Post Your Worst Cake!!

Decorating By ge978 Updated 23 Aug 2018 , 10:59pm by kakeladi

suzannetherlands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannetherlands Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 12:57pm
post #211 of 1303

forgot the picture!

Quote:
Quote:

When my son turned 6, he had a Pokemon birthdayparty and i made a pokebal as his birthday cake.
but.....
i never had been thinking about making it two layers, so it was one (dry) layer of cake
i didnot have red color, so i used two (3? 4?) gelatin sheets. the result? it sticked to your teeth terible ('Crying or Very sad')

my son liked it very much , but i was very glad just the children were eating it.....('Embarassed')

LL

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:20pm
post #212 of 1303

Welcome Suzannetherlands to this thread & to Cake Central. You will become addicted soon!

Monstersmom: I wish you would have taken a picture of the diploma cake....paperclips icon_lol.gif that cracks me up! Did you smash the cake in your husbands face after he said that icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

dky: I'm sure thats no true...plus its very theraputic to post a picture on this thread. It must be to make me post 3!

Quote:
Quote:

I thought it was a perfume atomiser!!!!
Nati

Boonenati you crack me up!

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:23pm
post #213 of 1303

Dky: I peeked at your photos & your cakes are gorgeous! All the more reason to post a bad one icon_biggrin.gif I especially love the dark pink one you just added!

suzannetherlands: I just looked in your photos too & beautiful job on barbie's dress...its very pretty!

Cakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:36pm
post #214 of 1303

[quote="parismom"] I would march it into a family gathering or a birthday party all proud, holding it close. I'd lay it on the counter and if I heard anyone ask, 'hey who brought the cake?" - I'd come running in the room like, "It was me, I did it, it was all me!"

You are so funny parismom!!! That totally sounds like me. My very first cake, which I don't have a picture of, was a terrible spiderman face, and I offered it around at the party we were having because I was so proud of it, and people said "Uh, no, thanks." icon_redface.gif I pretty much wanted to die. Good ole hubby stepped in and said, "I'll have some!" Then the next party we had, of course I have to make another cake because I'm just stupid. I'm spending hours trying to ice it with canned frosting wondering how people keep the crumbs out. So I covered it with coconut to hide how bad it looked and everyone gushed over it like it was a major accomplishment, "Wow, coconut!!" I was more excited to see it cut open because it was a checkered cake inside, but hubby cut it with the dullest knife in the world and all the checkers just smooshed together.

KCsmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCsmom98 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:39pm
post #215 of 1303
Quote:
Quote:

KCsmom98: there is nothing wrong with those cakes you just posted! Well, except that the bottom carrot in the one cake seems to be placed in a most unfortunate way(it looks a little suggestive) Shocked Laughing

OMG icon_surprised.gif i never even thought about that. maybe thats wht my psycho MIL liked it so much icon_lol.gif

keep these pic coming, i LOVE this thread!! icon_biggrin.gif

Kellie1583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellie1583 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:42pm
post #216 of 1303

This one I like to call 'When Flowers Attack!" The flowers turned out great, but I just didn't know when to stop putting them on! And what is up with that little lonesome daisy down in the corner? Maybe he's the one they are attacking! Sigh...file this one under "What was I thinking?" icon_redface.gif
LL

monstersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monstersmom Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:44pm
post #217 of 1303

ge978, there has been a few cakes I would have liked to have smashed in his face.

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:48pm
post #218 of 1303

monstersmom: I hear ya on that one!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Cakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 1:58pm
post #219 of 1303

Are we going to be judging to determine the "winner"? judge.gif

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 2:16pm
post #220 of 1303

I'm fairly new to this so, so please bear with me. One of my first cakes I had to make was a 3-D ladybug. I told my friend that I've never made one before, but i'd do my best. So the only thing I could think of was to use firm spaghetti to hold it together. Yea not a bright idea icon_sad.gif . It came out pretty good, but i was soooo embarrased. She still bought cakes from me so I guess the taste made up for the spaghetti. Needless to say, I still make cakes but stay away from the ladybugs!! icon_lol.gif
Unfortunately no pictures.

OwnedByLilli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OwnedByLilli Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 2:18pm
post #221 of 1303

I'm new here and don't have any ugly cakes to post because I haven't made any yet, but this is a hilarious discussion and I can't wait until I have an ugly cake to share. My daughter's 3rd birthday is in 2 weeks and she wants a Cinderella cake...should be interesting.

Alien_Sunset Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alien_Sunset Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 2:44pm
post #222 of 1303

Ok I have to join in.

Here is my worst cake, it was my first ever.

A couple of years ago in my baking class our teacher tried to teach us how to decorate cakes, but there were 25 of us and only one of her, so we really didn't learn much, she mostly just sent us out and said 'decorate' there was only one bag per person and we had to trade for different colours and only so many tips so we had fights over who got what.

I tried to ice the cake wit a whipped ganache, but it froze up while I was icing and I had to get it on as best I could and then went over it with a hot wet spatula.

I was so proud of it too! And it looks awful!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 2:59pm
post #223 of 1303

OMG after reading everyones post.. Heath may have some sympathy and start his own site.
" CC addiction, we help those in need. If you have a loved one who is laughing at the computer with a wet chair, every other word that comes from their mouth is cake and if you find your loved one baking 24/7 just to enter a CC contest. You found the right place"
OH MY all of you are just something else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:19pm
post #224 of 1303

alien_sunset : is that a mouse sitting in a cup of coffee? icon_lol.gif Actually, it kind of has a cool leathered effect! Just tell everyone you did it on purpose thumbs_up.gif

briansbaker: you crack me up!

I swear I should publish a book of ugliest cakes/disasters! Everyone could send me their pictures & I could publish the worst ones. I would buy it. icon_lol.gif

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:26pm
post #225 of 1303

Okay, I found the picture I was looking for. This is the cake I was making that I added those baby booties for. Just to add insult to injury the whole cake fell in the middle of the night & I had to redo it.
LL

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:30pm
post #226 of 1303

Ok I'll play! I can't find all my old pics but this one is pretty bad. I made it for my brother's birthday about 6 years ago. I don't think it really falls under adult theme so I'll post since it doesn't really show anything realistic. If it is too racy, please let me know and I'll ask Heath or Jackie to remove it!
LL

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:32pm
post #227 of 1303

Wow. She has a hairy chest! icon_biggrin.gif

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:34pm
post #228 of 1303

Or is that a hairy back?

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:43pm
post #229 of 1303
Quote:
Quote:

I swear I should publish a book of ugliest cakes/disasters! Everyone could send me their pictures & I could publish the worst ones. I would buy it.

Put pictures of our worst cake, then pictures of how well everyone decorates now! Then when we look in the gallery no one would feel intimidated by the excellent cakes posted now, cause we could see they started out crappy, too!! It would give everyone hope that we DO get better!! Oh, yeah I'd buy it!!

Quote:
Quote:

tiptop57 wrote:
Tripletmom, Cinderella has Angelina Jolie's smile!

I was thinking that too...or Melanie Griffith!

riagirl wrote:
no...it's lisa rinna!!

Oh, yeah! Even bigger lips than Melanie Griffith! Ha-ha-ha- thumbs_up.gif

Quote:
Quote:

maybe the ladybug ate the bootie, was still hungry and bit cinderella's lips????

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Quote:
Quote:

So what you guys are trying to tell me is to enter my baby booties cake in the March of Dimes contest....now if I'm mistaken in my assumption let me know.

Not to be cruel...but, I'd definitely enter it.........if you want to come in LAST!! icon_lol.gificon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

I'm LOVING this thread! Boy, I'm REALLY pathetic....I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and just HAD to come check this thread for comments!! icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 3:49pm
post #230 of 1303
Quote:
Quote:

Okay, I found the picture I was looking for. This is the cake I was making that I added those baby booties for. Just to add insult to injury the whole cake fell in the middle of the night & I had to redo it.

icon_eek.gif WHAT the ?????? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Or is that a hairy back?

Looks like a hairy back to me! icon_lol.gif Was she supposed to be dead? Cause she's blue/purple!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Sitting here LMHO!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif Wait! I think I just had an "accident" be right back.........where are those darn "DEPENDS" when you need em? icon_rolleyes.gificon_confused.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:04pm
post #231 of 1303

I knew this morning when I got up there would be many more comments....BUT GE....THAT CAKE!!!!!

was there more to it and I'm missing it....or did the giant Baby's name start a "Y"??

This is soooo funny!!!! I got up this morning got my computer crawled back into bed opened up CC and started laughing and my husband...who when he is asleep hears NOTHING......rolled over and "OMG again!!! You seriously have a cake problem!!!" icon_surprised.gif

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:14pm
post #232 of 1303

twinsline: I have both block pictures in my gallery. The first one the blocks were stacked & then fell over resulting in the last picture I just posted....then I tried to fix it by cutting them into smaller blocks...not my best idea!!

My husband was giving me strange looks last night too....he was like what could possibly be so funny on a cake forum. I told him he had to be there.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:21pm
post #233 of 1303

I like this thread. Like some other decorators I don't take pics of my cakes I don't like. I don't need the reminders. UGH! My least favorite cake is the rainbow cake I had to make for class. I put my grandaughters name on it just for the writing experience. The other day i was looking thru my cake album I use for cake orders and she saw that one. She said "grandma, was this MY cake?" I said "holy cow NO sweetie" and showed her the picture of her cake. LOL I don't have access to that cake right now or I'd post it. At least by having some pics of our earlier cakes we can see where we've come from then. Let it be an encouragement to us all.

Oh and cut me a big piece, off the corner please!

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:22pm
post #234 of 1303

Are you kidding! I don't photograph my bad cakes. Can't bear to remember them...

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:23pm
post #235 of 1303

ge looks like your DH got up in the night and started eating your cake!!!!!!!! Is that before it was cut up??? L M A O!!!!!!!

Alien_Sunset Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alien_Sunset Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:32pm
post #236 of 1303

ge978:
Yep, well teacup, but yeah.

And that disgusting yellow green blob in the bottom is supposed to be the mad hatters hat.

CarolAnn Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:34pm
post #237 of 1303

Twinsline7, I love your icon. Where'd you find it? I have twins too but they're grown up.
Carol

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:45pm
post #238 of 1303

Khalstead: heehee...If I wasn't there to hear the thump of it falling over I would have blamed him for eating it icon_lol.gif

I'll show you guys the sequence of events with that cake:
LL
LL
LL

CarolAnn Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:49pm
post #239 of 1303

Good save I'd say!!

ge978 Posted 11 Mar 2006 , 4:55pm
post #240 of 1303

thanks carolann: this cake is one I did before I even heard the word dowel...I thought I could just stack those cakes on top of each other & they would be fine...lesson learned!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%