Fire At My Store Today.....

Business By indydebi Updated 22 Aug 2008 , 2:18am by indydebi

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:05am
post #31 of 91

I'm so glad your shop is ok (except for the obvious electrical damage.) How odd yet wonderful that you didn't have a wedding this weekend to worry about. You are blessed, that's for sure.

Now...back to these firemen you were talking about...
How cute were they again?

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:06am
post #32 of 91

I'm glad everyone is ok. So sorry to hear about the fire. I hope everything works out for you.

take care icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:08am
post #33 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

Now...back to these firemen you were talking about...
How cute were they again?

Oh darlin' when you get to my age, they ALL look cute & young anymore! icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:14am
post #34 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

- just know your whole CC family is thinking about you and your balls! haha

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Just so I'm clear on this ..... we ARE talking cookie dough balls, right?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Hubby tells me, "I can't believe you ... you have a fire at your shop and you're walking around playing Southern Gramma to a bunch of fireman, giving them cookies, and somewhere along the line, you manage to slip your biz card to one of 'em and let 'em know you give firemen a 20% discount."

I said, "Hmmm..... young, good looking, well built, studly firemen and Debi's is schmoozin' 'em with cookies. I'm sorry ... what was the question again? I seemed to have lost my train of thought, there!" icon_rolleyes.gif

You go, Girl!! lol icon_lol.gif

I'm glad everything turned out alright! Thank goodness nobody was hurt.

Oh, and thank you for the nice comment on my string work cake! Coming from you that's a great compliment!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #35 of 91

Debi, first of all--I'm so sorry about the fire. I had something similar happen years ago and it's true what they say about when the going gets tough, the tough get going!!

You're a woman after my own heart, I'd have been right in the thick of it with cookies *flirting* with the firemen!! You go girl!! So glad if something like this HAD to happen it happened when your calendar was agreeable.

Very thankful it was caught quickly and NO one was hurt!!

indydebi Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:25am
post #36 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

Very thankful it was caught quickly and NO one was hurt!!

Thank goodness for retired firemen! Manager of the restaurant next door said his lights flickered and they all thought it was just a fluke .. you know how that happens sometimes. Well, one of their regular customers who was retired from the fire dept, is thinking "SOMETHING caused that power to flicker!", so he starts checking it out and he and the manager found the fire out the back door. Manager said if it wasn't for his customer, he never would have found the fire and it would have been much worse. Customer called fire dept dispatch and told them exactly what equipment they needed to dispatch asap.

One of the waitresses told me, "You know who he is! That older guy who loves your cookies!" So I told her "You tell him he's got a box of 'em coming from me!"

aa053103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aa053103 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:41am
post #37 of 91

HAHA! I'm still laughing over the meatball joke. Sorry so corny.

Ana

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:42am
post #38 of 91

When I read the topic title I thought it was something really bad! But it is very fortunate that no one got hurt. Well, except maybe the meatballs!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:51am
post #39 of 91

Debi,

I am so glad that the fire was caught quickly and that everyone is safe. I saw the title and immediately thought the worst. Hopefully you will be back to work soon.

lillicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillicakes Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:58am
post #40 of 91

So sorry to hear of the fire, Debi, but so glad that it wasn't a worse situation overall. And it sounds as though you handled the whole thing with grace and a certain signature style icon_smile.gif

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:06am
post #41 of 91

so glad it's not worse!!!!
also glad you don't have a wedding cake this weekend, that would stink.
did you flash the young firemen your red bra strap as you passed out cookies? hahahaha
they'll remember that fire call, they show up and got yummy free cookies, they are probably telling the guys that were off that day all about the cookies they got.

glad they stopped the fire before it got nasty!

melody

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:09am
post #42 of 91

So sorry you had such a rough day!!!! Next time when you are smoozin the eye candy, could you take pics and share with the rest of us.....pretty please?!
I hope they get it figured out soon and get you back up and running!!!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:24am
post #43 of 91

I'm glad the damage was minimal but I feel bad for ya still...something as small as a countertop mixer can put a halt to production for a bit. I hope it all gets checked out and repaired 'fore too long.

Arriva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arriva Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:25am
post #44 of 91

Debi, so sorry to hear about your unpleasant day. Glad you are okay, and hope your power is restored soon.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:27am
post #45 of 91

Debi,

I am so glad you and your shop are good!

Hope you can make the most of your non-baking week-end.

Good Luck.

Paule

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:28am
post #46 of 91

Hey everyone, meatball feed at Debi's!

indydebi Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:43am
post #47 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by akgirl10

Hey everyone, meatball feed at Debi's!

And I DO happen to have a case of bourbon sauce we could pour over them! icon_rolleyes.gif

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:46am
post #48 of 91

Debi,
I am also glad that you are fine and the building issues can be repaired.

All of you girls have me laughing. You are so bad. icon_lol.gif

Now Debi, are you the one who was a beauty queen several years back?

-Debbie B.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:22am
post #49 of 91

SO glad everything's ok.....good thing the box was outside!!!

and how great is that, that no wedding cakes this weekend!?!

that's enough excitement for one day for me!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:30pm
post #50 of 91

Wow glad it was contained, and nobody was hurt.

Mike

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 2:55pm
post #51 of 91

I'm glad that everyone is okay - keep us updated! We'll all be thinking good thoughts for you!! thumbs_up.gif

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:42pm
post #52 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelwaters

- just know your whole CC family is thinking about you and your balls! haha

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Just so I'm clear on this ..... we ARE talking cookie dough balls, right?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Hubby tells me, "I can't believe you ... you have a fire at your shop and you're walking around playing Southern Gramma to a bunch of fireman, giving them cookies, and somewhere along the line, you manage to slip your biz card to one of 'em and let 'em know you give firemen a 20% discount."

I said, "Hmmm..... young, good looking, well built, studly firemen and Debi's is schmoozin' 'em with cookies. I'm sorry ... what was the question again? I seemed to have lost my train of thought, there!" icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_biggrin.gif Love it! I'm glad nobody was hurt!

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:17pm
post #53 of 91

Indydebi:

I am so glad to hear you are okay!

indydebi Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:30pm
post #54 of 91

The electrician was out this morning and believes he can have me up and running by Friday afternoon. Not bad considering the total burn out in those boxes. I may be up and running sooner but they didn't want to commit to an earlier date without being sure ... which is fine with me. My gas stove still works, so I COULD cook ..... but no dishwasher, so clean up would be a pain!

There was some kind of "arc" after I left last night (don't ask me what that means, but I guess it's a bad thing). The restaurant next door lost one of their freezers and their dishwasher doesn't work.

I moved some stuff to the extra 'frig & freezer in my garage. Ah well, it was time to clean out the store's refrigerator anyway! icon_wink.gif

Oh by the way ... if you're moving a cooler on wheels that has eggs in it, it's NOT a good idea to trip and drop the handle causing the cooler to land HARD on it's backside. So far my insurance claim is for 14 eggs! icon_redface.gif

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:46pm
post #55 of 91

14 eggs, not a bad loss at all. hehe

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 4:57pm
post #56 of 91

So glad you're shop survived..and you too!
By the way...didnt you have one of your basket weave cakes in mailbox news..the newest issue. I got it 2 days ago and it looks like yours...plus it's a debbie in Indianapolis...how many of those could there be that make cakes?

indydebi Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 5:10pm
post #57 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

So glad you're shop survived..and you too!
By the way...didnt you have one of your basket weave cakes in mailbox news..the newest issue. I got it 2 days ago and it looks like yours...plus it's a debbie in Indianapolis...how many of those could there be that make cakes?

Wow, no idea! Can anyone scan it and email it to me? Please???

Another side story: Hubby reminded me that on our wedding night, while staying at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown INdpls, there was a (false) fire alarm and every fire truck in the city of Indpls showed up at the hotel. Well, today is our 20th Anniversary ... and we're celebrating it with a fire at the shop! I think that makes us one hot couple! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 5:29pm
post #58 of 91

Happy Anniversary ya Hottie icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 6:48pm
post #60 of 91

Congratulations on getting published in a magazine. How exciting!

When I saw the post, I hurried through my copy to find the picture.
Now I can say that I know someone famous.

Do you want me to mail you the magazine so that you have it for a keep-sake? (And to show off to your customers. icon_lol.gif )

-Debbie B.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%