Way Off Topic... Three Random Things About You

Lounge By edencakes Updated 1 Mar 2014 , 1:25am by karina_lisa2010

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 7:35pm
post #271 of 408

Okay, here goes....
1. I may be one of the oldies on here, I am 58, married 36 years, 3 grown sons, one grandson.
2. I have done cakes since 1972 & candy since 1078, I love setting up at craft shows with the candy.
3. I love poker, canasta, Mah Jongg and TV...my fav shows are Lost, 24, Law & Order (all of em)

missmersh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmersh Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 8:05pm
post #272 of 408

Aunt-Judy,
Mr. Buddy Chou is just so handsome!!! I just want to kiss him and hug him!!!!

My input on Christmas and trees:

The last two years i have been forced to use our artificial tree. I like the way it looks and all, but I WANT THE SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have not been able to afford a tree so, we have just used the fake one(I honeslty am not criticizing artificial trees.) I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!! It is my absolute, positively, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious favorite time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!

LOL When I was in college and living with my dad, i had my artificial tree in my bedroom. My dad and my bf(now dh) made fun of me cause I would keep it up until Easter. LOL It is just soooo pretty and I just love Christmas and all things related to Christmas!!!

Leslie

ariun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ariun Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 8:25pm
post #273 of 408

candyladyhelen -- you've done candy since 1078? You are truly the most senior. icon_smile.gif

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 8:28pm
post #274 of 408

I've been trying to come up with 3 things to post. Been thinking for a few days... here goes:

1) I met my husband on a blind date that I was convinced was a mistake to go on. He was divorced and had two young kids, I was 22, single for 2 years and finally enjoying my single life. We were engaged 6 weeks later, married 14 months later on my grandparents 50th Anniversary. I have a gorgeous but tenacious 18 month old son who is the light of my life. I also have my two wonderful step-kids. A girl who is 10 and a boy who is 8.

2) People tend to take me as a prude when they first meet me. I'm the least prudish person EVER! I guess I just have that kind of look...? I always tell people that I'm a truck driver's daughter and carpenter's wife, I've heard (and probably said) things that would make the rauchiest man blush!

3) I am the only one in my family who is crafty. I enjoy scrapbooking, quilting, photography, cake decorating, gardening, interior decorating... whatever, as long as my hands are busy. It drives my husband nuts that I don't actually sit down and watch TV with him without working on something else.

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 8:33pm
post #275 of 408

Well, Tabs8744, I can wiggle my ears also. It is a family trait. I used to cry when I was little because my dad and my sister could wiggle their ears and I couldn't. Spent alot of hours in front of that mirror until I could do it too. Funny to look back on things like that at my age (56). Since I've started reading this forum I can't get anything else done on the computer! Have got to take a break and make my grandson's birthday cake for tomorrow. Debating between a football jersey and a frog. His name is Jeremiah and I have always sang that song to him about the bullfrog. He's so easy to get along with that he won't care what it is as long as I make it. Did just tell me he wanted a white cake (darn, I like chocolate better). Luckily my other grandson has a birthday today and his mom does cakes so I got out of that one. She has his and 2 more to do for Saturday.

How many of you out there belong to any service organizations? I have been a member of Lions Club for almost 11 years and it has been so rewarding. Also on the Board for our food pantry here and things are looking dismal. So much donating going to the hurricane victims and we are running short for our needy here at home. We are recruiting the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts to help us with food drives and blanket drives for Xmas. My son is Cubmaster here and my daughter is Girl Scout Service Unit Manager so we are all involved. Sometimes I get discouraged when I see the same people asking for help and not trying to help themselves but I have tried to learn to give with an open heart and let them answer for what they do someday.

It's hard to keep this to 3 random things, isn't it?

missmersh Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 8:38pm
post #276 of 408

Lionladydi,
MAKE THE FROG!!!! I just love frogs...not the really the real, slimy kind, but all stuffed ones and anything looking like a frog. And every frog cake I have ever seen has been absolutely adorable.

You could make a frog wearing a football jersey! icon_smile.gif

And I am with your grandson....I like White cake! icon_smile.gif

Leslie

lionladydi Posted 13 Oct 2005 , 8:49pm
post #277 of 408

Okay Leslie, you might win. If my wrist wasn't hurting so badly I would make both. He is just finishing up his football season with Mighty Mites and is proud of being a football player at the ripe age of 10. Got a fat lip at practice and wore it like a badge of honor!! Actually I like any kind of cake as long as it has chocolate somewhere in it, on it, over it, through it, and just close to it. I'm a chocoholic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ddog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddog Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 3:27am
post #278 of 408

oooooo! my dd will be 5 on tuesday she loves frogs! In fact we just came back inside from a "frog hunt". Wanted a frog b-day, but dh thinks thats to boyish so we went with kitty cats!

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 3:50am
post #279 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariun

candyladyhelen -- you've done candy since 1078? You are truly the most senior. icon_smile.gif

Yes, it was most difficult at that time. I had to grow my own cocoa beans & then I had to find a way to process the beans into chocolate! It was hard but I was successful! But I am soooo tired now.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 6:57am
post #280 of 408

Well darn, there goes my "seniority" on CC, I can't top 1078!

I can't really discuss Christmas trees, I haven't put one up for a couple of years (well except for a small fibre-optic one). My artificial tree is crammed into the little outside storage closet of my apartment and it is just too much trouble to dig it out...and even more trouble to put it back! If I want to look at a really beautifully decorated tree I go to my son's house, my DIL goes crazy with the tree and house decorations (on all occasions, not just Christmas.)

When I did have a tree, I wanted all the same color, the last one I did was all pink. Janice

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 11:35am
post #281 of 408

Hi,
Nice idea to open a topic like that. It took me realy long to finish reading it. icon_lol.gif

I am estonian. *i don't think you would even know where this little place is.* (and don't tell me that i am russian, because we have nothing in common with them exept that we usued to be occupied by them.)
Fell in love with a cypriot. so now i live in another tiny country called Cyprus.

I just turned 30. that actually was a great shock because i always thought i was 24 til my birthday morning.

I have three boys ages 1 1/2, 5 and 7.
They drive me nuts most of the time. will not go for the fourth because i am sure it wouldn't be a girl either.

So i guess thats it about me. I don't work and the cakes are my hobby. I love fondant. If i wouldn't have fondant themn maybe my house would be filled with little clay figures and we would not have space to step anywhere.

I found this site maybe a week ago, but absolutely love it.
You people are great and so talented! your works are fantastic!
Nice to be here with you.

good luck to everybody thumbs_up.gif

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 11:39am
post #282 of 408

I just got back from Vegas so I want to play now....

I love reading about everyone this is great!

1. I am a SAHM with 3 great kids - and an Army hubby of 10 years next month.

2. I am addicted to Harry Potter and think I could have made a great witch - Halloween is my favorite holiday too.

3. I went to school at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and have my pilots license. Got a BS in Aeronautical Science but then went back to school and am a Nurse now - but someday hope to open a bakery with my sister.

icon_biggrin.gif Sarah! usaribbon.gif

lionladydi Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 1:18pm
post #283 of 408

After reading this the past few days I have decided that there is a tiny baker in all of us just crying to get out. So many have such interesting professions (including SAHMs--I think that is the best profession yet--I just didn't get to be one), yet long to open a bakery some day. I have done waitress work, bartender work, made baby shoes, owned a restaurant, owned a bar, and raised my two children basically on my own and I still wish I could own a bakery. I just couldn't see a profit in it and knew I didn't have that special talent. I see the talent now in my daughter so maybe there's hopes some day of one in the family. LOL

mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 4:12pm
post #284 of 408

Hey mvigil, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with a kid that thinks I'm scary! icon_biggrin.gif She actually drew a desktop backround on my computer at work (of all places!) of these huge, green bloodshot eyeballs and titled it "mean green eyeballs". Everyone gets a real kick out of it except me. Unfortunately, she inherited her father's blue eyes icon_mad.gif I held my breath for her entire first year waiting for them to change. Oh well, she may look like him but she has my personality!

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 5:20pm
post #285 of 408

Hi all
Steph, first of all thank you very much you gave me a chance to know every one here.
I think now I better know about you all.

Now its my turn.

1st I have lots and lots of friends, which is not manageable icon_redface.gif but I like to be in touch with all of them. I love to be a friend and make new friends. icon_smile.gif

2nd I think God gave me many arts and talent. shhh.gificon_wink.gif Which is good. You can see my website - http://icreativity.tripod.com/
I did lots of things but fact is I never made and business with any of them at all. I am not stable with any of them. Oh God! Which is not fair. But I think now I will go with cake decorating for long time. thumbs_up.gif Its my favorite art.

3rd I always dreaming about a nice two story, worm and cozy home, which I had in my childhood. So, I am waiting for my DREAM HOME. icon_smile.gif

Thanks
Nitu

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 5:50pm
post #286 of 408

OK, lol, I have to jump on the "eye" bandwagon. My eyes are green or blue depending on mood or clothes.

My oldest daughter has my father's blue, blue, Irish eyes. Her father's eyes are blue but not like her's or my dad's. She has dark brown hair so they are stunning on her. My dad had black hair.

My two sons have my eyes but they are not as apt to change as mine. But both definetly got the green eyes.

My youngest daughter has the blue, blue Irish eyes of my dad even though her dad's eyes are brown. And she has light hair but will probably change since both her dad's and my hair are very dark.

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 5:59pm
post #287 of 408

That is Way COOL thier is a lot of us out thier -I would have never thought !!

Thanks for sharing cybourg!! thumbs_up.gif

susgene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susgene Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 6:11pm
post #288 of 408

Here are the three things about me:

1) I got married at 21 and I've been married for 21 years - Married a man who was raising his two small kids on his own and decided to help. What was I thinking?!

2) Two years ago I couldn't ice a cupcake without it falling to pieces until my step-daughter said "Mom, it would mean so much to me for you to make my wedding cake." I laughed so hard... then went to take classes. Couldn't disappoint.

3) I have watched Guiding Light allll my life! I work a 8-5 job and then can't wait to get home to pop some kennel corn and plop myself on my couch and turn on the DVR. ahhhhhhh!

I'm addicted to this site -- yep, even at work... shhhhhh

lionladydi Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 9:04pm
post #289 of 408

Well, Leslie, we all sorta won. I made the football player with his number on the jersey and used a white cake mix. Then my daugher in law decided one cake wouldn't be enough to feed all her side of the family's kids so asked could I do another. I made a choc layer cake with choc icing and border and put green grass on top with ceramic frogs. So Jerimiah has his bullfrogs and his football. Also had my year old grandson all day and 3 more after school so I'm thinking a long hot shower and relax here soon. Homecoming parade and then birthday party. Missed lunch and am trying to figure out when to fit in supper!! Tomorrow my Red Hat Society chapter is putting on a fashion show so a busy weekend ahead.

Beecharmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beecharmer Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 9:20pm
post #290 of 408

Three things about myself....

1. I love nature and am a beekeeper (thus the name Beecharmer).

2. Just got married on August 13th, although we have lived together for 5 years.

3. Don't have any kids, but act like my dogs and rabbit are humans.

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 9:37pm
post #291 of 408

I am president of my neighborhood association and i wright for the Habitat for Humanity family news lines. I also do final clean on newly built houses, i scrapbook, help out at both of my kids schools and of course bake. i also like to garden, and work out at least 3 times a week and still have time to go over homework and spend time with the DH

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 9:46pm
post #292 of 408

OK after much negotiating my Chritsmas tree is going up on the 5th. lol i am already over half done with my christmas shopping. I know i know im a freak. I always spend way to much money. Im a shopaholic and darn proud of it. I am a stay at home mom for now. once my youngest goes to school i will work part time to save up some money. i am constantly doing laundry i cant stand to see dirty clothes as soon as i have enough for a load im washing away. i wash our bedding once a week vacumm everyday more than once sometimes having a 2 year old i have to make sure the house stays clean. ok ok enough about my weird habits. on to someone else...........

lionladydi Posted 14 Oct 2005 , 11:37pm
post #293 of 408

Okay, so I could get Susanmm23 to come by and do the laundry and vacuuming and Briansbaker to do the dusting...............this is getting better and better. The dust bunnies are reproducing faster than I can count and I HAVE to clean bathrooms and mop the kitchen tonight before company comes tomorrow. Two cakes in one day has drained this poor old woman. I used to be a fanatic about housework but I have found that a person can get accustomed to a little clutter and dirt as they get older. LOL

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 4:37am
post #294 of 408

I am so hooked on reading up about everyone on here... it looks like I've created a monster! icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

missmersh Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 7:50am
post #295 of 408

lionladydi,
Sounds like you have been a busy bee!!! No wonder you have the dust bunnies...no time to dust... icon_smile.gif
I know you just love being able to be so close with your grandson and I know he loves it too!!!

I am so glad you got your chocolate!!!! Your cakes sound great...you should post them so we can see!

Hope you get a little R&R soon!
Leslie icon_smile.gif

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 11:36am
post #296 of 408

Congrats on getting married Beecharmer icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

millionairess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millionairess Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 12:39pm
post #297 of 408

Hi all,

Ive been reading all the post for the past couple of days, now i want to join in!

Firstly, im not a millionairess, just wishing to be one! Im from Malaysia...anybody know where that is? The country above Singapore & below Thailand.

Secondly, been married for the past 16yrs to wonderful husband. Hv 2 kids , my boy is 7 & girl is 5.

Third, Im hooked on cc. Ive learnt alot more here than at classes.

The cc family is just wonderful!!

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 1:24pm
post #298 of 408

Well here goes

1:I'm 32,Redhead with green eyes that sometimes change to blue or
grey depending on my mood. I have 4 kids 2 girls and 2 boys (13,10,7,3) only one has red hair like me The other 3 range from
dark brown to blond.I've been with my hubby 8 years known him for
30 years.We were just really good friend ,it's funny who you end up with.

2:I love anything to do with Witches and vampires ,Anne Rice books
i just love. Halloween is my fave time of year.I'm dressing up
as a vampire this year.Throwing my daughter a halloween b-day party
next weekend.(her b-day was sept .6)but she wanted a halloween party,
and wanted to wait until oct. to have her party.

3:I love Interior decorating i change the way my house looks
every year sometimes more then that.My livingroom right now
looks like a castle.I drive my hubby nuts he never knows how the
house is going to look or what period of time we'll be living in...lol icon_wink.gif

Well i hope i didn't bore any of you to sleep icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Carrie

4cakefiends Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4cakefiends Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 1:32pm
post #299 of 408

Leslie,

FYI...to get that c'mas tree smell, get Evergreen candle from Yankee candles...it smells wonderful.

Wait, I'm forgetting it might be Christmas Wreath. Can't remember which one I liked better. they both are good though and you would never know that your tree is artificial when you burn this candle.

lionladydi ~ I feel your exhaustion. I just finished a marathon 2 day cake backing extravaganza. I made a cake for my uncle (well, actually 2) I got inspiration from cc and made a chocolate 8" square with a 1/2 ball for a golf ball. It turned out really cute. Then I made 4 cakes for my friends daughter's bday party today. She wanted a Beauty and the beast theme. She put it all in my hands. Being the good friend that she is, she knows that I will go above and beyond the call when turned over completely to myself. So, I made her her Belle doll (as requested from daughter) and then made Mrs. Potts and Chip, and then a castle (just from the wilton pan...nothing extravagant). I will post a picture when I get a chance...maybe not until tomorrow. I enjoy making cakes and this was sure a lot of practice. The cakes are all diff flavors, so we will have a smorgosboard of cake...choc, strawberry, french vanilla, and the durable cake for 3D found on this site. Can't wait to actually get to eat some this afternoon.

Oh, I also made (with the leftover mini wondermolds) two female parts for my friend's husband. My dh took them to work w/him yesterday and he just loved them. I'm ready to collapse now.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Julie

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 15 Oct 2005 , 4:49pm
post #300 of 408

Can I join in even though I'm new here?

Here are 3 really random things about me...

1. From about April until November each year I "speed walk" 6 miles day. But I'm a fair-weather walker and HATE the cold, so the rest of the year I don't really exercise at all!

2. I am a certified Reading Specialist and an Educational Therapist, specializing in learning disabilities and attention issues. I was a special education teacher for 10 years, then worked as a learning specialist at a private school for 4, but quit last year to open my private practice. It was the BEST decision (*it also gives me the opportunity to log on to this site several times a day, as I work from home!)

3. I have been married just over 6 years to my soul mate - but when we met he was disguised as my next door neighbor!

I'm also icnredibly shy and introverted, so this is wonderful for me! I'd never "talk" this much in person!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%