Officially Embarassed

Lounge By ktbug103 Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm by Heath

bejewelled Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bejewelled Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:08pm
post #31 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1m

I'm wondering if the post is "genuine"? Both the original poster and "cakelurker" have no profiles, pics, etc. and both are newbies.

Neither has posted a reply.

Just a question.

I too was wondering how this ended up on CC, with both being newbies, with only these posts under their belts.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:11pm
post #32 of 2203

I have to say, when I read the OP, I thought, $50? I don't know about y'all, but I'd be wanting my $50 back at the first whiff of animal ikky-aroma. $10 I might say, "oh, well"...but $50? ...Nuh-uh!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:13pm
post #33 of 2203

You all make this whole thing very interesting, pass the pretzels please!!!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:14pm
post #34 of 2203

Y'know not that I want to cause distress to the board god knows it needs no extra problems. But it seems some people register with alter egos for such a time as this. They might be regular posters. The OP knows a thing or two about cakes.

They might be pulling our collective leg (that's a weird phrase) but they might be for real gonna duke it out.

If this is for real and that little lady gets shut down on a bogus mess that's a crime.

Why did the op drive so far, twice? Where was lurker lurking that day?

I'm not drawing conclusions--I am speculating though because we need some more information, please.

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm
post #35 of 2203

laurenshelton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurenshelton Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm
post #36 of 2203

Do posters get banned if they post BS or are they probably messaging privately?? Just wondering.

-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:15pm
post #37 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

You all make this whole thing very interesting, pass the pretzels please!!!!

Dkelly's got the bowl of 'em.

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:16pm
post #38 of 2203

Now .. isnt this where the tune to "jepordy" starts playing ???

What is: ? BS ALEX ? icon_lol.gif

Sorry, just had to add my cents too!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:17pm
post #39 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug103

I was was only out $50 and still had time to order a new cake and cupcakes for my daughter. As much as I hate grocery store cakes... I will be pretty happy to get one tomorrow lol

I do have a question though. You say the party was being held 40 miles away so that's why you got a cake there 40 miles away. Then you drive all the way back home so you can drive another 80 mile round trip the next day for the party. That part I'm not getting the logic.

But what I'm doing is checking my understanding of what happened. I'm asking how that came about like that?

You wanted to order the cake close to where the party was being held but drove double duty and had time to not only pick up a different cake but you say you ordered it.

So I'm just wondering why you did all the extra driving.

Great point Columbo, I mean K8 icon_lol.gif , I hadn't read her post carefully enough the first time. Hmm, there's definitely something fishy going on around here.

Thanks for the pretzels, they're fab thumbs_up.gif

edit to add.....it's a big bowl you gals are all welcome to have some!! Pretzels that is, although this one may call for a bottle of Vino!

shiney Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:20pm
post #40 of 2203

On the 40 miles both ways, I bought that part. I live in a very small town (although we do have a couple of fabulous cakorators in town), but we only got a proper wal-mart about a year ago, and the closest bigger town is 40 miles away, with the closest city two hours away. Hang on, just dawned on me, could I be living amongst OP and cakelurker? I'm gonna go check out the window for survielance activity! You can rest assured, it's not me, I'm a cookie-ator!

-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:23pm
post #41 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Great point Columbo, I mean K8 icon_lol.gif , I hadn't read her post carefully enough the first time. Hmm, there's definitely something fishy going on around here.

Thanks for the pretzels, they're fab thumbs_up.gif

I got the coat I got the coat. I have a permanently wrinkly torn raincoat that I can't part with officially named my "Columbo coat". icon_biggrin.gif

Hey, quit hoggin the pretzels, pass 'em to Debster upthread^^^.

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:25pm
post #42 of 2203

Alright, I can't take it anymore...Here's my theory:

-OP & CL are regular members, but have used these other names to protect their identity. OP & CL were friends and had a bad falling out. OP made up a bogus story about CL, turned CL into the authorities, and now here we all are eating popcorn and pretzels. icon_rolleyes.gif

FeGe_Cakes Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:26pm
post #43 of 2203

Ok..I'm a little lost here. How did cakelurker know that the OP story was about her/his friend? Because even if the OP reported the baker to the Health Department, wouldn't you do so anonymously. So the baker wouldn't know necessarily who it was unless the OP was obviously disgusted.

And if the OP threw the cake away later...(if not in front of the bakers house), how would cakelurker know who the OP was writing about.

Interesting...very interesting

icon_confused.gif

kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:27pm
post #44 of 2203

Ladies! I think we have been had on this one. Well played and most entertaining! Is this what they call being 'punked'?

Deb_ Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:29pm
post #45 of 2203

Anyone got a cigar K8 can borrow? icon_lol.gif

OK, OK, it's a big bowl everyone help themselves!

P.S. Do you need to give an e-mail address when you register? I can't remember. I guess it's entirely possible they have more than 1 e-mail if it is an alter ego situation.

Now where did I put that corkscrew? sigh............

FeGe_Cakes Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:29pm
post #46 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerbear

Alright, I can't take it anymore...Here's my theory:

-OP & CL are regular members, but have used these other names to protect their identity. OP & CL were friends and had a bad falling out. OP made up a bogus story about CL, turned CL into the authorities, and now here we all are eating popcorn and pretzels. icon_rolleyes.gif

tapedshut.gif good observation. I think you are on to something. We all have an alias.

Deb_ Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:32pm
post #47 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeGe_Cakes

Ok..I'm a little lost here. How did cakelurker know that the OP story was about her/his friend? Because even if the OP reported the baker to the Health Department, wouldn't you do so anonymously. So the baker wouldn't know necessarily who it was unless the OP was obviously disgusted.

And if the OP threw the cake away later...(if not in front of the bakers house), how would cakelurker know who the OP was writing about.

icon_confused.gif

OP mentioned there were a dozen cupcakes shaped like teacups, so that could have been the clue we're looking for here.

FeGe_Cakes Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:34pm
post #48 of 2203
Quote:

Quote:

icon_confused.gif

OP mentioned there were a dozen cupcakes shaped like teacups, so that could have been the clue we're looking for here.

TRUE...TRUE. How many cake decorators make teacup cupcakes in a small town with a Walmart, that was reported by the Health department.

Just re-read cakelurker's post. They know whole lot of details about that day...could cakelurker be the baker of the teacup cupcakes. How did cakelurker know THAT day there was no grease.

Again..very interesting.

-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:40pm
post #49 of 2203
Quote:

Quote:

icon_confused.gif

Dude, Cakelurker is a freaking for real fly on the wall. Bet he/she knows what brand of cigarette it was too. Knows they opened the box knows there was a big ash (pronounce that carefully, people) on the Mom's cigarette. etc. The frige is not in the kitchen according to Lurker and it's a filthy reaking mess in the kitchen reported by the OP.

I mean I know which cakes my friends are churning out for people.

What an incredible coinkydink. Unless we're being punked. But there was some tooth in Lurker's post. If we're being punked they are pretty good at this.

shiney Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:40pm
post #50 of 2203

Ahhh, you guys are so clever! Y'all are picking up so many clues I've missed! And i thought I was the only one with nothing better to do on a Sat afternoon than read a juicy mystery....I'm staying tuned!

Deb_ Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:40pm
post #51 of 2203

Tell me what you all think of this theory...........

The OP and Cakelurker are the same person! She is actually the baker, unlicensed, and just got turned in by a customer who made these claims against her.

That sounded better in my head.......OK, next theory! icon_redface.gif Anyone?

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:43pm
post #52 of 2203

This is pretty intense. I just hope that it doesn't get much nastier. It is kinda sad that these bad things happen to all concerned. Just wanted to add my two cents. I am not taking sides. just don't want this to get too out of hand. Tread lightly!!!!

kalida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalida Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:44pm
post #53 of 2203

OUCH!! HOT TOPIC!!!!!!! icon_twisted.gif

rebew10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebew10 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:47pm
post #54 of 2203

This is hilarious!!! I think all the misc. replies are better than the two posts!

doughdough Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doughdough Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:48pm
post #55 of 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommicakes

This is pretty intense. I just hope that it doesn't get much nastier. It is kinda sad that these bad things happen to all concerned. Just wanted to add my two cents. I am not taking sides. just don't want this to get too out of hand. Tread lightly!!!!

I think unless OP or CL make another appearance (and from the looks of things isn't too likely), this thread will be nothing more than a game of CCC (Cake Central Clue)!! icon_lol.gif

MadeYaLook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadeYaLook Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:48pm
post #56 of 2203

Who cares anymore???

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm
post #57 of 2203

I do like a good game of CCC. just don't want it to truly hurt any feelings on here.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:51pm
post #58 of 2203

I know! I know! It was Coronel Mustard in the Ballroom.....with the um... Candlestick!!!! Im right! Im right! Right? Please pass the pretzels!

shiney Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:51pm
post #59 of 2203

Well, if it is a wind-up, it's a good one. First, the title, attention-grabber, to say the least! Second, we're up to four pages on this thread, and only two posts from people allegedly involved.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:51pm
post #60 of 2203

And these are the days of our lifes....
Edna icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%