Post Your Worst Cake!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 23 Aug 2018 , 10:59pm by kakeladi

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:17pm
post #1081 of 1303

Okay here's another...I couldn't bring myself to post this because I thought it was HIDEOUS icon_cry.gif . The mom said ivory and when I got there everything was WHITE!!! Hello!! Then she plunked this ugly topper on top which didn't match AT ALL. The cake was lopsided...we put a folded piece of cardboard under one side to make it look straight icon_eek.gif . I can't believe I made her pay for this!!!!! But she said it was beautiful and that it was delicious... I really hate making these big cakes icon_confused.gif
LL

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:40pm
post #1082 of 1303

OMG I can't believe this thread is still going! Boy, has it brought me tons of laughs and finally it is my time to share. This was like my fourth cake, and I don't know what I was thinking! The little boy wanted some kind of a Rock wrestler cake....yes, that is suppose to be the rock standing there in MMF, UGH! Then I had this bright idea to make some cookies for "fans" sitting in the stands, and when I had an extra, I ended up plopping him in the ring...not sure if the Rock was suppose to have torn his legs off or what, lol! Really, really horrible!
LL

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:43pm
post #1083 of 1303

DiscoLady, that cake is beautiful but the cardboard part is so funny. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:46pm
post #1084 of 1303

Okay, I couldn't resist....I was well "seasoned" by the time I did this cake, so I don't even have that excuse to use, but the shape of this cake is completely off, and it didn't look at all like a John Deere tractor! Oh well, not as bad as the first, but still an embarrassing cake to say the least!
LL

MamaBerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaBerry Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:52pm
post #1085 of 1303

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_683223.html

All I keep asking myself is, "What was I thinking?"

If the pic doesn't show it's my Peacock cake which can be seen in my photos. Ugh! I have to wash my eyes everytime I see that darn thing! icon_cry.gificon_razz.gif

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 5:00pm
post #1086 of 1303

LMAOOOOO @ washing your eyes!!!!....I think I posted one of my Uggo's before...but am currently searching my photo archives....I know I have a few that are not for the faint of heart...I will post a disclaimer when I add them...be forewarned...these are hurtful to gaze upon!

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 5:01pm
post #1087 of 1303

First cake the hubby and I made for my sis-in-law. It was totally unplanned, thank goodness. We had been out all day and at midnight decided to bake her a cake. For whatever reason we wanted to do three-dimensional star cake, it fell.

I guess that is what happens when two idiots decide to bake a cake after drinking beer all day icon_surprised.gif

Thanks to whoever bumped the post..great fun here!
LL

cooper16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cooper16 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 5:01pm
post #1088 of 1303

This was my first attempt at fondant. I thought it looked ok, but it tasted TERRIBLE. The cake was so dry that I never ate it and it began to mold (never using that recipe again!).

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=101263

-Cooper

MamaBerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaBerry Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 5:02pm
post #1089 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDay

LMAOOOOO @ washing your eyes!!!!....I think I posted one of my Uggo's before...but am currently searching my photo archives....I know I have a few that are not for the faint of heart...I will post a disclaimer when I add them...be forewarned...these are hurtful to gaze upon!

I'll get the Special Eye Wash or S.E.W. as it will now be known.

KayDay Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 5:05pm
post #1090 of 1303

LMAOOO Christi...I think you might win this one...but did you have to put a stake thru its heart and kill it????????

KayDay Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 5:44pm
post #1091 of 1303

What I envisioned? The bustling city street of Detroit we lived on (when it was safe) with its tree lined street and autumn leaves on the ground...and our lovely 2-story house and my Father helping me to learn to ride my bike...A precious memory to me ..he has been deceased for the past 5 years.

What I got?WTF??? Huge fleur de lis??? Greenish black grass?And apparently a slouching pedophile...trying to abduct a frightened girl from her bike in the ghetto.
LL

dazey1050 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dazey1050 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 6:05pm
post #1092 of 1303

Ribbitfroggie, my tractor cake is waaaay worse than yours:

Not only was the shape completely off, it was extremely lopsided too:

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 7:17pm
post #1093 of 1303

oh man well i am still brand new at cake decorating so everything i make comes out a little funky but i have a special addition for this thread for sure...

have you guys ever seen the movie santa claus conquers the martians? well this is what happens when the martians conquer santa!!! icon_eek.gif

lchristi27 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 8:21pm
post #1094 of 1303
Quote:

LMAOOO Christi...I think you might win this one...but did you have to put a stake thru its heart and kill it????????

That was the hubby's idea when we both finally gave in and admitted defeat icon_cry.gif !

I could actually win a cake contest???? Maybe we could start a new competition! icon_lol.gif

Jaremcal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaremcal Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:19am
post #1095 of 1303
Quote:

What I envisioned? The bustling city street of Detroit we lived on (when it was safe) with its tree lined street and autumn leaves on the ground...and our lovely 2-story house and my Father helping me to learn to ride my bike...A precious memory to me ..he has been deceased for the past 5 years.

What I got?WTF??? Huge fleur de lis??? Greenish black grass?And apparently a slouching pedophile...trying to abduct a frightened girl from her bike in the ghetto.

I have tears rolling down my face from that description. You are hysterical!!

Brickflor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brickflor Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:41am
post #1096 of 1303

Oh man, I love this site! I wish I had a picture of the very first cake I ever tried to decorate, it was for my first daughter's first birthday party. To say things did not go well would be an understatement. Let's just say that I started it off by accidentally getting a fork stuck in the mixer, thereby bending the fork and one of the mixer thingies.
Anyway, here's a few of my earlier cakes, my medium was always cake sparkles, spray canned frosting, and tubed icing from the grocery store shelves. I also never leveled my cakes so they look pretty rough....

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=772053
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=772043
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=772033

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 3:32am
post #1097 of 1303
Quote:
Quote:

KayDay wrote:

LOL! KayDay I can't stop laughing at your description! LMAO @ the frightened girl on the bike.. haha thanks for the best laugh of the day! icon_smile.gif

KayDay Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 3:39am
post #1098 of 1303

Thanks Kara and anyone else who got a smille from that...at the time I was so beat and tired I posted the cake for the contest anyway...and did a little write up on what it had been supposed to symbolize for me. ...people were kind...I wasnt crucified for it...lol.

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:20am
post #1099 of 1303

Pottedmeatchunks....I give you the Velvet heart award....that takes alot of heart to post. I'm still trying to get my 1st pic from my brother. Delaware, I'm so glad you have a heart...you do deserve an award. You guys are tooo funny! Love it here!!!

mekaclayton Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:23am
post #1100 of 1303

Ummmm Christi. Speechless. I can't say enough. LOL LOL LOL Drinkin' and cakes don't mix. LOL LOL LOL At least you had help!

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 6:54am
post #1101 of 1303

I didn't take a picture of my first ugly cake or the second one. I think this was about the 4th one. It was for my granddaughters class christmas party. The cake itself wasn't to bad but the lettering was terrible and I haven't a clue as to why I stuck those extra candy canes on top. Maybe I thought they wouldn't notice the writing and only look at the candy canes. I threatened my granddaughter with bodily harm if she told them I made the cake so she said her mom made it. LOL

oops gotta shrink it, I'll be back. Ok think it worked.
LL

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 10:35am
post #1102 of 1303

Worst cake pictures? Golly, where do I start? Time to get out the scanner.

I think every cake I did my first year of teaching myself how to decorate is probably the worst cake.. haha

I will scan/upload some pictures later today..

lchristi27 Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 2:33pm
post #1103 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaclayton

Ummmm Christi. Speechless. I can't say enough. LOL LOL LOL Drinkin' and cakes don't mix. LOL LOL LOL At least you had help!

So true! We did have a lot of fun, and the D driver told us he thought about commenting on how this would be a bad idea (how dare a 3-tierd cake at midnight?), but wanted he wanted the entertainment icon_lol.gif !

mekaclayton Posted 15 Jul 2007 , 5:23pm
post #1104 of 1303

Christi, I told my hubby about your cake and we laughed once again. I'm still laughing. But I KNOW it had to be sooooo much fun. I'm so glad you took a pic and sent it over. I love doing cakes and my hubby so to share those 2....I wish. HA HA HA HA I just felt a moment....ahhhhhh.

lynseyg2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynseyg2002 Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 6:18pm
post #1105 of 1303

my worst cake (even though I never told my son this,bless him!) is the cyberman cake, I know alot of my cakes need practice but this one took the biscuit, I was in a rush and ran out of sugarpaste. My son liked is so I suppose thats the main thing.

mhooper12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhooper12000 Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 6:31pm
post #1106 of 1303

The picture that I took of my worst cake was too large to download on cc. I didn't realize it until the cake was long gone. I don't know if there is any way to resize it on my computer or not. I'm pretty new to cake decorating, so I have more flops than beauties. Oh well, I feel as though I am getting better. Everyone's worst cake so far, aren't bad. I've done some really ugly cakes, lol. At least I have fun with it. icon_biggrin.gif

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 6:35pm
post #1107 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhooper12000

The picture that I took of my worst cake was too large to download on cc. I didn't realize it until the cake was long gone. I don't know if there is any way to resize it on my computer or not. I'm pretty new to cake decorating, so I have more flops than beauties. Oh well, I feel as though I am getting better. Everyone's worst cake so far, aren't bad. I've done some really ugly cakes, lol. At least I have fun with it. icon_biggrin.gif

use this site to shrink your pictures, it's free and fast. I shrunk mine down to 600 pixels and it came out all right. Well still weird but alright

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 6:43pm
post #1108 of 1303

pottedmeatchunks wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

have you guys ever seen the movie santa claus conquers the martians? well this is what happens when the martians conquer santa!!!

hahahaha.. Ok.. this cracked me Up icon_lol.gif

mbdecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbdecorator Posted 16 Jul 2007 , 7:08pm
post #1109 of 1303

Here is one of my worst. I don't usually take pics of the really bad ones.
Hated this so bad!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_790263.html

D77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D77 Posted 17 Jul 2007 , 6:12pm
post #1110 of 1303

I have to say this thread makes those of us that don't feel that we are that good better and it gives us hope.... icon_biggrin.gif

Here is one of my bad cakes. I'll post another later

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_308803.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%