I was playing around and wanted to make an egg nog cake but didnt want to make from scratch so I used a cake mix, but because I substituted the water for eggnog it made the cake heavy and sink. So I turned them into egg nog balls which are absolutly great.
Egg Nog Balls
- 1 box of Ducan Hines Butter cake
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup of Egg nog (replaced for water)
- Coffee mate Egg nog creamer
- Bowl of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Colored chocolate (optional)
- Take a box of Ducan Hines Butter cake follow all the directions on the package but omit the 2/3 of water and replace it with egg nog coffee mate creamer bake as followed may need extra time it is heavy. *caution the cake will sink when it comes out of the oven* It is ok you are going to break it up into pieces anyway after it cools. Once it is cooled and broken up into pieces add more of the egg nog creamer enough to soak the cake. Once the cake is soaked make little balls and place on a sheet of wax paper, place into the freezer for 15-20 minutes. In that time melt a bowl full of semi sweet chocolate chips place the bowl on a heating pad to keep the chocolate melted as you work. Remove the balls from the freezer and dip into the chocolate and re-freeze until harden. At this point you can remove them from the freezer and either leave them the way they are or decorate with colored chocolate I used green. Put them in a serving dish and serve. They are absolutly divine. ENJOY
It’s the holidays who cares!!!