So Where Did The Island Go?! Lost Is Back!!!!!!

Lounge By lanibird Updated 28 May 2010 , 1:23pm by janebrophy

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 6:50pm
post #541 of 599

Ugh, that had to be awful! We've practically lived in our swimming pool the past few days, it's been near 100 degrees here. And in Michigan, that's torture icon_biggrin.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 9:25pm
post #543 of 599

Those cupcakes look amazing!!
Hi all, just thought I'd pop in and say Hey!!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 2:59am
post #544 of 599

Heeeeeey yoooooou guuuuuuuysssssssssss!!!

Can you believe it?! Lost is almost back! ONE MORE WEEK!!

I wanted to pop in and give this dusty, old thread a hearty BUMP to see if you girls were still around.

ONE WEEK!!!

And it's the last season. icon_cry.gif I am dying with anticipation but at the same time dreading each show, knowing the end is near.

Who's ready? party.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:05am
post #545 of 599

me!

watching the annotated finale from last season right now.

Ironbaker Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:11am
post #546 of 599

Hey Doug! Forgive me "girls" comment.. icon_lol.gif I forgot we had some testosterone in the thread too.

I need to rewatch before next week too. It's been awhile.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 3:27pm
post #547 of 599

So. Excited.

icon_biggrin.gif

janebrophy Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:36pm
post #548 of 599

Can't wait!!! icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 6:43pm
post #549 of 599

on pins and needles to watch this one!

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 7:09pm
post #550 of 599

im ready too!! countdown: 5 more days

bigsisof3kids Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 8:14pm
post #551 of 599

Hi everyone!!!

I haven't been on CC much lately, but had to see if this thread was around for the new season. ONE MORE DAY!

SO.

Freaking.

EXCITED.

Ironbaker Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:15am
post #552 of 599

There's everyone!

Less than 24 hours!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Doug Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 4:05am
post #553 of 599

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

My brain HURTS!

HELP!

2 parallel time lines??!?!?!?

or will they flash again?

or..?

and Smokey is Locke -- and just what does he mean by wanting to "go home"???

====

oh my oh my this is going to be one wild ride!

Ironbaker Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 6:24am
post #554 of 599

How I missed this show and the millions of nonstop questions!

I like when are guesses are right! Smokey is FakeLocke who is that guy from the beginning of the last season finale. The one looking for the loophole who was talking to Jacob. He took over one of Locke's bodies. Looks like he has been using bodies to get what and where he wanted.

I'm hurt because I think Sayid really is dead. icon_sad.gif I'm thinking it's Jacob who took over his body. Will a war ensue? Is this the war Widmore talked about?

So the universe where the plane didn't crash...the island was under water, why? Atlantis-like.

Smokey/Mystery Man wants to go home - I'm guessing that's the Temple. They've kept him from there for some reason. Seems like he's been fighting Jacob for power forever and he finally has a chance to take it back over? Who are these "people"?

Poor Juliette.

Kate's still alive. Bleh.

Where did Desmond go after he talked to Jack? Time-jumped?

Good to see Charlie and Claire - where IS she?

Lose, I love you.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:41pm
post #555 of 599

icon_cry.gif I fell asleep the last hour! icon_cry.gif So now I have to catch up! (I'd gone 24 hours with just one hour's sleep). So I'm glued to this thread to keep informed! thumbs_up.gif

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:55pm
post #556 of 599

Hi all,

Thought that was a great first episode.

My thoughts:

I think that they are running two timelines 1) what would have happend if the plane landed and not crashed 2) what ACTUALLY took to get them back (war with the bad lock)

Some observations:
Jacks last name is Sheppard; so I think that he his going to represent the good now that Jacob is dead. He will gather the "flock" in the temple to fight the Evil Locke (EL).
When Julliet hit Jughead (H-bomb) there was a flash not an explosion which means that the moved thru time.
The opening credits shows that the island is underwater. So at somepoint they are going to have to find a way to get that done, which I think will be the end result of the final turn of the wheel.
On the plane, I think Rose speaks the last words of the series as I believe those scenes are actually the ending episodes. She says to Jack that "You can let go now" Jack replies "We made it" and Rose answers "Yes we did."
I think all passengers will have a sense of dejavu.
The airmarshel had the same mark on his head from Kate hitting him, as he did when the plane crashed and the luggage hit him.
Demond was just there as an observer for Eloise Hawkings just to make sure that everything is as its supposed to be.
Jack will operate on Locke which will bring Locke back to life on the island. Hence a Locke vs. Evil Locke face off.
Julliet asks Sawyer if he wants to go or coffe, they could go dutch. They will meet up at somepoint and hshe will say that to him and he will have his sense of dejavu. Julliet knows that it worked cause she told Miles that. The same thing happened to Charollet saying to Faraday that she wasn't allowed to have chocolate before dinner, this then triggered a memory that she had met Faraday when she was a child.

Can't wait to hear what you guys think about the episode.
Gotta get back to the cakes & cuppies that have now become my life.

janebrophy Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 7:13pm
post #557 of 599

Hi Everyone!
Great first episode! Cakes22, you seem to have this all figured out! LOL! What an ending that would be...i know it's cheesy, but i really hope there is some sort of happy ending!
I really missed this show! icon_smile.gif

bigsisof3kids Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 9:57pm
post #558 of 599

Awesome awesome awesome!

Ironbaker pretty much said everything I wanted to say, lol...

What if the water was dark because after Jacob died, his soul or whatever went (back into?) that pool or something? So when Sayid was 'drowned' in there, Jacob inhabited Sayid's body. I kinda hope not though, because I don't want to lose Sayid's character, or the guy who plays Jacob icon_biggrin.gif

Or maybe the pool is like the fountain of youth? Maybe the same sort of thing happened to Richard, that's why he never ages?

Speaking of Richard, what did Evil Locke mean when he said it was good to see him free of his chains? (Something like that anyway) Did he mean it literally (maybe Richard was one of those chained slaves on the Black Rock) or figuratively (like maybe since Jacob is dead, Richard loses his eternal youth, and Evil Locke knows it)?

Juliet is really dead *whimper*

Who are the guys in the temple? They don't look like the Others we've seen before, especially not the main Asian-looking man. Perhaps pirates or sailors of the Black Rock? But this is 2007/8, so they would have to have time traveled or have youth like Richard, I guess.

I love the parallel timelines! I was so confused at first. I read that they are officially calling it 'flash sideways,' as opposed to flash backs or forwards. What the heck was Desmond doing on the plane??

I loved catching the subtle differences between the Pilot episode and this one. Rose isn't wearing Bernard's ring on a necklace. Cindy the stewardess only hands Jack one bottle of vodka instead of two. Rose is comforting Jack about the turbulence, not the other way around. Is Jack having deja vu? Why is Jack's neck cut? Shannon wasn't on the plane, and we never saw Michael or Walt (although Walt is way older now, so it makes sense). Hurley is the luckiest man alive?! Did Locke really go on the walkabout? I thought maybe he wasn't paralyzed, but we see he is.

THE ISLAND IS FREAKING UNDERWATER!

cakes22, I love your comments about Rose and Jack's conversation... I hope that's not the ending though icon_smile.gif

Indydebi, I haven't checked today, but last season they had the episodes on abc.com, you might be able to watch it there icon_smile.gif

I am SO glad the show is BACK!

Doug Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 10:20pm
post #559 of 599

what is the powder they spread to keep Smokey away? What would happen if they threw or poured on Smokey or Smokey Locke?

so...it appears Smokey can also get off island is some way -- after all how would he know what Real Locke was thinking at moment of death?

Smokey has been manipulating Ben ever since Ben got back to the island. We can now conclude Ben seeing his daughter in the temple was but one of Smokey's ploys

Is the water dark because Jacob died?

Is the phoenix myth at work with Jacob? After he was stabbed he was burned -- but no visible reside of any sort, not even bones. Will he rise again from the ash?

The hut they burned had a broken ash circle -- to protect whom from Smokey? Or was it to trap Smokey in the hut?

What of the missing coffin of jack's dad? could it be on the island?

So, does Smokey read minds and use thoughts to transform into people, ala the way jack's dad kept showing up on the island?

is it possible that the nonisland time line is a totally new time thread that was created by the explosion, but one the actually has it's start point much further back then we know given all the little nuanced differences noted about number of vodka bottles, necklace, etc. That it wasn't merely a reset of from the crash point, but from some time earlier?

----'

Ah well, we get to enjoy it from now until May 23!

Ironbaker Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 12:17am
post #560 of 599

Bigsis, we always thought alike! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsisof3kids

Speaking of Richard, what did Evil Locke mean when he said it was good to see him free of his chains? (Something like that anyway) Did he mean it literally (maybe Richard was one of those chained slaves on the Black Rock) or figuratively (like maybe since Jacob is dead, Richard loses his eternal youth, and Evil Locke knows it)?

I think he meant it literally and that Richard was a slave on the Black Rock. I think they all (Richard, Smokey and Jacob) have been there for a very, very long "time". It would explain why Richard's response was "it's you". The only ones who would know he was in chains would be those who were there at that time when he was. And maybe at one time, they were all at peace with each other and Jacob/Smokey had a falling out of sorts. It seems to be a good vs. evil thing. Everyone loved/followed Jacob...maybe Smokey always resented that and wanted him dead so that he could rule the Temple and the power it seems to hold (healing waters).

I'm thinking that's where they took Little Ben when he was shot back in 77. (Temple)

And going back to those Smokey killed over the past seasons...why? Because they weren't on "the list"? Why were they on the list? Jacob's visits to them as children seem to be when he "marked" them...why?

Ugh, Lost and your many questions...back to my brain pains.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 2:48pm
post #561 of 599

So many questions.

Need a laugh?

janebrophy Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:28pm
post #562 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

So many questions.

Need a laugh?

LMAO!! "lo-ost, your making it up as you go!" Hilarious!

bigsisof3kids Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 11:22pm
post #563 of 599

Lol, lanibird, that song is now stuck in my head! I loved the "how-did-Jin-flash-back-in-time-with-the-island" part icon_biggrin.gif

There's a couple things I want to mention that I read online this week...

- Desmond is wearing a wedding ring on the plane. Married to Penny, or maybe that other girl he left before he joined the monastery?

- The hourglass when they drowned Sayid lasted one minute, eight seconds (10icon_cool.gif

- Jin and Sun were not wearing wedding rings, and when they were being questioned about the money in Jin's bag, the lady called Sun "Miss Peik," not "Mrs. Kwon."

Just thought I'd share that... couple more hours until the new episode! Hoping that the power doesn't go down, we're in the middle of a huge snowstorm, supposed to get worse as the evening goes on. I will be majorly frustrated lol.

Ironbaker Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 12:26am
post #564 of 599

Very interesting!

LOL @ that video. The Jin part is funny/

party.gif Lost Tuesday!

janebrophy Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:38pm
post #565 of 599

OMG! I just woke up this morning and realized I forgot about the show last night icon_sad.gif
I'm going to try to find an episode on line....

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 3:00pm
post #566 of 599

so what do you all think? i also thought that jacob was in sayid's body now,but that guy at the temple is saying it's something dark,and is now trying to poison sayid. jacob is supposed to be "good" right? so its not jacob that's in sayid? so claire is supposed to be "dark" now,why is she helping jin by shooting those two guys,she did look confused though when jin said her name. ahhhhh.... im so confused!!!!

janebrophy Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 11:33pm
post #567 of 599

Weird episode....just when I think I've got it all figured out icon_smile.gif LOL!

bigsisof3kids Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 4:45pm
post #568 of 599

To me, the episode right after the premiere is always a little disappointing. I mean, it was a good one, but this is the last season, I don't want any 'slow' episodes. But hey, have you noticed that so far they've been following this first season's pattern? The pilot was mostly Jack-centric, then next was "Born to Run," which was Kate-centric, so next in line was "Walkabout," about Locke. So I'm REALLY hoping that next week is more about the Evil Locke storyline. I wanna know what happens to Richard!

I totally called who that Other was, Aldo. I recognized him, but couldn't place what from. Then right before he went all "You-don't-remember-who-I-am,- DO-YOU!" I excitedly told my husband who he was. (Yes, I've gotten married since last season! icon_smile.gif ) I was like, "He was the other that Kate whacked with the rifle when they were saving Carl from Room 23!!" It felt like a small victory, lol. To be fair though, I just watched that episode like 2 weeks ago.

I think the infection is the same 'sickness' that we've all heard bout since season one. The same one that infected Rousseau's crew. Only thing I don't get is, what's up with Claire?? If she had the sickness that Sayid is getting, does that mean she was inhabited by Smokey when we saw her at the end of this week's episode? It just doesn't make sense - how could she AND Locke, and possibly Sayid be inhabited at the same time? And back in season four, when we saw Claire and Christian in Jacob's cabin, was Smokey in both of them? Because I think Claire really did die in that explosion in Othersville. Hey, and why did Claire shoot those two Others if she is Smokey? Why didn't we just hear the "ticka-ticka" (I loved that line! icon_biggrin.gif ) and see The Smoke kill them? I know probably not all that made sense, but I'm so confused, lol. So much for the season of answers! icon_biggrin.gif

Was I the only one that cried during the Kate and Sawyer at the dock scene? He was gonna propose to Juliet! He was so broken, it tugged at my heart strings. Poor guy. Kate, go away. You'll never have him.

Speaking of Juliet, I had a thought about last week. Remember when she told Sawyer something about getting coffee and going dutch right before she died? And then her important message was "It worked?" Well, I bet she flashed, much like Charlotte di before she died, to herself in the parallel universe. And in it she met James/Sawyer, and wanted to go out for coffee. So I'm guessing that we'll see that in an upcoming episode - Sawyer and Juliet meeting off-island. Wouldn't that be AWESOME?!

I don't know what to think about the whole Jack/Sayid/Japenese guy (Dogan is his name, I think) storyline. Other than the infection stuff, which I've already talked about. Lol at Miles' line: "We'll just be in the Food Court." Not really that funny, but I laughed hard at that one.

Jane ~ Glad to see you were able to watch it! I would be sick if I had to wait an extra week to watch it. Pathetic, I know.

janebrophy Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 10:13pm
post #569 of 599

Hey Bigsis, Congratulations! Best wishes to both of you, for a long and happy marriage!

I really was confused by Claire's face at the end of that episode...did anyone else think she really took on Rousseau's look/attitude in just that one glimpse of her??

Thank Goodness for online episodes! icon_smile.gif Can't wait for next week!!

Ironbaker Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 3:40am
post #570 of 599

HOLY SMOKEY! What an episode. I'm so giddy over this season!

I have to collect my thoughts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%