Way Off Topic... Three Random Things About You

Lounge By edencakes Updated 1 Mar 2014 , 1:25am by karina_lisa2010

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 11:26pm
post #91 of 408

jennjd,

I have a cousin who is deaf and speak sign language...she is 10 yrs old and go to a school that teaches sign language.

Alot of the children that she comes in contact with outside of the school make fun at her because they can't understand her and the parents don't take the time to explain that you don't make fun at people.

I hate to dress-up also...jeans and ponytail for me.

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 11:34pm
post #92 of 408

3 things about me!

1. I love ANYTHING Star Trek.

2. I have an associates degree in Electronics Technology.

3. I used to be a Michigan State Certified Auto Mechanic. I got my cert when I was 16. I let it expire when I was 24. I could not find a job anywhere. They all wanted exp. mechanics. thumbsdown.gif

*bonus* I love fishing and collecting antique fishing equipment. Oh and I am father to the WORLDS cutest 2.5 year old! (when she's good) icon_biggrin.gif

Joe

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 11:37pm
post #93 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by debsuewoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlover00

icon_lol.gif
I call mine "Dick".........cuz that's really his name, but it works out well for me.
icon_lol.gif

Girl, you are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

ROTFL!

Debbi

I call myself KING!!!!!!!!!

when the wifes not around icon_razz.gif

Joe

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 11:43pm
post #94 of 408

dragonwarlord1969,

Love it...king king.gif

atkin600 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atkin600 Posted 9 Oct 2005 , 11:45pm
post #95 of 408

Just logged on and have enjoyed reading about all of you wonderful people. Here's mine:

1. I am 30 years old, have been married for six years, and have two kids, a girl 4 years old and a 21 month old son with fire red hair and a temper to match.

2. Probably the most adventurous thing I've ever done is to pack up my then 18 month old little girl and move from Mississippi to Manhatten with my husband so that he could attend graduate school for two semesters. This was not even a full year after the WTC attacks. We had many enjoyable experiences there. If I leaned over far enough I could see the Statue of Liberty out of the one window in our 600 square foot apartment. I got to meet Regis and Kelly at a taping of their show. It was neat being able to see myself on national tv even if it was just in the audience!

3. I worked for six years as an RN in labor and delivery. I am glad that I have the degree to fall back on if needed, but I would have to agree that it is a very stressful job and I am glad that I am now a stay at home mom.

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 12:03am
post #96 of 408

traci - men can be such dogs!!!

That is why I truely believe us women have to stick together.
I know we can be catty and "witchy" but the best relationship to have are with women. you can't share everything with a man!!

they don't want to talk about clothes or how hot "spike" is or "angel" (at least mine doesn't!)

Only a girl can truely understand paying 100 dollars for a pair of shoes. (I know there are some men who are the exception!!)
or be able to go to the mall three days in a row and still find something to buy each time.

another fact about me is: I do love to shop!! I use to only shop for my girls because I was in the "mommy rut" and didn't shop for me. Well I got a new hair cut and that hair cut needed some new things!!!

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 12:22am
post #97 of 408

Hmm... well my life has been quite a drama the past few years, but I don't know how much I want to reveal, lol!

1. I went to a seminary college and was planning to go teach at a christian school in Russia, but my life plan pretty much fell apart when I met dh, fell in love/lust, got pregnant, & got married.

2. I am going to secretly take salsa dancing lessons with my sister over the next few months, and not tell dh 'cause he is so jealous! Shh! Don't tell!

3. I have to eat something chocolate every day!

Melissa icon_razz.gif

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 12:24am
post #98 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwogirls

traci - men can be such dogs!!!

Only a girl can truely understand paying 100 dollars for a pair of shoes. (I know there are some men who are the exception!!)
or be able to go to the mall three days in a row and still find something to buy each time.

I'm with you there. My two year old is already learning the joy of shoes. She has more than I do. icon_eek.gif

another fact about me is: I do love to shop!! I use to only shop for my girls because I was in the "mommy rut" and didn't shop for me. Well I got a new hair cut and that hair cut needed some new things!!!

Good for you for getting out of the "mommy rut". All us moms have to learn to do that.

I probably did the quote thing wrong . . . so you will probably have to figure this one out. Sorry. icon_redface.gif

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 12:27am
post #99 of 408

cyndi - i figured it out.

thanks for that.

to do the quote thing, I believe you hit the quote botton, copy and paste the message, and then hit the quote botton again.

I love your quote cyndi!!!

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 12:39am
post #100 of 408

mmm, okay.....

1. I love to sing
2. I love astronomy (not astrology icon_lol.gif )
3. I love Bible prophecy

farney0125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farney0125 Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 1:02am
post #101 of 408

Ok, so I have loved reading about you all....funny to see how many stay at home moms are addicted to this site...I know I have this site up all day, and check in more than a million times a day to see what cakes are new...here are my three...

1~ I have 10 month old twin boys, and a 3 1/2 year old little girl that make me feel very old, and young at the same time.

2~ I got married when I was barely 21 (no I wasn't pregnant, but there is nothing wrong with that if you were! icon_wink.gif ) We have been married 5 1/2 years (together 8 1/2...boy that's a long time!), and I love him more today than the day we met. (it was love at first sight.)

3~ I started decorating cakes when my daughter was 1, but have become obbsessed with it lately...I secretly want to go to school to become a criminal profiler. (I think that would be so much fun, and interesting to try to figure out the freaks in the world.)

too bad it's only 3....I could go on all day!

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 1:37am
post #102 of 408

Oh this looks like fun!

1) I play ice hockey, both coed and women's.

2) I work at a local Humane Society doing payroll and admin stuff. (love it, have been there 4+ years)

3) I have been married just short of 15 years. We didn't have kids until just 5 1/2 years ago. -just wanted to wait. : ) Now we have two, a girl 5 1/2 and a boy who just turned 3.

mjordan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjordan Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 1:51am
post #103 of 408

Reading about all of you is really interesting, so here's mine....

1. I started decorating cakes about 2 years ago. I discovered this site a couple of months ago and love it. I have to check in every day to see what is new.

2. Other than decorating cakes, I love doing yoga. Unfortunately I have not made it to a class in 2 months.

3. I got my hair hightlighted yesterday, and it looks awful! I am very upset and dreading going to work.

Cheers!

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 2:03am
post #104 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjd

My turn

1. I'd Deaf and speak American Sign Language most of the time. I can use my voice but I really hate to. I speak several (about 5) differnt dialects of sign language.
2. I'm a teacher . . . I teach Sign Language to Families with infants all the way up to the university level.
3. I would rather be caught dead than have to dress up and wear make up.

Who's next?

Ok I have one to add.. I wanna leanr ASL! I know some but not enough to get by

BlueLamp1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueLamp1 Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 3:07am
post #105 of 408

Oh fun! i wanna play!

mmmmm Ok, Here we go
1. Im a 29yo old FLeetwood Mac/Steve Nicks fanatic. So much that for my 30th bday next March, im throwing myself a FM/SN themed party. Everyones invited!

2. I never miss an episode of "Charmed" on th WB, except, ironically enough, tonites episode as my cable went out. icon_biggrin.gif

3. I hate mushrooms, cherries, and jalapenos.

how fun!
BYe y'all!

bikegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikegal Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 3:32am
post #106 of 408

Here I go....

1. I love tent camping and backpacking. My husband and I try to hit as
many national parks as possible each year.

2. I collect cake stands and blown glass perfume bottles. icon_smile.gif

3. I used to live two blocks over from the Space Needle until we moved to
Illinois.

kyliem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliem Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 3:41am
post #107 of 408

Hi!

Three random things:

1. I broke my wrist in two places at the age of 22 learning to rollerblade -- I still can't blade!

2. The only place I'll sing is in my car. I know I look pretty silly, so I pretend I can't be seen through the windows.

3. The bravest thing I've ever done was fly alone to London (I live in Australia), where I knew no one, and live there for two years.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 3:56am
post #108 of 408

So interesting to read everyone's history!! We all have so much in common!!!

Somethings I forgot to add:

1. I'm a volunteer Firelady/EMS. My fav thing in the Fire Dept is driving the engines!!! What a rush!!

2. I hate celery, peas, peaches & apricots

3. I am a sugar addict!! Big time! I have to eat something sweet 3 or more times a day! Can't control the craving!

4. Janice (Veejaytx) forgot to say she has 4 kids! I'm her 4th!! icon_lol.gif Mom, how could you forget your favorite kid? icon_wink.gif

5. My daughter went to her 1st Homecoming dance last night! Wow she looked so beautiful!

6. To everyone that is a Amazing Race fan... The Rogers family that was last place last week are from Shreveport/Bossier where I am! The Dad owns a Dodge dealship here called Landers Dodge. We have bought 3 cars from them through the years. I was sad that they were last but got over it quick! They didn't need the money!

7. I would love to be on Big Brother BUT I don't have a figure like all the girls that go on there! I wish they would put more normal people on the show!! I still love it though!

This was such as great subject!! Having fun reading all the posts!!

MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 4:03am
post #109 of 408

Ok...My turn.... icon_lol.gif

1. I am a SAHM. My oldest son CJ (who happens to be a ninja) is 9, my daughter Bailey (who wants to be told she is beautiful EVERYday) is almost 5, and Ethan (started out as my preemie but has now out done Houdini) is almost 3.

2. Hubby and I have been together for 10 years, married 7 as of 10/10/05 icon_wink.gif I just adore him.

3. I am on here everyday!! I love this place. Hubby says that he gets scared when I am on here...cause I just bust out laughing at some of the stuff on here and he says it scares him cause he is afraid someone who hears or sees me, may want to have me committed for laughing at a computer screen icon_rolleyes.gif

P.S. I am outgoing and have a great sense of humor...I know,I know, you said 3 ..lol icon_razz.gif

Beth

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 4:33am
post #110 of 408

Sorry, Tina, I didn't mean to forget about you, for sure, but you are my youngest and newest, the adoption just slipped my mind! I really hate it when that happens!

I forgot something else too...my oldest son was born in Alaska the year they got statehood!

Janice

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 4:36am
post #111 of 408

3 random things:

1. After spending thousands of dollars to become an occupational therapist, i am now a stay at home mom to my 5 year old twins, my 3 year old daughter and my 6 month old son.

2. I have green eyes and REALLY wanted one of my kids to have green eyes like me, but they all have blue eyes like my hubby.

3. Everyone tells my husband he looks like Nick Lachey, so I guess it's o.k. if my kids resemble him, cause that aint too shabby icon_wink.gif

pkcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkcakes Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 4:37am
post #112 of 408

Here I go:
1- I hate to cook (I really do) . It's very stressing for me, but I LOVE baking.
2- I met my DH in college 11 years ago. He liked me, but I didn't like him so we were just friends for almost 7 years. We married 3 years ago. He's a big blessing in my life.
3- I like to learn new things all the time. I hate loosing time so I always grab a book when I know I'll wait for something and I'll make a long trip somewhere. That's why a taught my self knitting, to knit while I'm watching on tv something I'm not so interested in (ex. when my DH has the control remote icon_wink.gif ).

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 4:50am
post #113 of 408

alright....I'm in.....

My DH & I have known each other since grade school & went to the same schools until our junior year in high school. But never dated in high school because he was about a foot shorter than me back then & said that he was intimidated by me because of my height & because he said "You were one of 'those' girls...totally out of my & my friends league...we all had crushes on you but thought you'd never go out with one of us. Although you were one of the nicest people in the entire school...that's why we had such crushes on you." Funny - I spent my entire high school years feeling like I didn't fit in anywhere & like I was just an overgrown gangly ugly duckling!! Ran into him 8 yrs after high school at a bar on the beach in Gulf Shores where we both were living at the time...got up the courage to ask him if he was who I thought he was & we've been together ever since - literally! Married 6 yrs ago and have kids ages 5, 3 & 1.

I was raised by my dad, so I think more like a man. Which has made it hard to make true friends because it throws off both women & men - they either think I'm flirting when in conversation w/a man or just think I'm strange for not being so "womanly".

My dad has been married 9 times - 5 of which were during my childhood, so I had lots of "adjusting" to do growing up...lots of temporary step-siblings off & on.

When I was 21 & lived in Atlanta I had 2 jobs - 1 Working in the acctng dept of a development/construction/mgmt company as an executive assistant, 2 gogo dancer Thursday-Sunday nights at a club downtown - NOT a stripper, dressed all crazy & wore hot pink wigs, etc. & stood on a platform and danced, along with 5 other girls througout the club. Hey, I was 21 & "partygirl"! I loved to dance (professionally taught from the age of 3 until 20 in ballet, etc.) and went to clubs on the weekend, so thought I should get paid to do it if I could!!

If my DH didn't exist & I could have any man on the face of the earth - DAVE MATTHEWS icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif Dave Matthews Band is my favorite musical artist(s) of all time & Dave himself is just delicious looking to me...plus, from interviews I've seen of him & stuff I've read about him, etc I really like the way he thinks.

I secretly wish that I could become a private investigator...yup...ok - I admitted it...lol. There's something about when someone is doing wrong, finding out what it is that they have to hide.

I like soap operas....though with 3 kids I only get to watch snippets here & there. Maybe it's because everyone always has an ulterior, usually evil, motive & I wish I could be the one to figure it all out & expose them!!! (all while flashing my private eye badge!!) hehehehe icon_twisted.gif

When my kids are older, I plan to have my own restaurant & blow everyone in this town away with my skills and become a local celebrity...hoping that someone will tell Food Network about me & give me my own show!! HA!!! (Ok...so I got a little carried away on that one...but I do hope to have my own restaurant and have it become an institution in this little town!!) hehehe icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gif

My DH & I lived in Key West before we got married...lived right on Duval st. one block behind Hemingway's house. That is one INSANE town!! icon_razz.gif

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 5:38am
post #114 of 408

This is sooo much fun!

1. My husband and I met when I was 18 and he was 15. He was waaaayyyy to young back then but we hung out. I moved very far away and 5 years later I get a phone call at my work and it's him asking me for a date. After a whole bunch of I was dating someone at the time then he was dating someone it took him being stabbed 16 times to get together with me......yes he was stabbed 16 times! (that's a whole other story!)
We've been happily married for 5 wonderful years. He is truly an amazing person! and I would never trade him for anything in the world!!

2. I am a 30 year old icon_cry.gif (I feel old!!!) stay at home mom to one beautiful, busy boy! He keeps me on my toes! He will be turning the BIG ONE year old on Oct 17/051 My little baby is growing up! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

3. I would love to go to culinary school, that would be a dream come true!! but that will probably never happen because I don't live close enough to one icon_cry.gif

I could go on....
Thanks for letting me play!!

cakelady1994 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady1994 Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 5:43am
post #115 of 408

My turn ...
I come from a big family i have six brother and two sisters.i was born on my mom's 43 birthday.

I started dating my dh in march 86 and we got married in may of 86.we had our son 9 mo later.

I live 20 miles from where John Carpenter lived.his dad was a teacher at the local college.

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 6:10am
post #116 of 408

I'm from a large family, and am the oldest. The youngest was born when I was 19 and home from college on Christmas break.

My husband and I married after only knowing each other for 7 weeks. (But hey, my parents married after only 6 weeks.) We are very happily married and each day is better than the last.

I homeschool my children.

I love to do unusual things for people. Such as, every other year I cut off my hair to ear length (it grows fast) and donate it to "Locks of Love", I am currently a Gestational Surrogate (not biologically related) for a couple who needed help having their own child, and I make quilts for homeless children (who are often over looked when you think of the homeless population).

I love to decorate cakes, cook, bake, sew, quilt, crochet, cross-stitch, knit, weave, garden, and my newest thing is sculpting. My hobbies drive my husband nuts, so now I try to not mention them and to shield him from them. That's code for "I have to sneak the stuff in the house".

Three things was just a suggestion, right? icon_lol.gif

JustJaimeLyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustJaimeLyn Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 6:45am
post #117 of 408

Ok, my turn.....

1. I love to bake and I enjoy it so much the cleanup doesn't even bother me. Nothing makes me happier than to see my freshly baked cakes cooling on the table while I tackle the load of dishes in the sink.

2. My hubby races cars and bikes at dragstrips around the country, so usually we are always on the go. I keep a huge stash of cake books because I don't like to sit around doing nothing so I browse them while on the road. While we are riding from one place to the next I also take along my gumpaste and fondant and practice my sculpting. I always make a colorful batch of candy clay for my two little ones (daughter 5yrs, son 4yrs) so they don't get bored of watching daddy's car go zoooom!

3. I am very quirky about foods and stuff. I only drink DrPepper and water and I'll only drink DrPepper from the can. No other drinks at all. It's been that way since I was pregnant with my first child. Amazingly I don't eat hamburgers or much chocolate. When I was 16 and on a school-sponsored field trip to the outer banks here in NC, I was stung numerous times by a jellyfish so now I won't eat any fish other than catfish for me.

Wow, this was fun....

missmersh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmersh Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 8:02am
post #118 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by alimonkey

Still nothing from Miss Mersh? Guess I'll have to post for her:

1) she played french horn in high school band
2) she raises prize-winning roses
3) she's totally anal-retentive about whether the TP goes on the roll over or under (under)

Better come up with something for yourself, Leslie, or I'll keep going! icon_lol.gif

LMAO!! Well, you almost got it!! Actually, I played the flute, I hate gardening and I AM anal about the TP... The roll goes OVER!!! Ha ha icon_wink.gif

Oh, ok....here is my boring 3 things....(I hope none of them offends anyone...)

1. I have been with my husband since I was 18. We got married when I was 26...I have been with him longer than either of my parents have been with anyone. icon_sad.gif We don't have children..haven't really thought about it til this year. And now I want one...but I don't think he does. icon_sad.gif But we do have two PRECIOUS cats! I LOVE EM TO DEATH!!!!

2. I don't have a very good 'gaydar'. My first boyfriend in HS, I found out was bisexual after I left for college...I had NO clue. Also, I have a HUGE crush on my aerobics instructor...what a dreamboat...he looks like Nick Lachey. Mmmm....too bad he swings for the wrong team, but that may be a good thing, since I am married, huh? LOL I tell my hubby that if we ever got divorced, I would find a fine gay guy and move in with him.

3. If I could live a second life, (please don't think I am weird), I would like to be a stripper(SHHH....). LMAO!!! I just think that would be interesting. I wouldn't get into all the bad stuff that usually comes with that profession....I would just like to see what it would be like. LOL I have been tempted to buy those stripper exercise videos by Carmen Electra...but haven't had the money.

Well, there ya go! icon_wink.gif
Leslie

Tamanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tamanna Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 8:08am
post #119 of 408
Quote:
Quote:

Heres about me.

I am married to my dads cousin. He first had a crush on me when I was 9 and he was 15. We went our ways and met after 17 yrs only to live happily ever after. He repents not proposing earlier as he feared I would say no. We are now married for 8 yrs and have a son 7 yrs and daughter 2 yrs.

I hate cooking and love baking. DH is an IT professional, according to him cooking and baking (leave alone cake decorating) is not in proportion to eating, you cook or bake and decorate for hrs and eat the whole thing in minutes, while he spends few hrs to create a program which runs for ages/centuries.

I am proud to be mom to my kids. They are my inspiration, wow thats a great idea for a cake, how about making Castle of Morsia for my birthday, with a dragon hey dad, you dont know whats fondant? thats not all, my little 2 yrs old say pretty flowers lovely cake yummy baby cake (muffins).

This is great ....
Tamanna

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 10 Oct 2005 , 8:46am
post #120 of 408

Wow... Four of us last night to 8 pages, 2206 views and 119 replies this might be a record, and what an interesting bunch of people with so many things in common !!!

Alimonkey: got to go with Missmersh TP goes over, slightly anal about anal things.

Pinkbunny & Edencakes: So sorry but I saw and desired BonJovi first.. finders keepers.

ShelbysYummys: I feel your pain 11.5 lb baby ... Owww

Ironbaker: I also used to work at animal rescue, ran the cat rescue & adoption program.

Dandelion: my sister closest to my age always annoyed and irritated me too when we were younger !!!

KiddieKakes: My kids and grandkids also think I'm goofy, in fact my grand kids don't call me grandma they call me Kuki which suits me !!!

Lilscakes: I was in NWT from 82 to 86 at Pine Point before they closed and bulldozed it, Hay River, and Yellowknife. Did workshops at Fort Smith, Rae, Tuktoyaktuk, Norman Wells and Fort Simpson. I also like camping and fishing.

Love old rock and roll..

I am a Crafting Guru like so many others, have a room just for crafting.

Was also one of those OOOPS babies !!

Like many others I too am from a large family 4 sisters and 3 brother, my dad had 10 brothers and sisters and my mom had 7. My great paternal grandfather was a member of the Mormon church before they disavowed polygamy and had three wives at the same time, so I have relatives coming out the wazooo !!!

And most importantly 'MelissaBlack': I too am a Chocoholic, and don't trust anyone who doesn't like chocolate. Next to sex, it is #1 , sometimes the cravings for it are stronger than the cravings for sex !!!

Bravest and craziest thing I have done is Bungee Jumping that was my freedom frolic after splitting with husband !!!

Well I think I have caught myself up since my last post and will quit babbling.. so once again
TAG YOUR IT !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%