Meet My New Baby!!

Lounge By Melvira Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 4:09pm by chassidyg

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:53am
post #391 of 510

Fiddle, thank you for the comments on these and I tried to put them on the cuppie site, but couldn't. So, I really hate to post these since we're talking about Mel's little ones, but hey, aren't all kids a little of both!
Mel, the wee ones are beautiful! Love the one of Alex gazing down on the baby and Zach looking up at Alex!
LL
LL

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:58am
post #392 of 510

Things are going well! I had my 6 week check up today. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?!?!

Are you ready for the cuteness??
LL

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:01am
post #393 of 510

omg!! Those dimples !!! ADORABLE !!! How can you not just squeeze that little face all day long !!!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:34am
post #394 of 510

Mel, he is just beautiful. How do you get anything done except hug and kiss on your two boys?

Melvira Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:38am
post #395 of 510

Oh, I know! It's difficult to be sure! I've asked my husband if we could hire someone to do all the housework so I can just smooch my babies all day long! icon_wink.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 3:44am
post #396 of 510

. . . he has "beautiful baby contest" written all over him . . . I'm pretty sure I have never seen a baby with dimples this size . . . how cute is he . . . icon_biggrin.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:05am
post #397 of 510

Oh my goodness!! He is so cute!! I think that is my most favorite picture yet!! I love his dimples and big beautiful eyes!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 4:50am
post #398 of 510

My goodness, he just gets better looking every time you give us a new picture! He is so handsome, you are going to have a problem keeping the girls away (all age girls at that) from this one!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:21am
post #399 of 510

Ohhhhhh, I want one!!! And I'll take one just like him! And dimples, gotta have those dimples!

Hey, Mel, ya do go work!!!

Melvira Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 1:50pm
post #400 of 510

Thanks you guys!! I just can't look at him wihtout cheesing! But I'm still that way with my first too! Pretty boys... that's what they are! Hahaha!!

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 10:09pm
post #401 of 510

I agree Mel Very pretty. icon_biggrin.gif

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 23 Jul 2008 , 4:50pm
post #402 of 510

What a beautiful picture, Mel! 6 weeks already! Unbelievable but then again, I just got my schedule for the beginning of school! (groan!!)

Paula

fiddlesticks Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 10:46pm
post #403 of 510

Hey Mel ! Whats the latest ? Kiddo,s are doing good ? your feeling better now ? Not having pain anymore? I know your back to tons of wedding cakes ! House guest is GONE ??? You havent been around to much , I hope its just cause your busy baking ! icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 12:19am
post #404 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Hey Mel ! Whats the latest ? Kiddo,s are doing good ? your feeling better now ? Not having pain anymore? I know your back to tons of wedding cakes ! House guest is GONE ??? You havent been around to much , I hope its just cause your busy baking ! icon_smile.gif

Nope, it's because I have been busy MOVING HER @SS OUT!!! WOOOOOO! That's right folks... we are down to four humans and one big, fat, lazy cat!! *angelic choir begins to sing*

The bad news is that her 14 year old dog died here on Saturday. That really bit the big one. He was the nicest, sweetest little Sheltie ever. So goodnatured. He will be sorely missed, even though he was getting quite smelly in his old age.

The other bad news is that Alex has another ear infection. The tube fell out of his left ear (Approx. last August.) and this is the third ear infection since then. I don't know how many more he'll have to get before they decide to put it back in and upgrade the other tube too.

Anyway, lots of weddings right now... not enough time to play here. icon_cry.gif

But here's some eye candy to get your through!!
LL
LL
LL

fiddlesticks Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 1:42am
post #405 of 510

Yahooooooooooo!!! You go girl !!!! Move her on out !!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif And get your life back to as normal as possible !!! icon_razz.gif OMG !! You even had her dog ??? icon_confused.gif Well you probably enjoyed him better then sis ! icon_wink.gif I will take an animal before a pita family member anyday ! icon_lol.gif Oh and poor Alex and those darn ears! He sure looks cute though icon_biggrin.gif and love what his shirt says ! icon_lol.gif Wow is dimples growing fast ! Looks like his ready to start crawling anytime. What a doll. You have so much going on !But how are you feeling ?

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 5:48pm
post #406 of 510

The babies are adorable, Mel. A while back you were mentioning that the baby had acne. I had never heard of baby acne until you talked about it. Well, I now know what it looks like: my 6 wk. old little girl has it. What did you do (if anything) to make your little one more comfortable?

Meemawfish Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 5:55pm
post #407 of 510

Well Mel I guess your doing the happy dance now that your guest is gone but I'm so sorry to hear about your dog and he was so cute too. I tell ya when you keep them that long it's like losing a family member. I lost my bulldog 2 years ago and I had her beautiful self for 18 short years. I was heart broken. Boy on to happier things. Our little cupcake looks so sweet with his tie on and Alex boy is he a handsome man and I love the shirt also. Hope you are doing good also. icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 6:18pm
post #408 of 510

Thank you Meemawfish!! I'm sorry to hear of your loss too, but I know that was one well-loved dog... you have shown such a big heart in the time I've 'known' you!! Buddy really was a family member! I called him my nephew, and made him birthday cakes! icon_lol.gif

CNCGirl... the best thing to do for the little face rash is to put Aquaphor on it. It's a very heavy ointment, (find it near the pharmacy) a teeny little dab will do ya! Just rub it on so that the cheeks are nice and shiny! This will hydrate the skin (dry skin sometimes causes this rash) and it will also serve as a barrier to keep other irritants away from baby's tender skin. I tried smearing it all over the back door to keep my sister away, but it apparently doesn't work on that kind of irritant!!! icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

When Alex was a baby he got this rash, and I quit putting lotion on his face because I figured it was the lotion causing it! (Something as gentle as baby lotion... whew, that's some sensitive skin!) When I saw the doctor he said it was from dry skin and what I was doing to try and help was actually making it a bit worse. So, I slathered on that ointment, with that and a little time it cleared up! Zach has a touch of it right now, but it's not bad at all, just a few little bumps. And it should be gone very soon!

Meemawfish Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 7:34pm
post #409 of 510

Thank you Mel and You also have a very big and generous heart as I'm sure your guest should be telling you right now. icon_biggrin.gif

carterl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carterl Posted 1 Aug 2008 , 8:53pm
post #410 of 510

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!! As you may surmise, I've been away for awhile. May God bless you and your family. Life is so good! Laura

cncgirl00 Posted 3 Aug 2008 , 7:20pm
post #411 of 510

Thanks, Mel. I stopped putting lotion on, too. Guess I will try the Aquaphor. I have a small sample size of it already.

Melvira Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 12:26am
post #412 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncgirl00

Thanks, Mel. I stopped putting lotion on, too. Guess I will try the Aquaphor. I have a small sample size of it already.

It's so stupid... that is the first rational reaction, to quit putting possible irritants on it, but that's counterproductive. That's one of the things they should put in the manual. What? You didn't get a manual with yours?? Oh man! You were robbed!! Hahahaha!!!

cncgirl00 Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 1:08pm
post #413 of 510

I got a manual but, just like with toy manuals, it was in Chinese!!! LOL

Here's a cute pic of Kyra, just before the acne exploded all over her head and face.
LL

fiddlesticks Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 1:55pm
post #414 of 510

cncgirl00.. Shes beautiful !!! OMG !!
Mel.. more future dates for your little men later on !!!! They will be fighting over her for sure !

Melvira Posted 4 Aug 2008 , 4:33pm
post #415 of 510

Oh that is too cute! I love the peaceful look!! She just looks so comfy and content. Sweet as it gets, right there!!

Yep... the pool of dates is growing... just hope I can teach my boys to deserve such gorgeous girls!! icon_lol.gif And exactly HOW to treat them right!!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 8:33pm
post #416 of 510

cncgirl00, Kyra is so beautiful!

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 6 Aug 2008 , 11:56pm
post #417 of 510

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! He's gorgeous! I'm a pediatric nurse so I get to see cutie pies like yours all day long! icon_lol.gif

cncgirl00 Posted 8 Aug 2008 , 1:44pm
post #418 of 510

Thanks, everyone. I could just eat her up sometimes!! LOL. Her acne is finally starting to clear up. (Thanks, Mel. The Aquaphor really helped).

Melvira Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:25am
post #419 of 510

Are you kidding me with this?? How am I ever going to learn to say NO to this face? I mean... my oldest has me whipped badly enough, but throw this into the mix... I am going down guys. I am going to be absolutely powerless. Someone help me...

This is now my favorite picture of him ever! (So far... icon_rolleyes.gif )

(Super glad to hear the aquaphor worked CNCGirl!!)
LL

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:38am
post #420 of 510

OMG, he is sooo beautiful! You really do good work Mel! I have never seen such dimples!
Linda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%