Most Controversial Topic Ever!

Lounge By miss-tiff Updated 20 Aug 2013 , 4:18pm by helloIamSM

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:19am
post #361 of 430

San Bernardino....Hesperia to be exact, but remember you said you wouldn't tell anyone!
I grew up in Moreno Valley and used to hang out a lot in Placentia, and Hunington Beach.
Just love So Cal!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:26am
post #362 of 430

I swear, I won't tell a soul you live in Hesperia!

I have not lived in SoCal my whole life, but I have lived here a lot. and now I'm here for good. Or until I win the lottery and move to Europe and become a master chocolatier icon_biggrin.gif

Larrimore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larrimore Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:00pm
post #363 of 430

Ya'll don't know how good you have it...because of the economy, I have had to downsize and get rid of my kitchen help, the dog, cats, and feret. Now I can't make my MIL that 'special' cake icon_cry.gif

When I saw there is an animal cake contest going on now, I thought about the road kill cake someone mentioned. lol

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 7:25pm
post #364 of 430

you could totally still make that special cake. Just borrow someone's pets and kids. Or get some pets off one of the unscrupulous breeders off craigslist icon_lol.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:19pm
post #365 of 430

I have a few suggestions. Start with, you need to leave you eggs out to get them to room temp, they whip better that way. The longer the better, right. icon_confused.gif Save time, crack them now, and way a few weeks to make sure that they are nice and warm. icon_razz.gif Don't cover them but maybe with a little of the grease you fried the catfish in for dinner to prevent the eggs from drying out. Save the grease for the cake as well. KY the pans, or if your out, try the pre done Trojan for the applicator. icon_surprised.gif I know you don't want to get the kitchen dirty, don't use the sink, I am sure if you leave out the dog dish you can collect enough water for free. icon_lol.gif If you are running short of flour, use the dust from the vacumn. You must have vacumned the kitchen carpet sometime before and that must have some flour in it. icon_twisted.gif The icing you have from that cake last year you never did use, now is the time to use it. If it is not enough, just use the frying grease and make the greasecream icing. If you need any further thoughts, please don't hesistate to ask. icon_wink.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 8:22pm
post #366 of 430

is it wrong that the Trojan comment totally made me think of the new fun-sized Trojan girl toy? And that THAT would make a GREAT immersion blender?

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 11:06pm
post #367 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

is it wrong that the Trojan comment totally made me think of the new fun-sized Trojan girl toy? And that THAT would make a GREAT immersion blender?

I had to look that up icon_confused.gif

I think that would be a great immersion blender!! Plus it would work great when you are working with chocolate in molds to help bring up all the air bubbles! icon_razz.gif

What kind of animal would be best for mixing cookie dough? Raccoon maybe? Guinea pig?.....I don't want to get my mixer dirty. icon_rolleyes.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 5:50am
post #368 of 430

a beaver

yeah.... I went there.... icon_biggrin.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:31pm
post #369 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsfreebies72

a beaver

yeah.... I went there.... icon_biggrin.gif

HAHAHAHAHA icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Larrimore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larrimore Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 2:42pm
post #370 of 430

Thanks guys for the ideas...I did bring in the neighborhood mangy mutt so I could get what little hair he has left for the fondant figures. And I went to the other neighbor's house that has chickens and found some eggs she had thrown out cause they had been cracked but the egg parts were still in there kinda. The catfish grease worked really well along with the vacumm dust...i mean flour.

cocorun, I still have a catfish in the bathtub. You could try him to mix the cookies, cause when you take him out of the water, he moves alot

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 5:39pm
post #371 of 430

O.M.G. You girls have gone off the deep end. Jly, you have finally surpassed the comments made in the laundry thread. icon_lol.gif

jlynnw Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 7:21pm
post #372 of 430

not me, some one else has the new fangled emersion blender idea. I am innocent, pure as the driven snow. Your right, I need to get cleaned up though, I suppose I should go and do some laundry. icon_lol.gif

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:30pm
post #373 of 430

I'd like to mention that my ''forum superstar'' status and my ridiculously high post count give me the exclusive right to tell you how much your very first post to the forums sucks. I'd also like to mention that I know every single thing there is to know about cake decorating, and I hope you die for asking which airbrush to buy and whether Fat Daddio's or Magic Line are better because everyone KNOWS that Magic Lines are better and that the Aztek airbrush from Bear Air is the ONLY airbrush that is acceptable for airbrushing your cakes.

jlynnw Posted 2 Apr 2009 , 10:51pm
post #374 of 430

that shows what you know, you get the toxic canned air and paint for model cars at wal-mart. That leaves the best taste on the cake. But that is for newbies like me that don't know any better. We can only wish to be an experienced humble goddess like you some day icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 1:35pm
post #375 of 430

Also, when you all make said cake and upload it to the galleries, please neglect to add any keywords at all. icon_razz.gif

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:23pm
post #376 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnw

that shows what you know, you get the toxic canned air and paint for model cars at wal-mart. That leaves the best taste on the cake.

Yeah I know right. thumbs_up.gif

She probably uses real butter in her cakes too or that high ratio crap. True bakers use LARD! shhh.gif

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 2:36pm
post #377 of 430

Can someone please post a really good white cake recipe! I don't want to try the easy one posted at the bottom of the page, I want at least 15 different versions if possible and can you include references??

30 mins later------different poster----I need a really, really, really good white cake recipe and it cannot be any of the previously posted versions! Also, can you please hurry, the cake is due in 30 mins.

luvsfreebies72 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:01pm
post #378 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrimore

Thanks guys for the ideas...I did bring in the neighborhood mangy mutt so I could get what little hair he has left for the fondant figures. And I went to the other neighbor's house that has chickens and found some eggs she had thrown out cause they had been cracked but the egg parts were still in there kinda. The catfish grease worked really well along with the vacumm dust...i mean flour.

cocorun, I still have a catfish in the bathtub. You could try him to mix the cookies, cause when you take him out of the water, he moves alot

kinda... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jlynnw Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 8:42pm
post #379 of 430

so sorry to take so long to get back with you. Go to the chain store place that gets the cakes in frozen and use that. If that won't work for you, get a better plan! Please stop posting these crazy requests and demand immediate response from people who might know. What do you think this is, a forum to learn! icon_confused.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:22pm
post #380 of 430

I would like to know the "best" recipe for a cake and the "best" filling with the "best" tasting icing. The fact that "best" is different for each person is irrevelant.... I don't want to work it and find out what's "best" for me .... so I want all of you to figure out what I like and don't like and then just tell me what "the best" is!

luvsfreebies72 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 9:36pm
post #381 of 430

new "glue" for sugar decor

the algae scum on the bottom of my pool. It's free! thumbs_up.gif

myheartsdesire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myheartsdesire Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 11:11pm
post #382 of 430

Yall are so funny!! you made my day better.Now im running late b/c I read everything at one time.

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:17am
post #383 of 430

Who needs a messy 'ol air brush set. Just stock up on that spray hair coloring at Halloween, works great, and comes in so many colors. If you can't find a specific color then just use spray paint, hey it will help keep the color from smudging right?

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:30am
post #384 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofcakes

Who needs a messy 'ol air brush set. Just stock up on that spray hair coloring at Halloween, works great, and comes in so many colors.

Oh yeah...and you can get it in glitter too...for that extra special touch!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 4:45am
post #385 of 430

I actually made a roadkill cake once. Funny story... lady told me it was for their monthly roadkill party... her high society pals like to get together once a month and they make the nastiest looking food they can come up with. My tire tracks weren't that great, but this was one of my first cakes, so I've improved a lot since then. I'd love to do another one.
LL

luvsfreebies72 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 5:24am
post #386 of 430

that's high-larious... the cake AND the roadkill food

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 6:16pm
post #387 of 430

OMGOSH, I love your Road Kill cake...too cute and funny!..Great job!

I wanna make one now!!!

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 4 Apr 2009 , 8:06pm
post #388 of 430

Mel- that cake is too funny! But, is it just me or do high society and roadkill sound as if they do not belong in the same sentence? Two great thing that don't go so great together... icon_confused.gif . Anyway... just saying.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 2:36am
post #389 of 430

No doubt... that's the funniest part. They are a bunch of very rich couples, and they like to do crazy stuff. Fun!

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 5 Apr 2009 , 6:11pm
post #390 of 430

Too Funny!!! We should get together one of these days (years) and do something like that. It'd be a blast!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%