Post Your Worst Cake!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 23 Aug 2018 , 10:59pm by kakeladi

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 9:50pm
post #901 of 1303

I just made a cake, just perfect for this forum!!!! I tried making the Dream Doll House Cake in Wilton's Celebrate With Fondant book, but I didn't have the house pan, so I baked square cakes and stacked them with buttercream, then followed the directions. it looked beautiful last night, but I wanted to finish putting on the decorations today, and it was bending backwards, and the roof decorations had slid off. And I thought 2 dowels would be enough to hold it up, i guess not... When i tried making it stand up, it just looked worse, so instead of trying really hard, and getting really mad, i just laughed about it. The friend i made it for will be visiting me tomorrow, so instead of sending it over today, i will show it to her and then we'll eat it for dessert!! ( i ate the scraps, i know it's delish) will post the picture as soon as i get one.

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 10:12pm
post #902 of 1303

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a horrible Cinderella cake. Darn that stupid character pan!!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=LNW&cat=0&pos=14

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 11:01pm
post #903 of 1303

She actually turned out pretty good......ummm.........except, what happend to her nose? icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

elaine462 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elaine462 Posted 1 Sep 2006 , 11:51pm
post #904 of 1303

well, here is my first try at modeling fondant, was triing to make a cute little mouse, ended up with a rat on steroids, arghhhhh

midgit1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midgit1205 Posted 2 Sep 2006 , 2:13am
post #905 of 1303

LOL!!! I am officially hooked to this site!!!! I have thorougly enjoyed reading and looking at everyones posts, unfortunately I don't have a worst cake to post yet. But that is because I haven't really made any!!! (Only 2 mos into this but completely addicted!!) Be on the lookout - I am sure there will be one shortly!!

I do have to say that this thread has increased by self confidence. It is nice to know that even the best of the best have bad days too!! icon_lol.gif

gailsgoodies Posted 2 Sep 2006 , 2:43am
post #906 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine462

well, here is my first try at modeling fondant, was triing to make a cute little mouse, ended up with a rat on steroids, arghhhhh

Hey! I don't see any picture...did you forget to attach it? Or did the "rat on steroids" run away?! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

elaine462 Posted 2 Sep 2006 , 3:38am
post #907 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailsgoodies

Quote:

Hey! I don't see any picture...did you forget to attach it? Or did the "rat on steroids" run away?! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

it keeps saying my picture is too big, wont let me put it on, i really wanted you all to see it too, lol

elaine462 Posted 2 Sep 2006 , 3:46am
post #908 of 1303

well ill try one more time to show my mighty mouse icon_lol.gif
LL

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 2 Sep 2006 , 4:28am
post #909 of 1303

You guys are cracking me up! This is an awesome thread! Something's wrong with my computer so I can't transfer pictures for some reason but soon as I figure it out I'll post mine.

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 2 Sep 2006 , 6:50am
post #910 of 1303

It is now 11:48pm california time, don't know when I started reading this thread, got to go to bed, thank god I am at the end. Thank you for the laughs. I will dream of giant cocaine booties and evil clowns and lordy, lordy, laurie turning 40. To funny!!!

gailsgoodies Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 3:22am
post #911 of 1303
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailsgoodies

Quote:

it keeps saying my picture is too big, wont let me put it on, i really wanted you all to see it too, lol

HOLY MOLY, what a MOUSE!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif And I JUST got over having nightmares about the CLOWN!!! icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

fourangelsmommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fourangelsmommie Posted 3 Sep 2006 , 6:25am
post #912 of 1303

Hey! Is that my hubby wearing a mouse costume? Sure looks like his belly! icon_lol.gif

It's gonna look like my belly if I don't stop 'taste testing' every batch of bc icing I make up and go back to Curves soon. icon_rolleyes.gif

pammelasue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pammelasue Posted 11 Sep 2006 , 9:05pm
post #913 of 1303

Here's mine. My first cupcake cake (loved that) and my first FBCT. The transfer went great till I got to the bottom of the picture where there was a lot of black...it decided to stick to the wax paper....aaarrrgggghhhhhh! You can see where I had to fill in the black afterwards. icon_cry.gif And if that wasn't frustrating enough, you'd think I'd try to make the transfer smaller than the cake right? Nope! So there are a couple places (some more obvious than others) where the transfer hung over the edges and then just fell off where there was no cupcake underneath. Looks like I'll just have to try again!
LL

CakeTopper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeTopper Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 5:11am
post #914 of 1303

Pamelasue, that is an awesome FBCT. You did an incredible job. I actually think the stuck icing gives a bit of texture to the rocks in that part of the picture. Maybe you should have made more texture? Anyway, what a really neat design.

pammelasue Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 1:28pm
post #915 of 1303

Awww thanks Cake Topper icon_redface.gif I'll have to try that next time...make it look like it's supposed to be that way!
Pam

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 3:20pm
post #916 of 1303

Ok, I'm sure there will be another "worst cake" from my efforts and I will take a photo and post it.

FUN! A good laugh.

bearlylady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearlylady Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 3:31pm
post #917 of 1303

my worst cake was this saturday fora wedding -- the icing slid off the cake then when I finnally got it done it fell over(none hit the floor) the damn thing looked ugly thank goodness the bride was beautiful cause everyone was looking at her --I ended up just cuttingup the whole thing--the first time I enjoyed cuting up my cakes icon_sad.gif never got a picture and don 't want one
either

madicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madicakes Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 9:37pm
post #918 of 1303

Okay, this is so far my worst. Took the picture before I fixed the color on the cheeks. The entire top is a FBCT that gave me a heck of a time. Somehow I miscalculated the size and ended up with the transfer being much larger than the cake. Had to trim off the edges, so I lost a lot of the picture. The colors smeared. It was a mess! This came from an illustration in one of my daughters' story books. I would love to try it again when I have more time and can concentrate on the cake ONLY!
LL

pammelasue Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 12:14am
post #919 of 1303

Oooooohhhh hcromwell, that is the cutest cake!!! If that is your worst I'll have to go check out some of your good ones! The same thing happened to me, FBCT bigger than the cake...I had a blonde moment. icon_rolleyes.gif
Pam

kstgelais4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstgelais4 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 4:57pm
post #920 of 1303

I wasn't going to post my "cake" but I thought what the heck? I'll be a good sport. lol. My dh aske d me whay I was making an "ugly hat cake" when I was doing this one. It was supposed to be a practice at a bridal shower cake I was going to be doing later in the month. It was my 1st time at stacking, 1st time at fondant, and 1st time at making a bow. You can tell it was my first at all 3. HA! I also used a 2" high oval pan for the top layers and a 1" high round pan for the bottom layers, and it looked ridiculous.

I couldn't get my pic to post in this thread, so here's the link!
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-65711
Kelly

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 5:09pm
post #921 of 1303

The only thing wrong with that cake Kelly, is that it doesn't look like a hat. If you don't tell people it's a hat, it's cute!

kstgelais4 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 5:44pm
post #922 of 1303

It wasn't supposed to look like a hat. lol... that's just what my dh thought it was. He's a ding a ling anyway. lol. Thank you for your compliment anyway icon_biggrin.gif
Kelly

pammelasue Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 6:01pm
post #923 of 1303

Kelly,
I like your bow! I have yet to try a bow (I'm chicken) but I think your cake looks nice. Hubbys can be so "supportive" sometimes, can't they? LOL
Pam

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 6:09pm
post #924 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstgelais4

It wasn't supposed to look like a hat. lol... that's just what my dh thought it was. He's a ding a ling anyway. lol. Thank you for your compliment anyway icon_biggrin.gif
Kelly

OH!!! I thought you were trying to make a hat and he just thought it was ugly!! Silly me! icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, he is just trying to convince you that it's no good so he can eat it! Let him know you're on to his little game and it won't work! icon_lol.gif

kstgelais4 Posted 13 Sep 2006 , 7:19pm
post #925 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

OH!!! I thought you were trying to make a hat and he just thought it was ugly!! Silly me! icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, he is just trying to convince you that it's no good so he can eat it! Let him know you're on to his little game and it won't work! icon_lol.gif

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif I've been on to his plan for a while. lol. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

cakekim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakekim Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:17pm
post #926 of 1303

This is the funniest forum yet! LOL! I made the most dry and tasteless red velvet cake possible. And to top it all off, the royal icing melted on me. Keep in mind when looking at the photo that I did not, I repeat DID NOT decorate the sides of the cake. This looks like a blowfish. LOL!
LL

pammelasue Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:29pm
post #927 of 1303

cakekim,
I love the blowfish cake! Could also be a pineapple if you planted some nice spikey greens on top! icon_lol.gif
Pam

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 5:06am
post #928 of 1303

I've had a few disasters, but was too mortified to think of taking a picture. I guess I thought the experience was bad enough, I didn't really want the reminder. icon_smile.gif I did a race car for my son and didn't let the cake cool completely before frosting it. This was one of my first attempts at decorating something beyond sprinkles. A couple hours after it was done, I walked in the kitchen and the cake was naked and the melted buttercream was dripping down the cupboards! I also did a Bob the Builder cake for my son once and really spent a lot of time on it. I got up on Sunday morning to show him before the party and couldn't find the cake--just a million ants swarming around! So I did the heathen thing and skipped church to bake another one while the family was gone, had 2 fans running to try and cool it down, made up for skipping church with the amount of praying I did while slapping icing all over a cake that I wasn't too sure was really cooled down yet. (Refer back to race car mishap here.) Anyway, Bob turned out fine in the end. My son is 6 and asks me each year if I will have to do his cake twice like usual. Thanks for the vote of confidence, sweetie. I also did a Barbie cake one time and used a regular Barbie, not the pick. As you may know, Barbie is too tall for the Wonder Mold pan. So I decided it wouldn't hurt to put a little extra frosting around Barbie's waist to just elongate her skirt. Should have put a belt on that thing, because Barbie's skirt went to her ankles when I transported her. Oops!

Wow, these are really funny to laugh at now. Didn't think so back then, though. Anyone else have some good disasters to share? I'm really glad that some of you are brave enough to share your stories. It is so comforting to know that accidents happen to all of us!

Jenn1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn1978 Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 5:50am
post #929 of 1303

wow I wish I would have known we were going to be posting pictures of the worst cakes we have done! About 2-3 weeks ago I was feeling very under the weather and had to do a cinderella cake. Well I was using a basic sheet cake and using my kopykake projector to project the image onto the cake...SIMPLE, right? Well you would think! I'm not sure why the cake kicked my butt so bad could be that I was feeling horrible, runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing..the whole nine yards! Probably shouldn't have done the cake, but I didn't have to heart to tell her no. Needless to say I thought it tunred out so bad I didn't even want a picture! I refused to take one. I couln't get her eyes right to save my life, her lips looked like she just had silicone injected into them, need I say more! It was horrible! It looked to me like Cinderella just been jumped by her evil sisters or stepsisters, whatever they were! The little girl that it was for apparently loved it! I didn't even want to give it to her I was so upset! It still haunts me! I swear I wake up to seeing Cinderella with fat lips and messed up eyes! ACKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!! Im having flashbacks again! icon_cry.gif

candy177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy177 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 3:44am
post #930 of 1303

Apparently, nobody can make a good Cinderella cake! LOL

Love the blowfish. icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%