Calling All Aussies!!

Decorating By gingerkitten79 Updated 16 May 2013 , 10:35pm by derbyfour

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:41am
post #211 of 1030

Hey we can all go to Applegum's kitchen for a Cake Weekend Holiday retreat! Wouldn't that be fun! icon_biggrin.gif

gingerkitten, funny hahahahaha, I'll be 35 on Sunday and as a plus sized chickie, mine have been chatting to my bellybutton for years. hehehehehehe.

OK, lucky me I get to do two birthday cakes for myself one for work and one for the family, I just finished the one for work, which I decided to take in tomorrow because with Monday being a public holiday everyone is likely to take a flexi on Friday and well I want to show it off, I'm off to post it, it's finished and I think it's really cute! icon_biggrin.gif

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:44am
post #212 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerkitten79


It could if you were talking about boobs! There are a lot of older ladies out there!!! Hell i'm only 28 and already mine spend most of their time talking to my belly button!




icon_razz.gif icon_razz.gif

Ha Ha Ha Ha - I thought of that after and, Well, you said it!!!


thumbs_up.gif Hi Renu.....

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 9:49am
post #213 of 1030

YAY ! I reached the Century of Posts...

Oh Nicole - you've just shattered any illusions of grandeur of you. Instead of putting YOU on a pedestal - I think it may be your Fadoubada's that need the pedestal. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

No disrespect intended.....

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:11am
post #214 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria892

YAY ! I reached the Century of Posts...

Oh Nicole - you've just shattered any illusions of grandeur of you. Instead of putting YOU on a pedestal - I think it may be your Fadoubada's that need the pedestal. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

No disrespect intended.....




LMAO!!!!! Seriously, maria, many men have tried, many men have tried, hahahahahahahahahah oh I think I nearly wet myself, hahahaha! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Renuka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renuka Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:21am
post #215 of 1030

Hey Maria

101 posts!!! You are doing well!

I reckon, droopy boobs can be a good cake theme for a 80 year old grandma's birthday!!! Especially if it is summer!!!!

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:34am
post #216 of 1030

it should be our new comp! best saggy tits cake!

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 10:38am
post #217 of 1030

Yes, Renu - you have a lot of catching up to do.

Ok, ladies....time to heave the fadoubada's out of the gutter..... shhh.gif

Puffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Puffin Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 11:10am
post #218 of 1030

Just saying hello, another Aussie...in melbourne. Hoping to learn a few things. Hello to the kind person who suggested this from the kitchenwares shop in sth melbourne!!

alwayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alwayscake Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 11:12am
post #219 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylweddingplanner

All right, we have basically worked out who lives where. So how many of us are trying to decorate cakes with partners and kids under our feet icon_mad.gif

Love all of mine dearly, and I can start a cricket team with mine, but i keep threatening to put a 2 yr old DS up on ebay if he doesnt leave the cake alone icon_redface.gif icon_evil.gif




I only have one. 7 year DD. She choose to ask questions, request helps, etc... when I was busy doing the cake. "Mummy, you care more about cake than caring me!!!"

lillypad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillypad Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 11:48am
post #220 of 1030

ello all the aussies out there. im an adelaidian, dont be mean to me for that. ha ha ha. just spent the last hour of my life reading the last 15 pages of this thread. you guys are great, all 30 ish of yas. i cant believe how many of yas there are on the eastern coast. i guess thats where the population is. by the way i love the idea of the saggy tits cake contest. maybe they could all by moulds taken from our own boobies. ha ha ha ha ha ha. LMAO. my husband loves the idea so long as he gets to lick the bowl. ha ha ha ha ha. well i dont get on here much but ill keep in touch and hopefully make some friends in the time.

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:04pm
post #221 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin

Just saying hello, another Aussie...in melbourne. Hoping to learn a few things. Hello to the kind person who suggested this from the kitchenwares shop in sth melbourne!!




Huzzah!!! that was meeee!!!!
Glad you finally found us!
Tish x

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:08pm
post #222 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillypad

ello all the aussies out there. im an adelaidian, dont be mean to me for that. ha ha ha. just spent the last hour of my life reading the last 15 pages of this thread. you guys are great, all 30 ish of yas. i cant believe how many of yas there are on the eastern coast. i guess thats where the population is. by the way i love the idea of the saggy tits cake contest. maybe they could all by moulds taken from our own boobies. ha ha ha ha ha ha. LMAO. my husband loves the idea so long as he gets to lick the bowl. ha ha ha ha ha. well i dont get on here much but ill keep in touch and hopefully make some friends in the time.




Whoah there! us "cheeky" aussies are going to ALL be moved to the NAUGHTY section!! hahaha - bet we'd all have loads of fun - and that saggy tits suggestion came none less than from the City of Churches!! haha ! Don't worry lillypad we are WHEELY NOICE and won't pick on you -
Still trying to figure out how those Americans are going to get the "Kath & Kim" humour!!

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:13pm
post #223 of 1030

oh man... i know one american girl who came over here to live with her aussie boy who thought kath and kim was a soapie! she thought it was real!

And my DB wants to know if he can volunteer to lick the cake mix off the boobs of anyone who enters the competition!! Hahahahaaha!

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:36pm
post #224 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillypad

i love the idea of the saggy tits cake contest. maybe they could all by moulds taken from our own boobies. ha ha




Hey lillypad I just got a visual of my self and thats a lot of cake. NOT GOOD
I think they are starting to look beyond my belly button now icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif SCARY

Big welcome and hello to all Aussies newbies and superstars, I love it here, I love looking at the pics on here.

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:39pm
post #225 of 1030

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-498663-cheeky.html

Hey, gingerkitten - remember this thread!! You have definately got BOOBS on the brain girl!! I just realised that I've been sitting here at this computer for hours - I'm going to go and get a bit of shut eye
Have had a real laugh - best night out I've had for a while! Thanks girls!

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:39pm
post #226 of 1030

I must be in the minority with the " saggy boobs " - mine aren't big enough TO sag icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif
( I'll have to do cupcakes !!! ) icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif hahaha

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 12:43pm
post #227 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillypad

i love the idea of the saggy tits cake contest. maybe they could all by moulds taken from our own boobies. ha ha



Hey lillypad I just got a visual of my self and thats a lot of cake. NOT GOOD
I think they are starting to look beyond my belly button now icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif SCARY

Big welcome and hello to all Aussies newbies and superstars, I love it here, I love looking at the pics on here.




Well HELLLLOOOOOO - BIRTHDAY GIRL!! Just in the nick of time! Happy Birthday to you!!

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:02pm
post #228 of 1030

Thanks ApplegumKitchen, its just another day to me. I just hit 35 I'm almost at the top of that hill. icon_sad.gif


Hey Jules 1/2 your luck, I wish I could use cupcakes.. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:06pm
post #229 of 1030

I can't believe I have only just seen this topic!!! I am also a Melbourne girl. I live overseas.... but I still consider myself a Melbourne girl!!!! I had no idea so many aussies were on this website.... It is nice to know you can discuss a recipe without a 'stick' of butter being mentioned... plus some other ingredients which I never seem to understand. We are planning to visit Melbourne, probably after Christmas and I just hope I could do a cake course at the same time.... a couple of days away from husband and children..... decorating cakes...... how blissful!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

jo0312 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo0312 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:09pm
post #230 of 1030

Thanks applegumkitchen for saying what you did about kids sometimes i get so wrapped up in getting my cakes done and getting cranky cause they are too close to touching. Its so nice to hear that i m not the only owner of a 3yr old with attitude any one with older kids PLEASE tell me they get over it and become sweet listening non rebeling teenagers PLEASE?

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:24pm
post #231 of 1030

jo, hate to break it to you BUT..no ( sweet listening non-rebelling teenagers?)...no
hahaha just kidding, I'm sure they're out there somewhere !!! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:26pm
post #232 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniprev

I can't believe I have only just seen this topic!!! I am also a Melbourne girl. I live overseas.... but I still consider myself a Melbourne girl!!!! I had no idea so many aussies were on this website.... It is nice to know you can discuss a recipe without a 'stick' of butter being mentioned... plus some other ingredients which I never seem to understand. We are planning to visit Melbourne, probably after Christmas and I just hope I could do a cake course at the same time.... a couple of days away from husband and children..... decorating cakes...... how blissful!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif




Living in Tuscany, Italy!! OMG - now that's my idea of bliss! bugger the rural vacation here - I reckon we all need to head off to keep Toniprev company (I'll babysit, if somebody else can offer to take care of the husband!) I am only up again BECAUSE my bloody husband is snoring so loud it's like sharing the room with a freight train!!

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:41pm
post #233 of 1030

HaHaHa... would love company from not only fellow Australians... but... if they are into cake, all the better... I feel I bore everyone else talking about cake cake cake!!! I do live in a beautiful part of Italy, I will admit, but just think.... summer is arriving for you.... whilst winter is creeping slowly up on us!!! Got a cake order for Saturday!! very happy... always good for advertising. This cake will be taken to Milan... so better still. (people who don't care what they spend!!!) I have a 3year old boy, and 7yr. old girl!!! My daughter Annabella ALWAYS wants to 'help' when I am doing a cake.... she tells me to think of her as my assistant!!! It is hard not to hurt her feelings when I tell her she can't touch... or help... I do let her lick all bowls....... saves the calories going onto my bum!!!!!

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:41pm
post #234 of 1030

Yay !! A cake trip to Tuscany & a quick detour to the Blue Mountains on the way home icon_biggrin.gif I love this cake decorating caper thumbs_up.gif hahaha


I don't know why I'm still up ! icon_confused.gif

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 1:50pm
post #235 of 1030

OK, but not In our hot summer..... I have no air-conditioning and even though my house is not hot.... fondant is just not as much fun... We may visit QLD this next trip too....... do the touristy theme park thing with the children!!! Better start harassing hubby as it is almost October and we must really book!

I'm not sure when we are coming as I said.... but if anyone ever wanted to stay in our house while we were away.... (one dog to look after... oh, and 1 rabbit + 1 guinea pig) ,, this could be a good idea. We live in Pietrasanta... along the coast of Northern Tuscany. One hour from Florence, 40min from Pisa, 20min from Lucca. Our town is famous for marble sculpting... being where Michelangelo got his marble from. All that white Carrara marble you see, comes from here! Talk about completely getting off the track of cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yummymummycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummycakes Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 3:47pm
post #236 of 1030

jo0312, I wish I could tell you they turn into sweet teenagers but ...................... they DONT!!! icon_eek.gif However eventually they do move out of home icon_lol.gif and if they try to come back icon_redface.gif ................CHANGE THE LOCKS!!! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

And Applegumkitchen, should you need help just pm, will be glad to help with anything, could use a holiday, even if it is working. icon_biggrin.gif

And I should explain about the DS, he is allergic to wheat and gluten and has violent behavioural reactions with them, to the point that he is a danger to himself and others so if he inadvertantly is given something (or finds something) he shouldnt eat, both him and I suffer for a week. icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif
And I dont get a break from him, his father refuses to see him until he 'grows out of it' icon_evil.gif icon_mad.gif icon_twisted.gif tapedshut.gif (A&$*HOLE, that he is) and i dont have any family to help out.

So its not that I dont want to let him help, I let him with icing because I only use gluten free icing sugar, but this poor child cant even ingest a cake crumb without having a reaction. icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

Cheryl

p.s just thougt i would clarify, I had 7 children to my first husband who is an absolute gem, and 2 to the A*^$HOLE, who has not even meet his daughter and wont see his son because in his words: I cant deal with his needs, it will be easier when he grows out of it.

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 8:18pm
post #237 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylweddingplanner

jo0312, I wish I could tell you they turn into sweet teenagers but ...................... they DONT!!! icon_eek.gif However eventually they do move out of home icon_lol.gif and if they try to come back icon_redface.gif ................CHANGE THE LOCKS!!! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

And Applegumkitchen, should you need help just pm, will be glad to help with anything, could use a holiday, even if it is working. icon_biggrin.gif

And I should explain about the DS, he is allergic to wheat and gluten and has violent behavioural reactions with them, to the point that he is a danger to himself and others so if he inadvertantly is given something (or finds something) he shouldnt eat, both him and I suffer for a week. icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif
And I dont get a break from him, his father refuses to see him until he 'grows out of it' icon_evil.gif icon_mad.gif icon_twisted.gif tapedshut.gif (A&$*HOLE, that he is) and i dont have any family to help out.

So its not that I dont want to let him help, I let him with icing because I only use gluten free icing sugar, but this poor child cant even ingest a cake crumb without having a reaction. icon_cry.gif icon_cry.gif

Cheryl

p.s just thougt i would clarify, I had 7 children to my first husband who is an absolute gem, and 2 to the A*^$HOLE, who has not even meet his daughter and wont see his son because in his words: I cant deal with his needs, it will be easier when he grows out of it.




OMG Cheryl - you have just been put on MY pedestal!! Now, let's see if I got that right - you have 7 children (you say to your FIRST husband) so I take it that he is not with you now AND then 2 to the AH (who sounds like he isn't with you either) Does this mean that you are raising 9 children on your own AND making and decorating cakes AND still find time to do WEDDING PLANNING for others "Firetruck" girl you are amazing!! hahaha - you ozzies will get that!
I take my hat off to you, bow profusely - SUPERWOMAN!
I can help you with the "gluten, wheat" problem - Am nutritionist trained and have many recipes for wheat, gluten free cakes as well as many others so feel free to PM me as well - I just want to wrap my arms around you and give you a big aussie hug - you really sound like you need one.
Hang in there - at times it all seems tough - BUT it does get better and think on the bright side.... you'll be the lucky one in time... you'll have 9 children plus their partners and MANY MANY grandchildren to bring you lollies in the "cake decoraters nursing home" - and I bet the AH won't be getting many visitors!!

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 8:37pm
post #238 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniprev


I'm not sure when we are coming as I said.... but if anyone ever wanted to stay in our house while we were away.... (one dog to look after... oh, and 1 rabbit + 1 guinea pig) ,, this could be a good idea. We live in Pietrasanta... along the coast of Northern Tuscany. One hour from Florence, 40min from Pisa, 20min from Lucca. Our town is famous for marble sculpting... being where Michelangelo got his marble from. All that white Carrara marble you see, comes from here! Talk about completely getting off the track of cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Toniprev - that's sounds great - this is going in the memory banks.

We went to Italy in 1990 to visit my DH relo's and it was HOT HOT HOT. One of his cousins took us down to (sp?) Porto Levante and it was choc-ful of mozzies!!! I have a bad reaction to mozzie bites so I just looked "BEWDIFOOL"

icon_lol.gif

ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 8:37pm
post #239 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules06

Yay !! A cake trip to Tuscany & a quick detour to the Blue Mountains on the way home icon_biggrin.gif I love this cake decorating caper thumbs_up.gif hahaha


I don't know why I'm still up ! icon_confused.gif




Think I have BAD news for you jules! Noticed your signature - As a mother of 2 girls and 1 boy - I think you might LEARN to appreciate your son over your daughters in the not to distant future!!
The moment the "Breast Fairy" comes the Princess Bitchface sydrome appears AND lasts for what seems like an eternity and your darling little princess turns into something out of a horror movie (complete with the green vomit!!) My son on the other hand was a breeze in comparison - worst I have had from him is a slam of the bedroom door when I told him to turn the revolting doof doof down. Anyways!! the GOOD NEWS is that they all grow out of it AND all that hard work you put in the early days moulding them into decent human beings comes back tenfold!! I have 3 lovely near (son turns 18 in 3wks) adult children who all get on extremely well, still enjoy their families company, who all get out of bed in the wee hours of the morning to go to good jobs, have managed to stay out of gaol and can hold a conversation consisting of more than one syllabul with my friends - YES girls there is light at the end of the tunnel and it is worth it!! Be their Mum not their friend - It's OK to say NO over and over AND it doesn't matter if EVERYBODY ELSE is allowed to do something, you can still say no, and don't always believe what they are telling you, turn up 10mins early to pick them up from the movies and see the look of horror on their faces when they appear running TOWARDS the cinema! (God that was priceless) My kids laugh about it now - how come OUR Mum was the one that always found us out??!!
Enjoy the moments - they pass all too quickly!

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 26 Sep 2007 , 8:41pm
post #240 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniprev


I'm not sure when we are coming as I said.... but if anyone ever wanted to stay in our house while we were away.... (one dog to look after... oh, and 1 rabbit + 1 guinea pig) ,, this could be a good idea. We live in Pietrasanta... along the coast of Northern Tuscany. One hour from Florence, 40min from Pisa, 20min from Lucca. Our town is famous for marble sculpting... being where Michelangelo got his marble from. All that white Carrara marble you see, comes from here! Talk about completely getting off the track of cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Toniprev - that's sounds great - this is going in the memory banks.

We went to Italy in 1990 to visit my DH relo's and it was HOT HOT HOT. One of his cousins took us down to (sp?) Porto Levante and it was choc-ful of mozzies!!! I have a bad reaction to mozzie bites so I just looked "BEWDIFOOL"

icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%