Lounge By Melvira Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 4:09pm by chassidyg

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 10:47pm
post #241 of 510

Calling the doc ?

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 10:53pm
post #242 of 510

Well, yah, but I don't know if I should have one paged tonight or just 'gauze it up' until morning or what. I don't know how serious this is, so I don't know how to react. I just know that it's making me feel all creepy. It's like, I'm aware of it now, so I can't stop thinking about it. I just thought it was skin irritation from all the tape, etc. causing the stinging, you know? I didn't think there would be a hole. Jeepers. I'm falling apart over here. Anyone have experience with this? What would you do?

fiddlesticks Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 10:56pm
post #243 of 510

I would call the doc ! Dont you usually talk to someone first anyway . Maybe they can give you an idea if they should page or not ? How does your doc work ?

Melvira Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 11:01pm
post #244 of 510

Well, at this point I'd get the answering service and they'd page a doc to call me back. Maybe I should call the "Genesis on Call" service... it's a phone number at the hospital where you can call and talk to a nurse. She could probably tell me whether I should page them tonight or just wait. I think I'll try that.

Son of a jerk biscuit!! While I was typing I called the number and they have discontinued that service. Crap. Ok, now I have to figure out what I am going to do...

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 11:01pm
post #245 of 510

Mel, It may just be a reaction to the steri-strips, but I would definitely call the doc. I had a similar situation when I had a lumpectomy on my breast a few years back and they gave a jar of killer anitbiotic cream. Worked like a charm. But ICK..... the hole creeped me out!

Let us know what the doc says

Melvira Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 11:50pm
post #246 of 510

Ugh. Yah, I'd better call. Better safe than sorry. icon_sad.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 26 Jun 2008 , 11:53pm
post #247 of 510

I didn't mean to freak you out, Mel. Does it hurt? If not, you could probably wait until tomorrow and just talk to your OB.

Do you have those clinics inside drug stores there? We have them here inside CVS pharmacies and inside Walgreens.

Melvira Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 12:19am
post #248 of 510

Oh honey, you can't freak me out any worse than my own imagination can! icon_rolleyes.gif

I paged the midwife and she called back. I described it to her and she said if there are no other symptoms like fever, etc. then it can wait until morning. I am supposed to call the office first thing at 8am and get in as quickly as possible. (Sure... I live 45 minutes away!) She said it could be an infection, or it could be a type of drainage that they would have to drain for me. (Ugggghhhhhhh... I am getting more and more nauseous just thinking about it!!)

But it's a relief that she isn't saying, "You need to get here right now!!" that sort of thing, you know?

Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:13am
post #249 of 510

I'm glad that you were able to get ahold of someone tonight. I'm sure that all will be fine.

I had to deal with this after both of my girls were born, also by c section, and an antibiotic cream always made it go away.

Try not to think about it too much tonight....if you can.

Let us know what happens tomorrow.

Take care,

Vicki

fiddlesticks Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:31am
post #250 of 510

Good Luck with that tomorrow Mel ! I hope its nothing!!

Melvira Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:37am
post #251 of 510

I will definitely update you all here to let you know how it goes! Thank you so much for the moral support. (big hug!)

And Vicki... how is it that you are getting to meet my Lorraine?? I would trade my cake arsenal to meet that missus!! She has got to be the most amazing woman! You are going to have so much fun!!

fiddlesticks Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:40am
post #252 of 510

ohhhh!!Bettycrockermommy.You are sooo lucky ! Just soak her up like a sponge !!

Melvira Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:49am
post #253 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

ohhhh!!Bettycrockermommy.You are sooo lucky ! Just soak her up like a sponge !!

Sooooo... which thread did you MEAN to post this comment in? Or did I miss a whole conversation? Hehehe.

fiddlesticks Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:52am
post #254 of 510

I was commenting on Bettycrockermommy going to see Anie2.. Yep you missed it I guess!

Melvira Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:58am
post #255 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

I was commenting on Bettycrockermommy going to see Anie2.. Yep you missed it I guess!

Wow. Duh. I even started that conversation. What is wrong with me? Well, in my defense I am feeling so poorly that I took a percocet, so that is probably the problem. icon_redface.gif I guess we see who the REAL three watt bulb is here, don't we? Hahahaha.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:17am
post #256 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I will definitely update you all here to let you know how it goes! Thank you so much for the moral support. (big hug!)

And Vicki... how is it that you are getting to meet my Lorraine?? I would trade my cake arsenal to meet that missus!! She has got to be the most amazing woman! You are going to have so much fun!!

She IS amazing! When I first came to CC, I would look at her pictures in awe, and my son would tell me that I should go take a class from her. Well, once I explained that she lives in Scotland, he was like, okay maybe not! icon_lol.gif So when I saw that she was gonna be teaching workshops in Austin, I begged of DH to let me go. Once in a lifetime chance for me, you know. God knows, I will never make it to Scotland. icon_lol.gif

She is actually teaching 3 different workshops. One, the one I am going to, is a bride/groom class for 2 days, October 18-19. There is also a dad & me class on oct 14/15 and a teddy bear class on the 17th of Oct. I wanted to take all of the classes, but I couldn't get the time off of work and I couldn't afford all 5 days. icon_cry.gif

Here is the link. http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5929848#5929848 But all of her classes are full at the moment.

It is going to be so much fun, AND I am going to go ALONE!! 4 days without hubby or kids!! icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:21am
post #257 of 510

Oh man... I can't believe I've been out of the loop so far that I didn't know that. I am NOT happy about that! Talk about the perfect opportunity to meet her in person. I just adore her... and to hear her accent in person... that would just be a hoot!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:23am
post #258 of 510

Bettycrockermommy, you should've signed up for another workshop, then we could've met! I'm taking the two workshops you aren't. thumbsdown.gif

Melvira, I hope you get better. Enough complications! Geez! Your little boys are so sweet. I hope your baby stays that way. Mine is SO cranky these days (he's teething icon_cry.gif ).

Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 2:30am
post #259 of 510

I know, amia1024, I really wanted to go to all of them, but I just couldn't swing the $600 for all 3 classes.

Mel, That would've been cool if you could go. I think that you are an amazing woman too. Oh, btw, did you know that you have become a "verb" here at CC? icon_lol.gif Check out this thread! icon_lol.gif

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5986164#5986164

Melvira Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 1:34pm
post #260 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettycrockermommy

I know, amia1024, I really wanted to go to all of them, but I just couldn't swing the $600 for all 3 classes.

Mel, That would've been cool if you could go. I think that you are an amazing woman too. Oh, btw, did you know that you have become a "verb" here at CC? icon_lol.gif Check out this thread! icon_lol.gif

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=5986164#5986164

Oh, that is TOO cute!! I'm blushing here! I'm just so happy that it works for people!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:16pm
post #261 of 510

I thought you would appreciate that!

Melvira Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:26pm
post #262 of 510

Ok, I have to go to the Doc at 1:15pm today. They could've gotten me in to see the midwife at 11am, but then if it was something that required the doctor, I'd have to come back at 1:15, so we decided to just wait until then. No sense standing around all day waiting. Until then I am supposed to take it easy (yah, right... what's that?)

I think for all my trouble I deserve a little something... don't you all? What does Mel get???

Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:48pm
post #263 of 510

maybe you could talk hubby into buying you a new cake toy or something? If I was closer, I would bring you a treat.

Melvira Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:54pm
post #264 of 510

Hubby-schmubby!! I'm buying myself something! Hehehe. Just trying to decide what that is. With a new baby I suppose it would be irresponsible to go diamond shopping, although that's what all this pain makes me FEEL like I deserve! hehehe. (You think I have a cake addiction... you should see me with diamonds! I have an illness!!! icon_rolleyes.gif ) Perhaps some pan I've been wanting, or something like that. thumbs_up.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #265 of 510

Mel, with all that you have been through, you do deserve the diamond!

fiddlesticks Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:00pm
post #266 of 510

How about some new BIG diamond earrings ??

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:09pm
post #267 of 510

Mel you deserve a big diamond necklace with the birthstones of your angels alternating the diamonds!!! Good luck with your appointment today! My incision was sore for a while too but nothing like you've describedicon_sad.gif ((((hugs)))))

Paula

Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 4:18pm
post #268 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmw

Mel you deserve a big diamond necklace with the birthstones of your angels alternating the diamonds!!! ((((hugs)))))
Paula

Good idea!! Diamonds and pearls!! I like it!! icon_lol.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 7:21pm
post #269 of 510

Mel I hope everything goes good with you. Bettycrocker I am so jealous. I would love to take a class because I have never had any. icon_biggrin.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 27 Jun 2008 , 7:35pm
post #270 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemawfish

Mel I hope everything goes good with you. Bettycrocker I am so jealous. I would love to take a class because I have never had any. icon_biggrin.gif

I haven't either. I am totally self taught, so this will be a whole new experience for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%