What's Going On In The World

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 19 May 2020 , 10:07pm by SandraSmiley

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 8:05pm
post #151 of 246

LOVE it!  I am all for well-placed cursing.  Also one of my sisters calls me Aunt Cursey - there's a time and a place for the F word or many times!  Thank you for sharing!

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 24 Mar 2020 , 8:07pm
post #152 of 246

Actually, I think this behaviour is very European. I was raised Canadian/Scottish. Pretty ordinary, stayed, not a lot of emotions shown. Then I married into a Polish family. Whoa Mama. Loud, boisterous, opinionated!!! Never experienced anything like that. Took me several years to find my “voice”. And learn not to let my very bossy, opinionated  Mom-in-lw try and run our lives, interfere with raising our kids, not to control her son/my husband as if he was still living at home. Ha Ha. Actually I use to kid my husband that he had a double barrel. I was, and still am to a degree, (although mellowed with age), a bossy person. They say men marry their mother’s!!!! Well, at least gravitate to some of their mother’s personality traits. My parents never could understand or feel comfortable around my Polish in-laws and their friends. Always found that very sad. I got very close to my mom-in-lw. She would have done anything for her children, 4 boys + spouses. Mother/Babcia was generous to a fault. Not so my parents.  Actually, truth be told, I was closer to my mom-in-lw than I was to my own mother. I loved my mom, and I miss her, but not as much as I miss my mom-in-lw. 

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 2:00am
post #153 of 246

We did it! Not fancy or perfect by any means, but Dante is very excited for tomorrow, so that’s all that matters!

What's Going On In The WorldWhat's Going On In The WorldWhat's Going On In The World

lvdenver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvdenver Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 2:06am
post #154 of 246

Absolutely Wonderful!

And for the short notice, Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Done!

jchuck Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 2:07am
post #155 of 246

Looks awesome. And Dante loves it, so mission accomplished!!!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 2:10am
post #156 of 246

adorable cake MerMadeBakedGoods

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 2:57am
post #157 of 246

Wow!  I cannot believe you pulled it off so quickly!  Looks amazing!  Happy birthday to Dante.  Have fun tomorrow.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 4:59am
post #158 of 246

Well done!!! Super nice .... & makes a wonderful story/ memory I’d say give Donte a b’day hug but those are not allowed:(

theresaf Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 11:32am
post #159 of 246

Fantastic!  Love the confetti sprinkles fans!  Oh Dante you've got a great Mom! Happy Birthday!

SandraSmiley Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 4:29pm
post #160 of 246

bump

ReginaCoeliB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReginaCoeliB Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 7:54pm
post #161 of 246

I remember the day when my dad showed up with a case of tools as mother's day present... Well, I did the same to my dear son today... I made a chocolate cake for him... or maybe for me? Well, it was good anyway! And happy Birthday to Dante as well... at least someone really make a cake for HIM!

What's Going On In The World

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 7:56pm
post #162 of 246

Holy macaronis that looks DEEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS!!!

MBalaska Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 8:16pm
post #163 of 246

Yes that does look wonderful.  Well done & happy families to you & yours. 

kakeladi Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 8:41pm
post #164 of 246

And where’s my piece? Oh that looks soooo good Cherry

theresaf Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 9:10pm
post #165 of 246

Yum that chocolate cake looks great too!  

I made some individual apple hand pies  or Poptarts to have while I chatted with my kooky brothers and sisters! What's Going On In The World

jchuck Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 9:11pm
post #166 of 246

Oh my!!!!!!!!!! Now am going to have to make chocolate cake in a mug.....me needs something sweet....

jchuck Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 9:22pm
post #167 of 246

Ooooooooo Teresa, don’t they look good. My husband is actually making dinner right now. Lucky me...❤️

MBalaska Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 9:25pm
post #168 of 246

Quote by @jchuck on 12 minutes ago

Oh my!!!!!!!!!! Now am going to have to make chocolate cake in a mug.....me needs something sweet....

Ha, I just made chocolate cake in a mug last night. Using the pioneer womans (Ree Drummand"??) recipe.  I did add a half an egg to mine though.  It was good enough for me without any frosting.

theresaf Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 9:27pm
post #169 of 246

Thank you June!

Oh everyone needs a treat today! I made 3 from one roll-out pie crust.  I mean, I made 2.  That one that I ate doesn't count!!  And it is just the two of us - my husband Peter does not have anywhere near the sweet tooth I have.  

jchuck Posted 25 Mar 2020 , 9:28pm
post #170 of 246

Yup, I like a lot of these recipes like, cupcakes for two, or recipe for 6 cookies, etc. Then you’re having a treat, but not overdoing it.

kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 12:16am
post #171 of 246

I made up some biscuits (?) —crescent dough & filled them w/ a mixture of raisins, apple & cinnamon, brown sugar, & nutmeg Will be good w/my “weak tea” for bkfst Maybe I’ll add an egg & slice of bacon too

jchuck Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 1:29am
post #172 of 246

Sounds good kakeladi/lynne 

I did make the chocolate cake in a mug, but split it with my husband. I reduced the amount of sugar in the recipe, because I was putting on icing. Was just enough of a sweet treat. And we did walk 3 km today. 

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 1:59am
post #173 of 246

Regis, that not only looks gorgeous, it sounds divine!  

Oh those apple pies, theresaf!  Drooling!

OK, I am the pig in the bunch!  We picked up amazing homemade calzones from our local (real) Italian restaurant and I ate all of mine, with red wine, of course.  Then I ate a piece of the Elderflower-Lemon cake and later a Drum Stick (vanilla ice cream cone with chocolate and peanuts on top).  We walked four miles this morning, but probably should have walked 50!

theresaf Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 1:17pm
post #174 of 246

Good morning! I'm glad we are all connected by not only our need to have a sweet or three but share it!  Okay I have GOT to get more walking in today - Peter and I agreed we'd get some work done first and walk around in the afternoon.  It's going to be 55 and sunny here today so time to take advantage.  More time out of the house means less I-wonder-what's-calling-my-name-from-the-kitchen!

MBalaska Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 2:46pm
post #175 of 246

Last night in Florida here, was kill a  rattlesnake in the driveway day. It's always something.

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 9:57pm
post #176 of 246

At least it was only (yeah, I know "only") a rattle snake.  Could have been a boa constrictor or is it pythons who are taking over southern Florida?  Big snakes anyway!

jchuck Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 10:14pm
post #177 of 246

Yes Sandra I think it’s both. Boa constrictors and pythons. People buy them, and get tired of the expense and upkeep. So they let them go in the Everglades. What they don’t realize is, obviously, there not a native species. Those two snakes have ravaged the Everglades, destroying many other animals. And there multiplying. You know what became a problem in our Great Lakes???? Goldfish...yup.....goldfish. People flushing them down the toilet live. Everyone thinks they die, but they don’t. They end up breeding, and you get a kazillion of em. 

MBalaska Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 10:44pm
post #178 of 246

and then they turn into crackers   hahahaha

Quote by @jchuck on 28 minutes ago You know what became a problem in our Great Lakes???? Goldfish...yup.....goldfish. 

SandraSmiley Posted 26 Mar 2020 , 11:49pm
post #179 of 246

Haha!  Good one, MBalaska!

We, and I guess everyone else, are over with Japanese lady bugs.  Millions of them invade every fall and, although I've never been bitten, a lot of people say they bite.

kakeladi Posted 27 Mar 2020 , 1:32pm
post #180 of 246

Bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%