So Where Did The Island Go?! Lost Is Back!!!!!!

Lounge By lanibird Updated 28 May 2010 , 1:23pm by janebrophy

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 11:48am
post #331 of 599

loved the episode. Yea! Locke was back. icon_razz.gif
Hurley & Miles conversation was the best.
I am really begining to dislike Jack.
And now we know what Sawyer said to Kate on the helicopter (i think).
When this show is finished, I'm going to buy all the DVD's and watch them all and then go "ohhhhhh, so that's why that happened!"

btw: where is Sun? Haven't seen her around the "compound". & what happened to her daughter?

Can't wait to next weeks.....

need more locke icon_wink.gif

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 12:07pm
post #332 of 599

Betcha Ben goes back to Dharma with that ankh necklace on (like Paul wore)... icon_biggrin.gif

I am SO GLAD that Sawyer is kinda pushing Kate away, and letting her know how important Juliette is to him, in his own way.

Can't wait to see Ellie and Charles again! I'm giddy too, Ironbaker!

That part with Hurley and Miles was priceless. I rewound it twice to get exactly what they were saying.

Juliette made this look that creeped me out...when she was telling Kate they needed to take Ben to the Hostiles. Rewatch that part and you'll know what I mean.

I TOTALLY thought Kate was going to give Aaron to Cassidy. I wish she would've, I don't really like Claire's mom.

lanibird... I looked at that link and ALMOST fell for it. I like M. Night, but not enough to take a gamble with the last episode, lol.

I don't like the new Jack either, Kate. I want season one Jack.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 1:05pm
post #333 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Also so glad to see Sawyer tell Kate he was helping Ben for Juliette. Good moments and good character development this episode.

Are you catching the irony here? Jack saved adult Ben because Kate asked him to. Sawyer saved child Ben because Julia asked him to.

All for the love of a good woman! icon_wink.gif

threematbros Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threematbros Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 3:17pm
post #334 of 599

I know I'm a little late, but loved this episode.

So Hurley asked the question that I have been wondering. If Sayid shot Ben as a kid wouldn't adult Ben remember that? Then Kate & Sawyer take little Ben to Richard and he says that Ben will "forget all about this" - forget all about being shot? - ok but wouldn't adult Ben still remember Sawyer, Juliette, Kate, Jack & Hurley from when he was a kid?

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 6:36pm
post #335 of 599

It is ironic, Debi!

3matbros - maybe he'll forget everything?

Everyone is saying Jack was such an a** last night...yeah, he usually is. But I get what he was saying - nothing he would or would not do was going to change anything. He's turned into mini Locke.

bigsisof3kids Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:03pm
post #336 of 599

That's the BEST way I've heard it described, Ironbaker - he IS a mini Locke! Maybe that's why I don't like him so much now though. I'm not a huge fan of Locke. (Sorry, guys, don't shoot me icon_smile.gif )

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:00am
post #337 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsisof3kids

That's the BEST way I've heard it described, Ironbaker - he IS a mini Locke! Maybe that's why I don't like him so much now though. I'm not a huge fan of Locke. (Sorry, guys, don't shoot me icon_smile.gif )

I'm with you on that.

Although I did like him a little more after last night.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 8 Apr 2009 , 6:40pm
post #338 of 599

So here I was, coming to see if you all had been time-flashed to the 70's, and found out that I, or at least my notification emails, had. icon_confused.gif

Good call on Jack becoming a mini Locke, Ironbaker! It's kinda funny/ironic how he's done that.

Happy Lost Wednesday everyone! I'm hoping tonight will be a good one! It looks like we should get our answers to why Ben was beaten and bloody, and if he went after Penny. I think I saw a couple shots of Rousseau in the "Next week on Lost..." too, so now we'll (hopefully) get to see when/why he kidnaps Alex.

bigsisof3kids Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:28am
post #339 of 599

If Penny dies tonight, or we find out she's dead, I will cry. Profusely.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 12:35am
post #340 of 599

Me too!! I love Penny - she is probably one of my favorite characters.

janelwaters Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:24am
post #341 of 599

ok - seriously, I think it might take me all week to process that episode!

I yelled out loud when Ben shot Desmond, and then I was like cheering on a prize fighter when Des was kicking his a$$!

So I'm still totally confused about the time travel thing - when they showed Ben the pic from Dharma he seemed just as confused!

ok - definately going to have to watch that one again!!

Ironbaker Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:32am
post #342 of 599

Weeee! Desmond! Ben got the snot beat out of him. My heart was racing for Penny, I would've been so upset.

What an interesting episode!

So Smokey is like the judge-jury kind of grim reaper? Did Alex appear as a "ghost" of sorts in the way Christian and others have? Will Ben be able to bow down to Locke? That will be interesting. I love how Ben's character continually has you guessing on whether he's lying or not and if he is decent or not.

What lies beneath the statue? (eta) It almost sounded like she was quizzing him...like if he answered correctly, he was on their side.

Glad to see how Ben acquired Alex. And how the riff between Ben and Widmore began.

I don't like this new crew of newbies, they better not hurt Frank.

maryjsgirl Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:24am
post #343 of 599

So did I see this right? Did Ben have to flush a really big toilet to release the smoke monster??? icon_lol.gif

I wonder where "Ellie" was? I so thought she was going to appear in that flashback with the younger Widmore.

Ok maybe I missed something, but I have a question. Ben and Widmore stated they couldn't leave the island, because they would never be able to get back. But, what about what Ben said about Widmore previously leaving the island and having and affair and baby. So he had been off the island before. Huh? lol

So in the preview we see Miles and Pierre Chang together...interesting.

bigsisof3kids Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:09am
post #344 of 599
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:24 pm Post subject:
So did I see this right? Did Ben have to flush a really big toilet to release the smoke monster??? Laughing

I said the same thing when I saw it! icon_lol.gif

When we saw Alex, I thought Ben was for sure going to die. Remember when Eko (sp?) saw Yemi, and said that he needed to asked for forgiveness (or something like that), and Eko said no...right before he got killed by Smokey. I thought it was going to be something like that. But I"m glad Ben's still alive, the show wouldn't be half as good w/o him.

Side note... gotta love Ben's hairdo's over the years, lol. And Now we've seen THREE actors play Widmore.

WOOHOO! PENNY IS ALIVE!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Do you think that carving above the grate where Smokey came out was a carving of the 4 toed statue?

That water bottle still isn't explained, how it got to the original Losties' beach. Guess that's in a future episode.

I know there's lots more I could say, but I"m gonna go to bed. I need to process all this.

Locke: Are you okay??
Ben: (through pain-clenched teeth) Never been better!

Ironbaker Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:12am
post #345 of 599

I was thinking the same and LOL - he flushed a dirty toilet or pulled the plug out of a big dirty bathtub. First the donkey wheel now this.

Good question but I wonder if he really did leave or if it was something Ben was just saying Widmore did. I wouldn't be surprised if he set Widmore up.

bigsisof3kids Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:10am
post #346 of 599

hmmm..... good point. Ben's awful good at that!

Ironbaker Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:10pm
post #347 of 599

Bigsis - the drawing on the wall where Smokey came out of was a picture of Anubis and what looked like Smokey. Wait, you said carving, maybe you're talking about something else...

YES! I remember the scene with Eko, so that must be why he died - he didn't feel remorse? Ben was apologizing up and down to all (even before he went in, telling Locke to tell Desmond he was sorry).

Smokey must manifest itself into "people" that will be most affective on those being judged. Ugh, so many new questions.

lanibird Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 2:43pm
post #348 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

Ok maybe I missed something, but I have a question. Ben and Widmore stated they couldn't leave the island, because they would never be able to get back. But, what about what Ben said about Widmore previously leaving the island and having and affair and baby. So he had been off the island before. Huh? lol

I think the "never able to get back" relates to someone being banished. Both had traveled to and from the Island during their tenure as the leader, as well as other Others (Richard, Ethan, Mr. Friendly), but once they were banished a whole new set of rules kicked in.

Yay! Penny is alive! Good call to whomever (sorry, I cannot remember) said he would see little Charlie and change his mind. Or at least make him hesitate long enough for Desmond to beat the crap out of him! icon_lol.gif

It is always weird to see Ben in his weak moments, and now demonstrating he kind of has a heart, by refusing to kill Alex. But, since this is Lost, I gotta wonder if there is more to his not killing Rousseau...

bigsisof3kids Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:13pm
post #349 of 599

Ironbaker, yes that drawing was what I was talking about. So my guess is that the 4 toed statue is a statue of Anubis?

Lanibird, that makes sense, about being banished and everything. That whole scene with Widmore on the dock blew my thought that Penny was Ellie and Widmore's daughter out the window. Although Ellie was strangely missing in this episode...

Ironbaker Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:29pm
post #350 of 599

Hmm, I wonder if 4-toed is Anubis? Anubis holds an ankh also.

Lanibird, that does make sense.

Where happened to Faraday???

About Ben/Alex....I was thinking, maybe he was spared by Smokey because he was right in killing her? That it was what the island wanted? Didn't Widmore say something - when he was being banished - about how Ben will see that he was right? Was he talking about how Alex was supposed to die? Brain hurts.

I'm starting to wonder if the island is evil.

[/code]

lanibird Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 3:48pm
post #351 of 599

Oooooo! Good catch Ironbaker! I thought it was because he actually seemed remorseful over her death, but your idea makes a lot of sense.

I think the statue/carving is Anubis too. Interesting how in the carving, it looked like Anubis was commanding Smokey.

I'm wondering if Illiana (sp?) and the other new Losties are Others. The first thing I thought when she asked "What lies in the shadow of that statue?", was, "Did they find the 4-toed statue?" Maybe a new team Widmore put together? And their way of identifying each other is that question?

bigsisof3kids Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 4:52pm
post #352 of 599

I was thinking that too, lanibird. Like the question was to see if he was 'one of them.' Remember when Desmond asked Locke and Kate when they first found the hatch "What did one snowman say to the other?" It was like a security code, to see if he was the replacement or whatever.

Ironbaker, I like what you said, it was almost like Alex was SUPPOSED to die. Like Charlie was supposed to die, but Desmond kept postponing the inevitable. Dead is Dead icon_wink.gif

Man I can't stop talking about this episode, lol.

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 5:17pm
post #353 of 599

My favorite line of last night.

"Well the dead guy says everything is going to be okay so I guess everything is just peachy"

Ironbaker Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 6:14pm
post #354 of 599

I can't stop blabbing about it either! lol You guys are the only ones I can really discuss it with in detail.

I was under the impression that Illiana's (sp?) team was working for Widmore? Didn't we see that guy, Cesar, talking to Widmore or am I smoking something? icon_lol.gif

Oh, I forgot about that snowman question!

Ironbaker Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 6:43pm
post #355 of 599

I don't even remember what was shown in the previews for tonight...

bigsisof3kids Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:36pm
post #356 of 599

If you want to know who tonight's show is about, scroll down and read the small letters. If not...uhmm... don't read the small letters. Lol, I don't know how else to do it.

From the previews, it looks like a Miles episode. icon_biggrin.gif

It's Wednesday, W00T!

janelwaters Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:43pm
post #357 of 599

Its LOST Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!! yippee!!!!!

That just makes my day!! (its sad i know!)

maryjsgirl Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 7:54pm
post #358 of 599

It looks like we will be seeing more than ten seconds of Hurley this episode! icon_biggrin.gif

Ironbaker Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 8:10pm
post #359 of 599

Oh, that's right! I just couldn't remember who/what was in the previews - thanks!

bigsisof3kids Posted 15 Apr 2009 , 10:12pm
post #360 of 599

Only 5 more hours of Lost left this season icon_sad.gif Forgot to mention tonight's episode is called "Some like it Hoth." I don't get it. What is "Hoth??"

I almost wet myself laughing so hard at the dancing banana!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%