Sales Rep Ate Baby Shower Cake.

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 23 Jul 2008 , 1:34am by nutcase68

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 118

I am so pissed. I spent last Thursday 7/10, baking and decorating a baby shower cake for Bridgette my coworker. I brought in the cake on Friday 7/11 for our baby shower at lunchtime. Well, as I was getting the napkins and forks ready before lunch. I turn around and this outside visitor ( a vendor visiting purchasing dept.) just took his hand and grabbed of chunk of my cake shoved it his mouth. I screamed DO NOT TOUCH THE CAKE. This outside employee looked at me funny-he probably did not understand my voice. Because I am deaf one of my other coworkers came running in and chewed the guy out out for touching the cake. It is was so disgusting to see this FAT guy (He must have weight over 300 pounds) shoveling food in his mouth and burping on top of that. I did not even give him a napkin to clean up his face or mouth. My coworker told him the men's restroom is nearby.

His excuse was he was hungry and cake looked good.

Well, we ended up going to the CheeseFactotry after work. I hope people learn not to touch anyone's cake without permission. This vendor is not welcomed at our job site anymore!

117 replies
bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 118

How rude and disgusting icon_mad.gif

Edit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edit Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 118

Didn't these people learn don't touch what's not yours????

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 118

I agree..that is so so rude. I even hate it when guests at the parties do that. I mean...can't you just wait to get your piece?!

I'm sorry you had to go through this....

jl5949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jl5949 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 118

So Gross!

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 118

Sounds very uncivilized.. I wonder which cave did he came out of ? The Oinker's cave ? thumbsdown.gif

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 118

Seriously, that is the most disgusting story I've ever heard. What a selfish human being.

minorfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minorfan Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:00pm
post #8 of 118

Send him a FULL price bill for the cake and send one to his boss with the explanation of why you are sending a bill. Type it up and make it look very professional and make sure you had on there that it must be paid with in 7 business days.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:02pm
post #9 of 118

icon_surprised.gif OH MY GOODNESS!!! What is wrong with people!?

That guy was certainly a PIG to just grab a chunk of cake with his hand!!! How disgusting!!! icon_mad.gif

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:06pm
post #10 of 118

At that point I might have just smashed the entire cake into him -"Oops! I must have slipped!" But then again, giving him something to snack on for the rest of the day would have been like rewarding him for his skeeziness.

So sorry to hear about that loser destroying your cake.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:06pm
post #11 of 118

Oh I totally agree with minorfan!! That is a great solution and I don't blame you for banning him from your business any more. That was just plain rude and obnoxious! But seriously his boss and/or company needs to know that he did this!

He probably would have gotten his hand slapped by me if it had been my cake and party!

Suze

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:07pm
post #12 of 118

OMG what a slug. I would send him a bill.

Mike

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:11pm
post #13 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

At that point I might have just smashed the entire cake into him -"Oops! I must have slipped!" But then again, giving him something to snack on for the rest of the day would have been like rewarding him for his skeeziness.

So sorry to hear about that loser destroying your cake.

I laughed so hard I snorted! icon_lol.gif

I agree. Contact his boss and send him a bill.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:23pm
post #14 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by minorfan

Send him a FULL price bill for the cake and send one to his boss with the explanation of why you are sending a bill. Type it up and make it look very professional and make sure you had on there that it must be paid with in 7 business days.

Some people donât cease to amaze me!

I agree, send him a bill.

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:26pm
post #15 of 118

When I read your story I had that commercial pop in my head...."Where is your mother". The JC Penny Commercial...lol This guy must have missed getting a manners lecture from someone in his lifetime....what an idiot.
I agree, send him a bill!!!

mbasic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbasic Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:26pm
post #16 of 118

Why would anyone feel that it was appropriate to grab a piece of cake with their hands? I would not let my own children do this in the privacy of our own home! ARGHH!!!! I do like the idea of sending the company a bill -- you do not have anything to lose at this point!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:31pm
post #17 of 118

Oh. My. God. What a freak! And let me guess, did he take a swig of milk right out of the communal jug after he finished his cake?

He's probably too stupid to be embarrassed. Definitely send them a bill.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:32pm
post #18 of 118

I was at the grocery store yesterday and boy was I hungry. I did not, however, decide to sample every piece of fruit there, or take a bite out of that delicious-looking chèvre in the cheese counter.

Who tears a chunk off a cake that hasn't been cut and then justifies it by saying he was hungry?? If he had done that to me he'd have been wearing the damned cake.

Wanker.

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:32pm
post #19 of 118

OMG! I had to go back & read your post again. You did say he put his hand in the cake right???? icon_eek.gif What a freaking retard!!! Not only was he a real idiot for touching something that wasn't his but he was even so stupid as to put his nasty hands in a cake. At that point I may have blew my lid & really let him have it. How NASTY!!! AMAZING how silly people can be. I just hate when people act like they have never seen food before, which I why I stay away from food functions at work. I would hate to be written up or fired for going off on someone behind some food, but that is a real pet peev of mine. Sorry that happened to you & your cake.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:36pm
post #20 of 118

I would have been pissed too. What a rude person. No one should ever just grab a piece of cake with their hands. Even my kids know this.

Elserj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elserj Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:37pm
post #21 of 118

Definitely tell his boss. I'm sure he/she will be curious to know why they just lost your business.

Some ppl just never learned the common sense laws. I always boggles my mind when I see these ppl. I bet he goes into the common refridgerator at work and starts taking lunches when "he's hungry".

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:39pm
post #22 of 118

Ok, now really where is the punchline? Normal people, heck my 6 year old does not act like that, let alone a grown man in a professional setting! I am so sorry that happen to you and I so agree to send that man a FULL PRICE bill!

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:45pm
post #23 of 118

I agree fully!!! send his boss a very professional bill with a full explanation as to what happened! People like that who have the audacity to even do such a thing have no concept that they did anything wrong until they are hit with major ramifications, and even then it doesn't phase them! Send the boss a bill and hope that they'll do something, like someone else said, you have nothing else to lose!!!
ruby

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:46pm
post #24 of 118

That is a bit much, how could you just take something that does not belong to you, with your hands!
That's worse that the people here at work, at least they wait till you leave something overnight before they just take it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:50pm
post #25 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby2uesday

I agree fully!!! send his boss a very professional bill with a full explanation as to what happened! People like that who have the audacity to even do such a thing have no concept that they did anything wrong until they are hit with major ramifications, and even then it doesn't phase them! Send the boss a bill and hope that they'll do something, like someone else said, you have nothing else to lose!!!
ruby

Agree with these suggestions. His boss needs to know just how this buffoon is representing his company!

sugarplumfairycanada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarplumfairycanada Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:51pm
post #26 of 118

I agree with everyone else that said send him a bill for the full price and a copy to his supervisor advising them of his behaviour. Not only was he unprofessional he was rude, disgusting and lacking common sense. Sorry this happened to you because a happy event turned into leaving you with proof that some people are beyond hope!

fondantgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantgrl Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:57pm
post #27 of 118

Definitely tell his boss he has a pig working for him....totally unacceptable.. thumbsdown.gif

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:57pm
post #28 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by minorfan

I agree with minor fan, send his boss a bill with an explanation. thumbs_up.gif

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:58pm
post #29 of 118

I would contact the boss and send a bill too but he would have gotten much more than a hand slap if I was the one who spent all the time decorating the cake-lol! icon_smile.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:05pm
post #30 of 118

ok, as a salesperson myself I feel strongly that you heed to report his behavior to his manager.

Salespeople don't just sell. We represent a company and need to be professional at all times.

If you pull your business, that loss in revenue effects not just the salesman but also everyone else working at that company.

Who knows what other boorish behavior he is inflicting on other customers.

sorry your cake was ruined

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%