So Where Did The Island Go?! Lost Is Back!!!!!!

Lounge By lanibird Updated 28 May 2010 , 1:23pm by janebrophy

RainbowCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RainbowCake Posted 29 May 2009 , 3:17pm
post #511 of 599

Charlie was my favorite character, and not just because that's my husband's name. LOL I'm hoping he will come back next season other than flash backs or "visions". I guess still holding onto hope him, Claire, and Aaron will be a happy little family. LOL
I also wonder if they will go into more detail with Walt being special. I still want to know.

Well you can count Alex and Karl, Paulo and Nikki, Libby, and apparently Locke..

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 29 May 2009 , 3:41pm
post #512 of 599

Charlotte and Faraday...

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 29 May 2009 , 3:48pm
post #513 of 599

I keep forgetting the new ones. But is Faraday really dead??? I mean if he figured out the time travel thing he could be back? Right? I could do with out Charlotte, she creeped me out. icon_confused.gif

And is Michael dead? He would have died on the freighter when it went kablewy?

RainbowCake Posted 29 May 2009 , 3:58pm
post #514 of 599

Oh I liked Faraday, too. I think thats why Eloise was trying to help them so that they would never actually come to the island and neither would Faraday. But by blowing up the island wouldn't that kill Eloise, too?
I thought it was so weird that Faraday actually spoke to Charlotte as a child on the island.

janebrophy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janebrophy Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:09pm
post #515 of 599

I'm on my way to the movie store...going to pick up season 1, and start from the beginning. I'm a loser!! icon_smile.gif I'll start a list of everyone who dies, and keep it next to the tv, LOL!!! How morbid would that look to people who came over?

RainbowCake Posted 29 May 2009 , 6:40pm
post #516 of 599

Not a loser thats why I want the DVDs so I can start from the beginning then watch ... the FINAL Season icon_cry.gif
I'm sure there were lots of little stuff we missed.

I'm the loser-- I bought my kids webkinz a few years ago but now I have my own account. I have named my pets after lost characters. Ok there, let me have it... LOL icon_redface.gif

I have a Juliet, Paulo, Sun, Faraday, Locke, Sayid. I have a tiger and unicorn waiting to be named...LOL

bigsisof3kids Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:03pm
post #517 of 599

Don't feel bad, Rainbow... I almost bought one from the store the other day! My best friend is really into Webkinz, so I thought I might get one too icon_smile.gif If I do I'll let ya know. (I love your avatar btw!) And AWESOME names!! I think the Tiger should be Sawyer, and the unicorn...hmmm.... did Kate's horse have a name? That's the first thing I thought of.

When I watch through again, I'm gonna count how many times Hurley says Dude icon_biggrin.gif

I wanna watch with you guys, that'd be a hoot!

I was thinking today...where did Janel go? I haven't seen her in a while, have you?

RainbowCake Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:12pm
post #518 of 599

You should. It keeps me occupied.. LOL Thanks I was thinking the tiger for Sawyer until I found out they are coming out with a fox. I will have to look up kate's horse's name. Oh I have a Hurley. He is a blue whale LOL
Locke is a Griffin, Juliet is a Love Frog, Paulo is a Toucan, Ben is a Tiger Snake, Penny is a White Terrier, Faraday is a Cocker Spaniel. Oh Sayid is a Brown Arabian Horse. I know I went a little overboard but now I want to have all the Lost characters LOL
Thanks on the avatar, I'm also a HK fanatic. I If I could have every room in my house decorated with HK stuff I'd love it. For now its my kitchen an bathroom. and parts of our bedroom LOL

Can't wait til 2010!

janebrophy Posted 29 May 2009 , 9:44pm
post #519 of 599

Janel has disappeared!! She'll show up for next season, I imagine...

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:14am
post #520 of 599

They usually have some sort of game to play during the hiatus. We could always chat about that....or compete! icon_twisted.gif

bigsisof3kids Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:53am
post #521 of 599

Yes, that'll be fun! I don't know if you all played last summer, but they made a website where you signed up to be recruit in the reconstitued Dharma Initiative, and you took all sorts of tests/quizzes every week to find out your rank. It was pretty fun, I hope they do something BIG this time though...since this is our last hiatus!

Hey how about a random discussion question...

What is your favorite episode?

bigsisof3kids Posted 30 May 2009 , 7:51pm
post #522 of 599

Just finished up a cake, and came on to check some threads, and realized I didn't answer my own question!

My fave episodes are The Constant (you either love it or hate it - and I adore it), Tricia Tanaka is Dead, Man Behind the Curtain, and Dead is Dead. I of course love all episodes, minus that one about Paulo and Nikki, lol. The more I think about it the more episodes I could write down, but those are the first I thought of...

cakes22 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm
post #523 of 599

Mine are

Man of Science, Man of Faith ~ Season two
A Tale of Two Cities ~ Season three
Through the Looking Glass ~ Season three (even though Charlie dies)
Cabin Fever ~ Season Four
The Incident ~ Season Five

But I'm with bigsis, I love all of them. I had to go thru Wiki, to get the titles, but I knew which ones I liked.

bigsisof3kids Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 10:58am
post #524 of 599

All great episodes. Cakes22!

Remembering episode titles reminds me that I am such a geek, lol.

Hey I was watching Saving Private Ryan last night, and the guy who plays Faraday was in it... at first it kinda looked like him, but he had no beard and his hair was much darker and different. But once he started talking, I knew it was him right away! I miss him icon_sad.gif

cakes22 Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 11:59am
post #525 of 599

I had a "Lost" weekend, I watched the first season again. That plane crash still freaks me out!!

Is anyone a gamer? Just wondering cause my DD played the "Lost" PS3 game, and it was pretty good. A lot of them do their own voices and the graphics are pretty amazing?

Go Detroit!!

bigsisof3kids Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 12:36pm
post #526 of 599

Yes! Huge gamer icon_biggrin.gif I'm sad becaause our xBox 360 had to be sent in for repairs. So no Lost OR video games. *sigh* I sound so pathetic. I've never played the Lost game because I heard that it wasn't any good, but maybe I'll check it out. A good thing to do this hiatus.

ONe more win and the Stanley Cup stays in Detroit! icon_smile.gif

cakes22 Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 5:11pm
post #527 of 599

Ohhhh..........sorry bigsis, I would like to see the Pens win tonight, just to make a good series out of it. Even though I know Detroit will win, it would be nice for them to win at home.

I checked the reviews for the Lost game, and do they ever trash it. My DD liked, but now that I think about she finished in one day. hmmm, maybe skip it & save your rental $$ for a decent game!!!

Did you guys see the pick of Sawyer on TMZ? Not very flattering.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/02/josh-holloway-belly/

bigsisof3kids Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 10:34pm
post #528 of 599

Still, it's SAWYER though icon_smile.gif He can't have gotten that belly that fast though, maybe MAYBE it's just a bad angle?

It only took your DD one day to beat though? How old is she? ( I don't remember reading her age, sorry if you've already mentioned it).
I might rent the game just to say I've played it though...

I understand hockey fans wanting the series to go to game 7, but I just want to win it ASAP icon_smile.gif I'm sick of hearing about how great Sidney Crosbey is, I just want to beat them on their own ice. Again icon_wink.gif

I actually poked your avatar today, cakes22, LOL. It's been tempting my for months!

cakes22 Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 11:56am
post #529 of 599

hey hey hey........ it's say DON"T poke the penguin!!! Did he laugh or spit fish bits on you???

My DD is 15. She liked it, and I think depending on how you answer the questions and the choices you make it changes the outcome. I am more of a Resident Evil/ Call of Duty gamer myself, but the graphics were great.

Ummm, feeling the pressure of the Pens yet??? Ohhhh, that was a good game. I am NOT a Crosby fan (he is an amazing player though). I've got a thing for goalies icon_eek.gificon_razz.gif . But I'm falling up short on this series. I don't like Fluery and I'm not a fan of Osgoode since I watched an interview with him and he was tooting his own horn a bit too much. You guys will still win though. Home ice advantage has meant everything in this series.

It was a horrible pic of Sawyer, and there is another one of him head on and he still looked at little paunchy. Did you see the picture of Hurley as John Belushi's Samurai character? Awesome~!
LL

bigsisof3kids Posted 13 Jun 2009 , 12:21pm
post #530 of 599

LOL @ Hurley!!

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a sad loss for my Wings icon_sad.gif

cakes22 Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 5:06pm
post #531 of 599

bigsis: sorry for your loss!!! That had to hurt a little teeny tiny bit!!! Poor Hossa, had his chance with the Pens last year, flipped to the Wings to have a better chance at the cup only to lose to ..........the Pens. I met him when he was playing in Ottawa, very nice guy.

Is it 2010 yet? I'm going thru Lost withdrawl.........

Does anyone else think that Claire is going to have a bigger part in this whole thing? Maybe Aaron is the second coming of Jacob??

janebrophy Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 10:51pm
post #532 of 599

Just saw this thread pop up....is the hiatus OVER YET????
TV is just SUCKING!!! I've resorted to reading. In my old age, I can no longer stand the vacancy of summer shows..(one night of the bachelorette was enough! LOL)

Cakes22, I totally think that the whole family (Jack, Christian, Claire, Aaron) are somehow main characters in the way things are going to pan out....I think bigsis gave me the idea....

Hope you guys are enjoying the summer!

Cakes, I'm heading up to Ottawa this weekend for a manicure/pedicure with my family (girls weekend) I'm so excited to do some city shopping, and I've never had a manicure/pedicure! LOL!! I think I'm going to hit Artistic cake design while I'm there & stock up on goodies!

I've taken the summer off cakes, it's too hot!!

bigsisof3kids Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 11:30pm
post #533 of 599

Oh, that sounds like fun, Jane! I've never had a mani/pedi either. Real city shopping is the BEST. A woman's wonderworld, lol.

We've had a generally cool spring so far, just a few hot days here and there. We usually have the air conditioners blasting by this time, but we haven't even put them back in the windows yet. Nice for the electric bill!

I've been slowly getting ready for a week-long backpacking trip to Porcupine Mountains (in Michigan's upper peninsula) coming up 4th of July week. We usually go every year, but couldn't last year, so I am PSYCHED about going again. It's not everyone's cup-of-tea, but it's what my family enjoys icon_smile.gif But it always reminds me of how out of shape I am, LOL!

I MISS LOST. Over on Lostpedia.com they've been having a community-wide Lost 'rewatch.' I think 4 episodes a week, and people blog and podcast about them. It's what's been keeping my Lost-self going. I haven't been rewatching, but reading the blogs and stuff.

To answer your questions, cakes22, I'm hanging on to my thoughts that the Shepherd family is important. Jacob looks so much like a grown up Aaron. That HAS to be on purpose (I hope!!)

cakes22 Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 3:48pm
post #534 of 599

Hey Jane, we will probably pass each other on HWY 416, I'm heading to T.O. Gonna hit that new cake supply shop in Ajax. Love having a mani-pedi. Gotta treat yourself sometimes. Artistic doesn't have nearly as much stuff as they used to. I was able to by small amounts of coloured fondant but they don't sell it any more. Great for cake boards & drums. I still buy a lot of my stuff at Bulk Barn.

I'm going to have my oven on all day tomorrow (144 cc & 12, 10, 8 & 6 cakes due). Turning on the AC, I think but it is supposed to rain all day so hopefully it will be cooler.

Yup, I am thinking the same thing as you guys re: the Sheppard clan. I still think Aaron maybe be the new Jacob or a least a direct descendant from him.

Lost withdrawl is worse than cake withdrawl. icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

Bigsis: treat yourself to a mani-pedi one day. It's great to be pampered and your feet will thank you. Nothing like having sexy toes...... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

janebrophy Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:33pm
post #535 of 599

Bigsis, I'll let you know how fun the mani/pedi is...if you guys could see my hands, you'd laugh at the thought of me getting a manicure!!

Cakes, are you going to flour confections? If so, the girl who runs it is really nice, I met her at the cake comp in Markham...

I'm off to try to make a few dozen frog cookies for my son's class...we went on a froggie field trip yesterday so I thought it would be fun to send them in for the end of the school year....

bigsisof3kids Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 12:04pm
post #536 of 599

Those frog cookies sound like fun! I need to get into cookie decorating more, all the pics I see are so cute.

I wish you could visit the cake supply shop here in my town. It's called "Flour Garden," and it's the nicest little place, run by this sweet older couple. It's not a place that has EVERYTHING I need, but a lot of the basic stuff. I could spend hours in there, mostly wishing I could buy everything, lol!

Hope you both got all you wanted to get done.

Do either of you have Facebook?

janebrophy Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 3:10pm
post #537 of 599

Well the frogs turned out really cute for a group of kindergarten kids!! The whole cookie thing is way harder than it looks, mind you I finished in about an hour....I was really rushed. I have gained a whole new respect for the cookie sector! LOL!

Bigsis, I am on facebook, same name! LOL!!

cakes22 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 11:52am
post #538 of 599

I tried my hand at cookies. I came to the realization that I would rather eat them than make them.

Not on Facebook, I try to avoid any one I knew back in highschool icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I have also realized that I never want to open a bakery. I worked from 7:30 am ~ 10:00 pm last night on cakes & cuppies. My feet hurt, my hand is stuck like it's holding a piping bag and I am pooped! Kudos to all who run their own business!!! I need a mani/pedi & a massage.......... icon_smile.gif

edited to add link: http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/18/josh-holloway-lost-video/

Didn't know that...........

bigsisof3kids Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 3:14pm
post #539 of 599

Hey, I don't know if you even watch "Top Chef," but I caught up on the first two of the new season last night. They're doing it differently than before, they made it "Top Chef Masters," so they bring it four famous chefs and pit them in challenges against each other every week.

Anyway, one of the episodes had Wylie (don't know his last name, he's really into molecular gastronomy), Elizabeth Falkner, and two other chefs I wasn't familiar with. And the challenge they had was to make a LOST themed island dinner for the WRITERS OF LOST! (Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, and other writers). I was totally geeked out lol. They had to use items from the Dharma pantry, and islandy proteins like wild boar and sea urchins. When the dinner was served, the waiters were dressed in Dharma jumpsuits, and everything. It was AWESOME.

I just wanted to share that icon_smile.gif

cakes22 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 4:04pm
post #540 of 599

That's cool! I missed it.........we had a power outage here for 4 hours, people cranking their AC on overloaded the powergrid!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%