Sales Rep Ate Baby Shower Cake.

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 1:34am by nutcase68

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 5:40am
post #91 of 118

you need to make him pay for that cake! how so inconsiderably rude that was. thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 12:50pm
post #92 of 118

Carolyn, you are too funny! icon_lol.gif

I agree with Indydebi, the guy definitely needed to be fired. It also wasn't the OP's fault he got fired. It was his own for behaving inappropriately and his boss fired him, not the OP.

Bad economy or not, you should be fired for..

1) Not doing your job
2) Misrepresenting your company (and this beats out 1 for most companies)

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:22pm
post #93 of 118

I am SO glad that guy lost his job and his boss had enough sense to try to make things right with you. That is disgusting and just plain WRONG. If that had happened to me I swear I would have not been able to control my temper at ALL! Gross. He would have been wearing the rest of the cake and I would have had his boss on the phone while the guy was still there to humiliate him after the fact. Don't mess with my cake.

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:30pm
post #94 of 118

I'm going a little off topic -however I think what that guy did was disgusting, glad to hear his boss step up and take care of you... So, call me crazy, but what on earth is the Cheesecake Factory? I have heard it before on this sight... could someone please fill me in?

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:45pm
post #95 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by bundtdiva

Everying worked out. I baked the same baby block cake and gave it to my coworker to enjoy with her family. The sales rep was terminated from his job.

The Michael's gift certificate covered about $15 more than how much I spent.

Well, I hope to see some of you at cake camp in a few weeks. I can't hear but I will have an ASL interpreter with me.

I'm so sorry the hear what happened to your cake. I would be so devastated & icon_mad.gif . You put so much time & effort into it & this guy just comes along & ruins it.
I'm glad to hear that everything came to a good resolution for you. Sometimes people just never get punished for what they do. Luckily this guy got what he deserved. AAHHHH Sweet Revenge icon_twisted.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:47pm
post #96 of 118

Well that is just plain rude and a lack of obvious Manners!! I too would have to him to leave the cake alone and buzz off!!! Some people!!!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 1:50pm
post #97 of 118

So sorry this happen, Some people are just so rude. You expect that from kids under the age of 4.... but adults in an office setting what was this person thinking?

Do you have some pictures of your cake, pre munching?

The Cheesecake Factory is a restaurant:
http://www.cheesecakefactory.com/

Good Luck.

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 2:16pm
post #98 of 118

Wow.....that guy was a true pig. I'm glad he got fired.....he makes the company look soooo bad.

I once worked in a small office; we had the "honor system" snacks delivered once a week (take and pay). After one delivery, a fellow office tenant walked into my office, all frazzled. She said she saw the delivery guy......um, er......'pleasuring" himself in the van before he came to my office. (She was on the 2nd floor and could see down.) EWWWW!!! I called his boss and reported him. I also cancelled the account and requested an immediate pick-up of the tainted box of snacks. The boss called me re pick-up time for the box, and mentioned that the guy had been fired. The boss did the right thing, but I had no further trust in their ability to hire decent people. Just gross!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 3:43pm
post #99 of 118

Good to hear all came out well....What goes around.....comes around. Have fun at cake camp.

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 18 Jul 2008 , 10:54pm
post #100 of 118

Yes this does sound like a truly disgusting event but I don't suppose in the course of all making shocked exclamations anyone thought to wonder whether this man might have had Prader-Willi Syndrome and not been able to help himself?

hate the baying.

housemouse

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 12:46am
post #101 of 118

This is kind of unrelated but interesting. Ok kind of related, kind of not LOL

When I was a teenager I went on a date with a guy that gave me the creeps. I thought I liked him but I didn't realize that I found him creepy until I saw him outside of high school at the movie theatre we were meeting at. We went to the movie because I said to myself "at least we will be sitting in our own seats paying attention to the movie." but of course this creepy guy puts his arm around me and lays his open hand on my neck/chest area. I don't know why but it creeped me out even worse than ever and I pulled his hand off of me, ran outside and saw a red handprint on my chest/collarbone. That red handprint was there for hours, well after I got in my car and went home to take a shower icon_surprised.gificon_redface.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 2:53am
post #102 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Housemouse

... anyone thought to wonder whether this man might have had Prader-Willi Syndrome and not been able to help himself.

Not me because I have never heard of this before.

I'm off to learn something new by reading up on what it is.

lisa78332 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa78332 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:20am
post #103 of 118

Its a restaurant that serves excellent food and also has tons and I mean tons of different types of cheescakes. I ate at one this past spring for the first time and I loved it. Locate one and try it out.

traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:42am
post #104 of 118

I can't believe he could be such a pig! Obviously it was a special cake for someone as it wasn't cut into. Sometimes people really amaze me. Its like you are waiting for someone to jump out with a camera or something icon_rolleyes.gif

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 3:45am
post #105 of 118

This happened to me at church several months ago. I was making exactly 300 cheesecake desserts for a large group I was catering. The cheesecake had just been turned out on parchment paper to cut into equal 100 pieces. I had just finished when this "manager" from another facility came in to talk to me about buying a new commercial meat slicer he had... he reached over and picked up a piece of cheesecake (without washing hi hands or without gloves) and plopped it in his mouth.

Everyone in the kitchen held their breath because they know how much of a germ-a phobic I am... I looked at him and said in a very calm voice. "Do you know how much that cheesecake cost?" (I get $4.00 per piece)

He shook his head and grabbed another piece... I looked at him and said, "That just cost you $400.00 plus the loss of the sale".

He laughed nervously after I informed him I was dead serious.... and quickly exited... never saw the $400.00, but I never bought his slicer, either... plus, he has never walked into the kitchen again, and always goes the other way when he sees me.

He has lost so much business and donations to his non-profit and I never had to say another word. Everyone knows he is a filthy slob and I think he does, too!

Tamara981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tamara981 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 10:23pm
post #106 of 118

i agree that what this guy did was wrong and just nasty. from what i have read the situation was handled. but for all or most of us fat people out there. just because we are fat doesn't mean we all go around doing things like this. i know it probabyly wasn't meant to come out the way it did but it was a little rude the way it was typed.

nutcase68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nutcase68 Posted 19 Jul 2008 , 10:51pm
post #107 of 118

This world is too sensitive. I am 5'4 and 240#. Yes, a FAT woman. Her comments did not offend me. When my weight bothers me I do Weight Watchers.

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 7:04am
post #108 of 118

I think the word FAT was not aimed at overweight people here or anywhere else , but strictly to the subject of this thread. Being over sensitive can usually direct to the wrong direction that can and may cause more friction. If you are not the subject of this or any thread at all, don't take it personally. I think none of us here look like a Victoria Secret super model, so how we look does not matter. We are here to talk about one thing we have in common which is decorating and baking cakes. Let's stick to that. icon_smile.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:12am
post #109 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

I think none of us here look like a Victoria Secret super model...

Give me the internet, a picture of my self, and 10 minutes or less and I can have any body I want! icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 3:32am
post #110 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantgrl

I think none of us here look like a Victoria Secret super model,

SLightly off topic, but my husband is a stand-up comic on the side and many of our "discussions' actually end up on stage!

One day, I'm watching a Victoria Secret commercial and whatever the item was, I said, "Man, I'd like to have one of those!" And this man, who will be married 20 years next month, actually said to his wife ......

"Does Victoria Secret make stuff in your size?" icon_eek.gif

So I guess that kinda confirms it ... I don't look like a VS model!! icon_lol.gif

btw, this part of his act got the biggest laugh of the night!

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:37am
post #111 of 118

bundtdiva I am so glad it all worked out for you in the end.

indydebi that's so funny. I am by no stretch of the imagination thin and I must say that I didn't even blink when I read the post. I think this man is a slovenly pig who doesn't deserve to be around people if he's not going to act civilised. I'm still astounded by his actions and I just can't get over it!! I've never heard of anyone being so incapable of common decency or common sense for that matter.

SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 5:30am
post #112 of 118

I'm glad everything worked out. Even if the man did have Prader-Willi syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prader-Willi_syndrome), which is unlikely since the disorder is pretty rare and it would be difficult (though not impossible) for someone with Prader-Willi syndrome to get a job like that, he still needed to be held accountable for his actions. I'm glad the boss sent gift cards and apologized. Hopefully the connection with that business can be repaired.

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 9:16pm
post #113 of 118

First...ewww...the idea of anyone putting their fingers into my cake makes me wanna scream. I'm quick to be rude when someone pushes me like that, it takes a lot, but THAT'S ALOT!!! You handled it the way it should have been, and anyone working in sales should have basic common manners when dealing with their customers. Debi, I tell my hubby all the time "I want one of those" when we see the Victoria's Secret commercials. I'm however not referring to the clothing, I'm talkin' bout the body...

My friends and I also joke about the fat suits actors wear...we like to imagine we've got a "skinny suit" we keep in the closet and bring out only for the most special of occasions.

I'm a big mama myself, but everyone loves me just like this, and I've learned to just be comfortable with it. I can guarantee that every hug I get is at least a few seconds longer than everyone else's. Who doesn't love to hug someone squishy?

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 9:16pm
post #114 of 118

First...ewww...the idea of anyone putting their fingers into my cake makes me wanna scream. I'm quick to be rude when someone pushes me like that, it takes a lot, but THAT'S ALOT!!! You handled it the way it should have been, and anyone working in sales should have basic common manners when dealing with their customers. Debi, I tell my hubby all the time "I want one of those" when we see the Victoria's Secret commercials. I'm however not referring to the clothing, I'm talkin' bout the body...

My friends and I also joke about the fat suits actors wear...we like to imagine we've got a "skinny suit" we keep in the closet and bring out only for the most special of occasions.

I'm a big mama myself, but everyone loves me just like this, and I've learned to just be comfortable with it. I can guarantee that every hug I get is at least a few seconds longer than everyone else's. Who doesn't love to hug someone squishy?

nutcase68 Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:56am
post #115 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcase68

This world is too sensitive. I am 5'4 and 240#. Yes, a FAT woman. Her comments did not offend me. When my weight bothers me I do Weight Watchers.

I want to appologize for this. I was having a very bad few days and I kinda took it out on all of you. Sorry folks. I did not mean to be mean hearted. I guess the moral is don't reply if you are major ticked at other issues and then the thread kinda irks ya. Again, I appologize.
Mary

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:33am
post #116 of 118

Hey no prob! It was awfully nice of you to send out a message like that. We have a good spirit of comraderie here on CC, don't we? I think with most of us, we all have good days and bad days and it's nice we can share them with one another as friends with understanding and grace thumbs_up.gif

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:39am
post #117 of 118

loriana wrote

Quote:
Quote:

Hey no prob! It was awfully nice of you to send out a message like that. We have a good spirit of comraderie here on CC, don't we? I think with most of us, we all have good days and bad days and it's nice we can share them with one another as friends with understanding and grace

Very well said.

nutcase68 Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 1:34am
post #118 of 118

Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%