post #331 of 408

VickiC, I love your dog!!!icon_smile.gif

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 6:22pm
post #332 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsgrace

I'll keep it going:

1. I met my husband 15 years ago while cutting his hair ( I was a cosmotologist at the time). Very romantic huh. It was, I got to run my hands through his hair while I day dreamed of marring him!!!

2. I have 5 kids, 16 (she makes me stress more than the rest combined), 9, 8, and twins that are 6.

3. I love to do any kind of crafts only I hate to clean my messing!!! I'm not a good housekeeper, I blame it on having so many kids!

4. I am closer to my in-laws than my own family. I have absolutely wonderful in-laws.

This is crazy, i met my hubby 15 years ago but i was not cutting his hair..icon_wink.gif
and i am closer to my inlaws than my own family. weird how much people are alike and they dont even know it.

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 2:25pm
post #333 of 408

Ok here goes.

1) I have 4 children the oldest is 19, the youngest is 101/2, the littlest is my only girl.And I've home schooled them all.

2) Divorced once, and then met the man of my dreams 15 years ago and been blessed every day.

3) I learned to bake and decorate about 3 years ago from a friend at church. My husband is an electrician and was wiring a new shop for them and the wife simply asked him if I might like to learn. He said "Yes!" (he loves cake) and with Gods help and the teaching of a wonderful friend here I am!

P.S. For those who hate to dust!! Dust is a protective coating.

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 5:38am
post #334 of 408

1) I'm an identical twin. 1 minute older than my sis ,but 3 inches shorter(i'm 5'6"). LOL

2) I'm currently fostering a wonderful albino ferret boy(You'd never guess!! LOL) named Nanook. He's my dream ferret! icon_biggrin.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/Awolf2b/Nanook-sleeping5-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/Awolf2b/Nanook-sleeping1.jpg

3) I'm a huge animation fan. I don't really like reality shows or things like American Idol. Sorry, It just doesn't interest me ,and i feel bad when the person gets hurt or has to deal with something really mean or cruel. I'm a big softee LOL.

siealy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
siealy Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 10:19pm
post #335 of 408

I want to play too!!!

1. My biggest pet peeve - everyone in my family (including my husband) thinks I need help using the bathroom. Not a moment of piece.

2. My husband and I got together at 17 and 11 years later we are still here, only enriched with 3 beautiful children.

3. Haven't hit my 30s yet, but still have my tongue and belly button pierced and also have a couple of tatoos!

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 1:46am
post #336 of 408

One of my mother's pet peeves was the fact that when she went to the bathroom or took a bath all 5 kids and both dogs would come in and sit. I always told her that was the only time she stopped working long enough for us to talk to her! Surely wish she was still around so I could sit on the edge of the tub and talk to her. Now I have the grandkids doing me the same way!

dawnrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnrunner Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 3:51am
post #337 of 408

It has been fun and taken a loooong time to read all the posts on this thread. Just want to jump in and add my two cents worth.

1. I met my hubby when I turned 15 and he was 21, he told me he was going to marry me and I laughed in his face. We were married the day after my 17th birthday and we will be celebrating our "41st anniversary" this year. We have to adult daughters, a wonderful sil, two beautiful grand daughters, 13 and 2 1/2yrs.

2. I totally love being a grandmother and enjoy playing with my g-kids. I totally love children and was a foster parent for 12 yrs for severely abused children, had a home day-care for 15 yrs. Took a 10 yr break and going through the process of starting a day care again. I am a facilitator at a childrens grief center and love it.

3. I went back to school last year and graduated top of my class with an AA in Biblical Studies. Not bad for someone my ripe old age.

4. My daughters are still waiting for me to grow up...fat chance I am having too much fun!

lionladydi Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 4:03am
post #338 of 408

My hat off to you Dawnrunner for your work with severely abused children. It takes a special person to be a foster mother and even a more special person to foster those who are abused.

Don't give in to your daughters and grow up--I'm 56 and I haven't grown up yet either! My 6 grandchildren make me feel old sometimes but I refuse to grow up!

dawnrunner Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 5:49am
post #339 of 408

Thank you, Lionladydi. I am going to be 58 this year and my grandkids are my excuse for "not" growing up, I am their favorite playmate. I come from an abusive background and my heart has always been to give other abused kids a better chance in life than I had. In doing so I have been blessed beyond measure...

lionladydi Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 4:10pm
post #340 of 408

Dawnrunner, I can relate to that. Am from an abusive background also. People that don't think these situations exist are keeping their heads buried in the ground. My father's family still finds it hard to believe what my father put my sister and I through. It's an ugly world out there sometimes. My biggest regret is not speaking up until I was 50 years old and it broke my mother's heart.

dawnrunner Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 5:25pm
post #341 of 408

Lionladydi, everyone in my family knew what was going on, but in those days the child was always at fault and society believed that what went on behind closed doors in ones family was no one elses business. Children were the property of their parents, period. I did speak out loud and clear only to be accused of being a trouble maker, not liking my parents etc. etc. I am thankful that through out the years special people came into my life who encouraged me and helped me believe in myself and myself worth - these special ones gave me the courage to go on living. I was blessed to have them in my life and when I had the chance I wanted to do the same for others. Life can be interesting, nevertheless I am glad to be alive!
My heart hurts for you and your sister and anyone else that has gone through or is going through an abusive situation - believe me there is hope for a better tomorrow and healing and restoration too.
Sorry guys/gals to have gotten off the subject of this thread.

lionladydi Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 5:37pm
post #342 of 408

My apologies also--we did get sidetracked. It's been so long ago that I listed my 3 things that I forgot what I listed. Will have to go back and find it. LOL

cakinqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakinqueen Posted 1 Feb 2006 , 7:19pm
post #343 of 408

Ok here's what I got....

1. Sorry to dissapoint all of you but I have the best hubby in the world! We have known each other since 5th grade dated in high school got married in 1993 at the age of 19 (to the fmailies relief we were not pregnant)

2. I have 3 tattoos but my favorite is the pastry bag one I designed. I used to have my eyebrow pierced before my work asked me to remove it (lawyers are so judgemental)

3. The hardest but most rewarding thing I have done is the 3 Day Breast Cancer walk to honor my friends that have passed away from this awful disease. I am only 32 and have lost 2 friends in one year to this disease. (They can take your breast but not your soul!)

melony1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melony1976 Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 6:14am
post #344 of 408

Wow 23 pages later and i'm done reading all the great information that was shared by all on here. Its amazing what a variety of people that are on this site and we're all connected by one thing and that is our love of cakes. icon_lol.gif Pretty cool if you ask me. Now its my turn lets see where to begin,

I'm 29 and have been married for 11 yrs to my 29 yr old hubby. We have a beautiful talented 7 yr old daughter that dances folklorico.

I'm a SAHM and I am very active in my daughters school I'm on the board of PTA I hold the treasures position.

I love music of all kinds My all time favorite is The Dave Matthews Band ( I love him) I also love garth brooks shania twain. The odd thing is that I'm a big Rock fan from the stones and aerosmith to linkin park and Bush.
I've been going to rock concerts since iwas about 10 I have practically seen all bands that are worth seeing. I'm also stuck on the 80's retro music like The cure new order and all the other new wave bands. Along with that I'm still into all the old Hair rock bands like White Snake and many more that I could name.

I love my relationship with my Dh we still hold hands he still tells me he loves me everyday and I love the way he loves our daughter. We have decided we want to try to have more kids. We have been trying for almost a year now with no luck and that scares me. I feel bad that my daughter may stay an only child.

My mother is my bestfriend we talk everyday and I was an only child until 8 years ago when she had my sister. So my daughter has an aunt that is 1 yr older than her, which is very cool.

Last one me and my dh are an odd couple I'm a simple typical PTA mom and my husband is a 6ft 3 in tall scarry biker looking guy with alot of tattoos. He's really just a big teddy bear my daughter likes when he goes to the school because the kids like to go and talk to her daddy.They think he's really cool. icon_lol.gif

Umm thats it for now. Sorry i said so much I intended on just three but then once my hands started typing they wouldn't shut up. Kind of like me most of the time.

Ok Next thumbs_up.gif

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 3:33pm
post #345 of 408

I've really enjoyed reading about everyone! This was a great idea. Let me see....3 things...

1. I am having an affair with George Clooney....in my head. icon_cool.gif My husband thinks that if I ever meet him I will run away with him. I have tried hard to tell him that it's just an infatuation...he's old enough to be my father!!

2. I have been married for 4 years and have 2 beautiful children, a 3 year old and an 11 month old.

3. I discovered this site in an attempt to make my first cake for my baby's first birthday. Everyone has been so helpful and supportive that I feel like I can do anything. I am taking classes and can't wait to make her cake now!!

Angie

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 2 Feb 2006 , 5:07pm
post #346 of 408

Wow!!!! So many interesting people! It has been fun reading about everybody!

1. I am 26 and married to the most wonderful man(of course). We have been married for 8 years and have been blessed with 6 adorable children. There are 5 boys Dominic 7, Luke 6, Philip 5, Nicholas 2, and our little angel Charles who passed away two years ago and would have been 4 this June. I finally got my little girl Rebecca and she will be 1 in July. I know she will be a tomboy when she gets older but for right now she wears pink and lace.
2. I am a stay at home mom and tend to be a little obsesive compulsive about cleaning my house which drives my husband nuts. It is also getting harder to keep up with the cleaning, having all of the boys. Four boys sharing one toilet. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! When my little girl gets old enough I think I will let her use my bathroom.
3. I am a closet reality show lover. No matter how stupid it is, I will watch it. I Love American Idol, especially in the beginning with the really bad singers.
4. I love decorating cake!!! I am addicted to this site and have learned so much from everone. It is hard to find the time to do the cakes, usually at night after the kids are in bed but it is so worth it. My only me time.

It was so nice to "meet" everyone.

melony1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melony1976 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 3:27am
post #347 of 408

icon_surprised.gif 6 kids wow Bless your heart. I think a big family is so nice. Dont worry about your daughter being a tomboy there is still hope that she will be a girly girl. My cousin has 4 boys and the youngest one is a little girl shes 10 now and the biggest Princess you will ever meet. She wants nothing to do with sports or anything boyish.

cat633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat633 Posted 3 Feb 2006 , 4:19am
post #348 of 408

Wow, this is great. Here's a little about me.

I'm 28. Met my husband 11 years ago at work, working at Flinstone park(you could literally say he was Fred and I was Wilma, I think he was actually Dino.) We've been married almost 7 years and have 2 children, Katana 9 and Kyle 3.

Just started singing again after a long break. I have been in my towns symphony chorus since September. I realized I needed to do something for my self. It is also why I have started cake decorating.

I'm very reserved and don't talk much unless I know someone very well. I'm a listener.

My mom is also my best friend.

Chrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrystal Posted 16 Feb 2006 , 1:09am
post #349 of 408

Hhaha my turn..

1. I am a licensed Beautician. Don't use it though. Used to run a nail salon but gave it up when iw ent to culinary school!

2. I love to do puzzles. Haha. i am a puzzle freak. YOu could put me in a room with a folding card table and a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle and i could be happy all day lol.

3. I love to sleep. I could sleep for days... haha...
Sorry none of this was relaly really interesting.. Oh heres one lol.. Sometimes when i get bored. I will seperate my dogs food. YOu know how it comes in like a mixture. Well i know what they like. so i seperate it all and i put it in different bowls. Lol.. i know im crazy.. But i love my dogs haha...

LisaMS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMS Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 3:55am
post #350 of 408

Phoov, my sister lives in Lakewood. Wish she lived closer to me; although it's a nice place to visit!

Let's see; about me:

1) I discovered a couple of years ago I love playing with wood. I had been wanting to remodel my kitchen and realized it'd never get done unless I did it myself. Husband didn't have time and we didn't have the money to hire it done. Most of the remodel was cosmetic (as in painting; changing out hardware, etc.) but I did manage to design and build a bar area; build a couple of cabinet additions; and redesign my island to hold recipe books/wilton food paste bottles! My husband was not happy when he came home and found I had ripped out some upper peninsula cabinets in the first phase of this remodel; but as the days progressed and things started looking nice he was quite relieved; even proud of me! icon_smile.gif (He bought me my own nail gun!) I'm pretty proud of myself for taking the risk and learning something new; even if I didn't warn my hubby first!

2) 43, married 22 years to a wonderful guy; mother of 2 teenage boys

3) I also learned last summer I love to jet ski!

lionladydi Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 4:16am
post #351 of 408

Congratulations on your carpentery! I have totally remodeled my house over the years but the only part I played was tearing it apart. Took it down to the framework but definitely had to hire people to put it back together. My house is so old I found square nails holding it together. It had so many layers of wallpaper, I quit counting. Now has new drywall, windows, doors, siding, roof, and added a utility room, bathroom, office and kitchen and bar area with more cabinets and drawers than you can imagine. Decided I wanted to change the cabinet and drawer pulls last week and I counted 76. I love my kitchen and I wanted it big enough so people wouldn't get in my way when I cook! I admire anyone that can do their own work. I'm just a demolition person. icon_lol.gif

Looks like you are multi-talented from the looks of your beautiful cakes.

Diane

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 5:29am
post #352 of 408

Guess I'll bare all too:

1) I was diagnosed with ADD two years ago...it explained A LOT!! But it's made a HUGE difference in my life just knowing.

2) I'm 1 of 4 sisters ages: 55,52,51,45 (yours truly) and 41...and we're all in various stges of "the change" icon_cry.gif

3) I secretly pray that my dh's peter will peter out (soon).

Gee what a rush that was!!! icon_lol.gif

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 6:30am
post #353 of 408

Okay, after postin my own stuff I went back and read all the responses in here whoowhee!!! Lots of interesting people in here that's for sure!

Before I sign off for the night three more things about me:

1) I hate coffee and beer
2) I married my neighbor at 33 after being neighbors since we were 15 & 16, so we've been married 12 years but have known each other 31 years.
3) I volunteer as a senior companion.

Good night!!!

Devonee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Devonee Posted 20 Feb 2006 , 6:50am
post #354 of 408

I want to play!

1) I've been married 5 years and am only 24

2) I had my first child a year and a half after I was married and my second two and a half years later.

3) I am the 2nd youngest of 9 children and the youngest girl and I don't plan on having 9 of my own!

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 1:47am
post #355 of 408
Quote:
Quote:

I secretly pray that my dh's peter will peter out (soon).

if you pray that he wont play, then away he will go to to find a new play....mate. Be happy that he wants to play after all these years...and not just with himself!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 3:23am
post #356 of 408

What interesting people you all are! it's kind of like going out to happy hour with the people you work with...you get to know things you normally would not.

1. My greatest desire is to be a better parent than mine..and I think I'm on the right track!

2. I always thought I missed the family artistic gene, until I started with cookies and cooking in general. Just a different medium I guess.

3. My hero is June Cleaver (try living up to that one! Whew! I never have perfect hair....)

Happy Day to you all!

Julia

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 9:07pm
post #357 of 408

Okay, I came across this looking for something else - but now I want to play!!!

1. I've worked at a road construction magazine - I LITERALLY wrote about asphalt and how a certain road won a prize once. It sounds goofy, but it was my first internship & I got more respect there than at my first real job.

2. I love Spanish rock music. I am completely tone deaf, but I don't care. I cannot decorate a cake without my headphones and singing along with
my music, which aside from Spanish rock includes Johnny Cash, John Lennon (I LOVE "Imagine") and good ol' 80s music.

3. I think the best thing in life is to have a wonderful husband who loves you as much as you love him and to raise all the blessed children God gives you. If I am lucky enough to have this one day, I would never be able to ask for anything else.

Muse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Muse Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 9:42pm
post #358 of 408

Ooh, this is fun!

Ok, let's see...

1.) I have been engaged 6 times and I am only 22. I am the first one to tell you that just because you're engaged doesn't mean you're getting married!

2.) I used to model and am currently working my way into the vintage pin-up model industry. It's fairly small.

3.) The apartments I lived in when I lived in Gulfport, MS are now gone, I believe.

pinknlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinknlee Posted 21 Feb 2006 , 10:39pm
post #359 of 408

Three things about myself

1. I love the color pink!!!!!! I have too many pink shirts!!!!

2. I married my first kiss. We went on a couple of dates in High School and seven years later re-met and got married six months later!

3. I love to write stories of any kind! I have two differnt ones going right now and several more sitting in my head!

I thought this would be hard, but it was hard to pick only three!!!

bellasmadre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellasmadre Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 2:39pm
post #360 of 408

Im late jumping on the bandwagon but maybe someone is still reading icon_smile.gif

1. I've been married going on 5years althou Im only 24 and I wasn't preggo when we got married. We now have our long awaited beautiful daughter Skyler Bella (7 months old) after over a year of trying to conceive. Spoiled doesn't even start to describe this preemie.

2. Im an attachted parent which means : I cloth diaper, baby wear, and co sleep. Shes into her own crib now but there are still nights when she isn't feeling well and wants to be in the middle of Mama and Daddy. I don't see anything wrong with that. I go with my gut on raising my daughter and I do what feels right. Not textbook!

3. I work on a Naval Base full time routing Navy Message's. I love my job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%