CLICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

lildeby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildeby Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 1:22pm
post #1262 of 1417

CLICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:35am
post #1263 of 1417

Clicks done here for today. See you later!

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:57am
post #1264 of 1417

Click!!!

lildeby Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 12:56pm
post #1265 of 1417

Hello Ladies!!
How are things going with everyone? it seems a little quiet in here latley!
Veejay are you still healing well? I hope so! (((HUGS)))
Ohara are you exausted from 2 babies yet? My friend just found out the other day she can't have babies-She has been trying for ten years- and they said htey need to do a hysterectomy due to endomitriosois. She is so devastated!She has been in a deep peression for a couple weeks now.
Honeyudkes how are things with you? Been out bike riding lately?
Dhcccstr glad you found your way back. Did you have your mamogram done? Where are you at now? I noticed it says wherever the military takes us. Who is in the servive? What branch? Sorry I am nosey!
Ladies have a good day! Clicks done!!!!!!!!!!!

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:19am
post #1266 of 1417

Hi Ladies...

Keeping fingers crossed I'm taking tomorrow off...today made 30 days!!!

So how is everyone? Jan---how is/was the visit with your Mom?

Ohara---how are the babies? Are you getting any rest?

Deb---how's your back? Are you up and around?

Honeydukes---how's everything with you?

I feel like I've been gone for weeks. This popping in and out doesn't keep me informed well enough on how life is for everyone else.

Woo Hoo!!! I can't wait till tomorrow!!!

veejaytx Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:00am
post #1267 of 1417

Clicks are done today.

This is a sort of sad time for me and my family, we put mother in a nursing home last night. Her dementia has gotten so bad it isn't safe for her to be without supervision. Her DH also has dementia and alzheimers, so he is also going into a care facility. I think mother will like the facility once she settles in, but she was scared about going.
My DB and SIL took her last night, and I haven't heard how it all went, but am hoping she was all right.

I am very tired, my body hurts all over, I've been without my regular resting time because I had to stay right with mother almost every minute...it has been a hard 6 days for all of us. Of course, there were some good times and laughter mixed in with the hard part, thank goodness for those!

Hope everybody is hanging in there with the heat and other challenges. Jan

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:08am
post #1268 of 1417

Good morning! Getting ready for an early ride!

VJ, I'm so sorry. Are you doin o.k.? I can't imagine how hard that must've been for you and your family. Get some rest and talk to you soon.

Kly, FINALLY! Do you have big plans or are you gonna sleep??

Lildeby, I'm glad you haven't fallen -- knock on wood. It seemed like you had a lengthy run of clumsy bad luck. How's your recovery coming along?

Ohara, are YOU getting any rest with the two little ones?

Take care ladies.

Clicks.

lildeby Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:59pm
post #1269 of 1417

VJ- My heart breaks at the thought of somone being put in a nursing home! I am sooooo sorry. Hopefully she will be well taken care of there. Demintia is a terrible thing. But most nursing home staff are well qualified to handle it. I am sure your Mother was scared! But she will adjust and things will be better for her. It is hard for a non medically qualified family to care for someone with dimentia. Maybe you could call her and talk to her on the phone and ease her a little.
Kly I am so glad to hear you finally got a day off! Did u get a new decorator?
I guess for me things are about the same. I go to the dr on monday and they will tell me if the fusion is taking! I am by no means pain free! The pain is less but the general discomfort is driving me crazy!
Going to court for the first stage of lawsuit tomarrow. I hope everything goes well.If the judge rules the surgery was necessary they will have to reimburse my insurance for everythhing. My attorny said it is possible they will have to start paying me again as well! I can't imagine actually having an income again! I haven't had one since November!
Clicks done Ladies have a good day!

lildeby Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:01pm
post #1270 of 1417

VJ- My heart breaks at the thought of somone being put in a nursing home! I am sooooo sorry. Hopefully she will be well taken care of there. Demintia is a terrible thing. But most nursing home staff are well qualified to handle it. I am sure your Mother was scared! But she will adjust and things will be better for her. It is hard for a non medically qualified family to care for someone with dimentia. Maybe you could call her and talk to her on the phone and ease her a little.
Kly I am so glad to hear you finally got a day off! Did u get a new decorator?
I guess for me things are about the same. I go to the dr on monday and they will tell me if the fusion is taking! I am by no means pain free! The pain is less but the general discomfort is driving me crazy!
Going to court for the first stage of lawsuit tomarrow. I hope everything goes well.If the judge rules the surgery was necessary they will have to reimburse my insurance for everythhing. My attorny said it is possible they will have to start paying me again as well! I can't imagine actually having an income again! I haven't had one since November!
Clicks done Ladies have a good day!

lildeby Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 11:49am
post #1271 of 1417

Clicks done! Busy day- gotta go to court!
Have a good day ladies!!

veejaytx Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 5:15pm
post #1272 of 1417

Hope it is a successful day in court for you lildeby. I'm still trying to catch up on my rest.

Mother is doing pretty well at the nursing home, DB says people there have b een really friendly to her, and she seems to be fitting in well. So far no tears or upsets, got my fingers crossed it stays that way!

Happy Thursday everyone.

Oh...clicks done today!

dhccster Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 10:21am
post #1273 of 1417

Click! thumbs_up.gif

veejaytx Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 10:45am
post #1274 of 1417

Saturday clicks are done.

lildeby Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:26pm
post #1275 of 1417

Court was ok, Attorny for the ins co. putting things off, but also made the judge mad by doing so. So we will go back in Aug. keep your fingers crossed that I will get an income of some sort then!!
Have a good day ladies!!! CLICK!!

lildeby Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:27pm
post #1276 of 1417

Court was ok, Attorny for the ins co. putting things off, but also made the judge mad by doing so. So we will go back in Aug. keep your fingers crossed that I will get an income of some sort then!!
Have a good day ladies!!! CLICK!!

KlyKat Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 1:48am
post #1277 of 1417

Hello ladies...

Jan---I am so sorry about your Mom. I know this has to be hard on you and your family, but you also know its the best for her safety. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the well wishes for my day off last Wednesday, but it got messed up icon_cry.gif My doughnut/pastry guy was 45 minutes late, so first that meant a call at 530 am then the rush to get there and get it in gear. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper icon_mad.gif

Lildeby---you are going to have to fill me in on the court stuff. I guess I missed something along the way. By the way, how are you feeling?

Honeydukes---how are you?

Ohara---how's it going with the little ones?

Well, some good new...I'M OFF TOMORROW!!! My dd is working along with one of the other guys we are in the process of training. So I'm staying up late watching my man Mark Martin rule the race thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I did hire a decorator. While he is good, he is really slow right now. I have high hopes for him.

Have a fabulous evening ladies and a even more fabulous Sunday...

lildeby Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 11:50am
post #1278 of 1417

Hello ladies!!!
Where is everybody? Not alot of activity here lately!
Kly- glad you have a good decorator-slow is sust a matter of time. better to be slow and good thanfast and sloppy! He will get faster when I started a wedding cake w/200 roses(my cake) took me almost 3 weeks now I can do the same cake in a day!So practice will speed him up and if your bakerey is that busy it won't take any time! OK - court-I hurt my back at work- the quit paying me in oct 2008- then denied my surgery.o I have been forced to sue them. I can't work I am disabled and they don't care! I hate sueing them I miss my clients, but I can't work there and it is thier fault due to short staffing us.We were caring for clients that were 2 person transport on our own.
Mark Martin did dominate! Who won? I went to sleep.
Ladies I don't know where you are but ladies I hope everyone else is doing well! VJ I hope your mom is doing wellClicks done ! Ladies have a good day!!!!!!!!

lildeby Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 11:51am
post #1279 of 1417

Hello ladies!!!
Where is everybody? Not alot of activity here lately!
Kly- glad you have a good decorator-slow is sust a matter of time. better to be slow and good thanfast and sloppy! He will get faster when I started a wedding cake w/200 roses(my cake) took me almost 3 weeks now I can do the same cake in a day!So practice will speed him up and if your bakerey is that busy it won't take any time! OK - court-I hurt my back at work- the quit paying me in oct 2008- then denied my surgery.o I have been forced to sue them. I can't work I am disabled and they don't care! I hate sueing them I miss my clients, but I can't work there and it is thier fault due to short staffing us.We were caring for clients that were 2 person transport on our own.
Mark Martin did dominate! Who won? I went to sleep.
Ladies I don't know where you are but ladies I hope everyone else is doing well! VJ I hope your mom is doing wellClicks done ! Ladies have a good day!!!!!!!!

dhccster Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 11:59am
post #1280 of 1417

click thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I have my mammogram on Friday.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 12:21pm
post #1281 of 1417

Hello ladies.

Janice, I hope your mom continues to do ok at the nursing home. I remember when we moved my grandmother. It was so hard on her and my mom. (((((hugs)))))
How are you feeling?

Kly I'm so glad that you get a day off. Hopefully your new decorator will work out great!

lildeby hopefully the court case won't drag on and on. I am no fan of court and the time that it takes for almost everything....not just law suits. When will you know if the fusion worked?

Honeydukes how is the bike riding coming? Are you all still riding in the heat?

dhccster glad to have you clicking with us. I hope all goes well with your mammogram.

Things are going well with both babies. The one thing I didn't really consider was 2 in diapers. Sometimes I feel like that is all I am doing is changing pants. I took them both to the doctor this past Wednesday. Both are healthy. The 4 month old is smaller than I thought...weight wise. He is up to 13lbs. We started him on rice cereal in the evening. (just because it's time...not to fatten him up LOL) He is doing pretty well with eating it off the spoon. He is eating less than a tablespoon....but he is getting the idea.
The older brother, (now 21 months) has speech issues. The doctor is sending us to speech therapy. With all the funding cuts...it could take a while to get in. The doctor gave me some things to work on here at home for now.
I am on the go from 5:30am till 10:00pm daily. Thankfully we are starting to settle into a routine. That is the hardest part when new ones come into the house. It takes about 2 weeks each time.

I hope you are all well and have a blessed Sunday!
Click

KlyKat Posted 12 Jul 2009 , 10:11pm
post #1282 of 1417

Ohara---I am so glad the babies are well. I know it is tough work and exhausting, but so well worth it. You are a gifted and blessed woman for being so loving!!!

dhccster---glad to came back. I wish you the best with your mammogram. Please let us know how it goes.

Lildeby---I hate that you had to go the extremes of sueing them. Why couldn't they just own up to their responsibilties and just be done with it. I hope everything works out in your favor.

Jan---how are you? Any updates with your Mom?

I did take today off thanks to my dd working for me. Although it has been a relaxing day for me, she had 17 orders and worked her butt off. Now she is home studying for an exam...I gave her tomorrow off.

My Mom is still here and we are still loving every moment of it. We have talked about her moving here, but that would be a major undertaking. We will see.

Have fabulous day ladies...

lildeby Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:27pm
post #1283 of 1417

Ohara I couldn't agree more the love u must have in your heart to take care of those children! It makes me proud to know you!!! I know it can't be easy but you do it.I am considering after my surgery heals looking into foster parenting.But for now I am doing good to take care of me!LOL! icon_biggrin.gif
Kly so glad you got a day off! Hope you rested!
VJ I hope your mom is doing well!
dhchester- hope everything goes well with your mamogram please let us know.
They said in six weeks they will do a ct scan to check the fusion so... it will be a long recovery road!
Ladies have a good day! CLICK!!

lildeby Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:28pm
post #1284 of 1417

Ohara I couldn't agree more the love u must have in your heart to take care of those children! It makes me proud to know you!!! I know it can't be easy but you do it.I am considering after my surgery heals looking into foster parenting.But for now I am doing good to take care of me!LOL! icon_biggrin.gif
Kly so glad you got a day off! Hope you rested!
VJ I hope your mom is doing well!
dhchester- hope everything goes well with your mamogram please let us know.
They said in six weeks they will do a ct scan to check the fusion so... it will be a long recovery road!
Ladies have a good day! CLICK!!

Honeydukes Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 6:32am
post #1285 of 1417

Hey guys! I have had a nasty little virus of some sort the past few days. Feeling better, but not eating any solids yet. So no riding. I'm gonna miss the HP & the Half-Blood Prince on Wednesday!! icon_cry.gif Been looking forward to it. I pulled out all my HP cookie cutters and hopefully I'll feel like baking this weekend.

dhccster, hope things go well -- best of luck to you!

Lildeby, hope it goes better for you in court. It's horrible that you have to go through this. But how are you feeling otherwise?

Ohara, I bet those kids are worth all the diapering! You are an amazing person to do what you do.

Kly, a day off?? Finally! So what exciting things did you do?

Hey, Jan! How are things in your neck of the woods?

Sadly I am behind on my clicks -- trying to catch up!

Hope everyone is doing well!

veejaytx Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 4:16pm
post #1286 of 1417

Hi ya'll. My clicks are all done, but not feeling much like posting often. Mother is doing pretty well at the nursing home, a few glitches here and there, but all in all surprisingly well. The news today is that my stepfather's children have managed to get him into the same facility, but in a separate room. I'm not sure I like this, but it wasn't up to me. I'm told he is in pretty bad shape, and it seems that might make it harder on mother, but then again, maybe not.

I've developed a problem with my incision/scar from the surgery and look like I'm deformed and/or about 6 months pregnant...but only on one side. Saw the surgeon this morning, and now I have to get an MRI to see if maybe it is a hernia. Oh, #$%#!

They are also making me get a mammogram soon, haven't set the appointment for that yet. Not looking forward to the next few weeks. My DS is going to be gone for 6 days to a convention in California, and while he is gone DIL is going to go to her mother's in Oklahoma for at least a week, so I've got to try to time this doctor stuff so I can get it done.

Hope you are all keeping cool and doing well. Jan

veejaytx Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 9:49am
post #1287 of 1417

Actually, it was a CT SCAN, got that done yesterday, but won't get the results until next Wednesday at the doctor's office. That barium stuff is pretty yucky, but not as bad as I was expecting.

Where are you all? Hope everybody is okay, and not expiring from the heat or something.

Clicks are all done.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 18 Jul 2009 , 10:09am
post #1288 of 1417

Not expiring from the heat, it's cool here right now. Todays high is going to be 71. Very unusual for July here. It should be around 90.
All are well here. We were hoping that DH would get a job offer on Friday...but that didn't happen.
Both babies are doing fine. We would like to do something fun today...but not sure what that is with two babies and a 12 yr old autistic child. LOL I would like to go to this huge flea market about an hour from here...but most of it is out side and not sure if I can push the double stroller on a gravel lot. Still thinking on the logistics of that. icon_rolleyes.gif

Janice I also am not a big fan of barium. Glad you got the test done though. Keep us posted on how it turns out. How are you doing with the heat? Have they moved your step dad in yet? if so how is it going?

Honeydukes I hope you are feeling better. Summer sick stuff is always awful.

dhccster how did the mammogram go?

lildeby how are you?

Kly I'm so glad that you got some time off. How is the new decorator working out? How exciting to even think about your mom moving there! I'm glad you are all enjoying the visit.

I hope you all have a great Saturday.

Click

veejaytx Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 9:17am
post #1289 of 1417

Clicks are done here. Glad to see you all posting, was getting a little worried about you, but can see you are just busy, productive ladies that I am proud to know!
Honeydukes sure hope you have continued feeling better! lildeby, I definitely know what you mean about being glad you can take care of you, sometimes thats just all we can manage.
dhccster, hope everything went well with your mammogram and you get great results.
K'ly, glad you are managing to get a little time off here and there.

Things aren't going so well with my mother and stepfather both in the same facility. He is in bad shape, and more or less follows my mother around...and mother doesn't want him to do that (after all, she had to leave her home to get away from him.) I think it is only a matter of time before she gets angry with him and the fighting will start again. I'm worried it will just make the adjustment harder for mother, having him there. DB and I talked about it last night, and we are going to see what can be done about it. It doesn't seem fair that she has to watch for him and try to dodge him all the time. He "escapes" outside a lot, and wants to know constantly where his car is (I suspect if he found it, he would take off.

Keith's family and I went to visit her yesterday (it is a long drive, about 30 miles, but still nowhere near the distance to Mineola) and she seems in a good mood, except about CR. Keith and I talked to CR a little, but neither of us had the feeling he knew who we were. So sad to go there and see all these old folks who are sick in one way or another, and so many of them don't have visitors. Very sad.

Well, I'm sure this is TMI in a way, but I know you all will understand the need to put some of this "stuff" down on paper, so to speak. My SIL has fixed up mother's room really nice, I'll try to post a photo soon.

Have a great day, all of you!

Honeydukes Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 8:21am
post #1290 of 1417

Hey ladies!!

Feeling much better. Finally eating solid foods again. Made some vegetable soup and slowly working back.

One very bad thing though. The only thing I could tolerate was club soda with lemon. So DH bought a big bag of lemons and it had fruit flies in with them. Now we can't get rid of them and I am losing my mind! Does anyone know of a sure-fire way to get rid of these @$#%!! things??!! icon_cry.gificon_mad.gif

70 degrees sound so nice right now. I love flea markets, maybe you can figure something out.Perfect weather for taking little ones out.

Kly hows your time off going?? Getting rest, I hope.

Lildeby, how're you doing? Still in court or that was postponed wasn't it?

dhccster any word on the mammogram?

Janice how did your scan go? When do you get any results? Will this tell you whether or not you have hernia?? Sorry to hear your mom's having a hard go of it with your SD. Maybe they'll settle in after a little more time. That was sweet of your SIL to fix up her room.

Go ahead and put it down. It'll make you feel better and you have all of us here to give you a "shoulder." icon_biggrin.gif

Trying to keep up with my clicks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%