Lounge By maryjsgirl Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 8:29pm by Tita9499

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:31pm
post #331 of 346

what a shame.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:01pm
post #332 of 346

Although I have no respect for Kate...I'm starting to feel Jon is acting like a bratty teenager...like come on...he is only 32 (as he likes to point out over and over).

Perhaps Kate is bitchy and controlling, I would be too with that many kids, but Jon knew her before they got married, so I don't see how that could be an excuse. Kate does seem to like the spotlight, but I've met many mothers who like the spotlight and have done way worse things to get it!

I don't think Jon is leaving his children and becoming an absentee father either, let him go have his "fun" and he might regret the decision when he is 42 and the 23 year olds don't like him anymore.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm
post #333 of 346

Just want to point out that I'm not defending Kate, as I don't agree with her parenting style. I'm just starting to think that Jon needs to take some more of the blame, and as the show goes on, I feel that more and more.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 5:40pm
post #334 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

Just want to point out that I'm not defending Kate, as I don't agree with her parenting style. I'm just starting to think that Jon needs to take some more of the blame, and as the show goes on, I feel that more and more.

Yup I agree totally! The more I watch Jon the more I think "What an a**hole!" . I think some peer pressure crept in as well. All of his guy friends are razzing him cause he is so whipped by Kate, and younger woman are saying "I'd never treat that way........I would blah blah blah"
Right now, I think he is seeing the nice lush green grass on the other side!

Kate is still a b*tch. Though I have sympathy for her (to a degree) I can't help but remind myself that this was brought on by her decision to continue the show, the way she belittles Jon & how the lights & cameras have turned her into a complete DIVA!!!

Wouldn't it be a kick in the a** for Kate if a Judge sat and watched all the videos of her & Jon and how she treated him, the video of Maddie and the water, the spanking, etc.....and then she is denied custody?! icon_eek.gif
THEN what the heck would Jon do? He's thinking he is getting to live the sweet life in NY.........lol! 8 kids can cramp your dating!!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:23pm
post #335 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson

Yup I agree totally! The more I watch Jon the more I think "What an a**hole!" . I think some peer pressure crept in as well. All of his guy friends are razzing him cause he is so whipped by Kate, and younger woman are saying "I'd never treat that way........I would blah blah blah"
Right now, I think he is seeing the nice lush green grass on the other side!

Kate is still a b*tch. Though I have sympathy for her (to a degree) I can't help but remind myself that this was brought on by her decision to continue the show, the way she belittles Jon & how the lights & cameras have turned her into a complete DIVA!!!

Wouldn't it be a kick in the a** for Kate if a Judge sat and watched all the videos of her & Jon and how she treated him, the video of Maddie and the water, the spanking, etc.....and then she is denied custody?! icon_eek.gif
THEN what the heck would Jon do? He's thinking he is getting to live the sweet life in NY.........lol! 8 kids can cramp your dating!!!

and it just be he wants a sweet life the includes only kids and NO kate!

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:39pm
post #336 of 346

I just want to kick John in the butt. He is so focused on having his "me" time and not being lumped in with Kate and the kids. he sat on American Chopper and said how he has no guy friends then looks into the camera and with a grin says "As we all know". He is driving a car that intentionaly only holds a couple of people. He hangs out in bars at 2 a.m. (not that anytime in a bar is accepetable for a family man). I just think he is showing himself to be the worst example of a man for his kids.
I say sorry bub but you are the one who helped to bring 8 kids into this world. Maybe you should have thought about it longer before filling the specimen cup.
They need to stop doing the show and focus on the family for once. If John feels like he needs his own space then maybe they should build an additional space on the "compound" they just bought but I am sure you will not see that happen.
As for Kate yes she is a biaycchh but hell I only have 2 kids, I am not a gemaphobe, and I live a pretty stress free life and I am a biycchh
most of the time to. It is her strict way of raising those kids that has brought them up with manners and good behavior. I know you dont have to be like that for good behavior but I dont fault her for it.

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 11:21pm
post #337 of 346

Ha. If you lived in the same county as they did, it wouldn't be so interesting anymore. We're really sick of it!

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 12:14am
post #338 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakenicing4u

Ha. If you lived in the same county as they did, it wouldn't be so interesting anymore. We're really sick of it!

LOL I was just thinking yesterday that I bet the people in PA are SO thrilled that their state is famous for being the Jon & Kate + 8 state.

And Jon's remark about "I let her run things the way she wanted for too long...." made me mad, because it seems to me he was perfectly content with the way things were until people outside of their family started pointing out the way she ran things and making fun of him for letting her wear the pants. Of course, no one but Jon & Kate Gosselin know 100% the reason behind their divorce. God help the kids.

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 8:24pm
post #339 of 346

I can't believe I just read this entire thread!

Here's my 2 cents....I think in the beginning Kate was desperate to find a way to find a way to afford 8 kids. If I found out that I was having twins, let alone SIX babies, I would totally freak and become consumed with figuring out a way to afford the situation. With 8 kids, you can't both work because you can't afford daycare. And frankly, our society, whether right or wrong, has made a habit of giving handouts to those who are in need. So, I believe that was her motivation in the beginning, and even now. However, she's lost track of how much money they NEED. She's so scared of losing it all. In my opinion, she strikes me as absolutely desperate. I think it's really interesting to watch old episodes and new episodes in one sitting....they have changed so much. We'll never know what caused the change. Was it the pressure of raising 8 kids? Was it the pressure of being filmed and becoming famous? Was it the money? Maybe she's gotten bitchier because he started cheating. Maybe he started cheating because she got bitchier. Maybe he would have cheated on her even if she were a saint. Maybe, without the show, the pressure of trying to provide for that many kids would have torn them apart.

I was really disgusted by the way Jon seemed so excited to get out of his marriage, but I have to admit that I've felt that way...I've been so unhappy in my marriage that I wanted relief. But, we went to counseling instead, and it worked! THANK GOD! I wish they would try. There are too many lives at stake. It's just a sad situation no matter how you slice it.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 8:56pm
post #340 of 346

We can all sit here and give our opinions but none of us really know what goes on beyond the show. Yes he knew her before but until you live with someone you don't really know them. No matter what anyone says it takes two.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:08am
post #341 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

... until you live with someone you don't really know them.

Even then you can live with someone for years and they become someone you don't know any more. Some times counceling fixes it, and some times it makes you realize you can't and need to go your own way.

I'm done with them.

If I had $5 to my name and was a betting woman I am sure that Katie Irene is pissed beyond belief tonight that Michael Jackson died today and took her place in internet searches, headlines and spot light and it's all the media can talk about today.

Kate, that's how fast Hollywood will forget about you. Get used to it because your 15 minutes of fame are almost up and in a couple years from now the best you can get for offers will be a slot on Surreal Life and Where are they now shows.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:39am
post #342 of 346

[quote="CarolynGwen"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Kate, that's how fast Hollywood will forget about you. Get used to it because your 15 minutes of fame are almost up and in a couple years from now the best you can get for offers will be a slot on Surreal Life and Where are they now shows.

Harsh.........true, but harsh! icon_biggrin.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 3:16pm
post #343 of 346

WELL, so for those of you who disagreed with my synopsis of him going around with various women, and checking out on the the kids, take a look at this next girl he is with.

Daughter of Kate's plastic surgeon, and a complete party girl/druggie/sk**k. She's only 22! And she was on Girls Gone Wild!

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/07/16/2009-07-16_jon__kate_plus_8_star_jon_gosselins_new_girlfriend_hailey_glassman_has_wild_past.html

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 4:16pm
post #344 of 346

He is making himself look like a complete d-bag.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 8:20pm
post #345 of 346

I read that he planned to live in NYC because he was sure someone would want to give him a job. Hmmmm...in a bad economy, with so many lay offs did he think CEOs would be lining up to hire him-with his record of being fired and quitting? As I understand, if you are out of the computer field for only a short time it is hard to get back in, because the technology changes so fast.

But, I digress. I thought he would have to actually get a real job and work a whole day for a day's pay. I worried about that for a nanosecond, and then SNAP!
He is going to design clothes for kids and use his kids as models for them.
WAY TO GO JON! Use the kids again to make money for your lavish life style.

So, I guess anyone can design clothing or are they teaching design classes in IT school now?

On the bright side, maybe the kids will be allowed to dress all in different little rocker T shirts. Research shows it is NOT good to dress multiples in matching outfits. They need to see themselves, and have others see them as individuals. They are individuals and they each have a name-they should stop being referred to as the tups.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 17 Jul 2009 , 8:29pm
post #346 of 346

I will put my twins in the same colors, but that's about it (kinda hard since I have fraternals).

I don't see what's wrong with Jon "not" getting a job and mooching off of his "celebrity" status...I mean, Kate's doing the same thing- why not get what you got coming to you. Since neither of them is parenting the children, they should be doing something- right?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%