Calling All Aussies!!

Decorating By gingerkitten79 Updated 16 May 2013 , 10:35pm by derbyfour

LiliS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiliS Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:20am
post #271 of 1030

I look like death warmed up and sound like a drrag queen. My DH stayed home to look after the kids and is upstairs shaking from the effort. Sometimes men just cant cope icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Deani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deani Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:22am
post #272 of 1030

Just popped in to add my G'day. Now I am going to start reading the thread from the beginning. Will take a while.

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:22am
post #273 of 1030

AHAHAHA! What a wuss! See if he can make the cake on saturday!

martyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martyz Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:23am
post #274 of 1030

Hi Franjmc, my parents-in-law live in Warranwood. What a small world!

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:29am
post #275 of 1030

My husband is amazing with the children... and spends time playing with them every night after he comes home from work... but if I suggest leaving them with him for a day or even a few hours he goes into a panic.. and finishes up soooo stressed just at the thought. Forget it when he is sick too... my god you would think he was dying from a mysterious infectious disease!!! He moans and groans on the couch and one day I just asked him if all that noise was really necessary. In Melbourne I was a nurse, so he expected to marry someone sooo sympathetic ... it is probably why I am not sympathetic during bouts of cold & flu. Anyway..... I am really enjoying chatting to fellow Australians!!!!! Thanks for keeping CC more entertaining.

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:55am
post #276 of 1030

Ok, this photo is a year old but I can't find any others - my hair is longer now
LL

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:56am
post #277 of 1030

Nicole, nice to put a face to all your fab cakes icon_biggrin.gif

Toniprev Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toniprev Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 2:33pm
post #278 of 1030

It's nice to see faces to people we feel familiar with through their cakes!! I am pretty impressed that from one message to the next I have become a 'Junior member'!!!

Also finally understand that every photo I am trying to 'upload' is too big... that is why I can't seem to do it!!!!!

I assume you are all sleeping now.... so I will come back tomorrow to see what else has been written.

Back to boob conversation... I did do a boob cake, but they are not saggy... look like they have come straight out of the plastic surgeon... I had to post them on the naughty page though because some nipple is showing!!! Conservative americans!!! has anyone ever looked at those galleries??? A few are really well done.... most are quite disgusting and I am not at all a prude. What do you all think????? ok.... a domani.........

maria892 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maria892 Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 9:52pm
post #279 of 1030

Jules - bad luck - worth a try anyway.

Toniprev - you are making me very envious at the moment and so wanna GO somewhere.

Can't stay and play today. My mum was taken to hospital with a mild stroke yesterday arvo. stayed there till 8pm. I am an hour away from her. Going there today to monitor her progress.

See ya wheneva.

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:02pm
post #280 of 1030

Good gosh maria, that's not good, sending all our happy thoughts and support, hope your mum is OK.

x

YanaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YanaK Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:08pm
post #281 of 1030

cherylweddingplanner,
jules06

Thanks for the compliments girls!!!!!!!!!!

cherylweddingplanner,

The Xmas trees are quite simple as far as you make planty of spares icon_lol.gif You make 1 piece of whole panel and 2 pieces of half panels. Then you RI the halfs to the whole. If that makes any sense that's how it was done icon_smile.gif

maria892,

Best of luck for your Mom!

OzCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OzCookie Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:22pm
post #282 of 1030

LiliS and Gingerkitten - (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))
and get well soon!!

All you Melbournians - let us know the date and maybe we Sydneysiders can join you - any excuse to get to Melbourne!

And, don't you just love the Dads that collapse after a couple of hours with the kids ?! My favourite is when the stay-at-home mums get envied because "they don't have to work!!!" icon_confused.gif

My kids are now 18 and 20 (told you I was old! and there'll be no cleavage shots of me anytime soon!), but I still remember the "good old days" when I was "only" working part-time. My DD was a diver (National team), so the usual schedule was drive her to school by 8, get to work, leave work by 2:30 (no lunch, of course) pick her up from school, drive for an hour to Homebush, sit around for 2-3 hours (too far to get home and back), drive her home, spend time with DS, help with homework 'coz she was so tired, then get told off for not picking HIS suit up from the dry-cleaner, 'coz I was ONLY WORKING PART-TIME! (Of course, he only tried this once - but he is recovering nicely, thank you!) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

nicolevoorhout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolevoorhout Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 10:33pm
post #283 of 1030

Hey Ozcookie, I'm not far from Homebush actually it's almost my backyard, where are you? Oh come one your never to old to show cleavage!

When I was little my mum's best friend died from breast cancer, my mum was always a bit of a bigger lady PARTICULARLY in the chest department and pretty much told my mum on her deathbed that she should be loud and proud of her bossom! Ironically I lost my mum to breast cancer a little of 3 years ago, so those words ring in my ears whenever I'm jiggling about!

So frankly you are never to old, you don't have to flash em, cleavage can be tasteful too! icon_biggrin.gif

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:38pm
post #284 of 1030

LiliS and gingerkitten9* I hope you both get well soon, and anyone else who has that darn flu. It went through all of us and I have never felt so sick. all better now though.

Maria892
* Best wishes to you and your mum and Ii hope she is well soon.(((HUGS)))

Nicholevoorhout
* Sorry to hear about your mum. I think that all women should have free mammograms no matter what age they are. I have had to have a couple as I found lumps, but luckily they were nothing. Although it is in our family.

ok now to something different. My hubby and son decided to make me a cake for my birthday the other day, and let me just say they tried. They made a pav and it looked more like a pancake and then my son (6) put some decorations on it, with a little help from dad. They just used some roses that I had made and had laying around. the best cake and laugh I've had for a while. here is a pic
LL

YanaK Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:49pm
post #285 of 1030

Wow, Kelli. They did a wonderful job! Very color coordinated too. Pavlovas are not easy to decorate! .. and belated Happy Birthday to you! I have just checked your birth date it was indeed 2 days ago! icon_smile.gif

RICKASH Posted 27 Sep 2007 , 11:56pm
post #286 of 1030

Thanks YanaK I was very proud of them.

LiliS Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 1:26am
post #287 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzCookie

And, don't you just love the Dads that collapse after a couple of hours with the kids ?! My favourite is when the stay-at-home mums get envied because "they don't have to work!!!" icon_confused.gif

To be brutally honest, I sometimes dream about going back to work fulltime so I can drink a cup of coffee that's boiling hot in one sitting, so I can eat my lunch in my lunch hour, so I dont have to talk to anyone if I dont want to.... being a fulltime mum is the HARDEST (and most fulfilling) job in the world.

DH used to want to stay home with the kids while I went to work, but after spending half a day looking after DD in the early months, he quickly changed his mind. He thought he could play playstation and go to the park and just have fun. NEver mind the endless baskets of laundry, the nappy changes, the meals and housework that need to be done.. oh yeah, he thought I would still do that. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif I THINK NOT!!!

LiliS Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 1:28am
post #288 of 1030

Maria, hope your mum is better soon sweetie.

To everyone else out there with the dreaded flu... hugs to you all, hope we are all fit and healthy soon!! BRING ON SPRING/SUMMER!!

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 1:42am
post #289 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzCookie

To be brutally honest, I sometimes dream about going back to work fulltime so I can drink a cup of coffee that's boiling hot in one sitting, so I can eat my lunch in my lunch hour, so I dont have to talk to anyone if I dont want to.... being a fulltime mum is the HARDEST (and most fulfilling) job in the world.

DH used to want to stay home with the kids while I went to work, but after spending half a day looking after DD in the early months, he quickly changed his mind. He thought he could play playstation and go to the park and just have fun. NEver mind the endless baskets of laundry, the nappy changes, the meals and housework that need to be done.. oh yeah, he thought I would still do that. icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif I THINK NOT!!!

Oh yep. My friend at swimming said her Teacher husband who has the school holidays off t the moment went out and got 5 dvds and she asked what are he was doing? (she has a 3 month old and a 4 year old)
He said I'm having the day off and going to watch these movies. lol so she said fine then the next day she left him with the kids to get some stuff from the shops and ducked into maccas for a quiet coffee and when she got back he asked what took so long. LOL
I made cupcakes for my partner for work and one lady asked him were he got them from and he said me and she asked where I found the time and he said "She doesn't work" icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif She tore strips off him in a funny way.. She has 4 kids and has the house and you and you think she doesn't work. LOLOLOL
And as for sick..

franjmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
franjmc Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 2:05am
post #290 of 1030

Well I'm definitely up for catching up with you lot, including those lovelies from Sydney and anywhere else in Oz!

YanaK Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 2:08am
post #291 of 1030

Oh, ladies! You made my day!

We do not have kids, but I work full time, plus do AVON part time and the house work naturally. Then I do my cakes with anticipation Then my DH works 2 hours every morning, does shopping and some work around the house and prepares a list of things do to when I come from work. Like Hello, why couldnt you do that if you consider that necessary????? How many times I wanted a swap!!!!!!!!! Can't do that unfortunately. Every time I sit down and pull out my cake decorating gear, here come sour face and the list of things to do. Dont you love when you are told by your DH what you should do?!

YanaK Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 2:12am
post #292 of 1030

Fran, BTW, I fall in LOVE with your Madhatter at PlanetCakes! And thanks a lot for the inspiration from your navy blue & snowflakes cake from your gallery! I put the idea into my miniature Xmas cakes and everyone loves those snowflakes!

franjmc Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 2:24am
post #293 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanaK

Fran, BTW, I fall in LOVE with your Madhatter at PlanetCakes! And thanks a lot for the inspiration from your navy blue & snowflakes cake from your gallery! I put the idea into my miniature Xmas cakes and everyone loves those snowflakes!

Oh that's so nice of you icon_redface.gif I liked that cake too, unfortunately I've had to stop posting my cakes on Cake Central because too many of them are winding up on other people's websites, and I've just had enough, but if any of you gals want to see anything, most of my cakes get put onto my website www.cakesbyfrancesca.com.au

YanaK Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 2:30am
post #294 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by franjmc

unfortunately I've had to stop posting my cakes on Cake Central because too many of them are winding up on other people's websites, and I've just had enough, but if any of you gals want to see anything, most of my cakes get put onto my website www.cakesbyfrancesca.com.au

That just proves how good you are! My photos are not that flash and I do not make killer cakes yet icon_lol.gif to get worried, but yes it does make you mad when you see someone elses cake on another persons website. icon_mad.gif
I've been to your site too thumbs_up.gif

RICKASH Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 3:52am
post #295 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by franjmc

unfortunately I've had to stop posting my cakes on Cake Central because too many of them are winding up on other people's websites, and I've just had enough, but if any of you gals want to see anything, most of my cakes get put onto my website www.cakesbyfrancesca.com.au

Fran I love you cakes and visit your website often. I think all of your cakes are awesome especially your madhatter ones.

LiliS Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 6:00am
post #296 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanaK

Oh, ladies! You made my day!

We do not have kids, but I work full time, plus do AVON part time and the house work naturally. Then I do my cakes with anticipation Then my DH works 2 hours every morning, does shopping and some work around the house and prepares a list of things do to when I come from work. Like Hello, why couldnt you do that if you consider that necessary????? How many times I wanted a swap!!!!!!!!! Can't do that unfortunately. Every time I sit down and pull out my cake decorating gear, here come sour face and the list of things to do. Dont you love when you are told by your DH what you should do?!

DH once suggested I NOT do cakes because I am taking on too much. No darling, you fold the clothes, I'm baking.

LiliS Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 6:02am
post #297 of 1030

wow Fran, I just went and took a look at your sight icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif . I am so embarassed at my stuff in comparison icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Your mad hatter is amazing. I did my first one a few weeks agi, first time mad hatter, first time fondant, first time roses & bows. It turned out ok, everyone was impressed... but then I see your and I have a lllooooooooooooooong way to go!

yassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yassy Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 6:06am
post #298 of 1030

Fran, l think we need to call you the queen of the mad hatters!! Your work is sensational!! thumbs_up.gif

LiliS Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 6:59am
post #299 of 1030

Question....

Does anyone know where I can get a clay extruder or sugarpaste gun for modelling????? Anyone???

Much appreciated!

franjmc Posted 28 Sep 2007 , 7:17am
post #300 of 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiliS

Question....

Does anyone know where I can get a clay extruder or sugarpaste gun for modelling????? Anyone???

Much appreciated!

You can get them from Cake Deco in the city and from Caroline's Sugar art in SA. If you have an ABN Caroline's will let you buy from them wholesale, which is considerably cheaper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%