Operation: Weight Loss Motivation

Lounge By mmdd Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:18pm by Anna31

Nyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyma Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 7:51pm
post #2431 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs4492

Thanks for sharing the Medifast and Nutrisystem ideas/stories! Good luck with your continuing weight loss!! thumbs_up.gif

Nyma: ".... weight battle..."!! icon_lol.gif Understatement!! icon_lol.gif Flat out WAR!

Completely agree!!!

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 7:53pm
post #2432 of 2466

Off the subject, but are you watching the storm also?

Nyma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nyma Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 7:59pm
post #2433 of 2466

It should affect the south part of TX, Thankfully I'm up north, close to WACO. I've hear that it is a tropical depression now..... so hopefully it won't cause so many damages.

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 8:03pm
post #2434 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhopar33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyma

Hey, you just got me motivated!! I'm a big eater (I admit! icon_redface.gif ) and that's part of the reason why I went with Nutrisystem but hey, if I can handle nutrisystem for a month maybe I can go with medifast after that just to get thing moving faster.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with me!

I definitely wanted to share this because I know how weight loss can be a struggle for so many people. My biggest problem was that it would take sooo long to get the weight off that I would oftentimes lose interest. If you do decide to go with Medifast after your month on Nutrisystem, be sure to PM me. I'd love to tell you what tastes best and what to avoid. Keep me posted!!!

Rhonda

Rhonda
Please PM me what is good and wat is not on Medifast. I am interested. Not sure yet still looking at all of the weight loss assisters to decide what I want to try.
Thanks
Michelle

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:27am
post #2435 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna31

Jesse,

No, I haven't. DH is gone too much. Maybe some day I'll get to go in. I know I just need to call and make an appt. and hope I can get there.

Good to hear from you again!! Glad you have your internet back!!! Don't know how I would live with out my computer!! icon_lol.gif How are you doing with the Sugar Busters diet? Are you still doing it? How much have you lost now?

Anna

Sorry Anna, I stopped getting replies. icon_mad.gif

It's going pretty good, so far I've lost 27 pounds! I actually had to buy some smaller pants because mine were too big!! It feels so good to say that! I actually don't really feel like I'm on a diet, I just make sure I have the food I can eat all the time. I've got 43 more pounds to go though... icon_rolleyes.gif I just really hope I can do it.

How are you doing?

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 9:52pm
post #2436 of 2466

Hey!
I just wanted to check in & say hello to everyone!! icon_smile.gif I've been horrible at coming to check in for awhile now. Sorry! I've maintained all summer which I'm very surprised about BUT thankful!! School started Aug 8th so I've been sweating my @$$ off on the school bus every day so that is helping me to maintain. I did lose 1 lb last week from all the sweating! icon_wink.gif I am trying sooo hard to get motivated to go to the gym but I am just not getting enough sleep so I'm going back to bed after my morning bus route icon_sad.gif Everyone in my house has different schedules & it's screwing up mine. I've got to break myself going back to bed & get to the gym! I'll try harder!! Hopefully Monday will be better! icon_smile.gif

Hope everyone else is doing good!! Keep up the wonderful work!!! ~TC~

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 3 Sep 2007 , 10:11pm
post #2437 of 2466

Hi Everyone, it's been awhile since I was on here. I've had a terribly painful bunion on my right foot for over a year so I haven't been exercising. I had it removed last week and it's healing great. I can't wait to get back to exercising. I've put on so much weight and I feel horrible. Thanks for posting all the diet info, I definitely need some help to get started again. I was thinking of Nutrisystem, but I'm going to read up on Medifast, too.

mjs4492 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 9:30pm
post #2438 of 2466

Well, I went ahead and ordered the 4 week Medifast for women today! It's the 5 in 1 plan.
Ropar: you were a huge help! You motivated me to go ahead and try it.

I have my 30 year class reunion the first weekend of October and would really like to drop 10-15 pounds by then. I don't want to seem greedy but more would also be nice..... I figure I'll get the Medifast the first of next week and will have 3.5 weeks until the reunion.

Thanks Rhonda! thumbs_up.gif

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 4 Sep 2007 , 10:11pm
post #2439 of 2466
Quote:

Well, I went ahead and ordered the 4 week Medifast for women today! It's the 5 in 1 plan.
Ropar: you were a huge help! You motivated me to go ahead and try it.

I have my 30 year class reunion the first weekend of October and would really like to drop 10-15 pounds by then. I don't want to seem greedy but more would also be nice..... I figure I'll get the Medifast the first of next week and will have 3.5 weeks until the reunion.

Thanks Rhonda! thumbs_up.gif

Trust me, you won't be disappointed. I have now lost 30 pounds and I have 14 pounds to go. Three of the teachers at my school have already ordered Medifast and my Principal is getting ready to order it, too! All I can say is it really does work.

Be sure to let me know how you do with it. You should definitely lose 10-15 pounds by the reunion.

Good luck!

mjs4492 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 12:18am
post #2440 of 2466

icon_lol.gif Gosh, I hope so!!

I'm trying to get online on the Medifast website and can't get a code from them icon_cry.gif (I ordered over the phone instead of online)
I'll keep ya'll posted!

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 12:24am
post #2441 of 2466

Is there anyone who's done Medifast and maintained long term?

rhopar33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhopar33 Posted 5 Sep 2007 , 1:33am
post #2442 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckkerber

Is there anyone who's done Medifast and maintained long term?

I don't know yet, but the one thing I know is I will definitely follow the plan as outlined. In the past, I've been guilty of losing the amount of weight I wanted, then I would go back to my old eating habits. With Medifast they put you on a transition plan after you reached your desired goal. The transition plan requires you to continue on Medifast for an additional 8 weeks but each week you reintroduce a food group back into your diet. As you reintroduce food groups back into your diet, you decrease the amount of Medifast meals you eat in a day. I assume the object is to slowly "ween" yourself allowing for your system to get re-adjusted. I have 14 pounds to go for my goal and I will definitely keep everyone posted!

Rhonda

mjs4492 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 5:20pm
post #2443 of 2466

Rhonda:
Medifast called this morning to let me know my order was on the way. I've got a couple of questions when you have time:

1. I'm not used to eating 5-6 times a day! A little scared of gaining weight?!

2. The literature that I read on their site discourages frozen veggies. I eat the Jolly Green Giant one's as a dinner sometimes..... But I did go and buy a steamer at Walmart a couple of days ago. I love veggies and could very easily be a vegetarian.

3. I read the list's on the site and couldn't find which fruits to stay away from. Grapes (red) are a downfall for me. I also love apples.

4. Are there instructions included with my order for a daily example of how to do this? I noticed not to eat a "snack" and a "bar" on the same day. I thought they were "snack bars"?

As you might can tell I'm a bit anxious to try this. Eating that much a day is bothering me some as I mentioned.

Thanks!
Margaret

Anna31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anna31 Posted 6 Sep 2007 , 9:15pm
post #2444 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavacakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna31

Jesse,

No, I haven't. DH is gone too much. Maybe some day I'll get to go in. I know I just need to call and make an appt. and hope I can get there.

Good to hear from you again!! Glad you have your internet back!!! Don't know how I would live with out my computer!! icon_lol.gif How are you doing with the Sugar Busters diet? Are you still doing it? How much have you lost now?

Anna

Sorry Anna, I stopped getting replies. icon_mad.gif

It's going pretty good, so far I've lost 27 pounds! I actually had to buy some smaller pants because mine were too big!! It feels so good to say that! I actually don't really feel like I'm on a diet, I just make sure I have the food I can eat all the time. I've got 43 more pounds to go though... icon_rolleyes.gif I just really hope I can do it.

How are you doing?

Hey Flava! I have been thinking about you wondering how you are! Seems like it's been a long time! I was glad to see that this thread was being picked up again. It kind of stopped for a while. Anyway, a great big whopping congrats on your weight loss!!! Wowza!!! thumbs_up.gif You're doing awesome! It's got to feel good to HAVE to go shopping!! icon_smile.gif

I'm doing the same as I was before. I'm stuck at the brick wall. I've gotten down to 173.0 last week and no matter what I did, it would not go below that. So this week I'm back in the 174.?. I have finally made a few Dr. appts. I really need to get some blood work done and see if there is some medical reason why I cant lose weight. My hair has been falling out to so am worried about my thyroid and hormones. One appt. is next week, the other is the end of the month. I've been working out like crazy and can tell a difference in my body but the scale isn't moving. I've lost an inch around my waist, now 36". So I feel good about the fact that I am at least seeing some results from all my dedication. But I'm concerned. Hopefully I'll have some answers soon! icon_confused.gif

Anna

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 7:18pm
post #2445 of 2466

I'm trying to lose weight, too. I have lost 28 pounds so far. I am using a diet from my pulmonary doctor. I diet 3 days and eat normal for 4 days. My whole family (3 people) are dieting and losing weight. That does make it easier. I still have a hundred pounds to lose so I am ready for the long haul. I am looking forward to having a lot less of me to worry about. LOL!!!!

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 8 Sep 2007 , 7:19pm
post #2446 of 2466

Oophs! I need to update my weightloss counter.

mjs4492 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 12:31am
post #2447 of 2466

Anna:
Hope all goes well next week with the appts! I am a true believer that stress has a lot to do with weight loss - either losing or not losing or plateauing out! I also wonder if that's affecting your hair loss? Definitely sounds like your not having too much fun right now.

I begin the Medifast plan next Weds. Have to get Joel (my husband) back to work first! icon_lol.gif I'm a bit apprehensive about Medifast but I'm going to see if it will give me that "kick start" I need!

TC: what happened to our Saints the other night?! icon_cry.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 4:29pm
post #2448 of 2466

I'M BACK!!!
It's been a long time since I've been on this thread since my health went downhill after my move into a new place.
Well, after having a really bad depression day yesterday I decided I can't sit back and take it easy any more. (I had my doctor tell me that I needed to take it easy.) Starting today I am going to slowly work up my work out routine again.
I'm been floating between 143 and 145 lbs, but I need to get down to my goal weight.
Exercising was helping with my depression and since I haven't been exercising on a regular basis for over a month I've really noticed a change in my mood, and thinking patterns, and quite frankly it's scaring me and I know it's not good how I've been feeling.
So starting tonight I will be exercising again while my son is at Tae Kwon Do. I'm not going to go balls out in the exercise, but at least 15 minutes on the elliptical machine and maybe some stomach exercises.
I'm going to start 1 day a week with exercise, and then increase it slowly so I don't wear myself out completely.
Life is extremely busy for me now that my son is in school again.
But I'm proud to say that after 3 1/2 months he passed his first belt testing and it now a yellow belt. I'm so proud of him!
Also, I got a 'Most Supportive Family' trophy for all the hard work I've done with him. I usually take him to his classes (especially now that I'm husband went back to school 2 nights a wekk) and I am also the one that practices with him a lot! It felt good being appreciated for doing the hard work that all us Mommies do!
I've been making sure to eat oatmeal almost every day I work, so 4-5 days a week I eat oatmeal for breakfast. I noticed a difference right away when I started doing that.
Well, I gotta go..but I just wanted to check-up with everyone...I had dig for this thread since I've been off of CC for at least a month due to work, health constraints, and time constraints. Hate to see this supportive thread die off. icon_sad.gif

m0use Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 4:35pm
post #2449 of 2466

I'M BACK!!!
It's been a long time since I've been on this thread since my health went downhill after my move into a new place.
Well, after having a really bad depression day yesterday I decided I can't sit back and take it easy any more. (I had my doctor tell me that I needed to take it easy.) Starting today I am going to slowly work up my work out routine again.
I'm been floating between 143 and 145 lbs, but I need to get down to my goal weight.
Exercising was helping with my depression and since I haven't been exercising on a regular basis for over a month I've really noticed a change in my mood, and thinking patterns, and quite frankly it's scaring me and I know it's not good how I've been feeling.
So starting tonight I will be exercising again while my son is at Tae Kwon Do. I'm not going to go balls out in the exercise, but at least 15 minutes on the elliptical machine and maybe some stomach exercises.
I'm going to start 1 day a week with exercise, and then increase it slowly so I don't wear myself out completely.
Life is extremely busy for me now that my son is in school again.
But I'm proud to say that after 3 1/2 months he passed his first belt testing and it now a yellow belt. I'm so proud of him!
Also, I got a 'Most Supportive Family' trophy for all the hard work I've done with him. I usually take him to his classes (especially now that I'm husband went back to school 2 nights a wekk) and I am also the one that practices with him a lot! It felt good being appreciated for doing the hard work that all us Mommies do!
I've been making sure to eat oatmeal almost every day I work, so 4-5 days a week I eat oatmeal for breakfast. I noticed a difference right away when I started doing that.
Well, I gotta go..but I just wanted to check-up with everyone...I had dig for this thread since I've been off of CC for at least a month due to work, health constraints, and time constraints. Hate to see this supportive thread die off. icon_sad.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 5:16pm
post #2450 of 2466

Mouse, great minds must think alike! I finally started back to walking last week. I've got 6 days (and 12 miles) under my belt. 15 more days until it becomes a habit again. Some days it is hard to find time to walk, but I'm not giving up.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

mjs4492 Posted 24 Sep 2007 , 11:14pm
post #2451 of 2466

I'm guilty of not being around much either. icon_redface.gif I believe walking is a key to stress relief, weight loss and time to think about things we want to think about!

Since Tuesday, Sept 11, two weeks tomorrow, I've lost 7 pounds. I did start the MediFast plan and I believe it has gotten me back into better eating habits and was the "boost" that I personally needed. Thank you again Rhopar for mentioning it in your posts.
I also walk my dog, Toby, twice a day around our 10 acres. And even though it only takes 10-15 minutes each time, I think that's a big part of why my jeans were loose today! And Toby enjoys chasing the horses and cows too. Just wish they weren't the neighbors'!! icon_lol.gif

I wish everyone the very best with your weight goals!! I also enjoy reading that I'm not the only one out there trying. It's this "life thing" that always seems to get in the way!!

tcturtleshell Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:22am
post #2452 of 2466

Hope you are feeling much better soon m0use! And for everyone else we gotta get back into our routines! I'm gonna TRY! I did have good intentions last week...

I bought an elliptical. I bought it from Sears. Had Sears put it together (free). Before buying it I asked them why the floor model was so rickety. They said it wasn't put together right & assured me that the one I bought would be sturdy. Well they were wrong. I worked out all of 2 min & had to get off of the darn thing. It felt like it was going to fall over. So DH & I brought it back the next day & spent the money on home decor! icon_smile.gif I needed new curtains anyway! LOL!!

This week our schedules are all crazy but DH & I plan on getting back to the gym on Sat! No more messing around. I gained 4 lbs over the summer & I'm not happy with that at all. I guess it's all those Frosty's! icon_sad.gif

I'm going to try guys! I need a push so lets get to it!! icon_smile.gif

m0use Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 2:05pm
post #2453 of 2466

I worked out last night and felt GREAT afterwards!
I did 60 crunchers on an ab roller, 20 reverse push-ups, and 10 minutes on a stair stepper machine.
I woke up with more energy this morning than I have in a long time, and my attitude is way better. Also my body was toner looking from the exercise, I was very glad I decided to work out last night.
I'm hoping that I can get down to the 130's by the end of October.

mjs4492 Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 7:00pm
post #2454 of 2466

TC: 4 pounds isn't really that bad!

What kind/type of exercises do ya'll do at the gym? I read your's Mouse and I've never been to a gym and don't really know what to do.... I imagine the treadmill would be helpful but what else? There are only 2 gyms here and it's not cheap! And I'm wondering if 2 days a week (at first) is enough?
I can't get any of my friends to go with me to the gym that's why I say 2 days a week to start with until I feel comfortable going by myself and meet others there.

TexasSugar Posted 25 Sep 2007 , 7:14pm
post #2455 of 2466

mjs4492, gyms scare me personally. icon_smile.gif I'm not one for liking to do things alone either. Thankfully my parent's have a treadmill that I borrow.

I think two days a week is good to get you started. Just think of it in the terms of it is two more than none. It isn't about working out every day if you can't, but it is about getting your body moving so you can burn those calories, speed up your metabolism and work up building up muslces.

Mouse, I'm glad the exercise did you good!!

And TC... girl get you butt moving. icon_wink.gif

m0use Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 1:19am
post #2456 of 2466

I didn't do much else for exercising the rest of the week after Monday, I got sick with something during the week and just took it easy. But tomorrow I take my son to tae kwon do again, so I will work out again while he is in class. (After I see the next thing he will be learning on his belt progression since he earned a tape on his belt recognizing a skill he learned.)

tcturtleshell Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 10:59am
post #2457 of 2466

I'm trying TXS!! I hate working out alone too! It's so boring!! I have 2 field trips to drive for this week so hopefully in the down time I can go workout. I hope!

mjs4492 Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 12:53pm
post #2458 of 2466

As you told me TC, walking is great!!

I increased my daily walks with Toby to once in the morning plus in the evenings. I've lost inches in my legs and I believe it has so much to do with the walking!
Last night I tried on my "skinny" jeans and they fit! Tight but I got in them! icon_lol.gif (if I do some leg bends they'd be wearable in public) 2 weeks ago I couldn't even button them. It has to be the walking!

I've lost 9 pounds now also. 11 more to go.....

tcturtleshell Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 5:24pm
post #2459 of 2466
Quote:

As you told me TC, walking is great!!

I increased my daily walks with Toby to once in the morning plus in the evenings. I've lost inches in my legs and I believe it has so much to do with the walking!
Last night I tried on my "skinny" jeans and they fit! Tight but I got in them! icon_lol.gif (if I do some leg bends they'd be wearable in public) 2 weeks ago I couldn't even button them. It has to be the walking!

I've lost 9 pounds now also. 11 more to go.....

Yeah!!! party.gif Good for you!!! Be proud of yourself!! They say that every 10 lbs you lose you lose a dress size. That was true with me. Congratulations!! thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Posted 1 Oct 2007 , 5:34pm
post #2460 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

I'm trying TXS!! I hate working out alone too! It's so boring!! I have 2 field trips to drive for this week so hopefully in the down time I can go workout. I hope!

I totally understand TC, working out alone is hard to do. It's getting easier for me to get on the treadmill. I've almost made 2 straight weeks of walking, so I'm more willing to do it now so I don't ruin it.

I'm going to see if I can find something kind of work outs I can do at home. icon_smile.gif

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%