Putting Down The Cake Club!!!!!!

Lounge By 2sdae Updated 15 Mar 2008 , 1:51pm by moreCakePlz

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 9:20pm
post #151 of 2524

Welcome starrchaser!! Congrats on your weight loss so far. Never fear, we are all here for each other through our temporary weaknesses...

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 9:57pm
post #152 of 2524

Hi starrchaser: Welcome! I dont know if you read through our whole thread but here is the run down of what weve been doing. On Thurdays we are weighing in. Also on Thursday we will write ourselves some objective goals for the week (like, I will exercise 4 times this week or I will drink 64 ounces of water daily etc) You will also report on your previous weeks goal. We thought it might make us more accountable. So we tried NO CHEAT Wednesdays, but I think we all cheated a little icon_redface.gif . We will try again. Motivational Mondays! Regroup after challenging weekend feasts. And of couse stop by any day for tips, motivation, support! We can do it!

Rambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rambo Posted 20 Dec 2006 , 10:32pm
post #153 of 2524

Have any of you done/heard of, the Good Mood Diet? I read an article on MSN about it yesterday. There was a blurp from the author who said something along the lines of, I don't care if you eat a big slab of chocolate cake, so long as you eat all your feel good foods for the day. The theory is if you eat the foods on the feel good list your body chemistry and brain functions change, fighting depression and cravings. The basic list included air popped popcorn, dark chocolate (yay), Coffee/Soda, turkey, milk, eggs and hot cocoa.

I just bought a copy of the book to put under the tree for myself, from Santa. Looked interesting enough and I love to collect knowledge on this stuff. Some day I'm going to compile a list of all the tidbits that actually worked from all the different diets I've tried and make my own diet book. LOL look out Susan Powter (yep I read that one too) icon_redface.gif Anyway just wanted to see if any of you knew anything about it?

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 12:00pm
post #154 of 2524

O.K Ladies it's weigh in Thursday!!!!! I got onto the scale and it says 123. That is a 4 lb. loss in a week?! icon_razz.gif
But now the REAL pressure comes.....saturday night dinner I am hosting, christmas eve dinner and treats and then the BIG WHAMMY Christmas day meals!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
But just knowing you all are strugglin right along with me will deff help. It has been a tremendous help this week with encouragement and stamina.

So with no more adu, goals for next week:

1. drink all my water EVERYDAY!
2. eat healthily at these dinners and brunches I can't help but be at! icon_eek.gif
3. Portion control, portion control, portion control. No I don't have to have secounds on everything and a dessert! icon_rolleyes.gif

This has been a big help to me this last week Ladies. Let's keep it rollin on! thumbs_up.gif

springlakecake Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 12:44pm
post #155 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Weight : 150.8 Goal weight: 135 Weight lost so far: 0

Okay here is my goals for the week:
1. Dont eat at the preschool program this morning.
2. Follow my eating plan at least 6 days this week.
3. Exercise at least 3 times this week.
4. Drink my 8 glasses of water each day.

Here were my goals for the week. The moment of truth
1. Goal met!
2. I did pretty good, I definitely took 1 day off and pigged out. I did cheat a few times, but overall, I did pretty good with my diet.
3. Goal met!
4. 6 out of 7 days I drank all my water.

Start weight: 150.8 Today's weight: 149.4 Goal weight: 135 weight lost so far: 1.4

New goals for the week:
1. Follow my eating plan 5 out of 7 days (I am taking Christmas eve and day off, but hopefully I dont go overboard!)
2. Hit the gym at least 3 times.
3.Drink 64 ounces of water daily
4. Dont eat off of my kid's plates

Good job Tuesday! 4 pounds, Im jealous. but I am happy with my 1.4 pounds! Keep it up friends!

2sdae Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 1:21pm
post #156 of 2524

YAY!!!!!!!! Merissa!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif
I think only about 1 lb. was fat!!!! icon_lol.gif I honestly think the rest was water weight I had stored up by not drinking enough water and eating alot of salt for about 2 weeks before we started! icon_rolleyes.gif
But I deff think we are killing those fat cells!!!! Keep going girls, we got em on the run now!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

shelbur10 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 1:35pm
post #157 of 2524

Great job Tuesday and Merissa!! Well, I have lost one lb this week, which is encouraging because I have cheated quite a bit with cookies. I met almost all my goals, I drank all water and coffee this week, I stayed away from the salty snacks. Unfortunately, I couldn't keep up with my workouts because of my back problems. I really think I set myself an unrealistic goal there. So let's try again...

1. Drink all water 6 of 7 days (Christmas eve break)
2. No more evening snacks unless they are healthy! (no sweets or chips, etc)
3. Work out at least three days
4. Do not get a second helping of anything until I have waited at least 5 minutes

Not bad for our first week...but I DEFINITELY had room for improvement.

2sdae Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 2:44pm
post #158 of 2524

ALL OF US IN THE "PUTTING DOWN THE CAKE CLUB" SO RULE THOSE FAT CELLS!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif
And don't let those little boogers lie to ya.....everyone one of them lost is a total victory in a long line of victories we are sure to have!!!!!!

CHARGE!!!!!!!!

Tallulah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallulah Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 3:04pm
post #159 of 2524

Hey all!!

Well, I weighed myself this morning and it's a miracle! I lost a pound! I don't know how, I've been cheating like crazy! (the holidays always do it to me)

No cheat Wednesdays went straight out the window! I am officially a batter licker. I had to try yesterday's chocolate frosting to make sure it was good. I mean it looked like chocolate, why did I have to have three tablespoons? I don't know!! I need help! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

As for my goals - I did not have a Snickers this week or a hershey bar, so those goals were met. However, my yoga mat is still dusty.

So my new goals for this week are:

1. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise!
2. Portion control, portion control, portion control. Did I mention portion control?
3. Remove all unhealthy snacks from my pantry!
4. Give myself constant positive reinforcement.

icon_wink.gif

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 3:44pm
post #160 of 2524

I weighed this morning and was pleasantly optimistic prior to stepping on the scale. I lost a half pound. I'm good with that though, it's headed in the right direction. I drank all my water (I almost always do so I don't have water weight to lose) and exercised. I could have done better with the pop but now when I'm getting one I mix half diet and half regular so at least that's a step.

Goals for next week:

1. Exercise at LEAST 4 days
2. No seconds and portion control at Christmas
3. No absent minded snacking, think about what I put in my mouth

Unofficially, goal #4 is lose two pounds by next weigh in. If I can do that over the holidays, I'll jump in the air and give MYSELF a high five!

springlakecake Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:02pm
post #161 of 2524

Hey if we can actually LOOSE weight during the holidays, that is real accomplishment. I just hope I dont gain this next week...I am going for maintain weight.

springlakecake Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:39pm
post #162 of 2524

Grrr. I just went the the gym, had a decent workout, came home and made myself a healthy lunch (glass of water, veggie burger -no bun, cottage cheese and broccoli) then I topped it off with a cupcake. Why did I DO THAT? If I hadnt gotten one out for my kids, I wouldnt have had one. I was feeling guilty the whole time I was eating it, but it didnt stop me. It wasnt worth it. Boo. I wish I could take it back.

shelbur10 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:41pm
post #163 of 2524

good point, merissa. I have been steadily gaining for quite a while, so even maintaining is an accomplishment. I feel like we should throw a party for ourselves for losing...who's bringing the cake??LOL

jelligirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jelligirl Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:43pm
post #164 of 2524

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

i am still at the same weight!!!!! i was good this week!!!!!!

springlakecake Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 4:47pm
post #165 of 2524

Okay. I decided for my cupcake consequence: I have to go to the gym one extra day this week (so now my goal has increased to 4 days)

Tallulah Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 5:16pm
post #166 of 2524

You know Merissa, I do the same thing. I can eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner but I always top it off with something sweet and unhealthy. I wonder why that is??

springlakecake Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 5:41pm
post #167 of 2524

We must have some little gremlins inside of us that want to be fed! Maybe if we starve them of the unhealthy stuff then they will die and cravings will subside. I really want to do this! Okay so this sounds silly but I keep telling myself that I want to look hot for awhile before I get too old! HE HE HE! About 3 years ago I lost some weight (I was about 20 or more pounds lighter than I am now) I did it with healthy eating and exercise. Anyway a lot of people noticed and I got a lot of compliments. I miss that! I am not someone who needs of likes a lot of attention, but it felt good for a change. I wish i had kept it up, I looked so cute!

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 5:48pm
post #168 of 2524

Ok I'm checking in for the big weigh in. I lost 3 pounds. I'm down to 232. I was conscience of what I was putting in my mouth I know I didn't meet my goal for last week. HOnestly I just signed up for Jenny online this morning.

Goals for the week
1. WALK!
2. Don't over indulge for the holidays
3. Dink my crystal light
4. Plan my meals

I don't know if anyone already said this or not but maybe we should put our immediate goal and reward for the next week. plus our ultimate goal and reward for meeting the ultimate goal. How does that sound?

shelbur10 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 5:52pm
post #169 of 2524

Jelligirl...don't get discouraged!! It sometimes takes a little while for the weight to drop off. I'm convinced my one little pound was just fluid. I went from drinking all sodas to drinking all water.

Tallulah Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 5:56pm
post #170 of 2524

I hate the gremlins! I'm going to make them sick! I'm going to feed them green beans and broccolli!

I didn't appreciate my body when I had it. I thought I looked cute and didn't need to take care of myself. Plus I've been working in an office for the past four years. So sitting on my tush has not helped at all.

I'm one of those women that needs to look good before i get too old too! I want to look good till I reach menopause! Till I need dentures! Till I need a wheelchair!

springlakecake Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 6:02pm
post #171 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

I don't know if anyone already said this or not but maybe we should put our immediate goal and reward for the next week. plus our ultimate goal and reward for meeting the ultimate goal. How does that sound?

I am not sure I exactly understand, but do you mean like this? If this is what you mean here are my goal/rewards.

When I loose 7 pounds (143 pounds-halfway to my ultimate goal) I will buy myself a new pair of workout shoes!

My ultimate goal is to loose 15 pounds (135 pounds) and I will buy something sexy to make my husband happy. Not to mention some more clothes for myself! I have put off buying myself clothes for over a year becasue I am always wanting to loose weight!

If I get to my DREAM goal of 130 pounds, maybe a mini makeover. Dont know where I am going to get all this money, but I figure if I am not eating as much there should be grocery money leftover! icon_lol.gif

Congrats on your weight losses everyone!

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 6:31pm
post #172 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by merissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

Yes that's what I mean.

Like this next week my goal is 3 lbs. so I'll reward myself with a manicure

Midway goal 40 lbs so I'll treat myself to something bigger haven't decided yet. Maybe a Cake decorating class at the notter school.

My ultimate goal of 150 I'll get a total makeover. Clothes, hair, shoes all new make up....

bluehen92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluehen92 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 6:54pm
post #173 of 2524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallulah

You know Merissa, I do the same thing. I can eat a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner but I always top it off with something sweet and unhealthy. I wonder why that is??

That is exactly my problem! Not so much at the end of the day, but in the middle of the afternoon - like right now - I want something good to eat. I won't be hungry, but I'll scarf something (or a few somethings) down anyway. I did not lose anything this week, but stayed the same. That's ok, because I ate A LOT of chocolate cake this week! If I can maintain this next week too I'll be happy. I did sample one CC cookie (out of about 90) that I made this morning for school tomorrow. Tonight I'm making cupcakes for school - willpower, where are you???

-Lisa

Rambo Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 7:18pm
post #174 of 2524

I have to say for all of you worried about one cupcake after a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner, look at it this way. It was one cupcake, not three and you could have had it and a Big Mac and supersized fries. Moderation works, if you can stick with it (my biggest problem)

Anyway My DH is officially home for Christmas vacation which means I will hve to fight for my share of computer time so this may be my last weigh in for the next week or so.

I weighed in at 223 this morning. That's 2lbs this week and I honestly didn't do anything consciencely(sp? hate spelling that one).

Have a great Holiday, I'll check in from time to time, or try at least.

Rambo Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 7:20pm
post #175 of 2524

Oooops. I forgot to say Congrats to you all for such a great effort. To Maintain thru all this temptation is a feat in it's own.

springlakecake Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:36pm
post #176 of 2524

If I can add correctly: I think as a group for everyone who weighed in so far today it is a 13 pound loss. Yea!

shelbur10 Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 8:45pm
post #177 of 2524

YAY FOR US!! WE ROCK!! thumbs_up.gif

2sdae Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 9:59pm
post #178 of 2524

Yay!!!! Brings our total up to 14.5 pounds!!!! That's a 6 month old's weight. That is alot of weight to loose guys. Keep it up!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Ladyofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyofcake Posted 21 Dec 2006 , 10:47pm
post #179 of 2524

That is WONDERFUL news, am so glad we are doing so well.
I weighed in this morning and found I lost 3 lbs. Not sure how, as I am sure I cheated at least once, LOL...

Sorry to change topic, but I mentioned earlier that I will be away for sometime - am leaving in a couple weeks so have a little time left. My trip is unplanned - that is it is unexpected and I need some help.
I posted a thread in the general forum, but thought it isn't getting seen as too much other stuff going on here today - if you are reading this thread and won't mind my picking your brain on another urgent topic, please check out this thread as well:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-56326.html

Thanks so much to everyone and major kudos to us all for dropping the cake this week!

springlakecake Posted 22 Dec 2006 , 12:40pm
post #180 of 2524

good luck on your travels LadyofCake! I hope you can get your supplies there to show off your skills to your family! Are you from India originally?

Anyway ladies...so I was thinking. I think we should allow ourselves without guilt to sample our cakes, cookies, icings and fillings. I mean how can we not make sure it tastes right? I dont think we should consider that "cheating" as long as it is not like a tablespoon of icing or a whole cupcake. I think as long as it is a reasonable amount like a small bite, there should be no guilt, right? Okay I am saying this as I ate like 3 spoonfuls of ganache (so yummy) I really only needed like a small taste to make sure it was right. I am saying this because I (as well as someone else who mentioned this earlier) feel like once I eat something I think I shouldnt, I might as well just have another because I already messed up for the day. Maybe this would help us to feel like a small taste is allowed and not feel any guilt, not spiral out of control for the rest of the day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%