Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

Tallulah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallulah Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 4:05pm
post #121 of 2524

Greasy cheeseburger and fries! Yummmmmmmmm!

I think it's great to reward yourself once a week with something greasy and fattening! I lost 25 lbs this year and I had one junk food day per week. I was doing really well too, but I think other factors lead you to eat. Of course there's the temptation of being near cake and cookies all the time. With me, if I feel anxiety, or anger, or boredom I eat. I think once I've got that under control, I can lose those ten pounds that bothering me soo much!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 4:39pm
post #122 of 2524

[quote="Rambo"]I read that book, Body for Life. I tried the diet but the food list was hard for me. I'm great at planning things but not so great at carrying out the plan. I also liked what he said about working out, the idea isn't to eventually be at the gym for 10 hours, work harder for shorter spurts and be done (obviously I'm paraphrasing)

quote]

I think the hardest part for me was the exerise. While it was not long in duration (which was nice) 6 days a week was a lot for me long term. Though I did do it religously for 9 weeks (until I got the dreadful mono) I think it would be easier for me to combine the weight lifting and cardio into one day and only go 3 or 4 times a week instead. If I had all the machines and weights at my house, that might be a different story. I really didnt have a problem with the meals.

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 5:35pm
post #123 of 2524

I have to do just walking because I have absolutely no time to do something like workout out of the house for any length of time. Between my 2 year old and a DH that owns his own business, I am incharge of house, bills,banking, children, and all shopping. Not to mention 2 dogs and a cat too. I jump on here intermittenly between diaper changes, food detail, laundry runs and teenage crisis at every turn. You'd think that would count as arobic! icon_lol.gif

springlakecake Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 5:47pm
post #124 of 2524

I hear you. I have a similar workload being the stay at home mom. I agree it is hard to make time for exercise. I usually have two choices. I can get up and go at 5 am (which I do often because my neighbor also belongs to the gym and she makes me go with her) or (luckily) the gym I belong to has childcare, so I can take my kids with me. But I dont like to do that more than 1 or 2 times a week. Walking is a great exercise, but here in the North it's getting COLD! Hey and you can count housework as exercise!

2sdae Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 6:00pm
post #125 of 2524

I just thought of something....I have a crazy 10 year old washer so everytime it goes through a wash cycle it stops itself just before it spins for the first time , so I have to go running down the stairs to lift the lid and shut it to turn it back on, then I run down again to add softner and once again to switch loads to dryer and start a new one. So that should deff count as stair stepper for me! icon_lol.gif

springlakecake Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 6:04pm
post #126 of 2524

Absolutely that counts! How about strapping on some ankle and wrist weights on all day....Hmmm! icon_lol.gif I wonder how many extra calories you'd burn in a day...?

That reminds me...I have to go change the laundry!

2sdae Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 6:14pm
post #127 of 2524

oooooo, another good idea! I could wear 3lb weights on my legs all day. But nothing on my arms, I pick up my 2 year old way too much and I see me making my cakes and ccc with those on!!!! icon_lol.gif Talk about accidently marking your icing! I'd have a mess for sure! icon_rolleyes.gif

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 6:47pm
post #128 of 2524

I have been pretty good since I last checked in. My big problem is that I am giving baked goods to a lot of my friends who are baking deficient and I am also responsible for baking for my family Christmas. It all started this weekend with the butter tarts. Mmmmm, butter tarts. Anyway, then I had to make cookies for my daughters preschool class and someone on cc said they ice with MMF cut the same as the cookie and put on directly out of the oven. I've never done that before so I decided that was how I was going to do it last night and, hello, I had to try one to make sure it was all good. It was definitely all good. . . times 3!

Anyway, I'm good now, back on track (at least until the shortbread cookies I make tonight). I've exercised 3 of the last 4 days, I'm drinking plenty of water but I've been visiting the Dr. more often than I would like. You know the Dr. - Dr. Pepper. Someone mentioned earlier, what's the draw with Dr. Pepper. I'd never heard of it when I lived in Canada but when I moved to the Southern U.S. we became fast friends.

Anyway, I plan to keep exercising, keep drinking the water and keep thinking I can do this, I can do this. It's bound to stick one of these times right? I plan to have good news to report Thursday morning.

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 7:17pm
post #129 of 2524

[quote="imtrying"] I'm drinking plenty of water but I've been visiting the Dr. more often than I would like. You know the Dr. - Dr. Pepper.
quote]

RFLMAO - Read this and first thought you were going to tell us about some major sickkness.

2sdae Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 9:44pm
post #130 of 2524

icon_sad.gif O.K so I tried unsucessfully to make my own version of the ornament cc and failed. *sigh* icon_rolleyes.gif
I got upset at my skills not improving the way I had hoped and ate 3 of the plain cc I made.
Any body else get frustrated at this type of thing and just loose yourself for a minute and then you wake up a cc in mouth and icing dripping off your fingers? icon_cry.gif here are the little culprits!!!
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-91169.html

springlakecake Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 10:17pm
post #131 of 2524

Sorry they didnt turn out! I totally understand and I eat cakes gone wrong too. I had some shameful moments today too. I ate some summer sausage and cheese that my husband brought home from work. Plus I ate a little chicken nuggets from my kids plates today. Goal number 5 for the week: dont eat from my kid's plates...goal not met! While I wasnt terrible, I think the calories I burned off today at the gym...and I just ate that many calories back in just a few minutes. Seriously, if I could remember it takes me like 45minutes to an hour to burn 400 calories, and I could eat that many back in like 1 minute I probably wouldnt do it so much. For some reason my memory escapes me when a big slab of chocolate cake is in view.

springlakecake Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 10:18pm
post #132 of 2524

Hey what do you mean? I just looked at them and they look cute!

2sdae Posted 19 Dec 2006 , 10:52pm
post #133 of 2524

Just not what I pictured ya know? icon_confused.gif
I was going for a maroon /cranberry color and gold topers with yellow and deep green accents in R.I. Just seemed like the colors were off and my b/c just wouldn't smooth right. Then my hands were all shaky for some reason so lines and designs were off. I dunno....just wasn't what I pictured. icon_rolleyes.gif
At least my DH knew what they were supposed to be! thumbs_up.gif
And thanks for all the support. Now I will not go and drink that eggnog and eat more cc.

DIE FAT CELLS, DIE!!!!!!!!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 1:04pm
post #134 of 2524

I understand being disappointed in missing your 'vision', but I think they're very cute. I haven't even had the guts to try them! I, too, understand the eating 'out of body experience'. I had a rotten night last night, put the kids in bed, then somehow I ended up on the couch with a plate of pecan tassies in my lap...how'd that happen! LOL

springlakecake Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 1:09pm
post #135 of 2524

Okay one more day until weigh in day! Anybody want to join me in a day of NO CHEATING? If I have someone else to do it with, I will hold up my end of the bargain. I bet we will be proud at the end of the day....or hungry. Anybody?

2sdae Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 1:57pm
post #136 of 2524

thumbs_up.gif I'm here with ya girl!!! I WILL not cheat today at all!
I WILL drink ALL my water and even though I am baking enough filled cupcakes to feed a small country for a ccc I will not taste even one! Cause I got super glue on my lips!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif J/K I will do it because I know we ALL can!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

shelbur10 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 2:15pm
post #137 of 2524

I'm with you!! NO CHEATING...except I'm making lasagna for dinner tonight...I will only eat a tiny piece and NO BREAD!! I could lose weight so much easier if my family would eat broiled chicken and salad every night, but no, they want actual meal variety...LOL. I'm stuck, don't get home until 5:00 and I don't have the time or energy to cook myself a 'diet' meal. So I'm counting on staying off the snacks and sweets to make a difference. And as many sweets as fly out of my oven straight into my mouth...stopping that should DEFINITELY make a difference!

springlakecake Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 2:58pm
post #138 of 2524

Great! So how about:

Motivational Mondays
No Cheat Wednesdays (or day of choice if it is unavoidable)
Weigh in Thursdays

Maybe we can add a few more no cheat days as we get better at this!

shelbur10 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 3:11pm
post #139 of 2524

Calling on my self control...someone brought brownies topped with peanut butter swirls to work today. Surely if I hide in my office long enough, everyone else will eat them all!! Maybe I should post a memo, no one is allowed to bring food on No Cheat Wednesday!! I have gained most of my weight since I started working here, these people don't do anything but EAT!! Talk about peer pressure...

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 3:47pm
post #140 of 2524

LOL that sounds like my DH's work. They're the ones I use to dispose of the goodies I bake before I eat them myself. I made a batch of choco chip cookies and for some reason they totally flopped (my heart's not into baking this last couple weeks) Anyway my hubby took them in, flat crispy and all, left them in the lunch room before everyone else got to work. They were reportedly gone before 8 am.

Oh if you're having trouble resisting something try Listerine. NOTHING tastes good for about an hour or so after you gargle with that stuff. I think it burns your taste buds off. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

shelbur10 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 4:05pm
post #141 of 2524

Good idea, Rambo! I've got some of those Icebreakers Liquid Ice mints, they'll probably work, too. Then I drink so much water I feel a little nauseous, that'll keep me from eating! It's sad when you have to make yourself feel sick to keep out of the goodies. icon_lol.gif

2sdae Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 4:23pm
post #142 of 2524

I shall brush my teeth repeatedly today as I am baking butter pecan cc with caramel fillinf and french vanilla frosting.........
See no cheating and good oral care!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

springlakecake Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 4:30pm
post #143 of 2524

Ive already chewed one piece of gum, and I am about to get out another.

2sdae Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 4:53pm
post #144 of 2524

icon_surprised.gif Oh, POOP! I absent mindedly stuck a warm cc in my mouth and before I knew it swallowed that warm goodie. icon_redface.gif
Now I am banning myself from the kitchen till they are all baked. I washed the bowl and beater in hot soapy water immediately to avoid batter pressure.
More water and more teeth brushing.....QUICK! icon_rolleyes.gif

shelbur10 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 6:17pm
post #145 of 2524

It's a never ending battle, because those goodies WANT to be eaten and WILL STOP AT NOTHING to find a way into our mouths!! icon_evil.gif
I feel your pain, Tuesday, I saw a sad little piece of cake getting stale on my lunch break and had to put it out of its misery!! So much for no cheating...I'll have to be extra good tonight! icon_razz.gif

Ladyofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyofcake Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 7:38pm
post #146 of 2524

Ok gals, I am sorry to say that I won't be able to participate for a few months. My in-laws just got their VISA rejected for the second time in a row and so I will be leaving as soon as possible for India with my daughter.
That said, I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING IN SITE AND CRY MY EYES OUT.
We were really hoping this time would be approved, but of course not.
They are retired now and were rejected for lack of income (they are retired, of COURSE they lack income - duuuhhhh...) and last year no reason at all was given. They have still not seen their only grandchild and it has become too much. icon_mad.gif I need to go there and bring her to them if they cannot come to us. Will apply to bring them here as citizens only. Takes longer, but in the long run at least then nothing can stop them from being here when they want to be. They are not going to be around forever and should be able to see her when they please.
Sorry this turned into venting, just so damn upset. icon_cry.gif
Anyways, I am still praying for each of you and will be leaving probably end of January. Will be back sometime in April most likely and if at all possible to reason with the consulate, will be bringing them with me.
Hope you all have a very happy holiday and a happy, healthy (and thinner) new year!

springlakecake Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 7:52pm
post #147 of 2524

ladyofcake:
I am very sorry they were not approved. It is important for them to see their grandchild. That is very generous of you to take her to them. That said, we will be looking for you when you get back.

2sdae Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 8:02pm
post #148 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

ladyofcake:
I am very sorry they were not approved. It is important for them to see their grandchild. That is very generous of you to take her to them. That said, we will be looking for you when you get back.

I completely agree!!!!
You go and be safe. we will keep you in our prayers and them also. So try to have a good Holiday and know we are just where you left us.....on cc making, baking and decorating!!!!!!!

shelbur10 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 8:16pm
post #149 of 2524

ladyofcake, I'm so sorry to hear this!! How gracious and wonderful of you to take your child to them. My prayers will be with you and we look forward to your return.

starrchaser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starrchaser Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 8:36pm
post #150 of 2524

Late commer here! icon_redface.gif

I just found this thread and am thrilled to see it. I am a 25 y/o SAHM of 4. (7/4/2/5months) and i am an olympic eater lol. My biggest problem food it all things sweet. I've cut back alot on trying to do cakes because of this. As of today a am 5'6 and 248lbs. I just lost 8 lbs. I bought myselfe a treadmill and have been trying to do the healthy eating thing and drinking water and all that but the holidays are taking its toll already. Hopefull some supportive CCers will help me get past this yuletide hump.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%