Meet My New Baby!!

Lounge By Melvira Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 4:09pm by chassidyg

pjmw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjmw Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 12:30am
post #361 of 510

I'm so glad you felt well enough for the outing. I'd share the chocolate chip cookies I'm baking now, (my mommy taught me good sharing manners tooicon_smile.gif OOOOH gotta go, my DS just brought in a box from FedEX...my new cake pan order is here! YIPEEE!!!

Paula

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #362 of 510

I let three of the least germy people hold him! icon_rolleyes.gif Hehehehe.

Hey, I can post those cuppies here!! I wonder why it won't let me post them in the other thread. Weird.
LL

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:54am
post #363 of 510

Oh Mel they look delicious ! and pretty to !Ok thats on my list to ! You explained it on the cuppy thread right ? How long will that berry last and not make any juice ? Do you carry germ free wipes or lotion for those bad people that have to always tough a sterile baby LOL!

Melvira Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:06am
post #364 of 510

Yes, I think I explained them in the other thread. The fruit should be fine for at least a day, minimum. I put them on there last night around 8 and today at 1pm they ate them and there was no sign of juice.

And yes, I have wet wipes of course, but I also have a little thing of antibac. gel that hangs from the diaper bag. I am anal... it's not my fault. icon_rolleyes.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:08am
post #365 of 510

WOW !! Those berries did good then !

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:16pm
post #366 of 510

Wow Mel those cuppies look wonderful and I'm glad Fiddle asked about the germs because I was going to if she didn't. Can't be too careful with our little cupcake. Don't worry to much about the Cradle Cap. My daughter had loads of hair and the doctor had me use dandruff shampoo. But that was about 30 yrs ago. I'm sure it probably causes cancer or something now. icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:23pm
post #367 of 510

I used one of those plastic soft bristled cradle cap brushes and it's pretty much gone. I used it yesterday and today and it's almost gone. It wasn't really cradle cap in the sense that it was that yellow scaly skin... it was just that his hair prevented the top layer of skin from peeling off completely. You know how they peel after they're born. Well that happened the first week or so, but the hair was stopping the top of his head from fully shedding it. But he looks great now! Yay! I didn't even have to use any oil or anything... just a little gentle muscle!

fiddlesticks Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:35pm
post #368 of 510

Your such a good mom !!!

Meemawfish Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 2:51pm
post #369 of 510

I second that Fiddle. Do you think his hair will stay light or do you think it will darken up. Alex's hair looks light too doesn't it? icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 1:23am
post #370 of 510

Hey fantastic news! For all the pain and suffering I've been through in the past 5 weeks, Murphy's law decided to reward me! That's right... I've been handed a nice fat slab of... PAIN AND SUFFERING!! Hahahaha! Yah, my kidney stones are back. icon_cry.gif WHY!?!?! I guess the rest of my pain wasn't enough, we just needed to top it off! Of course, yesterday I had to have a cracked tooth fixed and that is NOT helping the headaches. But, I am in good spirits, and only whine about it here! icon_razz.gif

I went in today for a CT and some Xrays (I had lithotripsy last August) and they found a few more stones in the left kidney. BUT, due to the c-section and all the problems I've been having they don't want to treat it right now. He scheduled me to come back in one month to reevaluate. In the meantime I am supposed to OD on Ibuprofen and call them if the pain becomes unbearable. icon_confused.gif

The good news is that Zach and Alex are both fantastic, cuter than should be possible. Zach does OK at night, although he wakes to eat like every 2 hours. *sigh* I know I'll sleep someday, and I'll look back and laugh about how tired I am right now! I know this part goes so fast, so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as humanly possible.

Hmmmm... I think you are all overdue for a current pic... you know, to cheer up my whining! thumbs_up.gif In the first one, they're playing on the floor, in the second, Alex is helping me lotion Zach after his bath. Too sweet. What a great helper!
LL
LL

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:25am
post #371 of 510

Well MOM ..Just looking at those adorable happy healthy sweet little men of yours should ease up any and all pain for at least a short while ! And doesent Alex have an adorable head full of blonds curls ! you will have your hands full in a few yrs with these two ! beating off all the girls for sure ! try and feel better !

Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:40am
post #372 of 510

Yah, one of my nicknames for him is "Curly Joe". Pictures do NOT do it justice! You should see it in person. The most beautiful silky curls. My stomach does little flips when I look at it!!

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 12:03pm
post #373 of 510

You never said how the sexy dentist was ? Did everyone love the banana bread ? cupcakes you took in ? Oh and did you remember to get your teeth checked while you were there ?

Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 2:32pm
post #374 of 510

He was mighty fine!! And I mean that in all possible ways! Hahaha!

But they went nuts over the cupcakes! The hygeinists couldn't even wait... the minute I walked back there they came flooding in and ate some! They said they were the best cupcakes they've ever tasted. And one of them is getting married soon (which I did not know) and now she wants to talk to me about a cake! YAY! I love it when I get orders from doing something nice.

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:17pm
post #375 of 510

What flavor cuppys did you make ? Malt ? Nothing like feeding Sugar to all the hygeinists and people trying to save their teeth ! Did I say what a great idea that is LOl!!!

Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 3:59pm
post #376 of 510

I did six each of Chocolate Malt, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Vanilla Dulche de Leche, and Vanilla Raspberry. They went nuts! And hey, if you think they don't ever eat sweets... yah right!! It's just like Doctors and Nurses that smoke. They know better... do it anyway. Well, eating sweets isn't quite as bad as smoking, but you know what I mean!

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 5:33pm
post #377 of 510

icon_lol.gif Yes I was just kidding ! My neighbor who just passed the boards and is a RN ! 25 yrs I think ! anyway they built their house by us and just got married and shes always smoking behind the house cause her new mom in law doesent know she smokes !! icon_lol.gif ( so she thinks anyway ) icon_lol.gif I thought the same thing You should know better your a RN for petes sake !!! Medical people are the worst ! icon_sad.gif I would love to see pictures of your cuppys they always look so tempting ! You have my email icon_wink.gif

Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:48pm
post #378 of 510

Oh hey, they won't let us post pix in the cuppy thread, but I bet I can put it here... here's the one dozen sample box... they got a 2 dozen... this one went to my mom's office for a guy that's buying a huge (wedding) cake from me at the end of the month.
LL

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 8:52pm
post #379 of 510

OH YUM!! Whats the 2 middle flavors ! And where do I get those boxes /inserts?

Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:09pm
post #380 of 510

The flavors (L to R) Chocolate malt, chocolate peanut butter, vanilla Dulche de Leche, vanilla raspberry.

The inserts are the bomb!! You can get them and the boxes to hold 24, 12, 6, or 1 cuppy, or the mini cuppies!! Get them at www.brpboxshop.com that is Big River Packaging in Clinton Iowa. They are the BOMB!! Good prices, friendly people, free shipping, and if I order something today, 99 percent of the time, it's on my doorstep the next day. thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:15pm
post #381 of 510

Oh yum ! Whats the sprinkles ? caramel ? Did you fill them to ? I need the pb one so bad now !!! what recipe did you use? from the file ? by who ? Free shipping ? on how much 100$ or more ? Questions questions ?? Just a girl and her cuppy !!!

Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 9:22pm
post #382 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

Oh yum ! Whats the sprinkles ? caramel ? Did you fill them to ? I need the pb one so bad now !!! what recipe did you use? from the file ? by who ? Free shipping ? on how much 100$ or more ? Questions questions ?? Just a girl and her cuppy !!!

Good grief woman! Slow down, you're making me dizzy! Hahaha! Just kidding! Anyway, the sprinkles are actually caramel flavored sprinkles that I found at some little po-dunk grocery store! I can't find them anywhere else, but they are Betty Crocker brand! Weird! They really do taste like caramel though! Yes, they are all filled with the same flavored bettercreme that you see on top of them. I just used my own recipes for the cupcakes, then flavored the bettercreme for the filling/icing. Free shipping on 100 pennies at Big River. No matter what you order, you get it shipped for free! And it comes via UPS, not like "Larry Bob's discount stuff drivers". icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif And oh yes, the PB ones are the bomb. Amazing!

fiddlesticks Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:36pm
post #383 of 510

icon_lol.gif Ok thanks !! Sorry I was having a cuppy attack icon_razz.gif I havent made a cupcake in a week icon_lol.gif So its been a couple weeks is the house guest still there ?

Melvira Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 10:58pm
post #384 of 510

Oh yes... of course she is. thumbsdown.gif

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:05am
post #385 of 510

Mel...Havent been in this thread in a while , are there recent pics of Zach in the last few pages?? Hope all is well with you guys. Cuppies look and sound yummy.

fiddlesticks Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:30am
post #386 of 510

frstech.. look back a page and you will see the most adorable little blonde boys ever !I just might have to adopt them or at least make them my adopted grandkids !

Melvira Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 2:35am
post #387 of 510

Aw fiddle, I think we adopted you already!! I don't think you have a choice!

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 17 Jul 2008 , 12:29pm
post #388 of 510

i am not sure how i missed that last night, they are too precious!!

Meemawfish Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:13am
post #389 of 510

Mel,

They look just beautiful. Fiddle I would love to have one of those cuppies too. icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Jul 2008 , 12:28am
post #390 of 510

Whats the latest Mel ? Feeling better !Baby starting preschool already ?? time is going by sooo fast ! Seems like he has been with all of us for ever!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%