Post Your Worst Cake!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 23 Aug 2018 , 10:59pm by kakeladi

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 2:18am
post #811 of 1303

OK, gang - I don't have time to search all 54 pages tonight (but I will later, believe me!) I've got to see this blue girl in the thong - can anybody tell me what page or date to look for???? Thanks a bunch - PAT

brookej01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brookej01 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 2:44am
post #812 of 1303

the blue thong is on page 16, and i must say i never liked clowns before and now i'll have nightmares LOL. and the pile of poo well, that was just wrong....way to realistic looking. and pretty much my worst cake well, all of them, sigh...i am still trying to get this right

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:36am
post #813 of 1303

I gotta say this...I don't think I've laughed so heartily as I have since I started reading this thread...even when it was my cake ya'll were crackin' on. I do believe the next chunker cake I do...I won't get upset(well, maybe at first)...but I'll get amused at what fun it would bring when it gets posted.

Thanks for the giggles!

keriskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriskreations Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 3:52am
post #814 of 1303

This is one of the best threads! I have had such a great time looking through - although, haven't made it through all 55 pages yet. LOL

So, I didn't take a picture of what I think of as my worst cake, because it was just that bad. Picture it....
It was a chocolate cake that I decided to fill/frost with a Cherry flavored pudding/whipped cream mix. Well, my icing didn't set up quite right, so it was slowly running off the sides of the cake in to a puddle at the bottom of the cake. For decoration, I got the ingenius idea of cutting Marischino cherries in half and using them, and then piping on stems. Well, yeah, the cherries have juice, which proceeded to bleed on the cake. By the time I got to my family function, the light pink cake was starting to show the chocolate cake through it with the cherries bleeding up a storm and making the stems soggy. AWESOME! It was just awful - of course, it tasted good, just looked like, well, it looked awful, that's all I can say. At least it was just my family - they'll eat just about anything! LOL Now I wish I would have taken a picture, just to be able to share it here!

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 5:44am
post #815 of 1303

Here's a practice cake that I made. I had some ripe bananas so I decided to try a banana cake with chocolate buttercream. Wanting to jazz it up a bit, I decided to decorate but only had the chocolate buttercream so I tinted it to be darker for contrast. I piped a few rows of various sized leaves around the bottom of the cake. It looked like a dog ran in circles around the cake, pooping all the way. So I cracked open the edible glitter, thinking it would detract from the poop color of the border a bit. It made a difference . . . now it's a cake that a dog ran in circles around, pooping all the way, in the wintertime.

By the way, I'm new to edible glitter. Is it supposed to taste like tiny shards of plastic???
LL

Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 9:09am
post #816 of 1303

ckkerber.....

It don't look bad at all.

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 12:57pm
post #817 of 1303

Well, if you wouldn't have said that about the dog dropping I wouldn't have thought that. But, now that you said that...ha ha. You are so funny. You could title the cake snowy dog droppings. lol. Actually, it looks really yummy...minus the droppings. icon_lol.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:02pm
post #818 of 1303

all4cake. I see that you put your clown cake as your avatar thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif too funny. What a great idea!! thumbs_up.gif

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:45pm
post #819 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza

ckkerber.....

It don't look bad at all.

I wish I had a close up of the border . . . it really, really looked like dog poop. The chocolate buttercream that I used was pretty soft so when I piped leaves they just looked like little droppings. I kept going, adding one layer on top of the other hoping that the dimension would keep it from looking like that but it just looked worse. Then came the glitter . . . it just made everything look crystrallized!

traceysob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceysob Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 6:14pm
post #820 of 1303

I thought it resembled rice crispy treatsicon_smile.gif It sure sounds yummy though!

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 10:04pm
post #821 of 1303

all4cake - your avatar will crack me up everytime I see it. Oh yeah!!! Nut house here I come!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 11:29pm
post #822 of 1303

This topic has been so funny. I absolutely love the Chewie in booties picture. I can't believe it's gone on so long. Here are a couple of my "worst" pictures.

Both cakes were done before I knew much about cake decorating. They are pretty pathetic, but not quite bootie caliber. I made them both for my DH's birthday this year. I can't believe I was so proud of these.
LL
LL

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 12:13am
post #823 of 1303

The clown cake really needs a doctor. He looks like he's been holding his breath for five minutes, his hair is standing on end and he's about ready to explode. We'd better call 911. LOL icon_eek.gif

I'm glad my son's not here to see it. He'd have nightmares for the next 30 years. LOL

atkin600 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atkin600 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 12:40am
post #824 of 1303

After seeing the doggie poo cake I decided to post this one. It was a last minute cake for my sister who was coming to visit. It was totally supposed to be serious, but ended up looking like a dog sitting in a pile of poo with an embarrassed look on his face.
LL

Molliebird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molliebird Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 12:41am
post #825 of 1303

Forgot to mention my worst cake. It just happened recently. Don't have a picture of it at its worst. But I can explain.
Was asked to make a chocolate cake with ganache icing and mousse filling. I had made some gum paste tiger lilies and put then on top. The person I was making this for told me her aunt loved orange and chocolate. Had the cake all done. My DH told me it looked fine, but I felt it was incomplete. It needed a border. BIG MISTAKE! Usually my DD is home to tell me to stop while I'm ahead, but she was at work that night. Anyhow, as I had used up all of my ganache, too lazy to make more, I decided to put a milk chocolate border around it. Started the border, and it didn't look too bad but then a big blob came out. Couldn't fix it. Decided to try to add some orange fancy icing decorations to the bottom chocolate border. AN EVEN BIGGER MISTAKE! It looked like Hallowe'en had exploded on this cake or a rotten pumpkin. My DH came in to the kitchen, shook his head and left. I wasn't going to let this get the best of me, didn't have time to make a new cake (it was very late at night and I had to take this mess to work the next day) SOOOOO, I decided to remove the chocolate border. It came off fine, but I cut into the cake a bit. Then, I decided to transfer the whole cake to a plate. OOPs, the plate was a tad bit too small. My DH decided he wasn't coming in to the kitchen at that point. SOOOO, I then grab another bigger platter and transferred the cake to that platter. ANOTHER BIG MISTAKE!@!@ icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif The cake cracked in the middle!!! I was just about to cry but thought I wasn't going to stop until I had made this right. Well, I did make it right and my DH finally came back to the kitchen and looked at it. It actually turned out quite nice after I fixed it. My DD came home from work and told me it was actually pretty. I then told her what I did to it. Her first words to me were "Mom, I've told you many times to stop while you're ahead!". I've told her she can no longer work when I'm working on a cake. She needs to tell me to "WALK AWAY FROM THE CAKE". My 11 yrd. old son (comedian to be) asked me if they sold edible tape so that I could fix the cake and if they didn't I could always try duct tape.

Sorry, this is so long but thought I'd share my near disaster. BTW my co-worker and her family loved the cake and didn't even know what a disaster it had been.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:06am
post #826 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChristyB_

This has been such a blast!!!! Seeing Cinderella...err...Angelina...... made me think of my Barbie I attempted. My hubby told me she looked like Tammy Faye!

(page 17)

I think this looks like a bad, pregnant Britney Spears!!

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:35am
post #827 of 1303

Poor puppy atkin600!!! He just needs to be walked more. Maybe my cheerleader troll will walk him by Yjudania's witches castle where the guppy sharks and the blue thong swim in the moat and the evil noseless clown can scare the **it out of him so he will never be in this embarrassing situation again!!! icon_redface.gif

That is one really funny cake though!!! LOL icon_lol.gif

atkin600 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atkin600 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:20am
post #828 of 1303

That cake was supposed to look like my sister's English Bulldog, Buford. I thought it would be delicious if I used the Andes choc. mint baking chips, but beware if you've never used them in a cake before, because the mint taste was wa-a-a-ay overpowering!
So.....not only did it look like mess, it tasted like mess, but at least it smelled minty fresh.

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:38am
post #829 of 1303
Quote:
Quote:

adkin600 wrote: It was totally supposed to be serious, but ended up looking like a dog sitting in a pile of poo with an embarrassed look on his face.

OMG!! I spit milk out of my nose when I saw this!! He really DOES look embarrassed!! It's so cute!!

all4cake Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 3:05am
post #830 of 1303

"Poor puppy atkin600!!! He just needs to be walked more. Maybe my cheerleader troll will walk him by Yjudania's witches castle where the guppy sharks and the blue thong swim in the moat and the evil noseless clown can scare the **it out of him so he will never be in this embarrassing situation again!!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 3:43am
post #831 of 1303

this thread is taking on a life of its own...but I sure am enjoying it!

Eliza Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 7:58am
post #832 of 1303

HUMPTY DUMPTY (by "Eliza" )

(UMMM. UMMM, CHOUGH, CHOUGH)

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great big fall
He didn't broke his crown
( icon_surprised.gif Ok that was Jack that broke his, but this is my poem icon_lol.gif )
He was melting down!!

Picture this: HOT HOT Africa (Botswana) house without airconditioning, me sweating trying to make DD a humpty dumpty cake and buttercream just melting down. He looks so sad. Even his wall doesn't look good. Oh well it was a big hit. icon_lol.gif
LL

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:27pm
post #833 of 1303

My co-workers now think I have totally lost my mind. I think it is a race between the clown and Humpty for the best of the worse. He looks like a oversized white jack o lantern. He scared me!!!

all4cake Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:31pm
post #834 of 1303

I thought they looked related.

Eliza Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:33pm
post #835 of 1303

all4cake ...

Yes, they must be great great cousins or something.

Eliza Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:36pm
post #836 of 1303

The only reason I posted it is that your clown don't feel alone. I never thought I would post poor old Humpty Dumpty on this site.

traceysob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceysob Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:46pm
post #837 of 1303

Humpty reminds me of the character from the Nightmare Before Christmas!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:51pm
post #838 of 1303

Okay Eliza:

Here's to you.....

Why did Humpty Dumpty have a great fall?

To makeup for the bad summer. Ta da dum....

How can you drop an egg six feet from Humptys wall without breaking it?

By dropping it seven feet it wont break for the first six feet. Ta da dum....

Why did that chicken lay her egg on the wall?

Because if she dropped it, it would break! Ta da dum....

Thank you, thank you very much, you can catch me act at the local comedy club August 32, 2006.

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:55pm
post #839 of 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I thought they looked related.

icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif Strange but funny. They do resemble each other. icon_cool.gif

Eliza Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:06pm
post #840 of 1303

The average summer temperature there is about 102. (Plus many times). There I was, in the middle of summer, trying to decorate this cake and everything go downwards. No matter what I try it keeps going done.... icon_eek.gificon_cry.gificon_eek.gif

tiptop57 ... you are cracking me up. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%