Post Your Worst Cake!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 23 Aug 2018 , 10:59pm by kakeladi

nolee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nolee Posted 21 May 2007 , 11:22pm
post #1051 of 1303

Horrible attempt at a vintage nintendo controller. This was done really quickly with SLOPPY buttercream! For my brother's birthday.
LL

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 22 May 2007 , 11:52am
post #1052 of 1303

LOL.. This is the thread that got me hooked on CC. Love it!! Glad it resurfaced.

Glorioustwelfth, I didn't see the pumpkin cake in your gallery. It sounds very intriguing (sp?) lol.

RitzyFritz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RitzyFritz Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 4:48pm
post #1053 of 1303

Well, here is mine. Finished at 1:00 this a.m. I knew exactly where it belonged when I got on CC - the "worst cake" thread! None of my cakes are exactly "Good" but this one....ahem...takes the cake. LOL!!
LL

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 8:48pm
post #1054 of 1303

Here is a cake I did for my BIL's sixteenth birthday. For some reason I thought it would be cute to do his school colors....green and yellow....ewww. The raggedy icing is just embarrassing.
LL

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 5:01am
post #1055 of 1303

OK those colors are scary, but your lettering is fantastic!

momof5kiki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof5kiki Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:13pm
post #1056 of 1303

Mine is the soccer ball cake in my gallery. I don't know why, but the stupid icig for the BC I just could not thicken up, it was so humid that day, and no matter what I did it was a disaster! I ende dup slapping n all the icing when I finally got it a good consistancy that it would at least stiffen and was not to thick, and ran out the door praying that it didn't fall off (the ball) on the way to the party.

nmartin7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmartin7 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 2:42pm
post #1057 of 1303

These are just so funny and truly all of us have had our disasters. Excellent thread.

Tweetycup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweetycup Posted 11 Jul 2007 , 9:38pm
post #1058 of 1303

LOL!! I have you all beat! This is probably the worst thing you'll ever see. Don't laugh too hard...
LL

delaware Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delaware Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 2:33pm
post #1059 of 1303

I call this one the ghost of bride's past. This cake is from 3 years ago. It was my very first attempt at covering a cake with fondant. icon_redface.gif I used the Wilton recipe and tried to cover all three tiers at once. Big BOO BOO! Luckily, the cake was one of three mini cakes for my sister's bridal shower. The other two turned out fine! It was good for a laugh and a learning experience for sure!!
LL

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 8:56pm
post #1060 of 1303

No seriously, you could just pop some scary eyes on it and call it a halloween cake -people would be banging on your door to find out what "secret technique" you used to get the fondant like that. Teehee!! icon_wink.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 9:27pm
post #1061 of 1303

Delaware - I couldn't resist.....

Boo icon_eek.gif
LL

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 9:43pm
post #1062 of 1303

LOL!!!!!! OMG I love this thread!!!!!!

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 9:58pm
post #1063 of 1303

OMG!! This is such a crack up...Now I will have to dig out some oldies but goodies. It takes alot of guts. Keep them coming.

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 10:00pm
post #1064 of 1303

[quote="Biebelenyip"]Allright. Now you 'll got me laughing - now there's my blushing time. There's my first real decorating cake. It's supposed to look like a castle - but DH likes to refer to as a ancient ruin.
:[/quote

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif you could have called it an elephant stuck in the mud upside down.!!

maria892 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 10:06pm
post #1065 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

khalstead: He saw it (you could see him do a double take icon_eek.gif ) & said "Oh, thats cute" & then he just looked at me & saw I was laughing and said "Honey that is seriously disturbing".. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
icon_surprised.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

maria892 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 10:13pm
post #1066 of 1303

OMG it's 8.15am Friday morning, i am only up to page 7 and I have to get to page 71 - I am crying, I am laughing - i can't even see anymore, this is hilarious.

maria892 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 10:16pm
post #1067 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ge978

I dug up some more:

Now, all we need is a freakishly large baby & these booties would have made sense icon_confused.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

HoosierMomOf5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HoosierMomOf5 Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 10:33pm
post #1068 of 1303

I'm ashamed of these but if everyone else can do it, I guess I can too.

blue circles: my first experience with fondant (mmf)...OBVIOUSLY
flowered: couldn't eat any of this one because dh said the top border looked like a ring of breasts. icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif
striped: there isn't an explanation for that...maybe if I was a drinker but...? LOL
LL
LL
LL

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 10:40pm
post #1069 of 1303

Okay so I cheated....I started with page 1 then jumped to 71-72. I have cracked my side. I WISH I could find my very 1st cake that I did before I even thought about doing cakes. You all would die laughing....so when I see these others....still nothing compares to mines. It's the worst thing coming. It was done for my brother's birthday just about 3 yrs ago. I will call and see if he has the pic. Until then, I have some horrible ones but my 1st one really takes the cake. It is hideous...HIDEOUS. Oh and it's a bikini cake...no fondant. Just imagine. Betty Crocker icing that doesn't use the Melvira method. icon_lol.gif

mekaclayton Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:06pm
post #1070 of 1303

Here's ugly lol: icon_lol.gif
LL
LL
LL

delaware Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:06pm
post #1071 of 1303

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks much better now thumbs_up.gif ...thanks for fixing it up for me tiptop57!

mekaclayton Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 11:12pm
post #1072 of 1303

Delaware, I have to tell ya, I cried....laughing. It reminded me so much of the cake I did for my brother....so it wasn't at you, it was with you. But I think my cake was worse than you can imagine. Your work is great BTW. Please don't be mad at me...please.
I love this! To be able to laugh at yourself...great therapy. thumbs_up.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 2:57pm
post #1073 of 1303

icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif Delaware icon_lol.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif that was....well..... weird icon_confused.gif .....I defently had a good laugh.

Thank you for sharing the " icon_eek.gif boo icon_eek.gif " cake icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

You deserve the award thumbs_up.gif For sure icon_wink.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 4:16pm
post #1074 of 1303

okay this is pretty bad. Really bad. very bad. I made it for my son's 3rd birthday last year before I started taking any classes. I am a lot better now, so promise me after you see this pic you'll look in my gallery at my better photos! LOL!

I couldnt get those stupid sugar sprinkles to stay on the cake and I couldnt get the white road line to stick to the "dirt"
LL

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 4:20pm
post #1075 of 1303

delaware: I think I peed a little in my pants laughing at your boo boo cake! Sorry, that was really bad! I am glad to see that you have made much improvement!

delaware Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 4:30pm
post #1076 of 1303

I am glad my horrible cake has brought so much joy to many! Don't worry about hurting my feelings...I KNOW this cake is UGLY!!! It gives me a good laugh too!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 5:12pm
post #1077 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

delaware: I think I peed a little in my pants laughing at your boo boo cake! !

icon_surprised.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That really made me laugh harder than I already am icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

deleware I love your cakes. You have come a long way thumbs_up.gif You should be super proud of yourself icon_wink.gif

Nickii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nickii Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 3:25am
post #1078 of 1303

I am enjoying this thread. Laughing loud and hard...DH wondering what can be soooooo funny on a cake website.....needless to say...we both need a kleenex....depends..and plastic on the couch!!!

By the way...he also wonderes with all the other men...why are there only 5 booties.

Nickii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nickii Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 2:37pm
post #1079 of 1303

lol

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:10pm
post #1080 of 1303

Is this post still going??? Hadn't realized it some of the new additions busted my gut again...too funny! I guess as long as we make cakes there's still be bloopers icon_lol.gif So to add to my infamous Chewbacca cake here's another...
I think this cake lady needs to go back to school for SPELLING icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif Didn't notice till I downloaded pictures days after the cake was devoured!!!!!!!!!HOW EMBARRASSING icon_redface.gif!!!!!!!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%