Post Your Worst Cake!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 23 Aug 2018 , 10:59pm by kakeladi

Jenn1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn1978 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 4:15pm
post #931 of 1303

Ok so other then my cinderella I found another one that I absolutely hated! I just scanned it so I can let everybody else see....it's suppose to be that rainbow fish or whatever it is! I hate it!
LL

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 4:48pm
post #932 of 1303

My worst cakes were in days ago when I didn't own a digital camera or have internet service. And to be honest I doubt I would have taken any pictures, I probably tossed the cake in the trash out of frustration. icon_cry.gif

doleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doleta Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 5:08pm
post #933 of 1303

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You guys are KILLING me! I'm at work and have laughed out loud a couple of times.
I'm a rookie so sure I will have some good flops to add soon.
Thanks for the laughs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doleta

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 1:54pm
post #934 of 1303

I don't have a picture of a bad cake yet only because I have just started so I'm sure I will fill this site full soon lol. But I do have a gingerbread house picture that was awful. My mom and dad had their 1890's Victorian house in an open house a couple of years ago. Mom wanted to display a gingerbread house in the dining room. I ordered a kit and when I got it (wilton's I might add) all the pieces were broken. I did the best I could and I know they were just being nice but it turned out awfull. I'm reminded every time I look at the news paper clippings LOL.
hope this turns out
LL

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 4:06pm
post #935 of 1303

OK. Here's a really bad one. I actually took this one to work and let people SEE it. It was huge too- 2 cake mixes for the base and 4 pound cakes for the tank. Horrible!
LL

fabbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabbo Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 5:34pm
post #936 of 1303

We all think we can do Debbie Brown icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif At least I thought I could LOL This was one of first cakes in Feb. for practice. We ate the evidence quickly,at least my sons did. My daughter can not be mine, at 2 she doesn't eat cake or cookies icon_eek.gif Oh yeah, It was done with the Wilton fondant. Need I say more.
LL

christy_ob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christy_ob Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 5:39pm
post #937 of 1303

Oh my, this was just odd. There wasn't enough food color and well it just was an interesting experience altogether. Sometimes an idea just doesn't come across right you know.
BTW it is supposed to be a barbecue grill with food stuffs on it.
LL

traceysob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceysob Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 6:45pm
post #938 of 1303

I always have the worst time finding this thread when I haven't been on in awhile! It should be required that all new members read this thread when they register on CC! We've all had cakes that have made us want to cry and as a newbie I can relate to so many of the stories on here!

I love the 'blow fish' cake and I wonder if anyone has ever sucessfully made a Cinderella that doesn't look like a drag queen?

The mouse looked like he was drunk and I thought it was really funny that he had a belly button- which left me to wonder... Do mice have belly buttons????

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 12:35pm
post #939 of 1303

OMG! Go back a read page 26 of this thread. Look what they did to Chewbacca! I laughed so hard that I got choked and snorted 7-up outa my nose. I literally ran to the bathroom so that I wouldn't have super soaker underwear. Way too funny!

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 7:26pm
post #940 of 1303

It is amazing to me that this thread is still going strong. I come back every so often and catch up on all the new posts. I have enjoyed this so much, keep the stuff coming. My camera died a few months ago, otherwise I could have posted at least one more in here.
Jeanne

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 7:42pm
post #941 of 1303

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_surprised.giftapedshut.gifthumbsdown.gif ...yeah, I know that is a sad cake, I can't even look at it, what was I thining???
LL

TiffTurtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TiffTurtle Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 6:49am
post #942 of 1303

ok this has got to be the worst cake that i have ever seen...i made this this past weekend for a friend of mine whos husbands birthday it was and he is a Duke fan...OMG I thought it would be o so simple and turn out great i was wrong. I know i havent been doing this long but geees...my 4th cake was a 4 tier stacked anni cake and it turned out great but this kicked my in butt...
LL

traceysob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceysob Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 1:01pm
post #943 of 1303

tiffturtle- I've learned that it's always the ones you think will be simple and come out great that cause the greatest headaches! What counts though is that it tasted goodicon_smile.gif~

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 1:11pm
post #944 of 1303

OK NOT SURE WHAT I WAS THINKING BUT THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST CAKE..ITS WAS DONE FOR FATHER DAY

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 1:18pm
post #945 of 1303

FATHER DAY SHIRT !!!!
LL

Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 1:31pm
post #946 of 1303

wgoat: I LOVE your Gingerbread house! I think it came out great. Seriously!!

candy177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy177 Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 3:32pm
post #947 of 1303

wgoat5 - I think that gingerbread house is ADORABLE!!!! Looks fantastic! Where'd the pieces break, because I can't tell.

Fabbo - it's not THAT bad...icon_smile.gif

christy_ob - why does the food strike me as being something else! icon_twisted.gif I'm horrible, I think I have the dirtiest mind here....something about the placement of your burgers and the hot dog....well...yes LOL

I need to post a few more pics myself...was trying to be creative at work and well.....lol

I'll post them in a little bit.

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 3:51pm
post #948 of 1303

I absolutely love this thread. I can't believe it's still going, but I hope it doesn't end icon_lol.gif

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 4:33pm
post #949 of 1303

Alright, I can honestly say that this is the worst cake I have ever done. I was going to make a basket of chrysanthemums for the Burleson Honey Bake Off. I was sooo tired of seeing cake as I had 3 orders that wekk, all back to back that by the time Friday night rolled around, I was just loopy. Anyway, here are two "during" pics. I ended up scrapping it at the last minute because I just couldnt look at it anymore.
LL
LL

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 10:49pm
post #950 of 1303

O.K. these cakes are too funny! I really don't feel so bad sharing my disaster....
It was doomed from the get go. It started sagging and sinking right from the start, and the icing wouldn't stick on the corners. (no idea why). The more I tried to fix it, the worse it got.
By the time it arrived at it's destination it had "dumped it's load." The whole back end fell off and the tires where completely flat!
The best part was that my 3 yr old son loved it.
LL

hockeygirl658 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hockeygirl658 Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 1:15am
post #951 of 1303

Trent- I have to say that Dear Dad Shirt kinda looks like he hit Happy Hour on the way home from work and had one too many! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Way to be brave with the fondant though. thumbs_up.gif I haven't gotten that brave just yet.

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 2:34am
post #952 of 1303

wow did this thread hit the record for longest thread yet???

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 3:18am
post #953 of 1303

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this has been the most entertaining thread ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was almost late for work because i couldn't stop reading it!!

my worst cake experiance was for a mean finiky ole gal.....

it was stacked....ugh.....i had alot of cakes that day so i didn't get a chance to freeze the cake first...

in fact it was kinda slightly warm when i iced it.....

i did notice it was "wigglin" with every step i took, as i was carrying it out to her car....it almost looked like it was breathin.....

i just stuck it in the back of suv....patted her and told her to "have a nice day"..........i never heard back.

why oh why to the bad things always seem to happen to the picky customer?

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 3:36am
post #954 of 1303

Thanks Mom and candy but um...all the pieces to the house were broken when they came in the only piece salvagable was the front. You can see where I patched it next to the top window. The rest of the pieces were homemade (Never made homemade gingerbread before and never will again LOL). I still cringe when I think about that darn house !!! And don't how many times that darn chimney slid down the roof....guess thats why I am not in construction LOL

LorraineF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorraineF Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 5:19am
post #955 of 1303

OMG! I can't believe I missed this thread! Here it is 1:20 AM and I should be in bed, but I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!

LorraineF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorraineF Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 5:27am
post #956 of 1303

Actually, I realized I didn't tell about my worst cake. I was in high school (back in the Dark Ages) and for Valentine's Day I decided to make my boyfriend a heart cake--where you cut a round cake in half and attach the semicircles to a square cake. I even bought roses for it from a bakery. Anyway, he decided to go skiing that weekend, so I put my fist in it--and then my girlfriends and I ate it.

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 8:10am
post #957 of 1303

Okay its time for me to add my beauties..

The police car was for my husbands birthday (fairly obvious he a policeman in the K9 Unit). This was the second real cake I made. What I didnt know was that you dont ice with ROYAL ICING icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif . I took this to my in-laws for dinner and thought it was pretty good actually (I am so cringing now icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif ). My husband then took it to work (he was on nightshift) and I am sure they broke all their teeth trying to eat this thing (I didnt even ice it with BC before hand!). My hands after piping all those stars with super stiff royal icing ached for days, I seriously thought I had broken something.

My second was the Cabbage Patch 3D Doll, I didnt put enough batter in the pan so she had no legs my 5 year old son said she scared him!

Just shows you how far you can come in a short amount of time and with the help of CC!
LL
LL

lindyhoppr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindyhoppr Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 6:34pm
post #958 of 1303

Ok, this was made in someone else's kitchen, without any tools other than a knife and a silicone spatula. The frosting was store bought but since there was no crumb coat, the cake continued to fall apart. There was some strategic truffle placement to hide almost all of it. Also, I had to incorporate some "very cute candles" that my mother had picked up. [img][/img]
LL

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 8:32pm
post #959 of 1303

katharry - ummm, not to be mean or anything, but your Cabbage Patch Doll cake kinda looks like a Cabbage Patch Zombie. I honestly laughed out loud when I saw it. I can almost feel her hands reaching out to grab me.

And I really don't mean this as an insult because she would be the perfect playmate for my Troll Cheerleader and all4cakes' noseless clown.

Can she come out to play??? icon_lol.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 9:01pm
post #960 of 1303

katharry
Your little cabbage patch doll looks like she was just pucked from the garden row. Look icon_eek.gif she still has dirt under her fingernails. OMG MissT, you are right! She is a Zombie!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%