John And Kate +8

Lounge By maryjsgirl Updated 17 Jul 2009 , 8:29pm by Tita9499

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:14pm
post #301 of 346

I haven't watched the show but have seen all the clip its on the entertainment news etc..about what is going on....I'm not sure but did they have Invitro with all their children or just the 8? Did they have problems concieving or just wanted to do it that way? Please don't anyone blast me I am just curious and have never watched even from the beginning!!

I feel very bad for the children..."Divorce changed kids no matter how civil or not"

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 1:52pm
post #302 of 346

They did have invitro for all of the kids as Kate says she suffers from Poly cystic something or other making it hard for her to become pg on her own.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 2:37pm
post #303 of 346

did she say something about "the show must go on"

that's the problem, they put the show first and the kids second.

the show will fizzle out in a couple of years, no more books, people will lose interes and move on and all they'll have left is that huge mortgage and 8 therapy bills to pay for the kids

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:25pm
post #304 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCakerator

They did have invitro for all of the kids as Kate says she suffers from Poly cystic something or other making it hard for her to become pg on her own.

It's polycystic ovarian syndrome. I have the same thing. It's being diagnosed more and more frequently in women. There are a lot of different symptoms and not every woman has all of them or the same as someone else.

I think it sucks that they are getting a divorce. I think Kate needs to come down out of the spotlights and realize that her kids aren't the ones who want the money, and they would be perfectly happy being "normal" kids... it's her. I can't imagine how expensive it is to raise 8 children, but they seemed to be doing okay before the show. I mean, she was a nurse and Jon had a good job in the computer industry.

Personally, I think she's just a witch... but I feel sorry for the kids.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:30pm
post #305 of 346

does anyone know how long they have a contract with TLC? I'm just wondering how many seasons they have left to do.

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:39pm
post #306 of 346

I swear there should be a mass boycott of the show so TLC will drop them, that's the only way Kate will let it go.

I hate to hear people are getting divorces, it literally makes my stomach turn. Yes, I recognize some marriages are better off that way, but I still hate to see it.

I don't think Jon's attitude towards being MARRIED has anything to do with his FATHERING. Based on what I saw on the show, he was a very good father to those childre, he probably just couldn't stand being around their mother. Sadly like Doug pointed out, the courts are probably going to side with the mother and Jon is going to slowly be pushed out of their lives. I saw my DH go through this with his EX. She confused him not wanting to be married to her with him wanting to be a father to the children...of course (as some of you know) she still plays "Puppetmaster" and uses the children to get back at him. I gotta good feeling Kate's gonna do the same, which will screw the kids up even more.

erinalicia Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 3:54pm
post #307 of 346

I thought TLC was "The Learning Channel"... maybe they need to stick to the learning part instead of sticking cameras in families homes for "reality TV". From what I've seen of shows about families like this is that it never turns out well for the family and the kids are always the ones to suffer.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:01pm
post #308 of 346

In a couple of months time it will be "Jon who??" If he is moving to NY and is getting on with his 32 year old life, well, seems like his mid-life crisis struck a bit early. Mind you, having 8 kids by the age of 27 is a bit much. I think he found his b*lls and Kate didn't like the fact that he was standing up to her and voicing his opinion on things, well at least that may be part of the problem, him galavanting around town with 23 yr olds, is another problem icon_razz.gif !~

I don't see them being friends or friendly for that matter towards each other. They can barely be in the same vicinity so I don't know how them sharing the house on the days that Jon has visitation would work out.

The only ones who will win in this are the lawyers.......... icon_mad.gificon_evil.gif

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:05pm
post #309 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

does anyone know how long they have a contract with TLC? I'm just wondering how many seasons they have left to do.

i know it's rare, but i think they have a season by season contract type of thing. the only reason i think this is because i remember at the end of last season they both said something about how "there might be a next season" and how they hadn't really decided yet. i suppose it's quite obvious they should have stopped there, but greed is a powerful thing, sadly.
i feel so bad for these kids. i do believe in divorce if it's situations like these where the kids are forced to see their parents fight all the time, but i just feel bad for them. i'll always remember that episode right before they went to hawaii to renew their vows. kate and the kids were watching the video of their first wedding explaining to the kids why there were having another one: "to prove that we'll all always be together. forever." and the little girl (i can't remember which) said "really?!" all happy and excited. i hate to think what their conversation was like when they told them about the divorce. awful.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:10pm
post #310 of 346

I thought they had signed onto another contract with TLC for 40 more episodes, this was AFTER they had already started having problems.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:39pm
post #311 of 346

I watched the show for as long as i could. Honestly, i wanted to jump through the tv and smack John in the head, i was sooo angry. The way he says, "this is a fun and exciting time"...WTF...How could any father who is facing divorce use those terms to describe a divorce. It left me feeling sick to my stomach and really angry. At that point i said to my husband, 'turn this sh!t off. I can't believe his attitude. He speaks like this is a walk in the park. As much as the public want to condemn kate for keeping the show etc.. I believe that she is trying to make it work and he is just walking away. I mean, if the reports are true and he is looking for apartments in NY, how in hell is he going to be there for his kids. It seems to me he wants to run away, have fun, and forget about his responsibilities. That being said, i know that marraige breakdown is generally a two way street, but his attitude has really rubbed me the wrong way. Well, thats all i have to say about the whole thing..ugh this whole thing is sickening and sooooo sad.

Tita9499 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:12pm
post #312 of 346

He probably IS happy to get away from Kate! I would be too. Shoot, I'd be on here trying to figure out which oone of you is gonna do my divorce cake!

I don't care about either of their attitudes towards eachother. I'm just looking at the way the children are treated. NY isn't that far from PA so it's not that hard to see the children, if they get joint custody. Being an adulterer makes you a sucky spouse, but it doesn't mean you're a horrible parent. If that's the case, based on the rumors, niether one of them should get the kids.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:15pm
post #313 of 346

I would imagine the definition of "fun and exciting" to a guy who has been caught by the paps getting out of another woman's car, and is now leaving his family.....to be something along the lines of "Fun and exciting time, I can go dip my fishing pole in new waters now!!!!"

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:21pm
post #314 of 346

Did anyone else catch the comment Kate made about "I will NOT spend ONE Holiday away from my children".

So when Jon has the kids for let's say Easter and his little 23 yr old friend comes out of the other room to "cut the ham" you mean to tell me all of them INCLUDING Kate will sit down to eat a civil meal together! icon_eek.gif They couldn't even speak to each other in last night's episode and she wants to have every holiday together.

I don't think she realizes that she'll do what the courts tell her to do.......She's not used to not having "control" of every little situation. It's certainly going to be an eye opening experience for her.

Both of these people disgust me to no end and those 8 little cuties are about to go through hell because their parents are selfish idiots. icon_mad.gif

Tita9499 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:30pm
post #315 of 346

She's make me cringe when she says what's going to or not going to happen. She reminds me so much of my DH's EX it's ridiculous. It's like you said Deb, she'll do whatever the courts tell her butt to do and I'd love to hear her scoff at the judge.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:15pm
post #316 of 346

I caught that remark too....and I commented to my husband that already she has missed many holidays. She's on the road promoting her book and show, and I don't think that will change.
And yes, she's in for a shock when the judge doesn't bend over like Jon does.

Tita9499 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:38pm
post #317 of 346

She's only going to do it to get back at Jon. I seriously loathe women who use their children to get back their husband. It qualifies as abuse in my mind

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 8:59pm
post #318 of 346

re: Jon running away to start a new life.

1) considering what he's went through ALONE to take care of 8 kids -- well, I've heard a lot of women express the same sentiment -- OMG -- get me away from here, I need a break!

2) considering what he's gone through with the wicked witch ---- can we save emotionally and mentally abusive -- and just how often on here have women rah-rahed - you go girl encouraging women to get out of such relationships -- but Jon is slammed for seeking his sanity and release from abuse!? can we say hypocritical.

3) we can only hope the judge and lawyers will make sure that Jon is not abused again by having access limited

4) I fear she will pour nothing but sweet poison in the childrens' ears about him

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 9:01pm
post #319 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

I watched the show for as long as i could. Honestly, i wanted to jump through the tv and smack John in the head, i was sooo angry. The way he says, "this is a fun and exciting time"...WTF...How could any father who is facing divorce use those terms to describe a divorce. It left me feeling sick to my stomach and really angry. At that point i said to my husband, 'turn this sh!t off. I can't believe his attitude. He speaks like this is a walk in the park. As much as the public want to condemn kate for keeping the show etc.. I believe that she is trying to make it work and he is just walking away. I mean, if the reports are true and he is looking for apartments in NY, how in hell is he going to be there for his kids. It seems to me he wants to run away, have fun, and forget about his responsibilities. That being said, i know that marraige breakdown is generally a two way street, but his attitude has really rubbed me the wrong way. Well, thats all i have to say about the whole thing..ugh this whole thing is sickening and sooooo sad.

. 110% agree. He will disappear quickly from those kid's lives only to reemerge for their graduation or something. He was behaving like an idiotic bachelor. It was pathetic. It is not a fun and exciting time. It is a tragedy to create 8 lives only to leave your marriage for a mid life crisis. Loser.

erinalicia Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 9:25pm
post #320 of 346

From everything I've seen of Jon on the show is that he is a very caring father. His approach to parenting is different from Kate's because she's a control-freak and constantly has to have her way. If she talks to and treats her husband the way that she does, it won't be long before that's how she talks to and demeans her kids.

No parent is perfect, but I certainly don't see him disappearing from his children's lives only to show up at their graduation.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 9:48pm
post #321 of 346

i really don't think jon is just going to disappear from the kids' lives. if he really was apartment shopping in new york (one bedroom) i'm fairly certain it's because they both said that the kids will not be shuttle around between different house. the parents are going to be the ones moving around. so he really doesn't need a huge amount of space. also, i really don't blame him for wanting to go out and have some fun -- when it's not his time to be with the kids -- because after a relationship like that, i'd be right there with him! i really do believe he cares for those kids more than any of us could know.

Deb_ Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 9:50pm
post #322 of 346

I PRAY that my Son doesn't marry somebody like Kate. She's created her own destiny, there's no doubt in my mind.

I do think it's sad that they didn't at least try marriage counselling. Jon said he will always "love her as the mother of my children", and she did show some spark of remorse (unless it was acting) icon_rolleyes.gif

The entire situation is just so sad. I'll stick to my prior thought, they've both acted like idiots.

Doug..........I completely get what you are saying and I've seen that in her treatment of Jon too............but if he were any kind of Man he'd have stood up to her. Sadly he's a weak man that happened to marry a very bitchy controlling woman....and he allowed her to treat him like one of the children. They're both wrong.

nannie Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:10pm
post #323 of 346

I heard they are going to put further shows on hold till august.

by then, people will have lost all interest

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:36pm
post #324 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

. 110% agree. He will disappear quickly from those kid's lives only to reemerge for their graduation or something. He was behaving like an idiotic bachelor. It was pathetic. It is not a fun and exciting time. It is a tragedy to create 8 lives only to leave your marriage for a mid life crisis. Loser.

Amen, amen, amen!

nannie Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:43pm
post #325 of 346

according to the divorce filing they've lived apart for 2 years.

so I guess the 2nd wedding in hawaii was just another ploy for an all expenses trip.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31512795/

Deb_ Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:22am
post #326 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

according to the divorce filing they've lived apart for 2 years.

so I guess the 2nd wedding in hawaii was just another ploy for an all expenses trip.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31512795/

My DH was just reading this to me too! Living apart for 2 YEARS......how did the paparazzi not know this?

Maybe the Hawaii trip was a "let's give it another try" type of thing.

erinalicia Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:46am
post #327 of 346

there was a correction posted if you check that link again.

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - CORRECTION: The Associated Press sent an earlier version of this story that said Kate and Jon Gosselin had been living âseparate and apartâ for at least two years. The AP later sent a correction saying this was not true and that the couple had been living apart only for a week or two.

Deb_ Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:51am
post #328 of 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinalicia

there was a correction posted if you check that link again.

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - CORRECTION: The Associated Press sent an earlier version of this story that said Kate and Jon Gosselin had been living âseparate and apartâ for at least two years. The AP later sent a correction saying this was not true and that the couple had been living apart only for a week or two.

OK that makes more sense........I just didn't think the 2 yr thing sounded right.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 12:32pm
post #329 of 346

Yup, on the divorce papers she checked off the box that states that they had been living apart for two years.

TMZ explains it:
http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/23/jon-and-kate-divorce-papers-are-deceiving/

erinalicia Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:20pm
post #330 of 346

interesting...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%