Way Off Topic... Three Random Things About You

Lounge By edencakes Updated 1 Mar 2014 , 1:25am by karina_lisa2010

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 2:23pm
post #211 of 408

This is so cool to read every ones storys and be able to relate in so many ways !! thumbs_up.gif

Julie and Bonnie that is neat to read that our eyes are so much alike!!

Thnks again to every one this is great thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 2:47pm
post #212 of 408

hummmm...

1. I have been married sooo many times, the lists looks like Santa's list!!! Not really!! Just on my third husband. We've been married 12 1/2 years. I have 2 boys; 21 and 8.

2. I smoke!!! (and hate it!)

3. My biggest secret...I've stayed in touch with a guy I dated in high school (a 30 year friendship) He is married. We are each others marriage counselors. Ssshhh!!

P.S. After losing 90 pounds, I went to a health club for the Carmen Electra Strip class!! That was rough on my 45 yr old tail bone!!! But, it was fun!!

Sophie-Em Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sophie-Em Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 2:52pm
post #213 of 408

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Dont worry you will do just fine. I had my first at 20 second at 22 and my third(and only planned child) at 40. Things you freaked out with the first couple you just sit back and laugh at with the last. After having a 11 1/2 pounder then a 8 pounder we were really surprised when my youngest son came early at 4 lb 12 oz. I was told that the babies get bigger as you have more not the other way around. Anyway.
I am a stay at home mom and grandmom(were raising our granddaughter she is 4 along with our 8 year old son. ) My DH and I have been married 7 1/2 years. My second marriage. Yes I married my boss. He is 9 years younger than I am. We have been together for 1 years.We have so much in common and he even taught me how to ride a motorcycle. We have 2 granddaughters Sophie & Emma and 1 grandson Kristofer. I started baking when I was 13 and always dreamed of owning my own bakery. My mother encouraged me to keep trying new things so when she and my sister in law were both fighting colon cancer I started to really get into the baking. When my mom died I just stopped. My sister in law did make it now she encourages me to keep doing the things I love to do. Especially cake decorating and genealogy. It is amazing what comes out of the woodwork when you look into your families history. Other than we have 3 cats Samantha and the boys Preston and Steve that just about finishes it. This site and all of you have been so wonderful .Thank you

Sophie-Em Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sophie-Em Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 2:54pm
post #214 of 408

Sorry about the typo we have been together for 11 years

Wandootie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wandootie Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 3:06pm
post #215 of 408

Hello!

My real name is Wanda and I live in Easley, SC.

My three ramdom things are:

Married 18 years with 1 child...a boy 17 years old.

Owner of a small daylily farm.

I am a member of the Tolkien Society and am a member of the 100 club, meaning I am considered amoung the top 100 Tolkien experts in the world... one of only 5 in the United States. This is something that is a really big deal to me...something that I have accomplished after 30 years of study.

Weezer

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 3:11pm
post #216 of 408

That is soo neat Wanda thanks for sharing !! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Darstus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darstus Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 3:14pm
post #217 of 408

This is fun!!!!

1. I too am from a large family (10), 4 girls and 6 boys. Holidays together with spouses and children would be 42 and once we counted 75 different dishes on the table!

2. Always had a dream to be a singer. Use to do parties and occasionally in a club in Memphis but that was way back in the folk singing days!!

3. My second marriage came about after a blind date with a 39 year old bachelor. He told me on the third date he was going to marry me! We married 2 years later and are going on year 18.

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 3:21pm
post #218 of 408

1) I grew up in a very small town. No stop light. Railroad tracks on one side of the Main Street and Mayberry-type buildings (you know, they share the walls between them) about 100 yards long, if that. We raised all sorts of animals - cats, dogs, pigs, rabbits, guinea pigs, quail, chickens, hamsters, mice, peacocks, and geese. I now live in the "big city", Prattville, AL. I know, none of you know where that is. Not a problem, I'll get over it. I moved "up" here after I lost a nephew and brother (seperate incidents) in 1994. Went wild for about 3 years, then God grabbed me, shook me up, and put me in a crazy "holy roller" church that is dear to my heart. Don't worry, I can cut my hair, wear makeup, and skirts.

2)Met my husband through an acquaintence that annoyed the crap out of me. She set us up - literally. She had plans with me to eat dinner at a local restaurant then called her brother and invited him. First thing I said to her after we left the restaurant was, "Don't try to set me up with your brother. He is not my type!" Famous last words of a fool, huh! We got married 5 months later and next month is our 4th anniversary!

3) I started cake decorating just this past March ('05). It started with me telling my best friend that I would take care of the groom's cake at her wedding. I had no clue what I was doing. I started researching about 2 months prior and found you guys. Now my life is all about cake! Since March, I've decided that this is the business I want to move into. I'm doing it now just as a side note, I suppose. I want to go to cullinary school and hope to one day open up a full-time business.

4) (I know, I know...you only asked for three, but I have to put one last thing in!) - - I am 31 years old, do not have children - yet! I have a dog named Bo. I love sweets. I hate spiders and snakes. I am not a girly-girl, though! My favorite movie is "Hope Floats". I live for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday night television! Sleeping is an art form for me! I practice often!

lng_1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lng_1978 Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 3:23pm
post #219 of 408

Okay...I'm in!!!

1. I just recently got married. I dated my husband for 4years before he finally popped the question.

2. I have a longed haired minature dachshund named Tank! He thinks he is hot stuff.

3. I have been in the cake business for a year now...my ulitmate goal is to have a shop of my own.

ariun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ariun Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 3:33pm
post #220 of 408

Hi delithra! You're not the only one from SEAsia here. *hug* I'm from just across the Malaysian Causeway, down south. But I'm pretty sure I'm the only CCer where I am now -- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.

3 random things, eh?
*I love languages -- have studied 8 but speak only 4 to any useful extent (gotta use it or lose it).
*I like wearing vintage clothes, especially from the 50s & 60s.
*The only from-scratch cake I've succeeded at over here is banana cake.

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 3:53pm
post #221 of 408

WOW - what can I say - all you interesting people!

As some of you know, I'm a Brit living in Los Angeles. Came here 8 years ago when I married my DH, whom I've known over 20 years (we used to work together in London when we were each married to others. Our respective partners deserted us, so some 8 years later, after being friends all those years, love blossomed, we got married and I moved over here). Long winded, I know. DH is deaf - partly genetic, partly because of his job - he's an electronic design engineer - all that stereo testing and loud music!

I have a law degree, but haven't used it in years. Got into personnel by default - don't know why, some people are a pain in the ****. I wish you guys were my staff!

I'm 56, eldest of 3 - my brother lives in Australia (been there 10 times, love it). My mom and sister live in Yorkshire in England and we try to go over at least once a year to see our families. My nephew gets married next March and I'm making the cake. Mom's 80th birthday the week after and, guess what, I'm making the cake!

Love my cat, Zack (he can be a little tinker), love Cold Case and NCIS, as well as any cooking program - am into fine dining and nice wines.

That's about it!
Barbara

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 4:08pm
post #222 of 408

So this is what happens when I don't visit here for two days!!!! Wow!!!!!

Not too many interesting things about me besides the obvious!!!!!.....

I love cake decorating!!!!

I lost both my parents by the time I was 30!!

I love to draw and write!!!

I despised my husband when I first met him!!!

I'm allergic to cats but love them and have always had one as a pet. I'm so sad I just can't bury my face in my kitty's furry soft belly! icon_razz.gif

I love photography!

I have this crazy idea that I'll be jumping out of an airplane on my next visit to San Diego next March!! icon_cry.gif ( Uh! I should explain that I will be doing a tandem jump along with my niece. She has somehow talked me into doing it with her.)

I know that's more than three but I just couldn't think of anything interesting!!!

Amy

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 5:39pm
post #223 of 408

Wow... I went out of town for a couple of days, and came back to find THIS! icon_eek.gif I haven't even been able to read all of the posts yet, I have so much to do now that I'm back. I'll will be catching up as time allows.

THANK YOU to everyone who's responded in this thread, I'm so glad to have this chance to get to know so many interesting and diverse people, all brought together by a common love (cakes!) thumbs_up.gif

This has certainly evolved from the original 'three random things', but I love it! A couple more things about me (if you care!):

Hubby (the one I met online icon_rolleyes.gif) is four years older than me, and from England. When we first told my parents we were getting married I was 17, and they said NO. So, I waited til I was 18 icon_twisted.gif. I had to support both of us for the first three years until he could get his work permit and start his own business.

I was homeschooled, I hated it (my mom was clinically depressed) so I had to do most of the schooling on my own. I graduated when I was 16. I didn't have a lot of friends growing up because we moved a lot. By the time I was 8 I was living in my 12th house. I'm now in my 17th.

I have worked in food service since I was 14, I worked 35-40 hours a week (I could do this because child labor laws didn't apply because my dad was the owner). When I turned 18 I became general manager of a local deli that grossed over $1 million/yr, and ran that until I was 22. I got sick of that life, and went to work at Starbucks as a barista part-time so I could do cakes as well, and have been there for the last 2 years. They keep trying to get me to move up, and I keep refusing icon_cool.gif

I love photography, but haven't spent much time on it lately icon_sad.gif. You can see some here.

That's all for now, back to catching up on the other posts!

prettytoya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettytoya Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 5:47pm
post #224 of 408

My Turn!

1. I'm 38 (just had a birthday 9-19-05) and have been married for four years to a man that's had a crush on me since 8th grade! Our funny story is he took my watch from a swimming area (when we were in Jr. High) and I wouldn't let anyone out until everyone was checked for the missing watch. Well, when we got married, he produces the watch and tells me "I just wanted something that belonged to you-I always new you were special." If you ever meet him-he's the one with the permanently black eyes for stealing my watch!

2. I always wanted to be a comedienne! I truly am funny! I have an eight year old son that is as hilarious as his mom. He's smart and charming and plays all sports, and one of his first pictures when he could walk is of him sticking his fingers in one of my CAKES! He WILL be an only child!

3. I play the lottery sometimes in hopes that I can be a great Philanthropist (did I spell that right?!) one day and give money to really needy charities that help families get on their feet. Right now the only thing I can give of is my time, I just wish I had the money...

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 5:52pm
post #225 of 408

Very nice website Edencakes!! Beautiful! BTW, I could never work at Starbucks because I love them so much that I wouldn't want to get tired of the place by working there... icon_razz.gif

I'll take a Grande Mocha Valencia please!!

I do love my Starbucks while I'm decorating. It's two of my favorite things!!!

Amy

4cakefiends Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4cakefiends Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 6:13pm
post #226 of 408

smashcakes ~ Ok, this just gets more and more interesting.... My dh and I lived in Indy (Broad Ripple) the year before we got married and then for 3 more yrs after that. I love it there. OK, get this...my dh and I are both from Northwest Indiana! Scott was born and grew up in Highland, his parents are still there. I grew up all around the area, East Chicago, Highland, Munster, Valparaiso, etc.. My family is still up there as well, just a bit more spread out, Highland, St. John, Cedar Lake, Crown Point, Valparaiso, Dyer, Merrillville. My sister lives in Indy now. She went to Butler, graduated and is now working there and living on the north side near St. Vincent's Hosp. and The Women's Hospital (where I had my eldest daughter and son) OK, now you need to share your info about the "region".

I am still loving reading all these posts about this diverse group of phenomemal women! Thanks to all for sharing!

Guess I'll add a few more things. I can't remember who talked about Paxil and the c'mas thing, but it was hilarious. I used to be so anal about the decorations, but now we put up the tree the week before t'giving and I let the 4 kids have at it. my dh and I only help out on the top where they can't reach and put up the special individual ornaments that are fragile. All ornaments have been given or bought for a specific reason. My MIL has started each child out with their own series from Hallmark and continues it every year until they stop that series and then she picks up new one if necc. So, they have an ornament for every year. I also buy significant ornaments, i.e. baseball for my son this year, gymnast for my 3 girls, and then whatever else I may come upon that suits what has happened during the year. I also love those clay ornaments that are personalized, so we get a family one each year and then, of course, the pets get theirs as well. We currently have 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 frogs, and 1 fish. It is just such a rememberance to hang each ornament and watch the kids remember those special times. No ornament is on my tree that doesn't have a story behind it. NO garland or tinsel either, just ornaments and lights and the angel on top. As presents go, I used to have a diff paper for each person...they were all coordinated and they flowed together, but that was how I knew whose was whose. However, with the onset of Mommy Brain, I can no longer remember my own children's names let alone whose paper is what. So, I just wrap and label. I have learned that things cannot be "just so" (i.e. perfect) when you have 4 little ones. If you try, it just makes everything that much more stressful. I've opted for fun instead of stringent expectations. Sometimes my skin crawls when I see 4/5 ornaments bunched together, but then I just take a step back and see the smiles and looks of accomplishment on my angel's faces and decide that its just OK!

Have a pleasant day!

scmom2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scmom2 Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 6:14pm
post #227 of 408

I am an antique lover. I can go for hours on end just browsing in antique stores. I love the wild and the weird items that most people would not be interested in.

I have this thing that I do with my kids once a month. We have a theme day. We pick out a character from our favorite book and do everything that day just as that character may do. We dress up and have a cake in honor of that character. This is because each of us are huge book fanatics. We love to go to the bookstores and read alot.

I love football! I obsess over watching all the college games and the high school football games. My stepson is a senior this year and plays every friday night. Everyone always laughs at me because I'm the only parent with a megaphone and flags in the stands.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 6:29pm
post #228 of 408

Edenscakes I love your pictures!!!! And some of your comments are as amusing as your avatar.. I bet you have one hell of a sense of humor!!!

alengirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alengirl Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 6:38pm
post #229 of 408

Great pictures Edencakes!

Your comments remind me of a college buddy of mine . . .he has a similar site with funny comments for his pictures icon_smile.gif

My Boyfriend is a photographer as well, so I'm always surrounded with cakes and pictures. 2 of my favorite things!

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 6:44pm
post #230 of 408

I'm fairly new to the forum so haven't been on much plus just got out of the hospital so I am catching up. Three things about me...........

1. Married 4 times, twice to the same man. Had a live-in that lasted longer than the 4 marriages combined. Hope to be smart enough to stay by myself now.

2. Am disabled with COPD and play around with cake decorating as a hobby more than anything else. Do cakes for the family and my wonderful organization of Lions Club in which I am quite active.

3. I finally gave in to buying a computer and getting internet service and my life has not been my own since. I'm addicted to Ebay and Email. I collect M & M, Pillsbury Doughboy, KC Chiefs, StL Cardinal and Jeff Gordon memorabilia.

Somehow managed to sneak in more than 3 facts about myself. Must be more egotistic than I realized.

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 7:04pm
post #231 of 408

OHMYGOSH!!! THIS IS GREAT! OK...WOWZERS!

My DH and I have three grown kids.... Lindsay is 22 and was the feature twirler for Kansas State University for 4 years and was second runner-up in the Miss Kansas pageant! She's cute icon_smile.gif Jay just turned 21....he is ornery, a motorcycle fiend...is a hunk (just ask him)...and farms with my dad and brother and works in an autobody shop WHICH HE LOVES! Ty is 18 and is a student at Colorado Christian University in Lakewood, CO. He's a great singer and is studying psychology. HE IS A LONG-HAIR!

I'm a freelance photographer...I do weddings and portraiture. I'm obsessed with photographing my cakes! LOL

My hubby and I run the family business that his parents started in the early 1950's. A sign company. I do the designing, and he does the construction...a real Ma and Pa business. Our only employee is being deployed to Iraq. We miss him.

We are very involved in our church....especially in the music ministry. Hubby plays tuba in the orchestra and sings in a quartet...I'm in the choir and a mixed ensemble. We drive an hour one way to church in Wichita, KS! GAS PRICE IS KILLING US!!!!

Everybody in the family has a motorcycle license....but we really ARE NORMAL!!!! Only ONE Harley! LOL

I'm a gardener too..........................flowers. Put in a pond in May.

OK enough..........................It'll take me a week to get all of these fun posts read. Such a great way to learn about people!

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 7:06pm
post #232 of 408

What? doesn't anyone put up their tree on January 6th?

Hahhaaaaa

kraftychristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kraftychristy Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 8:34pm
post #233 of 408

I swear, I have been reading this post for like 3 days now, and Im still not tired of it!! I love it!! There are so many interesting people on here. I just love reading about the lives behind the names, so to speak. I know I aready posted, but Im going to post some more info about me. So, if anybody cares......

I didnt like my husband either when I first met him. Im a talker and he's not, and I just thought he was a jerk. He delivered magazines to the pharmacy where I worked. After about 5 months he actually started to engage in conversation with me, and I found out he was a really nice guy. We started dating in August 2000 and were married in October..... of 2000! Yes, we dated all of 6 weeks, and we just had our 5th anniversary a few weeks ago. I noticed on here though theres been a lot of that! icon_wink.gif Im his third wife. icon_lol.gif And he's only 30! Oh well, third times the charm! icon_biggrin.gif

Lets see, what else.....

Im an avid reader, I love trashy romances! They're the best! I love CSI, and Paula Deen, also. I aspire to be a great cook like her.

Oh yeah, my kids names are Chloe, she's the 2 year old, and believe me, the terrible twos are not a myth!! And Jon, he's the seven years old. He's actually my stepson.

Thanks guys for reading about my boring life, and KEEP POSTING! This is fun!!!!!

kraftychristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kraftychristy Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 8:38pm
post #234 of 408

Phoov,
how funny is this! Im really involved im the music ministry in my church, too. I sing and lead worship, though I dont play any instruments. Wish I did. I also drive an hour to church one way. Gas is killing us, too! We spent 300.00 on gas last month. icon_mad.gif Thats almost a house payment!!!

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 9:00pm
post #235 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cakefiends

I'm addicted! This is a fun thread, can't quit reading.

Kate39, have to ask...how did your sister feel about you marrying her ex? don't have to tell if you don't want...just curious!

Just tell me to mind my own business...

Julie

WE ALL GET ALONG LIKE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY! IT ISN'T BAD AT ALL. THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO IN HIGH SCHOOL SO THERE REALLY WASN'T AN UNCOMFORTABLE TIME.

dparrish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dparrish Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 9:11pm
post #236 of 408

What a fun topic!

1) I was born and raised in Peoria, AZ. I moved to Kansas two years ago for grad school at K-State

2) I live on a farm north of Denmark, Kansas (population 23). I met my husband while at K-State. We have been married since March.

3) I have been decorating cakes for a year and a half, but to pay the bills I am a loan officer at a bank.

prettytoya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettytoya Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 9:51pm
post #237 of 408

Bakerchick-my husband is a man of few words, and I can talk all day (he probably can't get a word in edgewise-LOL). We went from dating to married in five months and will celebrate five years in June. We are as day and night as they come! I love reading of the similarities AND differences of all of us!

angelcake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcake4u Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 10:04pm
post #238 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerchick103

alright angelcakes4u!! What part of TN?

I live in Manchester (Southern Middle TN about 25 miles southeast of Murfreesboro).

Where is Elizabethton?

sweettreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreasures Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 10:15pm
post #239 of 408

Okay, I've been reading this thread and after the 4th or 5th page, I couldn't take it anymore. I was rolling over laughing and had to post too!

Here are my facts:

1) Pinkbunny said she's secretly married to Jon Bon Jovi and Jonny Depp? Well, ta-da, I thought I'm the only one who was secretly married here...LOL
I'm so in love with ROBBIE KNIEVEL it isn't even funny! In my twisted mind, we're devoted spouses!

2) I am born and raised in Guam, a US territory. And yes, we are civilized and where clothes.....LOL However, I am half Japanese.

3) I've been married for nearly 10 years with 4 wonderful and beautiful children. (Oh, this marriage is the 'back to reality' marriage)

One more thing, I've been a devoted Motley Crue fan since 1981! I'm an 80's rocker girl straight in through the heart!

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 11 Oct 2005 , 10:40pm
post #240 of 408

#1 - I am 22 years old. Born and raised in Phoenix,AZ. Except for the 2 years that I moved out in my own apartment, I have lived in the same house my whole life. I am the baby of 3 sisters and 1 brother. When I was 5, my brother and sister drew up some adoption papers in crayon, told me I was adopted, and that my real name was Gertrude Smith-Jones. When i asked my mother, she told me it was true icon_eek.gif 2nd sister was taken in when she was 12. She spent the weekend, then that turned into spring break, then all of a sudden, I somehow ended up sleeping on the couch !!!!! icon_eek.gif

#2 - I have extremely good "gaydar". So much so, that I outed one of my friends before he even realized that he was gay. I am a homophile. If you don't know, those are the people that are not gay themselves, but are extremely friendly to homosexuals and their interests. In high school, I was the only 1 in a group of about 12 people that had never played for the other team.

#3 - I would like to have kids right freakin' now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! About 1 1/2 years ago, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, and was told I most likely would not be able to have children. Instead of going into depression like I wanted to, I started thinking...."you know, maybe God has a different plan for me! There are so many kids out there that are just waiting to be taken to a good home." Unfortunately, I am not in a place where I can have kids brought into my house. I have moved back home to save up money, but that is my ultimate goal. I would love to have 1 child that was taken in from birth, and then others either that same thing, or children that get shuffled through the system.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%