Meet My New Baby!!

Lounge By Melvira Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 4:09pm by chassidyg

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:21am
post #481 of 510

Ok, I have to share something with you that I thought was hilarious! (In my twisted little mind!) But before I do, here is a disclaimer:

THE FOLLOWING IS A JOKE. THESE PICTURES WERE TAKEN UNDER COMPLETE ADULT SUPERVISION. THESE CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED/ENCOURAGED TO PLAY WITH DANGEROUS ITEMS. I AM NOT A BAD MOTHER. DO NOT CALL DHS. DO NOT FLAME ME IN THIS THREAD OR QUESTION MY PARENTING ABILITY. IF THE IMAGES 'DISTURB' YOU, FEEL FREE TO CLICK ON THE LITTLE 'X' IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF YOUR SCREEN. ANYONE ELSE WHO APPRECIATES A LITTLE HUMOR, PLEASE READ ON...

So, I knew when I was pregnant with Zach that all I wanted (aside from a healthy baby, obviously) was one that slept better than his brother. Alex was a joy all day long, but would not sleep at night. (We still sometimes have problems with him.) He was 18 months old before he started to sporadically sleep through the night. One of the good things though was that he NEVER, and I mean NEVER spit up. Not even once. He drooled like crazy, but NEVER spit up!! This is just unheard of for a cleft baby especially! So, I made the joke that my second child would probably be a great sleeper, but he'd projectile vomit 24/7. Guess what? You do NOT make those jokes to God. You will find very quickly that He has an amazing sense of humor!! So yes, Zach sleeps fairly well, but he spits up constantly!! I mean, you'll change his clothes because you think he's GOT to be done, then, as you are buttoning the crotch snaps on the new outfit, barf!!

So, I sent an email along with these pictures to my mom, MIL, my sisters, and my hubby. They all about died laughing! Of course, I was cackling like a mad woman while taking the baby's picture, so my three year old decided he had to get in on the action!!

The text that went with the pix was essentially: "Since Zach is such a spit-upper, I have decided it is in my best interest to invest in a completely new wardrobe that is more appropriate for his special needs. Fortunately, I got a great deal! You may be asking yourself "why?" and I'll tell you, it's not quite noon, and we've already been through 7 outfits. Five of which didn't make it more than five minutes, three of them never even made it off the changing table! After seeing his little brother, Alex decided he wanted to match!"

So, without further ado... please enjoy my boys in their new duds!!

http://www.sweetcakesonline.net/NewDuds.htm

icon_lol.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:38am
post #482 of 510

Oh Mel! I'm LMAO! I've been there and done that with the projectile vomiting (still doing it in fact with my last). I used to put like triple bibs on my 2nd baby with his projectile vomiting and it still didn't help. I never learned though, I always had extra clothing for him when we went out but always forgot about me. You should have seen the looks I used to get dressed in my "finest"!!!!!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:43am
post #483 of 510

I love the new outifits, Mel! Very practical! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 11:17am
post #484 of 510

If that is not the funniest thing I have seen in a long while. I'm still laughing and you know what they still look adorable in their Walmart clothes. icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 12:05pm
post #485 of 510

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Oh Mel ......Only you could have come up with that idea ! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif
That is HILAROUS !!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
I have to say though I was expecting to see you in some ole time slicker like the ones they wear under the falls!( bright yellow with the floppy hat ) icon_lol.gif
So maybe you should make your self one of those fancy outfits to ! ( maybe a garbage bag for mom )icon_lol.gif
You can put those boys in anything and they are still just the most adorable.Goes to show ya it doesent matter what you wear you can still be cute ! thumbs_up.gif
But you didnt say ???Is the new outfit working out ? icon_confused.gif

Melvira Posted 9 Sep 2008 , 3:05pm
post #486 of 510

I knew you guys would appreciate that!!! You should have heard me laughing the whole time. It was probably almost as funny as the actual act of doing it!! And Alex was gigggling too! You can see, even Zach thought it was funny!

And the best part about this new wardrobe... it's disposable, and it's free with purchase at most stores! icon_lol.gif

You know xstitcher, I am the same way, I have a diaper bag with no less than six outfits in it any time I leave the house, but I just don't even worry about myself. But you know what... he's never gotten me! *knock on wood* (He will now... I pushed my luck by saying it!) But I was the same way with Alex and he almost never needed it. (Occasional diaper leak, but rare.) I just believe it being prepared! Not to mention... if grandma says, "Why don't the boys spend the night here tonight?" Hahahaha!! Oh, it kills me when they do, but I know it's good for them and for me.

Meemawfish Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:01am
post #487 of 510

Well Mel if your mom is anything like me she already has a dresser full of their clothes at her house. My DH teases me all the time by saying that they have more clothes at our house than at their own. I say well you never know what they might need and I'm always prepared. icon_lol.gif

xstitcher Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:25am
post #488 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I knew you guys would appreciate that!!! You should have heard me laughing the whole time. It was probably almost as funny as the actual act of doing it!! And Alex was gigggling too! You can see, even Zach thought it was funny!

And the best part about this new wardrobe... it's disposable, and it's free with purchase at most stores! icon_lol.gif

You know xstitcher, I am the same way, I have a diaper bag with no less than six outfits in it any time I leave the house, but I just don't even worry about myself. But you know what... he's never gotten me! *knock on wood* (He will now... I pushed my luck by saying it!) But I was the same way with Alex and he almost never needed it. (Occasional diaper leak, but rare.) I just believe it being prepared! Not to mention... if grandma says, "Why don't the boys spend the night here tonight?" Hahahaha!! Oh, it kills me when they do, but I know it's good for them and for me.

I wish my mom lived close so I could have the same luxury!!! She's always lived 2000 miles away and sees them every year or so only!!!
And yes, it is good for them and you!! What I wouldn't do for a break! It's been 6 years and not a day away from mommy (unless I was in the hospital having another of course icon_lol.gif ).

Melvira Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:44am
post #489 of 510

xstitcher... I will take them for the night!! You need a break! But let me tell you, leaving them with grandma is good and all, but I bawl on the way home. It's so hard not to go in and get them!! Not that I don't trust her, or any of that, just that the house is SO empty without them. It breaks my heart. I am seriously attached to these kids, but not in an unhealthy way. I am actually able to leave them, I just miss them horribly. And I do enjoy having a few minutes to myself on the rare occasion that it happens. Of course... then hubby starts bugging me. If I get a break from the babies and their needs, then it's all about his! Hehehehe. Hey, when is it about ME?? That's what I wanna know!! icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

xstitcher Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 2:59am
post #490 of 510

Awww Mel, that's so sweet of you to offer! So when are you going to move closer so I can take you up on your offer icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif !

The only time I've been away from the kids has been when I'm at Michael's for a cake class, but I'm way too busy with my new found love to miss them toooo much! icon_lol.gif

Hubbies, what are you gonna do with them! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:03am
post #491 of 510

Ah, just stick 'em in a box with a suitcase and a bag of marshmallows, and express mail 'em to me!! icon_lol.gif

xstitcher Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 3:49am
post #492 of 510

LMAO!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

Melvira Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:18am
post #493 of 510

I am absolutely dying, simply cannot believe my baby is almost 5 months old already!! ALMOST!! NOT QUITE YET! Hahaha.

Anyway, we had their pictures taken and I thought I'd share my faves!
LL
LL
LL
LL

fiddlesticks Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:22am
post #494 of 510

ADORABLE !!! I will say it over an over Zach is your clone !!! And what a happy" cutie pie "big brother he has !

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:25am
post #495 of 510

Wow belated congrats just came across this post. Your boys are adorable. I only have girls and often wonder if I had a third would it be a little boy icon_smile.gif They are tiny for such a short time it's just not fair!

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:27am
post #496 of 510

They are beautiful! Enjoy cause they grow up sooo fast!

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:28am
post #497 of 510

How adorable Mel! Love their shirts! Can't believe it's been 5 months.

xstitcher Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:27am
post #498 of 510

They're gorgeous Mel!!!! Love the shirts!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 10:42am
post #499 of 510

Wow....it doesn't seem like 5 months. I was just thinking the other day that you hadn't posted a picture in quite a while. Thanks for sharing your cuties.

Meemawfish Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 11:21am
post #500 of 510

Wow Mel if that isn't the most gorgeous pictures. I love the one where Alex is kissing Zach. They are both growing up too fast and that's the way it always is. icon_biggrin.gif

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 12:55pm
post #501 of 510

Ooo - I just want to squeez those cheeks! How lucky are you Mel to have 2 gorgeous little boys! Love all the pix but #2 and the last one are my favs. The look so happy with eachother icon_smile.gif

Thanks for sharing!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:30pm
post #502 of 510

So cute!! You could just eat them up!!

You just got me all excited, I will be having my kids' pics taken on Sunday (3 girls 7, 6, & 4, and my 9 mo little boy!!)

Melvira Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:57am
post #503 of 510

Thanks you guys! I knew you'd enjoy them as much as I did!! I am just crazy in love with these two... already thinking a third wouldn't be a bad thing. Hehehe. It's Daddy that's pretty sure 2 is enough! Hehehe.

Yes, he is my clone... seriously, who does he look like???
LL

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:49am
post #504 of 510

Just adorable Mel! What handsome lil guys! I wanna hug & kiss em!!!

What were these "special duds"? when I clicked nothing was there icon_sad.gif

Melvira Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:02am
post #505 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassidyg

Just adorable Mel! What handsome lil guys! I wanna hug & kiss em!!!

What were these "special duds"? when I clicked nothing was there icon_sad.gif

OH NO... you missed that one?? *snork, giggle, snort* I forgot to repost that page when I republished my site... let me go fix that... you really CANNOT miss out on that one! Hehehehehehe icon_razz.gif Give me a minute!

Melvira Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:09am
post #506 of 510

Ok, Chass, the page is back! BTW, for posterity I will mention I have since solved the spitting up problem! Can't believe how easy it was!!!

fiddlesticks Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:30am
post #507 of 510

Yep you were a cutie Mel ! Almost as cute as baby dumpling!

chassidyg Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 12:37pm
post #508 of 510

Mel, that is to freakin cute! My hubby tells my middle child, that we bought her on sale at wal-mart all the time, lol.

Melvira Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:40pm
post #509 of 510

Hehehehe... well I can really tell Zach that... I have photographic evidence. Of course, I'll tell him he was in the clearance bin and I had to rifle through all kinds of bad movies and ugly shirts to find him! But there he was waiting for me toward the bottom, just smiling away! Hehehe. icon_lol.gif

chassidyg Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 4:09pm
post #510 of 510

I like Alex's t-bag also, very stylish & halloween all at once!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%