Snickers Cupcakes

Baking By Melvira Updated 12 Mar 2009 , 1:14pm by bobwonderbuns

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:28am
post #331 of 395

Ummmm... NO. As far as your mother knows you CANNOT melt this down and cover an apple, and it certainly does NOT work with Macintosh's. Um... but for your reference, that's a big yes on both of those. Sorry. icon_smile.gif And this caramel is wicked, wicked good on caramel apples. I'm telling you... there is no comparison. You will never eat anyone else's again!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:05am
post #332 of 395

LOL...you had me going for a minute. I'll try to make 2 apples soon then...probably not until the weekend, so I'll wait until after they're made to tell her that it was possible to melt the caramel after all.

Just in case I don't get around to it, she won't be disappointed.

Melvira Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:25am
post #333 of 395

You know, that's the way to do it because if you don't get to it, there is no disappointment, but if you DO make it, it's a wonderful surprise!!

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:12am
post #334 of 395

I have gotten all the stuff to make this caramel. It seems like early in the thread there was a discussion about freezing part of it, but it was someone using a slightly different recipe. I am going to bit the bullet and try it. Woo! I have never made candy in my life. In fact, I bought lots of stuff so that I can do some baking, which is also something I don't do. My cakes are frm a box! Man, I plan on freezing part of this. Did someone also say they refridgerated part of it?

Anyway, I love ya Mel... if you have any more great ideas feel free to share. There is a gourmet thread going on over in cake ideas and I was hoping you would post some of your combos. You have the best ideas! But I have learned plenty from you on the Bettercreme thread as well as here.

Thanks!

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:18am
post #335 of 395

Redlotusninjagrl
I always freeze some of mine, if I didn't I would eat the whole recipe by myself! Sooo, after I wrap in little wax papers I portion them out into freezer bags! Let me tell ya they are even good frozen! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif You all made me so hungry talking about them this week I had to make a batch! thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:24am
post #336 of 395

These caramels are one of the most delicious recipes I have ever made !
And its the same every time to ,not just Oh it turned out great this time. They are delicious everytime Im begged to make them !LOL!

Melvira Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:55am
post #337 of 395

I am so thrilled that everyone has had good results with this recipe. I have also never had a bad batch. It is always superb. And yes, if you are too weak to fight them, throw them in the freezer. (Unfortunately I can still hear them calling me from there... I am SO weak when these are in the house!)

And seriously, for all of you who love caramel apples, dip your apples in this and you will FLIP! I use this recipe exclusively for my caramel apples and people go bonkers for them! You can make them simple or classy... if you really want a thrill, dip them in this caramel, then quickly dunk the bottom in chopped pecans, and then drizzle with melted chocolate. OH baby!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:03am
post #338 of 395

How the heck did I miss this thread??? icon_eek.gif Just the title sounds awesome!! icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:35am
post #339 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

How the heck did I miss this thread??? icon_eek.gif Just the title sounds awesome!! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm telling you, there are lots of good things going on up in here!!! I don't know how you missed it, but we're glad you're here now!!

Linliv46 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:35am
post #340 of 395
Quote:

If you have not tried this caramel recipe you have really missed out! My fav new recipe for last Christmas! I love just chopped pecans mixed into the caramel, then pour onto a cookie sheet and cool, cut & wrap individually!

fiddlesticks Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 4:14am
post #341 of 395

Hey BOB ! How do you always get left out ?? Your so funny ! Your alwys missing the good stuff, You have got to make these caramels ! You will be in love !

Cookie45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie45 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 3:43pm
post #342 of 395

I made caramels recently for gifts and used my silicone mini muffin pan slightly greased as a mold. I wanted a substantial amount of candy in a different shape than a square. I sprinkled them with toasted pecans and when they were set, they popped right out. Then i drizzled milk chocolate over them and later packaged them is tiny cello bags I got from Country Kitchen...I live in Ft. Wayne.

They were a total hit. Just thought someone might be interested in the mini muffin pan idea.

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:18pm
post #343 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Hey BOB ! How do you always get left out ?? Your so funny ! Your alwys missing the good stuff, You have got to make these caramels ! You will be in love !

I'm tellin ya!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

Melvira Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:27pm
post #344 of 395

It's a little game we play... it's called 'How long can we have fun until Bob shows up and ruins it?' Hehehehe. We did pretty well this time... it's been weeks and weeks! icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #345 of 395

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
You are laughing right BOB ?? icon_razz.gif
The other funny part is I see her post pretty much the same comment on several different threads to !
Shes lost everywhere ! BOB when I wasent getting any notices a few weeks ago I sent a comment to the help section and they fixed it/me right away... icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:32pm
post #346 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

It's a little game we play... it's called 'How long can we have fun until Bob shows up and ruins it?' Hehehehe. We did pretty well this time... it's been weeks and weeks! icon_biggrin.gif

I'm on to you now! icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:35pm
post #347 of 395

I figure you're lost because you're too busy driving like a maniac trying to outrun your cholesterol issues. Hehehe.

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:35pm
post #348 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
You are laughing right BOB ?? icon_razz.gif
The other funny part is I see her post pretty much the same comment on several different threads to !
Shes lost everywhere ! BOB when I wasent getting any notices a few weeks ago I sent a comment to the help section and they fixed it/me right away... icon_smile.gif

Yep, it takes a bigger cake than that to keep me down! icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:37pm
post #349 of 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I figure you're lost because you're too busy driving like a maniac trying to outrun your cholesterol issues. Hehehe.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You got that right! icon_biggrin.gif

FlourPots Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:05am
post #350 of 395

Hey Melvira...I made the (2) caramel apples this afternoon (I used McIntosh's).

They were unbelievable...you were right. I've never had a better one in my life, no exaggeration. I was literally saying, "this is so good" as I was stuffing each wedge into my mouth. Mom agreed 100%.

I added white chocolate chips on top randomly. Next time I'll make them prettier, maybe just dip half in the morsels neatly, and drizzle some milk chocolate too...this time was mainly to test and taste. I'll also have the proper wooden sticks...I had to use a small knife for each.

By the way, I made a new (half) batch of caramel for these, since the first one didn't last icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif .
I have some left and I'm thinkin' another apple is definitely on my horizon icon_lol.gif .

Melvira Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:20pm
post #351 of 395

I never lie about this stuff... it's too important. Hehehe. You are now officially ruined for any 'second rate' caramel apples you may come across. Sorry. I hate to make it harder on you, but I had to tell you. Knowing is half the battle, right? Not that no others will do, just none of those cheap ones with the pathetic caramel on them. You will only want the really good stuff now. icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

FlourPots Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:55pm
post #352 of 395

Absolutely...I'm ruined and I thank you sincerely icon_biggrin.gif ...there really is no good reason to ever buy again. The taste of that apple was far superior to anything store bought.

Melvira Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 11:18pm
post #353 of 395

Fortunately it's *just* time consuming enough that you won't want to make it constantly! icon_lol.gif

FlourPots Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 11:23pm
post #354 of 395

Let's hope!!

bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:08am
post #355 of 395

How many people have tried this recipe?

Linliv46 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:24am
post #356 of 395

Oh my gosh, Bob I wont admit how many times I have made it! I finally had to order me some of those wax papers to wrap them in! The bad thing is I could eat them every day! Very addictive!

fiddlesticks Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:05am
post #357 of 395

Oh I cant even count how many times I have made this! As soon as you eat the first caramel you will be thinking about making it again!
I made it 3 times in just about a week, and yes it makes a lot and yes my hubby probably gained a few pounds when I first made it cause he ate most of each pan!
Just a warning BOB its like the "dog food " Dont make it if you dont want to eat it...Its very addictive In such a good way LOL!!

Melvira Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:39pm
post #358 of 395
Quote:

How many people have tried this recipe?

Do you just not trust me? *snif* icon_cry.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 3:44pm
post #359 of 395

It is sooooooooooooooooo goood! I make it all of the time! My kids love it almost more than I do icon_lol.gif

FlourPots Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 4:18pm
post #360 of 395

Has anyone ever tried mixing it with buttercream to fill a cake? I guess it would have to be made kind of soft, as I did the first time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%