Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 1:27pm
post #181 of 2524

I do agree with you guys. As for myself I need the guilt to keep me under check. icon_lol.gif Otherwise I end up tasting this and that and that and this. Next thing you know, I might as well have had a big ol slice with all those tastings adding up.
I did so-so last night. We went out to eat at Cheddar's and I ate non salted tortillas and salsa. Then for dinner I had a roasted chicken with blackened shrimp salad. YUM!!!!!! I gave my hot rolls to my hubby! icon_lol.gif <He could use some weight! I did have one big chicken tender off my 2 year old's plate as I just couldn't waste all that food! icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif But no dessert or snacking on these ccs and 2 different types of cake balls I've got camping out waiting to be eaten. thumbs_up.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:06pm
post #182 of 2524

Excellent idea, Merissa. I think a lot of the time we end up failing because we set unrealistic expectations for ourselves. We KNOW we're going to do a little tasting because we would never risk sending out anything less than yummy...it's just a matter of keeping it in check.

4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:16pm
post #183 of 2524

ok, gals. The computer network at work crashed yesterday so I didn't get to weight in! icon_cry.gif Although I hate to admit it, I gained 1lb. It seem anytime I start trying to watch what I eat, I gain weight! icon_mad.gif Oh well, I am going to keep on trying. SO for next week...

1. Drink Water!
2. Exercise at least 4 days.
3. Take small portions of the goodies from the holidays, and wait before going for 2nds.

I can do this! as a matter of fact, I hope to loose about 2lbs today, when I get my Hair cut off at 4:00pm! Maybe with short hair I will be encouraged to keep at it so I can have a slim face! icon_lol.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 4:37pm
post #184 of 2524

Hey 4dollars! It is all bound to happen to all of us! Keep it up, you can do it! This week is going to be hard for all of us. I think we are really going to get on track after next week.

2sdae Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 6:41pm
post #185 of 2524

We got this girls....keep the faith. We got those fat cells on the run.
They are just trying to take advatage of the holidays, but even if we gain those few sneaky holiday pounds...we will just kick their hineys afterwards! thumbs_up.gif

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 4:48pm
post #186 of 2524

So, did we all make it through Christmas? I will be the first to say that I was not good. I enjoyed my family and I enjoyed all the treats (naughty!) and now I have only three short days to undo what I have done.

The good news is that there will be so much less temptation around now and that I fully accept responsibility for what I have done. I'm not happy about it but I certainly am not going to beat myself up. So, let's see what I can do before Thursday!

Hope all is well with the rest of our group.

Tallulah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallulah Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 5:28pm
post #187 of 2524

Hi all!

Well, I made it through Christmas ok, but only because I had my mom's 50th birthday cake to do (in my photos). It took most of my time and I barely ate for two days! I didn't eat much of my Christmas dinner because I wasn't feeling well. Turns out I came down with a cold. But if it weren't for my mom's cake and the nausea, I would have been just as naughty if not more than you imtrying !!

shelbur10 Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 5:48pm
post #188 of 2524

I'm with you, imtrying! I was SO naughty yesterday, I just didn't give a second thought to anything I ate. But, as DH says (regarding any holiday indulgence), Christmas only comes once a year. But now the holiday is over and we can get back on track.
STUNNING cake, Tallulah! I'm sure your mom was thrilled!
Hope everyone had a very happy holiday!!!

springlakecake Posted 26 Dec 2006 , 9:54pm
post #189 of 2524

I have not done well either. I am terrified to check the scale icon_cry.gif . Oh well, maybe I would have eaten even more if I hadnt had this in the back of my head. Now I am so tired I think we are just going to order pizza tonight. Back on track tomorrow...and for good hopefully.

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 5:22am
post #190 of 2524

I just came across this thread and I'm hoping that it's OK to join your group. (Actually, I came across it as I was taking a bite out of a cake ball icon_redface.gif )

I am too embarrased to say how much I weigh at the moment but I will say that I've lost 6.6 pounds so far.

I was really good on Christmas day as I didn't have any sweets at all. But I think I made up for it the next day icon_cry.gif .

From what I've been reading everyone's been doing a fantastic job! Keep up the great effort!! icon_lol.gif

Mary

springlakecake Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 1:01pm
post #191 of 2524

Maryak: welcome to our group! You dont have to feel embarrassed here, but congratulations on your weight loss so far! today is unofficially "no cheat" day, and I plan on doing it. I have been so bad since Friday, but I really want to get into this now. Tomorrow is weigh in and I am pretty sure I gained! I am planning to go to the gym pretty soon to work off a measly piece of pie. The sort of good news is that I dont have any cakes planned until the end of next month so I wont be tempted to sample if they are not around.

shelbur10 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 1:14pm
post #192 of 2524

OMG! OMG! I got on the scale today and I was absolutely horrified!! I'm not fessing up until tomorrow, just in case I magically lose weight today. I DEFINITELY have to stick with no-cheat Wednesday!!! Apparently my metabolism completely took a holiday break! Okay, I'll fess up...4 POUNDS!! In one week!! OMG!

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 1:14pm
post #193 of 2524

Merissa, if I had come to this topic earlier I would have seen that today was no cheat day. Unfortunately I already had a slice of chocolate cake for breakfast. icon_redface.gif I didn't do well this week at all. I'm an emotional eater and my holiday just down right sucked to say the least. But now that I know it's no cheat day I will just hop back on this horse and keep going!

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow ladies!

shelbur10 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 1:24pm
post #194 of 2524

This probably needs no clarification, but I see I didn't specify in my post, that I had GAINED 4 lbs, not lost. But I'm sure that was clear from my panic...LOL

2sdae Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 2:09pm
post #195 of 2524

icon_surprised.gif My scale says I gained too. icon_cry.gif I did pretty well as far as not gorging on sweets but I cooked all day fri and saturday. Had everyone over my house to eat. Then sunday had two places to go and eat. Then Monday 2 also. Everyone wants to feed you and gets wierdly offended when you say I am watching what I eat to keep off the holiday pounds! Don't get offended...join me! Help me. Get that Ham, sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole, sausage cheese balls and candied fruit salad outta my face. PLEASE!!!!! icon_cry.gif
But I am sticking to "NO CHEAT WED." I will! So back up on those calorie and fat cell hunting horses girls!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 4:20pm
post #196 of 2524

Shelbur10: You are not alone, I think I may have gained 3 pounds. But I am hoping I magically loose some before tomorrow.

2sdae Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 6:30pm
post #197 of 2524

icon_surprised.gif O.K Now I feel really bad....my scale is reading 129!!! It was 123 last thursday! icon_confused.gif Damn those cake balls and all that ham!

shelbur10 Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 6:34pm
post #198 of 2524

Blasted HAM!! Isn't protein supposed to be good for you?!!!! Our food is turning traitor!! I actually didn't eat that many sweets, but practically ate my weight in ham.

2sdae Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 6:50pm
post #199 of 2524

I just wanna cry at that scale....think if I threw it it might change the outcome? icon_lol.gif Only then I would still know the truth though. icon_confused.gif
BUT so far today doing good...... icon_razz.gif

springlakecake Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:38pm
post #200 of 2524

i did eat a little chocolate icon_redface.gif , but at least now it is gone. I also threw away a little container with some leftover ganache. It really goes against my priciples, but it needed to be done. I cant eat it if it isnt around. I went to the gym though and I had a pretty good work out, and have eaten well other than the chocolate. I also ordered some cake supplies and books with some gift certicates and money I got for christmas, so that gave me a little high instead! I got a sugarcraft gun, and the new Toba Garrett book and the whimsical bake house book and a Dede Wilson book called wedding cakes you can make. I am excited! Anybody else get anything good? Oh my husband got me an MP3 player that isnt working on my computer, but it is supposed to help me work out. Maybe I should have spent some of my money on some cute workout clothes....?

springlakecake Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 8:43pm
post #201 of 2524

Hey Tuesday your Christmas cake is gorgeous! I couldnt leave a comment since it is in the contest, but I just wanted you to know htat you did a great job! I entered a cake too, my first one in a cc contest.

2sdae Posted 27 Dec 2006 , 11:16pm
post #202 of 2524

My first too. Thanks though.

Tallulah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallulah Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 1:36am
post #203 of 2524

Hi!

Merissa your winter greetings cake is beautiful! I want to be just like you when I grow up!

Tuesday, your cake was beautiful too!
I'm just to self conscious to enter a cake in a contest!

I got some good gifts this year too. I got the food processor I've been loudly hinting at icon_wink.gif a hand blender, a new ipod since I couldn't fit more songs into my old one, a Homedics pedicure spa and the most special gift of all, an airbrush!!!!!!! I want to do the happy dance every time I see it!!

On a sad note, I must say, I cheated today. I had four oatmeal raisin cookies. Darn those cookies! You have to understand, they were calling me, calling me, calling me and I had to eat them to make them shut up!! I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 1:50am
post #204 of 2524

Thank you for the very warm welcome merissa.

I hopped on the treadmill last night and walked for an hour!! I was so proud of myself. And when I weighed in this morning I'd lost 4.4 pounds!! icon_lol.gif (Wish that happened every day!! icon_cry.gif )

Good luck to everyone!!

Mary

springlakecake Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 12:44pm
post #205 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Start weight: 150.8 Today's weight: 149.4 Goal weight: 135 weight lost so far: 1.4

New goals for the week:
1. Follow my eating plan 5 out of 7 days (I am taking Christmas eve and day off, but hopefully I dont go overboard!)
2. Hit the gym at least 3 times.
3.Drink 64 ounces of water daily
4. Dont eat off of my kid's plates!

Okay the dreaded post Christmas weigh in and report.... icon_cry.gif Above was last weeks goals and weights.

Today
Start weight: 150.8 Today's weight: 150.4 Goal weight: 135 weight lost so far: .4 (so I gained 1 pound this week...boo. I thought I had gained more though, so I am not complaining too much)

Report on previous week's goals:
1. not met. I might have followed my eating plan 2 or 3 days
2. I did hit the gym 3 times, but later I said was going to go 4 times
3. Not met, I drank all the water 3 times I think
4. not met!

New goals
1. Follow my eating plan 6 days this week
2. Drink 64 ounces of water daily
3. Exercise at least 3 times this week
4. Dont eat off of my kids plates
5. Loose 1 1/2 -2 pounds by next weigh in.

congratulations maryak! You are doing so well, do you have any tips or secrets to share?

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 1:11pm
post #206 of 2524

No loss no gain. Still at 233. I'm not going to complain about that.

this weeks goal
1. drink my water
2. go walking
3. try to stick to my meal plan atleast 5 days this week

shelbur10 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 1:30pm
post #207 of 2524

Great job everyone!! Well, ladies, it SO much worse than I thought...I gained 5 pounds this week. And didn't meet a single one of my goals. YUCK!! Well, all I can say is that I am now super motivated to do better. My wardrobe of clothes I can wear comfortably is growing nearly non-existent and there is no way I'm going to allow myself to buy a bunch of stuff in bigger sizes. I've got to get this under control NOW!!!

Goals for the week:
1. Make my servings no larger than what I serve my children.
2. NO evening snacks that are not healthy
3. Work out as much as my back allows - no less than two times, ideally every day.
4. WATER, WATER, WATER!!

I am giving myself a pass on New Years Eve, since we are having a party and I'll be making lots of goodies, but hopefully I'll be too busy cooking to eat much all weekend.

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 1:42pm
post #208 of 2524

Surprise, surprise - I lost 3 pounds this week! Down from 170 to 167. I guess there's something to be said for being sick over the holidays icon_rolleyes.gif I am surprised though, because I ate birthday cake, cupcakes & cookies for Santa. But not having an appetite for three days certainly helped. I wonder if I can make my appetite go away and not be sick?

I did not exercise at all this week, so starting today I need to get back into that routine.

Goals - exercise 5 times this week
no more than one cookie per day (gotta get rid of those suckers)
more water, less diet pepsi
don't gain any weight back!

-Lisa

2sdae Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 1:42pm
post #209 of 2524

icon_cry.gificon_redface.gif I have to say it.....I did gain those 6 pounds back! I really don't understand how though. I didn't much portion wise and very little sweets. Yet I guess what I did eat stuck! Plus I have also been told at certain times of the month you retain water no matter what. I am hoping that is some of this. I am really discouraged though. I guess my goals will just remain the same. It almost makes me wanna say to heck with it and eat till I blow up! icon_cry.gif

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 28 Dec 2006 , 2:11pm
post #210 of 2524

1 lb and i am not complaining icon_biggrin.gif

goals for this week:

1. try to be good since new years is this weekend icon_wink.gif
2. drink more water
3. try to get in more exercise (does moving boxes and furniture count? we moved on boxing day)
4. cut my portions down
5. make sure hubby doesn't overeat as well...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%