Three more things about me.

1. I am an Indian
2. I am a PR of Canada
3. I am currently living in Kuwait.

Tamanna

kellyh57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyh57 Posted 16 Oct 2005 , 9:04pm
post #302 of 408

1. I hate birds! Whether its flying in the sky, on the ground, in a cage or in someone's house, I just don't like them!

2. I don't like being touched, especially by strangers or people I don't know well. My kids are okay as is a hug here and there from family members, but that's it. I don't even like shaking hands, especially in the winter!

3. I used to be a country radio DJ. I'm actually pretty shy in person to, but behind the mic is a totally different feeling!

Kelly

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 16 Oct 2005 , 9:59pm
post #303 of 408

my three things; not real interesting, 1.I'm the single mother of 3 boys and one girl, 2. my best friend in all the world is my 35 yr old daughter (who always treats me like I'm 35 too!) 3.I think the best times of the year are Autumn,Christmas and JOHNNY DEPP'S birthday!!! thumbs_up.gif

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 16 Oct 2005 , 10:36pm
post #304 of 408

Maxiecakes, just being a single mother of 4 is very interesting. icon_biggrin.gif I'm a single mother of 2 and find that sometimes more interesting than I like! I have a 30 yr old daughter that sometimes treats me like I'm 90 and sometimes like I'm 10. LOL Have a son that is 37 and the best thing about both of them is that I have earned their respect. Raised them basically by myself. Now I'm babysitting my grandchildren as I cannot work any longer. Had I known how much fun they were, I'd have had the grandchildren first! My son and two sons live next door and daughter and 3 sons and 1 daughter live 5 minutes away. Love my daughter in law and my son in law so I am really lucky. I agree about Autumn and Xmas but you can have Johnny Depp's birthday. I'm still swooning over the old actors that are long gone like Clark Gable. Have always secretly tapedshut.gif longed to be Scarlett O'hara to his Rhett Butler!!! I see you are from San Jose. My mom was born in Warm Springs and I was born in Modesto. My dad moved us to Mo when I was a senior and I'm still here! Lost my mom 3 yrs ago and she was my best friend.

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 16 Oct 2005 , 11:46pm
post #305 of 408

Okay, now I'm hooked. I've just read the last hour about all of your interesting lives and I just have to know...I've always secretly wished that I was adopted, did any of you misplace a sister? icon_lol.gif

Anyway, here's a few about me:

1.I met my husband the night of my JR. Prom in H.S., he's wasn't my date but i went home with him anyway (JUST FRIENDS...I wasn't THAT kind of girl!). We've been together every since.

2.I've never taken any cake decorating classes, but I have been decorating for as long as I can remember. (I made my first tier cake in my EasyBake oven at the age of 6!) I am a fourth generation cake decorator and mostly self taught, but am always wanting to try something new!

3.I have decided that I have "house-cleaning-related ADD". I have good intentions of keeping my house clean, but every time I start on one thing, I think of something else that probably needs to be done more and never end of getting anything comepletly finished. (It probably doesn't help to have 2 children and a husband that don't know where the trash can or laundry are, or would know what to do with one if they by chance found it! icon_lol.gif )

...really my kids drive me crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way, and I couldn't ask for a better husband--I guess I'll keep him, after 15 yrs. I keep telling him it's not worth starting over and trying to break in a new man!

Keep 'em coming I just love to here about all of you! ...NEXT!

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 12:03am
post #306 of 408

Lionladydi, You are sooooo right about the grandkids!! I have 9. I was blessed to be there to see each one come into the world, The oldest one is
now in the navy, But if I close my eyes I can still see his little hands waving bye-bye .
I just don't know where the time went.
anyway I can now look forward to making all those wedding cakes! cause after all , who else but grandma??? icon_biggrin.gif

lionladydi Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 12:45am
post #307 of 408

Maxiecakes, I was in the room with my daughter when she had all 3 sons. Was the only one other than my DSIL when the middle one was born. Scared the hell out of me and I'm not afraid of much. My daughter had to go to Kansas City to a Baptist meeting of some sort (she's secretary of the church here) so I have 3 staying until Weds. Haven't had to get kids off to school in a long time so hope all goes well. Bet your four generations could fill a large album with pics of cakes.

Gmcakes, I do have a missing sister and brother but you are much too young so you'll have to keep wishing! My dad had a boy and a girl with a woman out of wedlock between wives back in the 40's and we have no idea what happened to them. I finally met one of my brothers from his second wife last year and saw two others that I had met once before. Was quite a reunion beings that I am 56 years old. Together with my full sister, we have tried to find the other two but to no avail. We have first names but no idea what last names they carried. Very sad to know you have family and not know anything about them or their whereabouts. As for never completing your household tasks, don't get in a tizzy. It gets worse as you get older. Best part is you care less as you get older. Just enjoy your kids while they're young! I keep waiting for all these cleaning OCD people to come help me out. Bunnies, bunnies, everywhere. The bunnies are growing bunnies of their own now.

peanut2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peanut2 Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 3:22am
post #308 of 408

Well, GMcakes, I have always wished I was adopted too...and I especially wanted to find a sister! To top it off, you are in Texas, which is a place I really hope to visit some day.

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 3:46pm
post #309 of 408

Ok, here are my three things:

1. I am a 38 year old SAHM to three children. 16 yo daughter, 5 yo son and 2 1/2 yo daughter. They keep me VERY busy!! My husband (second marriage for me) and I met at a country bar (he knew a friend of mine) We just had our 12th anniv yesterday! Wonderful man. Doesn't quite understand the whole cake obession thing. Asked the other day if I dream about cakes. lol

2. I love doing all kinds of crafts but I really haven't "mastered" one yet. I hope to eventually concentrate on cakes, scrapbooking and occasionally quilting. And of course would love to open a bakery someday. lol

3. I was born in Indiana and my family moved to Missouri when I was 10. Have been here every since. They all moved back to Indy though!! (at different times) Wasn't that nice! I give them a hard time every chance I get!!

And one last thing for now, I am right there with you gmcakes!! Now I know what to call it!! House cleaning related ADD!!! Thank you. I have recently joined a group some of you may have heard of called FLY LADY. It is wonderful!! It is about helping you get organized with your house cleaning and stuff one baby step at a time!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!! icon_smile.gif Thanks for starting this thread!!

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 3:54pm
post #310 of 408

FLylady is great. Been doing it for some time now but just recently am getting it down. For the most part my house is within 15 minutes or less of being clean. Usually it just entails picking up the baby's stuff and then vacuuming.

Haven't gotten my room "flying" yet. lol

Tuggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tuggy Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 8:58pm
post #311 of 408

This is totally interesting to read more about you all. So here I go:

1. I´m 34 and was born in Lima/Peru as my parents stayed there for 5 years. We moved back to Hamburg/Germany when I was 1 and I haven´t moved since then. I´m married since 11 years and our son Julius is now 9.

2. As I´m 6`2, I started sewing my own cloths 6 years ago. Beside the normal stuff I started sewing historical dresses, mostly medivial and some victorian. I really would like to do an Renaissance or Empire.

3. I´m collecting books and magazines (mostly cake decorating, sculpting and painting), so my mom asked my about the static of our house, as she is really worried about the weight of all the paper icon_biggrin.gif

And one more: I really hate baking. So I get all my cakes baked by the bakery where I did my training. I only do the covering and decorating part and that is what I really love and DH still is wating for a simple cheescake made and baked by my own...

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 17 Oct 2005 , 9:49pm
post #312 of 408

charlieinMD Happy Anniversary !!!

Mine was yesterday also Only our first one icon_wink.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 2:01am
post #313 of 408

whew...took me awhile to read through what is currently 21 pages of fun tidbits icon_eek.gif
1) I have played the violin, piano, harp and I even tried the cello (hands were too small)
2) My husband and I talked about marriage within the first week of us dating, he did not think I was serious at first but I told him "I wouldn't be talking about it if I wasn't serious." 1.5 months later we got married
3) I work full time, my husband works full time and goes to school full time, and I am trying to learn some computer things on my own again- and amid all of this still try to find time to be with my son when he's not at school (the house is sooo quite when he's at school and I am at home trying to get myself to do some cleaning..), spend time with my husband, and try to keep the house organized.
4) I kicked my husband's butt into going back to school, and on the days where he starts freaking out about the bills and maybe he should drop out of school- I set him right back on track. I have told him he is finishing school even if it means my foot is up his butt when he gets done...I keep telling myself he only has until Nov 06 to finish and then he will have his BSBM and then maybe I won't have to work anymore (or at least work full time anymore) hubby has a 2 year already so that helped cut his time in school in half, oh and the hubby is going to one of those accelerated learning schools- University of Phoenix, very hard work with some classes having lots of homework, but I know he is enjoying it at times and when he is done he will much happier because then he will feel like he will be better able to provide for his family.
.....thanks for listening this site is just wonderful..like a second family for me...just wish I had more time to be on it some days than others
m0use

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 2:29am
post #314 of 408

Ok, I'm hooked. Three things about me:

1. I'm 43yo, divorced, 1 dog, 3 cats, no kids and I am a police dispatcher coming up fast on retirement. Just 3 years to go.

2. I finally know what I want to be when I grow up. I have started back to school after over 20 years, taking Culinary course and hope to complete my degree before retirement.

3. I have always loved to bake, mostly cookies
or making homemade candy. I started cake decorating in May and have found a new love.
It's a great artistic outlet, stress reliever and
to top it all off, it's good to eat!!!

VickiC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiC Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 2:33am
post #315 of 408

Okay-I'll play too. It took me all this time to think about anything remotely interesting about me.

I have over 200 dalmatian collectibles. I just gave away about 75 stuffed dalmatians.

My daughter received a dalmatian puppy from her uncle (via Grandma-long story) when she was 10 years old. Of course, he became my dog because Mommy is love, Mommy is food, Mommy is play. Daughter is in college now and Pepper is still following Mom from room to room. Here's my favorite picture of Pepper.

My license plate is 101PUPS.

Poor Pepper-he has two herniated discs in his neck and just had surgery for a torn acl. My gymnast daughter never had this injury (thank God) but my dog did. Go figure.

VickiC
LL

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 3:16am
post #316 of 408

cybourg, congrats on the 15 min pick up!!! I wish I could say that. Not there yet! But I will be (soon I hope!!)

Tuggy!!! Wish I had someone to do the baking for me !! That would be wonderful!!

mvigil. Happy anniv. to you too!! Before you know it you will be at 12. We were talking about it and decided sometimes it feels like yesterday and sometimes it feels like MUCH longer but wouldn't change it!! icon_smile.gif

mouse you guys are BUSY!!

cindy congrats on going back to school!! that is wonderful. I think about it sometimes but it scares me alot!! Somedays I'm not sure of my phone number let alone remember things for a test!!

Vicki, LOVE the picture!! Your dog is adorable!!!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 11:47am
post #317 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiC

I have over 200 dalmatian collectibles. I just gave away about 75 stuffed dalmatians.

VickiC

VickiC - you aren't the only one with a massive collection of figurines. I've been collecting rabbits since I was little and although I've given SO many away in recent years, I still have over 500 figurines! Plus a few very loved stuffed animals that I couldn't part with...

godsgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
godsgrace Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 1:33pm
post #318 of 408

I'll keep it going:

1. I met my husband 15 years ago while cutting his hair ( I was a cosmotologist at the time). Very romantic huh. It was, I got to run my hands through his hair while I day dreamed of marring him!!!

2. I have 5 kids, 16 (she makes me stress more than the rest combined), 9, 8, and twins that are 6.

3. I love to do any kind of crafts only I hate to clean my messing!!! I'm not a good housekeeper, I blame it on having so many kids!

4. I am closer to my in-laws than my own family. I have absolutely wonderful in-laws.

havenleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havenleigh Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 10:39am
post #319 of 408

HMMMM..... 3 random things....
1) I also met the love of my life online. In a chat room not a dating service site.

2) I am not a morning person. (my definition of morning is:after I have gone to bed, whatever time that may be) Like now it is 4:36 am and I am still online.

3) Not only am I hooked on cake decorating sites, my husband got me hooked on a computer game: World of Warcraft.

Geez, first I thought I wouldn't be able to think of three things and then I couldn't decide on which out of all I thought of I would post. LOL. icon_wink.gif

klkhoneycutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klkhoneycutt Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 1:44am
post #320 of 408

I will add to this
I am 28yrs old have 2 wonderful kids 4 and 2 and have been married for 6 years to a wonderful man who is 2 years younger then me..

I live the Army life..have never stayed at one base more then 18 months.

I am creeping up on my 5 yr mark of being a breast cancer survivor ...yeah!!!!

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 1:56am
post #321 of 408

(1) I am a cake decorating junkie (2) I love ballroom dancing (3) I won a raffle at the "Cakewalk Exposition" at Grand Central Station NYC which was sponsored by Brides Magazine. The prize was a designer cake plate and stand of my choice and a case of Asti Spumanti Sparkling Wine. This was the first raffle I have ever won in my entire life.

lionladydi Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 2:25am
post #322 of 408

klkhoneycutt, congratulations on being a breast cancer survivor. My sister had a double masectomy 15 years ago and is still going strong. Just had gastric bypass surgery 2 years ago and has lost 261 lbs. and I am so proud of her. Problem is that I found a good part of what she lost! I encourage everyone to have their regular mammograms. Just had my yearly last Thursday. I never miss having mine. I live in Willow Springs, southeast of Springfield so I'm not far from you at Fort Leonardwood. Have several Lions Club friends that live there.

VickiC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiC Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 2:27am
post #323 of 408

I forgot to add that there is no toilet paper in any of the holders in my house. Pepper will rip out all the paper so any of my guests has to be warned the paper is in the cabinet below the sink. icon_lol.gif

charleydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charleydog Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 3:16am
post #324 of 408

Ok, I think it took at least 3 hours to read this (hubby thinks I am secretly doing on line dating)

Heres a few things about me:

I am 27. I have 4 kids 10 (stepdaughter icon_evil.gif ), 9 (only boy),8, and 7. (and yes I now know I am too young for that!!)

I recently moved here (ontario) from Manitoba and hate it!!! My Dh came here 6 months before me, so I could finish school (vet assistant), and now he won't quit his second job so I can work icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif !!!!

Love my kids dearly, but I am really ready for adult conversation (which is why I hang out here allllllllll the time)

I have a dog (charley) and cat (nemo) ....its from a kids show called itsy bitsy time, a boy and his bear had those names!!

I do not wish to open a cake shop, instead (do not get offended) I secretly wish to open a sex shop... maybe that would get hubby a little more interested!!!!! LOL

I am on my second marriage, my now DH was my boss, when I met him I hated him because he got the job I applyed for... he bought me a cappacino and the rest is history!!

Ok, thats enough about me next...........
icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 7:37am
post #325 of 408

a) I'm 27 years old, was married last April, and have a Bachelor degree in Social Science.

b) I have three furry babies (cats) - Monty, Nyah and Frankie.

c) I live in regional Western Australia, 300 kilometres from the city.

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 6:24pm
post #326 of 408

Very cool forum!!

1. My husband and I met on a blind date and we were engaged 6 weeks later, married 14 months later on my grandparents 50th anniversary. We will be celebrating our 5th anniversary on 12/2/05. I'm a very, very proud mom to a 19 month old boy. His name is Sebastien. I've waited my whole life for him. He's very independent and very active, but I can't imagine how I ever lived without him.

2. Most people think I'm a prude when they first meet me, but in reality, I'm the total opposite. It just takes me a while to open up and show my true colors. If I were thinner and more comfortable with my body, I'd get my belly button pierced and possibly a tattoo... not sure where or of what though.

3. Right now, I work full time and commute 1 hr & 15 mins each way. Wastes a lot of time, but it pays well. I want to find something that will pay as well but that I can do from home so I can be more available for my son and still have time to decorate cakes. My ultimate goal is to someday own my own bakeshop.

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 8:58pm
post #327 of 408

I'm probably one of the youngest here, I'm 20, and have been married for 3 years, with my next door neighbor from high school. I WAS pregnant when we got married, and we now have 2 beautiful girls 2.5 yrs and 9 mos.

I love Jimmy Fallon, and have told my husband if he ever came to my door, I'd leave him in a heartbeat! LOL!

I'm moving to Anchorage Alaska in March, going to Basic Training for Air National Guard, and then signing a contract with a Talent Agency in Anchorage to be a local actress, while raising my kids, and going to school to be a journalist. Gonna be busy

I have lost 30 pounds since July, and intend on losing 30-40 more by mid-March.

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 9:06pm
post #328 of 408

Mine don't seem as exciting as some as yours but oh well, here we go:

#1: Me and my family watch every reality show we can -- Big Brother, SuperNanny, Wife Swap, Survivor, Amazing Race and many more....

#2: I love romance novels -- especially if they have a little suspense/mystery to them!!

#3: My husband and I met when I was 11 and he was 18. We started dating after I graduated -- he thought I was 18 and I was only 17. Got married after dating 9 months and have been married for 19 years. We have 4 wonderful children.

That's my life in a nutshell! Well, not quite but close.

I had to add another one:

#4: I love to watch my boys (Josh - 18 and Matt - 16) play football. Nothing makes me prouder!!!

i_luv_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_luv_cake Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 3:49am
post #329 of 408

This is one of the best posts I have read on CC...
It is so addictive icon_lol.gif
Here are mine:

#1- I love random knowledge about people
#2- I still watch Survivor, and tons of other reality tv (Amazing Race,
The apprentice, Martha Stewart Apprentice - which is the best show ever!, etc...)
#3 - I have a yorkie named Murphy who is the cutest dog ever icon_smile.gif....(IMHO)

alemrac978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alemrac978 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 3:58am
post #330 of 408

I think I have to take a day off to read all the posts! Great Idea. Here are mine!

1. I am 27, have a fiance who is a closet cake decorator , a dog named chunk, and three overprotective older brothers who I make buy my cakes even though I know they love them!icon_smile.gif
2. It took me 27 years to find out what I really love to do (cake baking and decorating) I also love and am addicted to this site and visit it more than my own business' website. (oops)icon_smile.gif
3. I am a food network junkie!
4. Sorry I had to add another one!! I Get super excited when someone has a reply to the pictures of my cakesicon_smile.gif I'm a geek!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%