Lounge By Melvira Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 4:09pm by chassidyg

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:46am
post #421 of 510

Aw shucks... thank you!!! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 2:41pm
post #422 of 510

I agree with you Mel. How can you say no to such a beautiful face. I'm kinda glad I'm not his Meemaw because mine have me wrapped as it is. icon_lol.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:16pm
post #423 of 510

OH boy, Mel, are you gonna be in trouble! I certainly couldn't say no to him! I think that is my favorite picture so far also! He makes me smile just looking at the picture!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:42pm
post #424 of 510

OMG!!!! That picture is absolutely PRICELESS! Looks likes hes getting his own personalty now, and those dimples ! I bet you just want to stare at him all day long !
I hope your big man got rid of those nasty ear problems !
Sorry to hear your stones are still being a PITA!!

Melvira Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:43am
post #425 of 510

Yes, his ears are doing well, so we're glad of that.

We had Zach's 2 month check up and he weighs 12lbs 10 oz!!! LITTLE PIGGY!! I am SO not used to that as my first is 'undersized'. But he's nice and healthy, all looks good!

He is really blossoming in personality. He's starting to 'talk' to us. Those little coos just kill me!!

Melvira Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 8:23pm
post #426 of 510

Ok, I finished my wedding for this week and am pleased with how it turned out, despite the kids being a little bit high maintenance! (That new guy thinks he needs to be held 24-7!! I wonder where he got that?? Hehehe icon_redface.gif )

ANYWAY... I think it turned out well so I thought I'd post it here. There were also 5 sheet cakes to go with it, but who wants to see those lame things? No decor or anything... just plain with a reverse shell border.
LL

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 9:11pm
post #427 of 510

WOW!! MEL!!!! BEAUTIFUL CAKES !!! thumbs_up.gif Great basket weave! please when you get some free,er time p.m me how to do that beer can cake????????????? icon_redface.gif Yes I have an airbrush ! Most the time scared to use it icon_razz.gif I always think I will keep the preasure to high and blow holes in my smooth icing ! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif I cant wait to see what you make for dimples cake ! icon_smile.gif And a big old POOP on that bad, bad nasty lady !!! thumbsdown.gificon_mad.gif
Someone needs to set her straight tapedshut.gif

Meemawfish Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 10:52pm
post #428 of 510

Wow Mel that cake is beautiful and I would like to know how to do the beer can cake also. You can PM me too if you don't mind. [email protected]. icon_biggrin.gif

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 10:58pm
post #429 of 510

Mel, those are just beautiful! You are a true artist!
Linda

DaisyLisa17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyLisa17 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 11:03pm
post #430 of 510

Mel, that cake is awesome!! Gerber daisies are my fave!!! Great job.

AAaannytime you need a night out, you can leave those sweet boys with Aunt Lisa!! How stinkin adorable are they? The dimples on Zach and that smile on Alex... oh my goodness!! They already know how to charm the ladies... listen at all of us ladies swoonin!!

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 11:54pm
post #431 of 510

awesome cakes!!!

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 11:58pm
post #432 of 510

Heu Mel ! What are the flowers ?? Did you make them ? silk, real ?? by the way I would of loved to see the sheet cakes !!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 12:54am
post #433 of 510

Hey ladies, see you're chatting over the fence over here! icon_smile.gif Mel, how did your little one get to be two months already? Whew! I couldn't believe that picture. He is a doll! You are one talented cake decorator. Those cakes are beautiful! You might as well post how you did your beer can cake. We'd all like to know! I'd like to know about the flowers too. Did you make those?

Bettycrockermommy Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #434 of 510

OMG!!! Mel, your cakes are phenomenal!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #435 of 510

OMG!!! Mel, your cakes are phenomenal!

Melvira Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:14am
post #436 of 510

Man, whenever I need a pick-me-up I can always count on you guys!! I just sat down to shut off my machine after a day that seemed to take about 3 weeks to be done with! It wasn't a bad day, but I was running ragged from start to finish. My neck is a painin', my back is a hurtin', my head is a thumpin'... but reading your comments about the cakes and the babies really gave me that little extra boost! Today was a good day! And tomorrow when I can have fun with my family at my baby's baptism party, I'll be thinking of you guys and sending you a mental cupcake!!

The Gerbera daisies are real... I WISH I could make fondant ones like that... are you joking me?? But then again, when the real ones look that beautiful, why bother?? icon_rolleyes.gif Well, ok, you don't have to worry about fondant ones wilting, that's a bonus.

As for the beer can cake, I'm sorry, but I'm not sharing that with any of you. You're just going to have to figure it out yourself. Hehehehe OMG, of course I am teasing!! It was really easy once I got what I needed. I STUPIDLY thought that since I could find a Bud label online, that I could find a Busch label. NOT. Annoyed!!! I actually went to the ONE gas station in town and THANK GOD they sold cans of Busch Light!! I actually emptied out the can, cut off the top and bottom and slit it down the side by the back of the label, flattened it out, and scanned it!!! hahahaha!! I actually scanned a beer can! Anyway, then I just made the top out of fondant, super simple, then did four layers 6" around, stacked 'em, iced 'em, and wrapped 'em with edible images. Super slick! There is even a bar code on the back that would probably scan!!!!! So cool! It took two sheets of edible image to wrap around it.

Here is a close up for you, to show some of that detail. Ignore the dirty kitchen... I was working! Just wanted a pic of it before I drove it there in case it crashed! And... in the full size high quality image (and in person) the writing on the back is clear as day, you can read it. Since I shrunk the image here, it looks like gibberish, but it's actually all the ingredients and health warnings, etc.!

ALSO!!! ARGH!! While I was setting up, a woman showed up (a friend of the bride) and she said she had made some cupcakes for the kids at the bride's request. I was irked at first, I mean, what if someone saw those train wrecks and thought I made them!?!?! But, in the end, I was nice and offered to arrange them for her and use some of my flowers. So, here is what I ended up with. If you notice, the cupcakes are absolutely heinous... she had them in bags where the icing got all rubbed off, etc. Fortunately she was the sweetest woman, so I can't be too mean about it, also, they smelled really good, and taste is really the important part. I bet they tasted great. In the end I think I made them look as good as humanly possible!!
LL
LL

fiddlesticks Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:34am
post #437 of 510

OMG MEL !! You are way to good to us ! You posted all that info after the day you had ! Your the bestest CC buddy ever !
What a great idea using an EI to wrap around the cake ! But I would expect no less from your
very creative mind !
I must say that is one lucky bride to get your beautiful cakes and then having you there to Put those wonderful flowers on top of what looks like was supposed to be cupcakes ?
OH MY !!!!
I hope you have a great day tomorrow and lots of extra prayers to your family at your little dimples baptism.

Meemawfish Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:16am
post #438 of 510

Thanks so much for telling us how you did the beer cake and wow it is so great. I think that was mighty sweet of you to arrange the cuppies for the lady also. I hope cupcake has a wonderful baptism. icon_biggrin.gif

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:15pm
post #439 of 510

What a great looking baby, give him lots of love and hugs.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:49pm
post #440 of 510

You're a true professional Mel. I'm sure people figured out pretty quick that those cupcakes weren't yours. I don't know why people have separate bakers making cake and cupcakes. I've been involved in a couple of orders where they want me to make the cupcakes when they have already ordered the main cake somewhere else. One girl told me she had to order a cake from this baker because she didn't want to get booted off her list. They call her the Cake Natzi, like on Seinfield with the Soup Natzi. icon_confused.gif I guess her cakes are fabulous but she yells at you!
icon_cry.gif

Melvira Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:10am
post #441 of 510

Hey guys! Today was great! Babycakes was a doll, the food was great, and we had lots of family fun!! I will have to give you guys a snapshot later!! He was so adorable!

fiddlesticks Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:15am
post #442 of 510

Glad you had a great day ! Dont you love it when a plan comes together. Cant wait to see pictures of cake and dimples.
Another subject .. Where are you getting your Lucks air brush spray ? I keep getting that they only sell to a business and link you over to partyworks that doesent have it ?
I swear I have ordered from a Lucks in the past.

Melvira Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:11am
post #443 of 510

I got it at a shop in Missouri when I was visiting my sister! It's called United Bakers.

I ended up just doing the cupcakes and no cake. After doing the whole big wedding thing yesterday I just didn't have time for another cake. Boooo-hooo! Oh well. The cuppies were amazing, and the food was totally drool worthy, so I don't feel bad!

Melvira Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:43pm
post #444 of 510

Ok, you're probably getting sick of seeing my baby, but I can't help it. (You're like, "Yah... right... he's cute, we GET it!" Hahahaha!) But seriously, this was too cute not to share with you!
LL

Meemawfish Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:48pm
post #445 of 510

Oh how sweet is that. I love it. He looks like he's fixing to bust into laughter at any minute. Mel our cupcake is really growing. How is Alex feeling? icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:56pm
post #446 of 510

Isn't it funny? He was really excited and laughing... it just melts me from the inside out!!

Alex is doing great! His ear is all better now, and he is such a doting brother!! He is just amazing. I guess it's how we approached it from the minute we got pregnant I suppose, but he has a complete ownership of the baby. Sure, there will be plenty of fights in the future I am sure, but for now we are taking great pains for them to be best buds instead of rivals.

Sometimes I feel like the luckiest woman in the world, like when I look at these two... they are so precious!!

fiddlesticks Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:18pm
post #447 of 510

OMG!! :lol I opened the page to that gorgeous picture and couldnt help but start laughing . Just looking at him makes you want to laugh with him icon_razz.gif How happy is that icon_lol.gif
And NO we never get tired of looking at this beautiful happy baby! If anyone did ,its their Problem icon_smile.gif
Glad big brother is doing so well with the ears and dimples.
I jus cant believe how fast he has grown ! icon_surprised.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:45pm
post #448 of 510

Don't you DARE stop sharing your pictures with us! He is such a happy little boy! It makes me smile and laugh just looking at his happy little face!

Glad to hear that Alex's ears are better.

Melvira Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:07pm
post #449 of 510

Thanks!! They really are happy boys! Both of them! Zach has a brief fussy patch in the evening, but you can usually diffuse it very quickly by giving him what he needs. But he gets a gassy spell, and if you work that out, he is great. He is doing FABULOUS with the sleeping!! It's like a dream!! Last night he slept from 9:15 to 3:15, then 3:45 to 7:45. It was like I was in a movie!! Alex was not a good sleeper, that was his only downfall, so this was a miracle to me!!

But seriously, the one consistent comment I have heard about both of my boys over the years, aside from the 'cute' thing, is how happy they are. Alex's laugh is infectious!! He can pick up ladies from across a crowded store! They come flocking, looking for the source of that laugh! I am guessing Zach will be the same!!

fiddlesticks Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:15pm
post #450 of 510

What more can ya ask for !Happy healthy kids and a great Husband !Your very rich in those ways, be very thankful. I am also very rich in those ways and Im thankful everyday to be so blessed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%