Calling All Aussies!!

Decorating By gingerkitten79 Updated 16 May 2013 , 10:35pm by derbyfour

alwayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alwayscake Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:02am
post #181 of 1030

Just found this thread, took me awhile to read all the 12 pages. would like to say hi to everyone here! I am in south east suburb, Glen Waverley. Been doing the cake decorating for a year just for family and friend. Learn a lot of things from CC.
Thank you for all the info ab. auspak etc. BTW, where is the USA food about?

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:16am
post #182 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumKitchen

Hi all - recognise a few of you from a few threads I have read and posted

REALLY great to know there are some Aussies here that we can bounce our ideas off without "offending" - our humour is REALLY unique isn't it? OR is it just me that is WEIRD?? @#$#$#@

I'm at Kurrajong just out of Sydney

Just finished a GROSS toilet cake for my nephew's 21st - BAD TASTE theme - complete with the pile of Playboy mags. Definately won't be posting that one in the galleries!!

All his friends said - EW!! YUK!! but then, HOW COOL!!

LOL yes our humour is a little unique. We sort of are a bit droll but definately a very funny bunch. Love aussie movies. Muriels wedding is at the top.

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:20am
post #183 of 1030

alwayscake - USA Foods is in Bentleigh. http://www.usafoods.com.au/

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 10:41am
post #184 of 1030

if anyone is keen to swap MSN mine is in my profile, i am always on the web.. i try not to be but this site is very addictive!

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:47pm
post #185 of 1030

Hey Sparklepop and redred...... what branch are you memebers of???

I have been asked to do the challenge next year.......and like always said "yes"...... Can you guys give me a heads up on what have I got myself into.... I may be well in over my head by the sounds of it !!!

thanks heaps

Sparklepop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklepop Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 11:59pm
post #186 of 1030

Hey Torki you already know me we're member of the same branch, just never spoken on line before LOL.

You will be fine at Challenge there is plenty of sections to enter. Pick a section and stick to the guidelines. Just don't drop it in the sink icon_wink.gif

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:30am
post #187 of 1030

I can't believe the gathering coming from Melbourne - HUGE.

If any of you are out and about on Thursday Oct 4, around Southgate (say hi to Kath and Kim) or Fed'n Square, Bourke street Mall area, and you see a sea of girls all wearing pink / purple - ONE of them is my baby girl touring with the Australian Girls Choir.

They will be on their way home after touring Tassie for two weeks.

I only have one DD so I miss her heaps! icon_sad.gif

They'll be at the museum on the Thursday and be performing at the museum at 11.00 am on Saturday. icon_biggrin.gif

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:47am
post #188 of 1030

Hey Applegum, I have a very dear friend who used to live in Kurrajong, now she's in Springfield. Welcome, welcome, welcome all, wow, I think we've justified an Aussie contingent on here for sure! icon_biggrin.gif

Kim_m_kk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_m_kk Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:02am
post #189 of 1030

I am an american living in Aussieland. Can I joing ya'll? I am originally a texan...but living with my partner in queensland. Airlie beach area. Moved here for love...lol

maria892 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:06am
post #190 of 1030

You can, but you're not allowed to say Y'ALL - you have to say "Youse guys" , yeah???

LOL...

Kim_m_kk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_m_kk Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:08am
post #191 of 1030

I didn't even realize I said ya'll...too many years in texas. I have half this town using ya'll now...so just join in.

maria892 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:16am
post #192 of 1030

Hey!! have you been sent by "others" to turn this thread around???

Are you ......

A SPY??? detective.gif

"dan dan dan" (spy music here like in thunderbirds)

nicolevoorhout Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:16am
post #193 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria892

You can, but you're not allowed to say Y'ALL - you have to say "Youse guys" , yeah???

LOL...

Ahahahahahahaha, that's a good one! Yes you must learn the appropriate Aussie slang, youse, dunno, waddayawant, and so on ahahahahahahahaha!

maria892 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:18am
post #194 of 1030

Don't forget "How ya Garn?"

maria892 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:24am
post #195 of 1030

I haven't been to Airlie BEach since 1988 - yonks ago.

Is it still a pretty calm and relaxed place or has there been some development there?

WE did a diving cruise that started from Airlie Beach - 'twas fun.

nicolevoorhout Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:25am
post #196 of 1030

You mean "How ya garn, maaaaiiiittttte!" icon_lol.gif

maria892 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 2:30am
post #197 of 1030

MMMAAAAAIIIIITTTTEEEEEEE!!!!!

SOOOORRRRREEEEYYYY....

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I coulda said " how they hangin?"...

but I take a guess that does not apply to the larger CC community? Right?

nicolevoorhout Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 5:06am
post #198 of 1030
Quote:

MMMAAAAAIIIIITTTTEEEEEEE!!!!!

SOOOORRRRREEEEYYYY....

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Hahahah you are funny!!!! icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 6:33am
post #199 of 1030

All right, we have basically worked out who lives where. So how many of us are trying to decorate cakes with partners and kids under our feet icon_mad.gif

Love all of mine dearly, and I can start a cricket team with mine, but i keep threatening to put a 2 yr old DS up on ebay if he doesnt leave the cake alone icon_redface.gificon_evil.gif

LiliS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiliS Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 6:51am
post #200 of 1030

OMG Cheryl, me too. I threatened my almost 2 y/o that I was going to list her on ebay and then I thought, nah I'll probably get negative feedback and have to send a refund!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

She is in full tantrum mode at the moment and I think all the cakes I am making are giving her a sugar high. She cant get enough of the butter cream. I think I need to put her in BC rehab.

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 6:59am
post #201 of 1030

Kim, good to see another queenslander !! There are a lot of mexicans & cockroaches on here !!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ( I used to be a mexican - don't shoot me !! haha )
Cheryl - I don't know how you do it with all your kids ! I thought 5 was bad enough icon_biggrin.gif
My 22 month old angel is a fondant freak !!! & man, does she have attitude !! Totally different from my boys icon_lol.gif

alwayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alwayscake Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 8:10am
post #202 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraK

alwayscake - USA Foods is in Bentleigh. http://www.usafoods.com.au/

Thanks Barbara for the info!

Renuka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renuka Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 8:24am
post #203 of 1030

G'day everyone!!

I have been lurking around this site for a few years and have been "borrowing" ideas for cakes from a lot of the talented people here. Anyways, I am finally coming out of the dark and declaring myself as a cake decorating aussie who loves looking at the pictures posted on this site.

Cheers!

Renu

LiliS Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 8:27am
post #204 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules06

Kim, good to see another queenslander !! There are a lot of mexicans & cockroaches on here !!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif ( I used to be a mexican - don't shoot me !! haha )
Cheryl - I don't know how you do it with all your kids ! I thought 5 was bad enough icon_biggrin.gif
My 22 month old angel is a fondant freak !!! & man, does she have attitude !! Totally different from my boys icon_lol.gif

she sounds like my darling. It's the scorpio trait.. the attitude. I know, cause I am one icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 8:48am
post #205 of 1030

Renu

Glad to see you are have "outed" yourself
If it is time for confessions, hand up, I initially joined this site to have a peek at others cake for inspiration.

Story of my life so far.... in as few words as possible. Started cake decorating about 26 years ago, (that makes me seem OLD doesn't it) never did it professionally - every birthday my children got a SPECIAL CAKE and a home party with a different theme - I really got into it and LOVED every bit of what others referred to as "too much work" - I saw them take their kiddies off to Maccas for the same boring party every year - well, pleased to say that my "children" are now turning (within the next month) 25, 20 & 18 and they still brag to all their friends about the cakes that their Mum made AND I might add none of them were outstanding by cake decoraters standards - but they were SPECIAL to them and hold very special memories for them. I was "conned" into making engagement cakes for friends, wedding cakes, christening cakes etc in the early 80's when you had to make each petal separately and all cakes were fruitcake covered with fondant with extension work and intricate lace pieces - THANK GOD all that is out of fashion now!! I seem to move from one major project to another - entertaining is high on our social pages and it always seems to be at our house (yeah I love it) and my latest major project is my eldest daughters wedding on March 1st next year (at home of course) Large marquee (we live on 10 acres of rural property in the foothills of the Blue Mountains) and I'm the WEDDING PLANNER, CATERER, CAKE DECORATER, SET DESIGNER, GARDENER, SHOPPERS ASSISTANT AND PERSONAL CONCIERGE!! - but I still find time for CC hahaha! Anybody feel like a working holiday in a lovely country retreat?

Tip for all you mothers of small children - LOVE them and cherish every moment, make time for those special memories. Kids don't need quality time as all the experts keep saying. They just need any time, watching you cook, create a masterpiece out of a lump of fondant... anything! they will remember it and it makes them appreciate your talents (however simple YOU think them to be) No child remembers that they had the cleanest house in the street or the best lounge BUT they do remember Mum making that dinasaur cake!

Did I say .... in as few words as possible? Oh S@#$%T, I think I have been babbling!!

gingerkitten79 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 8:57am
post #206 of 1030
Quote:

It could if you were talking about boobs! There are a lot of older ladies out there!!! Hell i'm only 28 and already mine spend most of their time talking to my belly button!

And Applegumkitchen, i cant wait till i have kids and get to bring them up in the cake way! You sound like the perfect mother! And as for a working holiday... i could use the cake experience, you wanna swap? I need help on the 5th of november!

gingerkitten79 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:00am
post #207 of 1030

p.s girls!
over 200 replies! well done!

LiliS Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:07am
post #208 of 1030

aussie aussie aussie

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:10am
post #209 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumKitchen

Anybody feel like a working holiday in a lovely country retreat?

I should watch that offer if I were you cause I've been checking out bus prices to the your neck of the woods for the working country retreat. LOLOL just joshing but it does sound like it would be a great time.
Good luck as I'm sure it will go off with out a hitch.

icon_wink.gif Hey does Just Joshing count as a good ole aussie slang??hehehe

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:21am
post #210 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylweddingplanner

All right, we have basically worked out who lives where. So how many of us are trying to decorate cakes with partners and kids under our feet icon_mad.gif

Love all of mine dearly, and I can start a cricket team with mine, but i keep threatening to put a 2 yr old DS up on ebay if he doesnt leave the cake alone icon_redface.gificon_evil.gif

WEDDING PLANNER!!!!!! I just noticed your Membername - OK now your busted, you're on my BUDDY list! I on to you for all my 'wedding' help NOW!

Don't worry about the kids - I could tell you a few of my cake disasters to make you feel better.... like the day an elderly grandmother was babysitting the 3yr old AND the lovely birthday cake shaped like Australia complete with all the hand made Australian Native flowers that I had delivered that morning.......da da darn!! Yep.... you guessed it - a frantic phone call received from her, the little 'darling' had poked his little chubby finger all over the Land of Oz making it look like the Lunar landing!! Her daughter was due home in less than 2 hours and the party was that night - did a mad dash up the road (only a few km's away) and did a quick spackfiller and another layer of fondant - under the blazin sun streaming through a skylight in the kitchen (It was, after all, a cake for an Australia Day birthday!!) My friend never found out about it - until the 3yr old recently turned 21 and was OUTED by his grandfather (recipient of the cake) in his speech at the party. Ha ha! what we do - oh and I could tell you about the time the dog ate the top tier of MY wedding cake or the time the neighbours cat walked over a freshly fondanted cake!! MY - see what you've all got to look forward to !! YOU just got to luv em don;t you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%