Most Controversial Topic Ever!

Lounge By miss-tiff Updated 20 Aug 2013 , 4:18pm by helloIamSM

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:59am
post #331 of 430

We all belong in cake jail....no parole!!!!!!

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:00am
post #332 of 430

Oh, and I have no avatar cuz i iz really stoopid about dat kinda ting. Oh well..

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:02am
post #333 of 430

Hello....my name is Jodie....and I use Wilton fondant.....

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 1:42am
post #334 of 430

icon_eek.gif I finally made it to the end.......the end for now, at least. I'm certainly glad I found this thread as you've given me a way out. Why should I actually go to the trouble of making a frog out of fondant for the cake this weekend? I can just go outside and fetch one and freeze her. I need it to be a "her." Two questions for the cake Gods:

1 How long should it take for her to stop hopping around in the freezer disturbing the deer meat and moosetracks?

2 How do you make sure it's a "her?" That's very important. "He" wouldn't want to wear the little bratz dress I've got in mind. (I just hate to hurt anyone's sensibilities...even frogs.)

Lisa

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 2:03am
post #335 of 430

Prior to freezing pull the lil frog legs out and see if you see anything there, nothing hanging out then its a girl!! RIGHT? no? Yes?
Make sure you don't attempt this after you freeze it though, you take a risk of the frozen legs snapping right off. Then you have to start all over... thumbsdown.gif

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 4:39am
post #336 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniescakenj

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosting111

OMGOSH I thought the social status on CC was determined by what kind of icing coloring you used, be it Ameriacolor or Wilton...I must confess I use both...will yall accept me as I am, or do I have to lie to fit it?

Also sometimes I freeze my cakes...I know Duff says he doesn't but, does that make me a bad person?

And OMG, my most horrid confession of all, I use Wiltons fondant...YIKES!

(As I back away feeling ashamed and less than)

oh my god! you freeze your cakes and use wilton?!? eeewww I am a scratch baker, only make IMBC and strictly use fondant! eww let's get out of here girls, she's gross and very well might have cooties!

does anybody have the "looking down my nose" smiley? icon_biggrin.gif ha!

Well I never!!!

Looking down your nose at me...Hummmft! icon_confused.gif

I just knew if I fessed up I'd be shunned by all you CC snobs icon_surprised.gif

Just for that I'm going to...well hell where does one go from here?

(As I walk away, hands in pockets, head down, kicking the dirt, looking back to see if someone, just anyone would feel sorry enough for me to beg me to stay) icon_redface.gif

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:31am
post #337 of 430
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OMGOSH I thought the social status on CC was determined by what kind of icing coloring you used, be it Ameriacolor or Wilton...I must confess I use both...will yall accept me as I am, or do I have to lie to fit it?

Also sometimes I freeze my cakes...I know Duff says he doesn't but, does that make me a bad person?

oh my god! you freeze your cakes and use wilton?!? eeewww I am a scratch baker, only make IMBC and strictly use fondant! eww let's get out of here girls, she's gross and very well might have cooties!

Well I never!!!

I just knew if I fessed up I'd be shunned by all you CC snobs icon_surprised.gif

(As I walk away, hands in pockets, head down, kicking the dirt, looking back to see if someone, just anyone would feel sorry enough for me to beg me to stay) icon_redface.gif

PLEASE STAY!!!!! (I need someone lower than me on here, so I have someone to look down my nose at! Alas... I've finally found someone. *sigh* icon_razz.gif

P.S. You don't gotta lie to kick it! icon_wink.gif

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:42am
post #338 of 430

Don't forget the Neon sign on your front lawn that reads in SCREAMING bold print:

"WE DELIVERY" icon_lol.gif

frosting111 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 4:43pm
post #339 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodlesjupiter

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well I never!!!

PLEASE STAY!!!!! (I need someone lower than me on here, so I have someone to look down my nose at! Alas... I've finally found someone. *sigh* icon_razz.gif

P.S. You don't gotta lie to kick it! icon_wink.gif

Well shucks if ya put it that way, how could I walk away and leave you on the bottom like that all alone.... us low life's has gotta stick together, at least till we can figure out a way to take total control of this place....Then the cake universe will be ours, all ours!!!

Ok so I got carried away, thanks for begging me back, hope I can return the favor one day..and stop looking down your nose at me like that, makes ya look funny!

icon_cool.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:12pm
post #340 of 430

Well, after reading all 23 pages, I have a few things to mention.

1. Meth was mentioned back on page 9. Im glad someone finally brought that subject to light because I think it is important in the cake making process. Without it, theres no way I would be able to stay up for days at a time to get all my orders done. I am truly offended that some of you can do a 6-tier cake in mere minutes, but it takes me days. Therefore, you are all at fault for my meth usage.

2. Since reading about it on CC, I have been a firm believer in the Melvira method. Let me just share a quick tip for you. If you leave it with a few bits of buttercream on the end and the icing has dried hard onto the roller, just a quick dip in paint thinner will clean that right off and it is good as new. You probably knew that though.after all, it is a PAINT roller for crying out loud.

3. My BFF came to me and asked me to make a penis cake for her other BFFs birthday party. I am so glad that I do them. Anyone who doesnt do them is just a prude who is probably still a virgin at 49 years old. Who cares if my young children come into the kitchen and see it? Why should I care if I put it on my website and my preacher wants to order one? My BFFs money is green as anybody elses so Ill do them w/o another thought.

4. I totally feel that allergies (especially food allergies) are made up. I have no food allergies so therefore neither does anyone else. Since this is the case, I have found that greasing my pans with peanut butter gives my cakes that extra flavor that everyone covets. You should try it sometime.

5. Anyone who finds it difficult to ice smooth cake sides should try a cake comb. Youve seen them made by Wilton, but since I dont like the Wilton products I have decided to just use the comb I use when I fix my hair. No one is the wiser and I have saved myself $1.99 in the process!

6. Lets discuss avatars. Now, I know that mine can be controversial since it is my children of the corn, but you should not put up pictures of anything that I dont agree with.

7. Can someone tell me how to run a business from my home? I know there are dozens of threads on CC about it, but I want you to look it up for me. So far I have done lots on my own. I have turned on the computer and thats it. I am in a Cambodian village, so Im sure you know exactly who I need to contact and what the regulations are.

Now I feel much better about all this. If you need me, Ill be in my mobile cupcake diner feeding the masses with my stolen cupcake recipe that I signed I would never use when I quit my last job at the awesome bakery one town to the west of here. I just simply dont have the LUXURY of running my own legit shop.

**Aren't you glad I hit "enter" every once in a while? I was so tempted to make this post one ginormous paragraph!

frosting111 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 5:56pm
post #341 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Well, after reading all 23 pages, I have a few things to mention.

1. Meth was mentioned back on page 9. Im glad someone finally brought that subject to light because I think it is important in the cake making process. Without it, theres no way I would be able to stay up for days at a time to get all my orders done. I am truly offended that some of you can do a 6-tier cake in mere minutes, but it takes me days. Therefore, you are all at fault for my meth usage.

2. Since reading about it on CC, I have been a firm believer in the Melvira method. Let me just share a quick tip for you. If you leave it with a few bits of buttercream on the end and the icing has dried hard onto the roller, just a quick dip in paint thinner will clean that right off and it is good as new. You probably knew that though.after all, it is a PAINT roller for crying out loud.

3. My BFF came to me and asked me to make a penis cake for her other BFFs birthday party. I am so glad that I do them. Anyone who doesnt do them is just a prude who is probably still a virgin at 49 years old. Who cares if my young children come into the kitchen and see it? Why should I care if I put it on my website and my preacher wants to order one? My BFFs money is green as anybody elses so Ill do them w/o another thought.

4. I totally feel that allergies (especially food allergies) are made up. I have no food allergies so therefore neither does anyone else. Since this is the case, I have found that greasing my pans with peanut butter gives my cakes that extra flavor that everyone covets. You should try it sometime.

5. Anyone who finds it difficult to ice smooth cake sides should try a cake comb. Youve seen them made by Wilton, but since I dont like the Wilton products I have decided to just use the comb I use when I fix my hair. No one is the wiser and I have saved myself $1.99 in the process!

6. Lets discuss avatars. Now, I know that mine can be controversial since it is my children of the corn, but you should not put up pictures of anything that I dont agree with.

7. Can someone tell me how to run a business from my home? I know there are dozens of threads on CC about it, but I want you to look it up for me. So far I have done lots on my own. I have turned on the computer and thats it. I am in a Cambodian village, so Im sure you know exactly who I need to contact and what the regulations are.

Now I feel much better about all this. If you need me, Ill be in my mobile cupcake diner feeding the masses with my stolen cupcake recipe that I signed I would never use when I quit my last job at the awesome bakery one town to the west of here. I just simply dont have the LUXURY of running my own legit shop.

**Aren't you glad I hit "enter" every once in a while? I was so tempted to make this post one ginormous paragraph!

Oooooooohooooh, you make penis cakes and sell em for green money..fer shame fer shame!!!

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 6:11pm
post #342 of 430
Quote:
Quote:

Well shucks if ya put it that way, how could I walk away and leave you on the bottom like that all alone.... us low life's has gotta stick together, at least till we can figure out a way to take total control of this place....Then the cake universe will be ours, all ours!!!

Shhhhhh!!!!!! shhh.gif We can't let them in on our evil little plot. It's us against the cake universe! They won't know what hit them when we come along! Oh, and you're welcome for begging you back.... and I don't look funny from looking down my nose at you... that's just the way I look.

Oh, and IMHO, it's better to have green money than a green penis.... cake.

frosting111 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 6:45pm
post #343 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodlesjupiter

Quote:
Quote:

Shhhhhh!!!!!! shhh.gif We can't let them in on our evil little plot. It's us against the cake universe! They won't know what hit them when we come along! Oh, and you're welcome for begging you back.... and I don't look funny from looking down my nose at you... that's just the way I look.

Oh, and IMHO, it's better to have green money than a green penis.... cake.

Shhhhhhh, just incase some those nosey CCers are eave dropping...Reicon_surprised.gifur plot to take over the cake universe, lets gets us a couple of Mini Me's too....(as I hold my pinky finger to the corner of my mouth and smile) icon_twisted.gif

Re:green money,green penis or green with envy, its all the same! icon_lol.gif

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 7:27pm
post #344 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

icon_lol.gif I really enjoyed this one; very funny!

And since it wouldn't be right not to have this question randomly sprinkled throughout any thread:
"What is SPS?"

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 10:06pm
post #345 of 430

Hey guys-I was in another thread, and remembered this story.
One of my best friends is a horrible cook. One time she cooked this bloody steak with mushrooms ontop of it. She proceeds to tell us the mushrooms came from her parent's bathroom-they were growing them in the tub! Needless to say, we stopped eating and picked up takeout on the way home.
BATHROOM MUSHROOMS!!!!! EEEEWWWWW!!!!!!

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:13pm
post #346 of 430

jammjenks: Image

summernoelle: Image!!!!!!!!

frosting111 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:19pm
post #347 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Hey guys-I was in another thread, and remembered this story.
One of my best friends is a horrible cook. One time she cooked this bloody steak with mushrooms ontop of it. She proceeds to tell us the mushrooms came from her parent's bathroom-they were growing them in the tub! Needless to say, we stopped eating and picked up takeout on the way home.
BATHROOM MUSHROOMS!!!!! EEEEWWWWW!!!!!!

Oh gosh, thats nasty..sounds like something they would have served on Fear Factor!!! YUK tapedshut.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:41pm
post #348 of 430

summer if the mushrooms came from the bathtub can you imagine where she got the steak? icon_surprised.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:42pm
post #349 of 430

That is too funny Summernoelle! when i first started dating my husband, his family would always joke about the early days of their family and the strange things they did to make ends meet so they would always talk about the "bathtub beer" and how awful it was but they drank it because it was cheap. I never understood it, I mean how did they take a shower if their tub was filled with beer?!? Well it wasn't until about 2 yrs ago when my husband started brewing beer that I realized what they meant... they had it in big glass jars fermenting in the tub... and here I was assuming that they just filled the tub up with beer and let it go for a few weeks! Whenever they had an urge for a drink, they'd grab a ladel and get a drink! EEWWWWW.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 11:50pm
post #350 of 430

What I want to know is...........where the heck do these people bathe if they're using their tubs for mushrooms and beer? icon_confused.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 12:00am
post #351 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

What I want to know is...........where the heck do these people bathe if they're using their tubs for mushrooms and beer? icon_confused.gif

I know someone who had a 2nd bathroom in their mobile home and said "we didn't use much anyway" so they raised their baby rabbits in it.

summernoelle Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 12:49am
post #352 of 430

That was the justification, indydebi. It was the guest bathroom, and they used the shower curtain as the barrier.

Now, I'm sorry, but I am going to be graphic here. You know how they say you should keep your toothbrush in a drawer, because when you flush the toilet, water droplets are released in the air? And those water droplets contain whatever you just released into the toilet? Not. OK. to serve to me. Vomit.

If you ask my DH, he swears he was sick by the time we left there. icon_lol.gif

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:26am
post #353 of 430

were they mushrooms or shrooms? Just saying

summernoelle Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 1:38am
post #354 of 430

jly...wouldn't that have made the evening MUCH more interesting?

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:02am
post #355 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

That was the justification, indydebi. It was the guest bathroom, and they used the shower curtain as the barrier.

Now, I'm sorry, but I am going to be graphic here. You know how they say you should keep your toothbrush in a drawer, because when you flush the toilet, water droplets are released in the air? And those water droplets contain whatever you just released into the toilet? Not. OK. to serve to me. Vomit.

If you ask my DH, he swears he was sick by the time we left there. icon_lol.gif

Well, I had been about to say, "Better the tub than the toilet!" but I guess that distinction is not as clear-cut as I was thinking...

That meal sure isn't going to help your friend's "horrible cook" status, is it?

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:11am
post #356 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumKitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

G'day mate! I'm a Sheila that knows how to throw some shrimp on the barbie!

LOL! Nope, I still sound like a dork. Definitely not an Aussie, but glad I "know" someone who's house I can crash at when I finally get down under.

Hahahaha - spoken like a true tourist!!

You are welcome anytime! plenty of room here and I am sure you would find my group of Aussie Decoraters as entertaining as your group here - the only time we have tried a "tinsy" bit of Aussie humour on CC we were just about hung, drawn, quartered ....... tar & feathered!!
Glad to see you "taking the mickey" (another Aussie saying meaning ... tongue in cheek poking fun of) out of those "oh so serious ones!!

How do you guys say "Get drunk out of your mind" cause that's what I wanna do right now icon_biggrin.gif

Idreamofcakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #357 of 430

ummm apparently you have to marry into Stephanie's Dh's family!!
That should get you pretty drunk, a whole tub 'o beer icon_wink.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:23am
post #358 of 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idreamofcakes

ummm apparently you have to marry into Stephanie's Dh's family!!
That should get you pretty drunk, a whole tub 'o beer icon_wink.gif

mmmmmmmmm 'shroom beer....

Idreamofcakes Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 3:55am
post #359 of 430

luvefreebies where u at in so cal?
I'm in the High Desert...but don't tell anyone incase they want to stalk me or something crazy icon_razz.gif

luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 4:03am
post #360 of 430

North Orange County

LA County High Desert or San Berardino High Desert? icon_lol.gif my lips are sealed tapedshut.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%