If You Do This.........youuuuuuuu Might Be A Cake Addict!!

Lounge By KHalstead Updated 16 Mar 2011 , 12:58am by Naynay538

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 7:54pm
post #61 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengyrl26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

My DH has become a cake snob - who would have thought - he critiques other peoples cakes and MINE! He can answer almost any question about baking cakes, leveling, stacking, fondant, gumpaste flowers, etc. He knows who IndyDebi, Jennifer MI, SugarShack, CakePro, and Bobwonderbuns are. I can send him to the grocery store with a list of cake supplies and he now comes back with the correct items!!

I can just see him and my dh meeting up at Michael's sharing a coupons.
My dh is a cake snob also. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

You know you're a CC addict when you nearly burn a cake b/c you were busy reading about being addicted to making cakes...

...but we could totally start a new thread on how you know DH is a cake addict/snob, too!
When your husband comes home from work (COMPLETELY non-cake-related job!) and starts saying things like, "Did you see that thread about blah-blah-blah? I can't believe it!" You KNOW your addiction has become contagious! LOL!

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:01pm
post #62 of 125

Yes! When I get home from work, DH question #1 is "How was your day?" Question #2 is "Anything going on in the world of cake today?" (aka...anything good on cake central?). He's so funny!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:13pm
post #63 of 125

If, the first time you ever saw a Cricut infomercial, you said, "God, I wish you could do that on a cake"... then you too may be a cake addict.

And yes, I SO did that, probably right along with about 95% of everybody on here.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:14pm
post #64 of 125

When you offer to make a cake for every party you're invited to and practically force them to say yes...you might be a cake addict icon_redface.gif

FYI this was me this week. I offered twice and then realized I think they were politely trying to tell me noicon_smile.gif But I want to make cake!!!!!! Don't they know I need to make cake!!!!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:23pm
post #65 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_confections

If you prefer a new cake toy over jewelry, shoes, and purses, you might be a cake addict!

DH offered this for Valentines- I chose a Cricut!!!!

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:34pm
post #66 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed82

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_confections

If you prefer a new cake toy over jewelry, shoes, and purses, you might be a cake addict!

DH offered this for Valentines- I chose a Cricut!!!!

I would have too.... thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:36pm
post #67 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Hey KH, were you the one that that made your child a peanut butter and cake filling on a hot dog bun sandwich?

Yes I am............uhhh hem........

IF YOU STAY UP LATE DECORATING CAKES AND DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SEND YOUR KIDS TO SCHOOL WITH FOR LUNCH AND MAKE THEM A .........PEANUT BUTTER AND RASPBERRY CAKE FILLING SANDWICH ON A HOT DOG BUN............you MIGHT be a cake addict .

By the way, this is his favorite sandwich now!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:38pm
post #68 of 125

Yes, I thought it was you. Gotta love that gormet sandwich.

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:39pm
post #69 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

If you called into work saying you were running late...because you got on cake central and totally lost all track of time you might be ME...or a cake addict !!

Have you noticed that 'cake time' and real time are totally different? For example if you spend just a quick minute on CC looking at cakes or reading posts, somehow it's like 15 real minutes!! AHHH!!

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:41pm
post #70 of 125

When you look at the bottom of your son's shoe, or the wallpaper at the dr's office and think, hmm....that might be a cool design on a cake.

Or when the kids ask if you want to play playdough with them and you practice making duff roses and ribbon roses or mini playdough cakes!

Shermie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shermie1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:50pm
post #71 of 125

Cake time and Real time are like a football game. Just because there are 15 minutes in a quarter does NOT mean it only takes 1 hour to play. So a few minutes on CC turning into 3 hours is totally justifiable......
Hello, my name is Sheryl & I AM a cake addict.............

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 8:50pm
post #72 of 125

Tiffany, I was working as a monitor with 5th and 6th graders last year and we had playdough in the room (basically when they get done with their work for the day they can go play if they want) and for whatever reason the game room had some play dough.......and I was in there watching the kids with free time and they were like, here play with us.........and I made play dough roses.......they were very impressed......then they rolled their eyes as the bell rang and I said "OH no.......I didn't get to finish my vase!" lol I had made seven or so roses and I wanted to put them in a bunch like a bouquet on the top of a play dough vase!

Shermie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shermie1 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:15pm
post #73 of 125

I'm off work now.... I'm gonna go home and play with some fondant......

TitiaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TitiaM Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 9:38pm
post #74 of 125

"You know you're a CC addict when you nearly burn a cake b/c you were busy reading about being addicted to making cakes..."[/quote]

LOL, I burnt the bacon this morning because I was reading this....

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 10:01pm
post #75 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellsnbows

If there's a spill in the kitchen and your family says there is nothing to clean it up with even though there is a whole roll of viva.....you might be a cake addict. (#1 rule in the kitchen....don't touch my viva!)

Amen.

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 10:09pm
post #76 of 125

When you are short on money for the many, many birthdays in the family each month, but somehow find the time and ingredients to make them a cake for said birthday. Whether they want one or not. Even if they specifically asked for something else, they get cake. Then you may be a cake addict.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 10:24pm
post #77 of 125

If you live an entire day by getting things done between oven timers going off...you may be a cake addict.

If you can't even go on a weekend vacation because your cake schedule is full for the next several months...you may be a cake addict.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:19pm
post #78 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany29

When you look at the bottom of your son's shoe, or the wallpaper at the dr's office and think, hmm....that might be a cool design on a cake.

Or when the kids ask if you want to play playdough with them and you practice making duff roses and ribbon roses or mini playdough cakes!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif too funny, but hummm good idea for playing with my grandson icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 3 Mar 2010 , 11:21pm
post #79 of 125

If you want to quit your regular 8 to 5 job EVERYDAY because it's getting in the way of you designing cake, baking cake, checking CC & shopping for cake toys you may be a cake addict. I may soon have all the time in the world to check CC though since I may get fired for being on the internet at work. HEHEHE! I can't stay off CC. Pray for me. icon_biggrin.gif

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:32am
post #80 of 125

My 8 yr old daughter and 4 yr old son were stacking dumbells weights to make a wedding cake. My son turns to his sister and says "Is the fondant ready" She pretends to hand it to him, he fiddles for a couple of minutes and then looks at my husband and says "Dad!! The fondant cracked!! UGH!!!"

I think its safe to say I and everyone in my home is an cake addict icon_biggrin.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:35am
post #81 of 125

You know you are a cake addict if seeing your cake on the front page of Cake Central gives you a bigger thrill than....well....just about anything!! icon_biggrin.gif

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:42am
post #82 of 125

If when you see your birthday presents(wrapped), you decide based on the size and shape of the box that you're getting an agbay and when you open it you have to hide your total disappointment that it's lovel decorations for your houseicon_sad.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 12:43am
post #83 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycakes

When you are supposed to be writing a paper for a university class and it takes 5 times as long as it should because you're constantly checking out CC.....you might be a cake addict!!

Thats me right now! lol Supposed to be writing an informative research paper on becoming a pastry chef.

*stands up* Hi my name is Annie and I'm a cake addict.

So, so glad that I didn't find this place while I was in grad school!

Jo-melia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo-melia Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 1:02am
post #84 of 125
Quote:
Quote:

If you spend more time on CC discovering new ideas and saving them, than you ever spend actually decorating, then....you might be a CC addict!

This is me since discovering CC! icon_redface.gif

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 1:19am
post #85 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwigal81

When you are short on money for the many, many birthdays in the family each month, but somehow find the time and ingredients to make them a cake for said birthday. Whether they want one or not. Even if they specifically asked for something else, they get cake. Then you may be a cake addict.

Exactly!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 2:34am
post #86 of 125

KHalstead~ That is hilarious!
Everytime we play with playdough, My kids want to make everything I make. They have me show them step by step.

My dd is convinced that if I get a "cake job", they will help me with the cakes!

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 3:31am
post #87 of 125

When your 4 year old grand daughter comes to visit and the first thing she does is climb onto your lap and say "Let's look at cakes!"...

When you get the rush of spring gardening catalogs (thinking of you here, aggiechef) and save them all for gum paste inspiration, knowing full well that you are not leaving yourself any time to even wriggle your toes in the dirt this spring...

When you are finding yourself sleep deprived because you stayed up too late at night and started too early in the morning because you are on CC...

When you are willing to wait, (well maybe not really willing!) a couple of minutes for each post or picture to come in because you only have a slow dial-up...

Yes, I confess. I am a cake addict. And I am not repentant.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 6:57am
post #88 of 125

You know you're a cake addict when your 3 yr. old nephew gets a serious attitude (he's a taurus ) with you because he wants to get on the computer to play games on Nick Jr. or Sprout online; and you get a serious attitude with him for having an attitude and rushing you off of cc.

You tell him he has to wait til you're finished, and he says "You're never finished auntie"
You give him the LOOK! (how dare he this is cc), then you continue, never giving up the computer that day (it's not enough time in the day for all that). He comes back the next day, sees you on the computer again and says " Auntie you didn't let me play nick jr, yesterday and you say 'I know baby auntie's sorry; and he says "I'm going to play on the computer today I sure am" and you're thinking "this kid is delusional".

You're reading through posts, laughing out loud at some responses (Indydebi cracks you up) and nephew says in a sarcastic tone"cakes are not funny auntie' and you say in a snobbish tone "cakes are funny".

You leave the room for a few minutes, come back and nephew took control over the computer. He looks at you and says " I need to play now auntie bepuz cakes are going to make viruses on the computer. Your response is "NO IT DOESN'T"!! He looks at you and says "YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL AUNTIE!!

You sit their pissed off; you can't stand this kid! Has he been trying to tell you in so many words that You need cake rehab? I guess I should get out the yellow pages and look up counselors and therapists.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 7:32am
post #89 of 125

When I ask my husband to bring me a large can of Crisco and he shows up with 4 of them, along with two 5lb bags each of flour and sugar, four 2lb bags of PS, 4 dozen eggs, and a gallon of milk. He says "I know you're going to need it". He (and the neighbors) knows he's married to a cake addict icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif !

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 4 Mar 2010 , 8:18am
post #90 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwigal81

lol, me to a t. icon_biggrin.gif

also...

you know your cc adict when you manage to BURN FISHFINGERS because you were lost in the galleries of cc.... icon_redface.gif guilty...

you know you a cake addict when your clothes end up in cardboard boxes because you need somewhere safe to store your caking tools... guilty again

you know you a cake addict when the ladies at the local kitchen shop know you by name...and the store is an hour from your house.... icon_redface.gif

you know your a cake addict when you open your pantry and all you see is flour, icing sugar, marshmellows, and eggs.. and in the firdge is nothing but a huge bowl of b/c some buter and shortening...=/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%