I Now Hate Wilton!

Lounge By cake_freak Updated 25 Jun 2007 , 2:05am by Heath

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:36pm
post #301 of 11980

When I go to a restaurant, I just double the tax to get their tip. BUT if they were terrible....I only give about a dollar. Foodservers make good money. At the country club where I work, some of them make more than me!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:38pm
post #302 of 11980

I think Wilton should use better material on their pillars and plates so they don't yellow.

shhh.gif Every once in a while we will have to throw something in about Wilton or everyone will know we have been meeting here to chit chat icon_razz.gif

cathyfowler662 Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:38pm
post #303 of 11980

lol

cathyfowler662 Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:40pm
post #304 of 11980

do the wilton pillars really yellow? is that from old age or is it from putting them in icing. I try not to do any stacked cakes......they would probably fall on me!!

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:41pm
post #305 of 11980

I tip what I can afford. If the service isn't good, I dont tip as much.

We went to TGI Fridays a couple of months ago and hubby's steak was actually frozen in the middle. tapedshut.gif

Did you know they didn't offer to pay for the meal. They just gave us free ice cream. icon_mad.gif

By the time they brought out the replacement steak hubby was too upset to eat so we paid and left immediately.

Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:47pm
post #306 of 11980

cathy, really.

Waitresses her make well under the min. wage. Something in the law because they get tips they don't have to be paid min. wage.

If my service is horrible I don't leave anything. But that has only happened a couple of times. And, I don't take it out on them if the food is bad, that's not their fault.

If they have gone over and beyond or if they are very busy and I see she has tried her very best. I leave a large tip.

My mother alwasy told me if I have a good waitress leave a penny with the tip, it's a ways of telling her. She was a waitress. If I was to do that now they would think I was wacked.

I just haven't understood why tips didn't stay at 10%

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:47pm
post #307 of 11980

They should just make a chat room.
The conversation would go like this,

So yesterday I was making a CAKE, did you hear the funny joke about the penguin poking? Where is cake_freak?, WILTON, itsloops wants someone to suck her butt and cathyfowler, too, please donate surgery! ICING, I was excited about becoming a Jr. Member, too, but my frequent member status (BUTTERCREAM) was earned without me paying attention, I get carried away with posting, TIERED, I want a treadmill or an elliptical machine, BRONWEN WEBER, but I can't afford one. I want to put it right in front of the tv. WEDDING. I have to do something eating the scraps and cake balls. Janette, have you ever made your buttercream chocolate? Oops, that was actually about cake.

itsloops Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:48pm
post #308 of 11980

some Wilton stuff is just priced so high. I'm convinced it's all in the name.

cathyfowler662,
I'd like it off my butt, thighs, hips, stomache. I need an overhaul on my mid-section. It's really done a number on my self esteem. icon_cry.gif

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:49pm
post #309 of 11980

i went to some resterant near where i live and they brought out all our meals at the same time.... btw we had already been there for close to 2 hours... waiting for a table and then ordering yada yada.... so we ended up having apps, dinner all at the same time... we wern't even finished our meals before the waiter asked what we wanted for dessert.... jeeze i wanted a nice sit down dinner... not fast food...

Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:51pm
post #310 of 11980

Monica, you make my day

itsloops Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:53pm
post #311 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyMonica

They should just make a chat room.
The conversation would go like this,

So yesterday I was making a CAKE, did you hear the funny joke about the penguin poking? Where is cake_freak?, WILTON, itsloops wants someone to suck her butt and cathyfowler, too, please donate surgery! ICING, I was excited about becoming a Jr. Member, too, but my frequent member status (BUTTERCREAM) was earned without me paying attention, I get carried away with posting, TIERED, I want a treadmill or an elliptical machine, BRONWEN WEBER, but I can't afford one. I want to put it right in front of the tv. WEDDING. I have to do something eating the scraps and cake balls. Janette, have you ever made your buttercream chocolate? Oops, that was actually about cake.

How old are you? You write like my 17 year old.
That was too funny. I almost choked on my water.
That was a true ADHD moment!!!

CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:53pm
post #312 of 11980

I never knew it was 10%. I was always taught 15%, and think that's reasonable. In most cases its about $2. However, most people don't even leave that. Feeding your entire family of four, I think, earns at least $5. Of course, you have to do a good job, but rarely does anyone ever really screw up. The food, on the contrary, can often be their fault. If they took too long to get it out, it can get cold, or in the case of a steak, overcook. I try to leave $2/head for most instances. Of course, I live in CA where the cost of living is much higher. We got paid minimum, plus tips, and I averaged about $80 to $120 in a shift. My mom always taught me to be a good tipper, becoming a waitress made me a picky tipper.

Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:54pm
post #313 of 11980

I think they just yellow on their own.

I found a spray paint that is toxic free and just repaint them white.

Bleaching doesn't work.

Opps, the husband will be home soon, I don't want him to see me on CC he will know I've spent too much time here. I'll sneak back later. Keep it going.

CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 10:57pm
post #314 of 11980

Oh, now we're going back into the grammar thing again! I was always in the highest English classes and got A's, except when we had to read Julius Ceasar.

My brother has ADHD. I think that was more like Turrett's.

cathyfowler662 Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:01pm
post #315 of 11980

Janette - foodservers here at the country club make about $10 - $15 an hour. PLUS TIPS! I make a good wage, but when a server makes more than me (I'm the payroll, acct payable, acct receivable, all around accountant here) it just makes me a little upset. but I don't want to work weekends. I have enough to do then!

Oh, I had a nice dinner once (around Christmas) and left a $100 tip on a $60 bill. He was good. He talked to my kids about video games that they like. I like it when the servers acknowledge my kids.

itsloops Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:04pm
post #316 of 11980

You're right. My daughter has ADHD as well.

It was still funny. I'd better get ready to go home. It's almost quitting time.

Hey! Do they make pink food color for airbrushing? My airbrush only came with red, blue and yellow.

Maybe I need to take a trip to Calico cake shop. icon_twisted.gif

I'll check back in tonight as well.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:18pm
post #317 of 11980

I ALWAYS tip good if they have to clean under a high chair! Sometimes there is more food under there than left on the plate! icon_lol.gif

itsloops Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:21pm
post #318 of 11980
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

I ALWAYS tip good if they have to clean under a high chair! Sometimes there is more food under there than left on the plate! icon_lol.gif

You're so right. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

CakesbyMonica Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:27pm
post #319 of 11980

Yeah, my daughter leaves some pretty big messes, but I usually tip the busboy, not the server.

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:36pm
post #320 of 11980

BIG CAKE ROLLS IN LOOKING AT THE DETAILS BOOM THERES CAKE FREAK IN THE CAKE!!! HEHE im here peeps DONT YA JUST LOVE ME!!!!!!!

Janette Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:57pm
post #321 of 11980

When I waitress I always hated it when parents left a big mess on the floor. They were usually the ones that didn't tip at all.

I was out with my daughter one day with her toddler and I began picking up around the highchair. I told her she should be picking up the mess her son left. She told me, the waitress will clean it. I thought I was going to faint to think my daughter would say that to me after waiting tables to help support her butt.

For me it was hard work with very little pay but it help pay the bills. I went back to school so I wouldn't have to work so hard.

cake_freak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_freak Posted 17 May 2007 , 12:47am
post #322 of 11980

OOOKKKK!!!!!! lets seee i have 2 days of school left in this time i have finals have to attempt to keep my grade passing and there for i NEEEDD YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!! i have to make a comercial (have some but not really any exsperience) + to enhance this movei i need to make a cake (due it is on what your going to do for a careere) ok this is where i have the problim FIRST i have 1 egg i need 3 2nd no confections suger no milk i have vanella and flour and normal grain sugar flour i want this to be edibal and i need this grade PLEASE HELP ME my cabnets are bare (so is my grade average Crying or Very sad ) and i have to pull this off to night before i go to bed PLEASE CC HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE BUDDY OL PALS icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif HATE TO ASK BUT I NEED TO PULL MY SELF OUT OF THIS ONE! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 2:07am
post #323 of 11980

Wow, cake_freak, can your mom take you to the store?? I don't think that you're going to be able to do much without the ingredients to make a cake and some icing! If I lived closer I'd bring you some stuff, but, sorry..... Where are you in KY; I was born in Ft. Campbell. Haven't been there since I was 12.

cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 2:10am
post #324 of 11980

I always cleaned up the floor after my kids, I never thought it was the job of the busser or the food server. They used to tell me to leave it, but I just couldn't. I hated cleaning it up at home, why would I want someone I didn't even know to have to clean up after MY kids??!!!

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 17 May 2007 , 2:25am
post #325 of 11980

WOW I missed alot just being off for those few hours the site was down (but I was sooo jonesen [sp?]) Anyway, yeah I hate the uprise 10% to 15% to 20% tip we're expected to leave. I tip what I want- period, unless they force me to tip what they want by adding it to the bill. But I do tip well, even if the service is lousy. Okay, that out of the way...oh and yes I pick up after my kids. In catching up I was lmao - and freak, I am afraid I cannot help you icon_sad.gif but if I could I surely would.

But seriously, since I can't get into the gallery to look around does anyone know of any tap shoe cakes pics I can look at? I googled it earlier, but haven't had any luck. I can find ballerina, but I was asked specifically for tap shoes. TIA!!!

3, 6, 9 the goose drank wine, the monkey chewed tobacco on the street car line, the line broke, the monkey got chocked and they all went to heaven in a little row boat. [cakes] my daddy taught me that one.

cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 2:42am
post #326 of 11980

wow, I feel so stupid! or is it that my folks never taught me little rhymes!

CakesbyMonica Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:07am
post #327 of 11980

hello, people I am back. I must make dinner (un-fried chicken (mmm.) and garlic fries)

Janette-do you ever make your bc chocolate?

cake_freak-welcome back, wheres the penguin game? My advice is to hit up the 99 cent store, they have cake mixes, eggs, milk...99 cents baby. Apparently some have the Wilton yearbooks, too!

I know the waitresses where I worked rarely cleaned the floors. The bussers did it, that's why I tip them when my daughter makes a mess.

itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:08am
post #328 of 11980

cathyfowler, don't feel bad. My folks never taught me any rhymes either. I learned them in school and tv and some while my children were going to school.

cake_freak, I'm sorry about your dilema. I'd even ship you some if it weren't that you needed them tonight. icon_sad.gif

nrctermite,
Sorry, I've never seen any tap shoes. (....sigh!) icon_rolleyes.gif

So I was on the treadmill for 30.04 minutes and I burned 200 calories.
Yay me! thumbs_up.gif

Maybe I won't need as much lipo sucking in a couple of months. he he he

I didn't get a chance to see if they have pink paint for my airbrush. Does anyone know? icon_rolleyes.gif

cathyfowler662 Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:29am
post #329 of 11980

itsloops, don't know about the pink paint. (just wish I had an airbrush!) icon_cry.gif

I did get a new printer so that I could do the edible images, though. icon_lol.gif

itsloops Posted 17 May 2007 , 3:34am
post #330 of 11980

Coolness. I want an edible printer thing-a-ma-jig.
Are those expensive?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%