frindmi Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:15pm
post #121 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyanna70

Quote:
Originally Posted by frindmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyanna70

or it could be she was put off by the fact someone not directly involved bothered to ask her about it, so she got snippy. Maybe, just maybe, she is looking into it before responding to the original poster. I mean no offense at all by saying this, CakeRN.

At least, this is what I would like to believe, but all in all, maybe she really just isn't a very nice person after all, but has a wonderful gift.

I hope this issue is resolved soon Arosstx. You've been so great through all of this, and I really hope it turns out for the best, in the end.

Holly

I also wish to think that she was well intentioned but it´s very suspicious that the pictures that you can see on her website seem to belonge to decorators whose decorating skills vary greatly. Some of them seem to have been done by people overseas, just by looking at the elements used and the materials used on them. Also, some pictures are smaller, some of them are bigger, the quality of the pictures is not consistent.... I also noticed that she says something to the effect of: These are some of the cakes designs we offer.. She doesn´t state that she has made the cakes but by including them in her portfolio she is implying that they are made by her or at least that´s what anybody would think. Also, if she has the time to respond to CakeRN, how come she doesn´t have the time to at least write a few lines to Arosstx saying: I´m sorry, I´m aware of the problem and I´m trying to fix it? The nerve of some people

I wasn't saying she was completely innocent. I do believe it was intentional, but I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I guess I don't explain things, or convey my thoughts, very well. I'm sorry if I was misunderstood or offended anyone.

I'm just really impressed with the way arosstx is handling the whole thing, and I am sorry for saying this, and I know I will be flamed for it, but I don't think anyone else has the right to email this woman, since it wasn't their cake that was stolen. I do believe arosstx has every right to do so, and has every right to contact a lawyer. I also believe Heath and Jackie were completely right in what they did, and I'm so very glad they are so wonderful, and are always looking out for the best interest of their members.

I hate the thought of anyone stealing your hard work and passing it off as their own, or not giving the credit each of you so richly deserve. Please don't think I side with her, or what she has done.. I don't. I find it despicable. I was just really hoping there is some good left in this world, and she truly did make a honest mistake this time, but I can see now that just isn't so. I knew this matter could be handled tastefully, and it has been. Instead of everyone getting mad, and emailing and calling, and making this woman's life miserable (which she probably deserves), but in my opinion that just makes all of us look bad for doing something like that. (Please don't hate me for having this opinion)

I'm very grateful to have found this site, and all of you. I think you are all very sweet, and caring people, and you are looking out for your own. I haven't been here long, but I would hope after a while I will know I have this many people that would want to jump in and defend me, as much as they do others on here. I just also hope they give it time to be resolved without having to stoop to such a level.

Again, I am very sorry if I have offended anyone, and I'm very proud to be here, and so happy to see Heath and Jackie are so wonderful, and really make it worth coming back, as much as all of you do.

Sincerely,

Holly

I´m sorry. I didn´t want to make it sound like I was offended. I like you was all for giving this woman the benefit of the doubt and I´m sad to realize she has not been honest. Don´t be sorry to express how you feel even if you disagree with some people. You did it very respectfully and that´s what counts. I hope I didn´t offend you by what I said.

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:22pm
post #122 of 309

Nah.. I don't offend easily. (most of the time. icon_wink.gif) Nothing you said offended me at all.

I was just afraid I came off the wrong way. I'm really a nice person! Honest!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_twisted.gif

Holly

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:28pm
post #123 of 309

My thanks to Heath (and Jackie) for the timely response to the email I sent them to let them know about this. All I can say (besides THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH) is that ya'll rock and so does CC!!

And to update....still no word, and yes, my picture is still on her site. tick tock lady....I won't be waiting much longer...

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:45pm
post #124 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by arosstx

My thanks to Heath (and Jackie) for the timely response to the email I sent them to let them know about this. All I can say (besides THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH) is that ya'll rock and so does CC!!

And to update....still no word, and yes, my picture is still on her site. tick tock lady....I won't be waiting much longer...

well if it makes you feel better, in all likelyhood her webhost will send her a notice that the copyrighted material must be removed within 24hours or they will take down her site. That is the normal response from a webhost when they receive this notice.

arosstx Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 8:53pm
post #125 of 309

It DOES make me feel better. I feel like I am not alone and that I have HUGE backup - thanks again to Heath (and Jackie) and to all of you for your kind words and support. If there was a hug or kiss-blowing emoticon, I would insert it here!

arosstx Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:10pm
post #126 of 309

How long once you ban a member does their profile still appear? Just wondering because I just checked it and she's still a member.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:34pm
post #127 of 309
Quote:

How long once you ban a member does their profile still appear? Just wondering because I just checked it and she's still a member.

who is it??

azsunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azsunn Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:50pm
post #128 of 309

I had a question, is it possible at the website level to disable the ability to download pictures?

If that were possible it seems it would solve this problem, but I am very naieve in the technology world (the cake decorating world too! icon_rolleyes.gif )

arosstx Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:54pm
post #129 of 309

Please don't ask me who it is. I will not publish that info. If Jackie or Heath or someone else decide to do that, I can't help it, but you will not get it from me.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:57pm
post #130 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

Quote:

well if it makes you feel better, in all likelyhood her webhost will send her a notice that the copyrighted material must be removed within 24hours or they will take down her site. That is the normal response from a webhost when they receive this notice.

This is a great example of why I love this site so much! Thank you so much, Heath and Jackie, for looking out for all of us.

LaSombra Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:59pm
post #131 of 309
Quote:

Please don't ask me who it is. I will not publish that info. If Jackie or Heath or someone else decide to do that, I can't help it, but you will not get it from me.

sorry, I was just curious and was going to go look in her gallery and such but I understand.

arosstx Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:02pm
post #132 of 309

She only has one picture in her gallery anyway, and it's on her website on the 'ABOUT' page.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:06pm
post #133 of 309
Quote:

I admire that stance.

Heath Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:09pm
post #134 of 309
Quote:

The profile will always appear, they just can't log in to it.

Heath Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:12pm
post #135 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunn

I had a question, is it possible at the website level to disable the ability to download pictures?

If that were possible it seems it would solve this problem, but I am very naieve in the technology world (the cake decorating world too! icon_rolleyes.gif )

If anyone is persistent enough, they can always get the image.

The problem with trying to circumvent the few thieves is that it makes it harder for all the legitimate cc members who merely want to save images for inspiration. The main reason the photo gallery exists is for sharing, so we don't want to make that difficult.

anneuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anneuk Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:20pm
post #136 of 309

Hi Audrey,

your cakes are beautiful.... sorry your image has been stolen.... that is sad.... I hope you get her to take your piccy down, I'm sure others would be angry too...

Anne

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:30pm
post #137 of 309

okay, I know this is silly The name of her business is Works of art, but did anyone else notice that her e-mail address says "work so fart"? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

sorry,
off topic but still.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm goofy today. icon_razz.gif
glad to see such a serious subject is finding its solution.

mommachris

arosstx Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:30pm
post #138 of 309

I am not angry at all. She could've asked and I really wouldn't have cared as long as it was clear somehow that it was NOT her work. I am just disappointed a fellow (now former) CC member would do such a thing.

So many people have pm'd me about that cake (and others) and I am happy to SHARE any info anyone wants, anytime. That's one of the reasons I joined this group in the first place - to learn more about something I love to do. That I get to help others in the process has been 'icing on the cake'!

arosstx Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:32pm
post #139 of 309

mommachris you are cracking me up!! I noticed it too but didn't DARE post it as I have tried to maintain my manners during all this. hee hee... icon_biggrin.gif

LaSombra Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:37pm
post #140 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I admire that stance.

I do too...I just thought that I missed something and was the only one who didn't know since others were writing to the person and such. It's not a big deal to me or anything, just nosy.

azsunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azsunn Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 10:39pm
post #141 of 309
Quote:
Quote:

If anyone is persistent enough, they can always get the image.

The problem with trying to circumvent the few thieves is that it makes it harder for all the legitimate cc members who merely want to save images for inspiration. The main reason the photo gallery exists is for sharing, so we don't want to make that difficult.

Thanks for your reply Heath. I understand what you are saying and appreciate all that you do to keep the site for us. I am a very novice baker/decorator and love to look at the work of others.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 11:28pm
post #142 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommachris

okay, I know this is silly The name of her business is Works of art, but did anyone else notice that her e-mail address says "work so fart"? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

sorry,
off topic but still.... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm goofy today. icon_razz.gif
glad to see such a serious subject is finding its solution.

mommachris

...LOL...LOL...LOL.....
OMG!!!!!!! Toooooo funnyyyyy........ icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 11:48pm
post #143 of 309

thats kind of crazy i just found a cake that belongs to a local business here in cape cod!

http://www.thecasualgourmet.com/wedding-cakes/wedding-cakes.html

http://www.worksofartcakes.com./images/CAKE1.jpg

Michele25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele25 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 11:57pm
post #144 of 309

Is it my imagination, or did all the cakes in her Wedding Portfolio just change? When I first started reading this thread about an hour ago, I checked her site, Work of Art Cakes, and saw a variety of cakes, all with backgrounds. Now I checked again, and each photo from the Wedding Portfolio has been cropped--they contain no backgrounds and look like different cakes than were there only an hour ago. Am I going crazy or has anyone noticed that too?

arosstx Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 11:59pm
post #145 of 309

Well, her website is changing as we speak. Her home page picture has changed, which I'm guessing means she was using a 'borrowed' picture? Anyway, maybe my picture will be off of there soon...

I would still like her to contact me and explain how that picture ended up on her website, but I am guessing that might be too much to expect.

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 11:59pm
post #146 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele25

Is it my imagination, or did all the cakes in her Wedding Portfolio just change? When I first started reading this thread about an hour ago, I checked her site, Work of Art Cakes, and saw a variety of cakes, all with backgrounds. Now I checked again, and each photo from the Wedding Portfolio has been cropped--they contain no backgrounds and look like different cakes than were there only an hour ago. Am I going crazy or has anyone noticed that too?

your right she did change all of the backgrounds

lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 12:00am
post #147 of 309

you are SOOO right michele!! same thing happened to me....I thought I was going crazy!!!!

arosstx Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 12:01am
post #148 of 309

Her prices went up too!!!!!!!! (except on the page with my cake picture still on it, I guess she's not done changing it all yet) icon_lol.gif

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 12:08am
post #149 of 309

Audrey I don't know nothing about lawyers, but I think you need to do something about this. She is changing backgrounds in her website.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 12:10am
post #150 of 309

yeah the ones that she is cropping look like crap now, LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%