of 11980

cathyfowler662,

La Mirada is right on the border of L.A and Orange County.

Not sure if you've ever heard of Whittier or Buena Park (Knotts Berry Farm)
Well I'm right in between those 2 cities. La Mirada is LA county but because I'm in the unincorporated side, it makes me Orange county.

I may have to drive to Nevada tomorrow. I'm so not looking forward to it. One of my husbands drivers backed out on him and that only leaves me to do the job. Anyone wanna come with?? No CC for most of tomorrow. icon_cry.gif

itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:03am
post #352 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

loops, I understand if you don't feel comfortable answering my question, but how much do you charge for one of those cookies?

Janette, those are not my cookies. They came in the book that I bought.

I understand you're tired. icon_redface.gif

I would love to make them but as I said before, I suck at cookies. icon_cry.gif

cake_freak Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:04am
post #353 of 11980

here is the pic
of the cookies lol this batch got a little brow stayed in the oven about 2 -3 mins tooo long lol
LL

cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:06am
post #354 of 11980

itsloops, I've probably been there then. I've been to Whittier and whenever we go to D-Land we go have dinner at Knotts (love the chicken dinner)

I would LOVE to go to Nevada. I've only been to Tahoe and Reno....THAT'S IT! I really want to go to Vegas...probably not in the plans in the next couple of years!

I'll probably be going to D-Land sometime this summer. DH has the week of July 4 off, but I won't take that time off...every place will be too busy, so the kids and I will have vacation on our own this year.

cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:08am
post #355 of 11980

Cake_freak, what design are you going to put on those cookies? They look good so far!!

cake_freak Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:08am
post #356 of 11980

sorry about the ITTY BITTY pictuer but kodak SP? takes so big pictures all of them exupt for the 7 or 8 i just got out due they were in to long and my tierd buttox was not paying attenchin

cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:12am
post #357 of 11980

Monica, what type of cookies are you going to make??

Whenever I "make" cookies (or should I say decorate), my friend always makes the dough. I keep saying if I didn't have to do the baking and cleaning I would LOVE cake and cookie decorating! At least when I am at home in Fresno, I have someone who cleans up after me. In San Jose I have to do everything myself!

CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:13am
post #358 of 11980

mmm, janette, that is good frosting! I love it, my husband says it tastes like cookie dough (he doesn't like cookie dough) but he says its good. ? I'm off to make it chocolate!

cake_freak Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:14am
post #359 of 11980

i have no milk so i cant make the iceing i was going to make but they already sweet as it is i dont think in tast sake i dont say they need any thing than some milk and santa comeing down the chimney BUT wrong time of year lol (tooo bad i would be 18 lol) but any who i cant decorate them (im getting some cash flow im splitting it up i got 4 things i could do get all the food i need for the cake stuff or new tattoo or go to galic dreams and get some new stuff i need OR get some new clothes or mabie a ka HUMMM icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 5:14am
post #360 of 11980

ok ladies,
I need to get to bed. I have a long day tomorrow but I'll be thinking about you.

G'Nite.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%