Officially Embarassed

Lounge By ktbug103 Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm by Heath

emccle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emccle Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:31pm
post #1801 of 2203

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:36pm
post #1802 of 2203

I didn't want to post until I got to the end & even though it's taken me a week, by crikey I've done it !!! ( well, it felt like a week !!! ) icon_biggrin.gif
Now I've forgotten what I wanted to say icon_cry.gificon_eek.gif

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:47pm
post #1803 of 2203

jules06 wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

I didn't want to post until I got to the end & even though it's taken me a week, by crikey I've done it !!! ( well, it felt like a week !!! )
Now I've forgotten what I wanted to say

At least you made it through. I started reading Mon am and read 40 pages before I had to tear myself away to do actual work at my house icon_redface.gifThen, the thread went to page 67.....now it's on (I think) 122! I'm officially throwing in my towel, but it has certainly been an interesting read! icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:16pm
post #1804 of 2203

......Never had allergies before my thirties,......

Same hereicon_smile.gif I was in my 50s when I was diagnosed. What a problem they can be..... mine are food mostly icon_sad.gif
I can't eat beef, lamb, gr beans, coconut, mellons of any kind, and cashews. That's the majors ones, there's more I can't think of right now.

spencersmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spencersmom98 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:30pm
post #1805 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBell22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayeG

Quote:

cakelurker - just noticed your sig line. I love poms & so want one when the kids are a little older. I love their names ever more! *swoon*

Just for the record .... TEAM JACOB here! There is NO man like Edward!! thumbs_up.gif

NOOOOOOO...TEAM EDWARD all the way here. Almost had to skip most of New Moon when it was all Jacob.

Did SpencersMom mention that we went to the midnight showing?

RIGHT!!! The whole time I was like, "where is Edward?! Where is Edward?!" Then, when she starts hearing his voice I get all excited, only to be let down!

Have you read the draft of Midnight Sun on Meyer's website?

Your pups are the cutest btw! icon_biggrin.gif

Am I reading this right? She's writing another Twilight novel? This thread keeps getting better and better!! margaritas, farting critters, teacups, chocolate men, and vampires..OH MY!!

Yes she is. MIDNIGHT SUN. It's TWILIGHT from Edward's perspective. The first 12 chapters are on her website. There's a whole controversy arround it because there were only a few rough drafts she had lent out to people and one of those people let it "leak" on the internet. Each rough draft is suppossed to be different, so she is suppossed to know WHO the leaker was. There's A LOT of people who think R Pattz is the leaker because S Meyer lent him a 12 chapter version of MIDNIGHT SUN to read so he could get a better feel for his character Edward. Did you know that prior to acceppting his role as Edward, he had never even READ ANY of the Twilight books??!!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:35pm
post #1806 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakelurker

Quote:

cakelurker - just noticed your sig line. I love poms & so want one when the kids are a little older. I love their names even more! *swoon*

edited cause it's even not ever. dunce.gif

Forgot to look at page number. Errr.

They're still puppies. I wuv them...even when they're being a PITA. Finally getting the potty training down. (Glad KT did't come to my pad)

Let me try to post a pic of them.

This is my stepdaughter holding the dogs. Bella is the red pom and Edward is the black and white pom.

How cute! Wanna see my baby? His coat is a lot thicker now, this was last year when he was only 8 months old.

The lil pups are so adorable. I meant to comment on them last night but I was in the middle of my emoticon transferring lesson! icon_wink.gif (this easy one just seems to fit well - why bother going for more?!)

spencersmom98 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:41pm
post #1807 of 2203

I can't seem to find the post now, but someone made the comment about KTbug's mom smoking in the 40 min car ride, and then KTBug saying that my house smelled funky? I wish I could find it now!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:44pm
post #1808 of 2203

.........quick replies don't count towards your number of posts?.......

Oh Yes they do! Other wise I would not have some 3,000.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:45pm
post #1809 of 2203

I'm baaaack! Good morning all!

I just want to thank all our west coast and Alaska girls for keeping this going while we on this side of the US catch up on some zzzzzzzzzzz's!

Edna......love your sexy key man, can't wait to see who you post today! His eyes are gorgeous, can you imagine if he and jodief got together and had kids? (she posted her pic around page 100 I think) Man, her eyes are beautiful too.

My goal for this morning is to TRY to be able to post some of those cool emoticons. I can get it here, but when I hit "Img" only the text shows up and not the actual emoticon icon_confused.gif Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I know I'm a computer idiot, but it can't be as hard as I'm making it icon_redface.gif

Oh, and that stinks about the Illinois HD laws and the no home kitchen thing. I wonder how difficult it would be to try to get these laws changed in areas that don't allow it.

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:50pm
post #1810 of 2203

Good morning Ladies! Of course, I had to check this thread before I went to work--only had 8 pages to catch up on! Now, since I will be away from my computer all day, everyone please type with one finger (as was mentioned in previous posts) so that I will only have 40 pages to catch up on when I return! icon_eek.gif

Have a great day!

Sheryl

spencersmom98 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:52pm
post #1811 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Oh, and that stinks about the Illinois HD laws and the no home kitchen thing. I wonder how difficult it would be to try to get these laws changed in areas that don't allow it.

Didn't I see something floating around here a few weeks ago that someone wrote their state legislature, or something, and got that law changed? Do we know anything about that? I think there was also a form letter to send out. Man, I wish I had paid more attention to it, now!

I figure I can ask the contacts the HD inspector gave me about kitchens to rent, or places for sell, or for any other info they can give me, if I can't sell out of my own house. Or heck, info about grants to add on a kitchen! lol

saap1204 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:52pm
post #1812 of 2203

By th way, how many posts do I need to lose my "Junior Member" status? If it is 100, I may make that by the end of this thread. icon_lol.gif

saap1204 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:54pm
post #1813 of 2203

Spencersmom: if you find that form letter and need signatures, let me know. I am in Illinois also--the northwest suburbs though. I am leaving my computer now...

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:55pm
post #1814 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbak37

Cakecastle..6 girls?! icon_surprised.gif Did I read that right?

Yep. Now I gotta get back to page 108. Glad it's slowing down a bit, dh will be home in about 20!

Twenty years isn't so bad!!! At least it wasn't life!!! Image

spencersmom98 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:56pm
post #1815 of 2203

If I find that letter, I'll post it in this thread, and then start another one as well, for the people who are scared of the 100 + pages we've got going on in here! lol

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:59pm
post #1816 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

......Never had allergies before my thirties,......

Same hereicon_smile.gif I was in my 50s when I was diagnosed. What a problem they can be..... mine are food mostly icon_sad.gif
I can't eat beef, lamb, gr beans, coconut, mellons of any kind, and cashews. That's the majors ones, there's more I can't think of right now.

Gosh, it sounds like your gall bladder is acting up.... icon_confused.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:02pm
post #1817 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissieCakes

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

Quote:

ok...dumb question. I cannot figure out how to quote another poster like you guys all do!!! How do you get those boxes to show up in your post?

Click "quote" in the upper right corner of the post you want to answer/reply to

whoo-hoo...like this?? icon_smile.gif Thanks!

Now I'm one of the cool kids. Ha-ha! Quotes within the quote. Doesn't take much to amuse me. Guess that's why I'm still lingering here even though I should go to bed!!!!

Don't exactly know why, but this just made me laugh out loud!! Image

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:07pm
post #1818 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

Edna, where are you hiding this chocolate man that you keep taking these pictures of?? What is his name...oh wait...I don't care!

I wanna know where she hides chocolate man when the key man comes by. If she needs to ditch one, I'll baby sit!! Image

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:11pm
post #1819 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshalfpint

Ok I'm gonna be detective.gif here for a minute......Maybe the OP is pregnant and she has super smell(which happens when you're pregnant) and she was the only one that could smell the animals icon_lol.gif OK,OK, I know that is far fetched, but I swear I smell things no one else does and it drives me crazy icon_cry.gif Maybe she's hormonal icon_lol.gif That's why my DH says I do the things I do icon_confused.gif

Are you trying to tell us something? Are you expecting? icon_smile.gif If so, congratulations thumbs_up.gif If not, carry on...............sigh

Thank you. I do smell stuff no one else does though. I will change my DS a million times because his clothes smell funny. Nobody else smells it but me icon_cry.gif

I'm like that too! My DH says my sense of smell is as good as any dogs (what a compliment eh???). Anyway it all started with my 1st pregnancy and has never gone away (the fat

too icon_lol.gif )

You're lucky.....at least you got the enhanced sense of smell, too! Image

Deb_ Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:11pm
post #1820 of 2203

Grace I know you just mastered the "cool" emoticon thingy yesterday, but could you give a "Emoticons for Dummies" lesson to me pleeeezzzzzzzz? Pretty, pretty, please with chocolate man on top icon_lol.gif ! (or bottom) icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks, Deb

spencersmom98 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:13pm
post #1821 of 2203

Ha! I found the thread with the letter to the legislature you can use to try to change the laws regarding home kitchens. http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=46933&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Here's another thread about another fellow CC'er writing her legislator and getting that law passed!!!! http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614118.html

Here is the letter: It is from Kelleym

January 10, 2009

Representative Dan Gattis
P.O. Box 2910
Austin, TX 78768

Dear Representative Gattis:

In 2007 I wrote to you regarding an issue that is very important to me the enacting of a Cottage Foods Act to legalize the sale of home baked cakes and cookies. I am writing again to ask you to sponsor a bill that would allow Texans to sell non-hazardous baked goods prepared in residential kitchens.

In Texas it is illegal to sell a cake made in a home kitchen. Most people are not aware of this law. It is the Texas Administrative Code, Food Establishment Rules, Rule §229.167 (E)(10) which states Private homes and living or sleeping quarters, use prohibition. A private home, a room used as living or sleeping quarters, or an area directly opening into a room used as living or sleeping quarters may not be used for conducting food establishment operations.

This law is in place to protect the public from unsafe foods. However, cakes and other baked goods such as cookies, pies and brownies are considered low-risk for spoilage and contamination due to their high sugar content. There are at least 9 other states that have mechanisms in place for allowing bakers and cake decorators to sell non-hazardous foods made in residential kitchen, including:

Iowa
http://www.extension.iastate.e.....PM1294.pdf
Massachusetts
http://www.mass.gov/agr/market.....itchen.htm
North Carolina
http://www.agr.state.nc.us/fooddrug/homebiz.htm
Ohio
http://www.ohioagriculture.gov.....ensing.stm
Oregon
http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/FSD/docs/pdf/pub_dk.pdf
Pennsylvania
Department of Agriculture (717) 787-4737
Tennessee
http://www.state.tn.us/agricul.....rmit4.html
Utah (as of 200icon_cool.gif
http://ag.utah.gov/regsvcs/Cot.....Letter.pdf
Virginia
Department of Agriculture (804) 786-3520

A quick search for cake on Craigslist already shows many people advertising cake businesses run from their homes. With the economy faltering and people looking for ways to earn extra income, more will naturally turn to selling home-baked goods, unaware of the legal ramifications. Because this activity is illegal in Texas, these people cannot obtain business liability insurance to protect themselves financially. Should they be sued, they could potentially lose everything, including their homes. It would serve the public interest to regulate this already-existing industry, and de-criminalize the act of selling low risk food prepared in a residential kitchen.

In Maryland, Delegate Mary Ann Love is currently bringing a bill to committee to create a cottage foods act. Would you consider doing the same? I would be glad to meet with you to discuss this further. I also have colleagues and contacts throughout the state of Texas who fervently hope the law will be changed, and they would also be glad to join our meeting.

America and indeed Texas were founded on the ideals of freedom and entrepreneurialism. Our founding fathers surely never envisioned a country where it would be illegal for a woman to sell a cake made in her own kitchen. I humbly ask for your help in this matter.

Thank you sincerely,

name
address
website
email
phone

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:13pm
post #1822 of 2203

I want to see it this works~~~~http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/moods/hypnotised.gif" border="0" alt="Hypnotized" title="Hypnotized"

Deb_ Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:14pm
post #1823 of 2203

I thought I'd take a QUICK glance at some other topics here (I know, what's the point?) cuz I feel like I've been neglecting the other threads. Anywho........there's one here titled "Dipping Cake Balls" and my dirty mind immediately thought of Chocolate man! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif Now those are some that I'd like to dip into chocolate.............................

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:15pm
post #1824 of 2203

Dang it, it didn't work.....I'll try again.

sahrow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sahrow Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:17pm
post #1825 of 2203

Wow! Some of you are amazing!

I started yesterday morning and managed to get to page... um... 52 this morning. Then I gave up and skipped to page 119. *lol* I bookmarked and may manage to get caught up... someday.

So I skipped... which means I missed the health dept post. *sigh*

I had to skip... otherwise I'd be a newbie FOREVER!!! I think I might be anyeway since I'm so slow reading that I'm starting in late. icon_cry.gif How many posts do I need to not be newbie???

...oh... I've been a member for a couple of years and made my first forum post a week or so ago.

... and NO, I'm not any of the people who were/ are involved in this fiasco/ hoax/ tragedy. *lol* I *do* have pics uploaded... that makes me *real* right?!?!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:17pm
post #1826 of 2203

122 pages!?! I had to call it quits after pg 65 on Sunday. I stayed up way too late trying to catch up and then had to clean my house yesterday since I wasted the entire weekend reading this thread! And I was too overwhelmed when I checked yesterday when it was well over 100 pages.

so wait can someone give us a synopsis... did the HD contact Spencersmom for real or was that a prank by ktbug? Assume nothing terrible happened like 20 years to life or something since I read that you're looking for a kitchen now, right? I'm in a state that doesn't allow in home baking too, I wanted to try and figure out how to change that law but I didn't know where to start so i gave up. I'd like to figure it out though. I was very inspired by the texas thread

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:18pm
post #1827 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

What am I risking by jumping in and posting??! I'm waiting for a cake to bake - hope it doesn't burn!

I just had to say that I have been lurking and - OMG - I am peeing my pants!! I really needed a good laugh. THANK YOU!

Congrats to spencers for the slap on the hand.

And sorry, but chocolate man isn't my type. Dwayne Johnson is a GOD! Here he is in my bathroom... icon_razz.gif

Yeah, good hygiene is so important! Somebody get that man a teacup. He looks so warm in that big ol towel!!

sahrow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sahrow Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:19pm
post #1828 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

122 pages!?! I had to call it quits after pg 65 on Sunday. I stayed up way too late trying to catch up and then had to clean my house yesterday since I wasted the entire weekend reading this thread! And I was too overwhelmed when I checked yesterday when it was well over 100 pages.

so wait can someone give us a synopsis... did the HD contact Spencersmom for real or was that a prank by ktbug? Assume nothing terrible happened like 20 years to life or something since I read that you're looking for a kitchen now, right? I'm in a state that doesn't allow in home baking too, I wanted to try and figure out how to change that law but I didn't know where to start so i gave up. I'd like to figure it out though. I was very inspired by the texas thread

yea... what she said...lol.. I need an update, too. I didn't get as far in as she!

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:19pm
post #1829 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

I want to introduce to you my sous chef... I have a strict dress code in my kitchen, everything must be washable...He is very agreeable about that.

Here he is making Peach Cobbler Batter for me. (He is sitting on a towel, just so you know.) icon_biggrin.gif
Whip it baby, whip it good! You can clean up later, and I'll help icon_lol.gif

Ok, I just blew milk though my nose....very COLD milk!!!

Now that I've cleaned it up...
I THINK I'M IN LOVVVVVEEEEEE!!!!!

Deb_ Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:20pm
post #1830 of 2203

spencersmom, that's exactly what I was thinking. You should change it around to fit your state and send it in. Maybe call first to get a contact name you can mail it to directly. It really is a stupid law and I'm sure most legislators don't even know it exists until someone writes them a letter like that one.

You gals in the other states should do the same thing, it can't hurt right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%