Artisan Kitchenaid For $150 At Lowe's

Decorating By SweetieD Updated 17 Oct 2007 , 11:51am by cakeatopia

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:01am
post #541 of 881

Bed, Bath, and Beyond REFUSED to price match for me, I was so mad, I drove 70 miles (one way), to pick them up.

I think that all of us that have been refused by BBB should start a class action lawsuit where everyone gets free mixers since they violated their price match policy (as listed on their website).

hmarie_73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmarie_73 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:09am
post #542 of 881

I am so glad this was brought to our attention. I stopped at Lowes, got the flier, didn't even bother with trying to get them to sell me one. I too stopped at BBB, was refused, then went to sears, they refused me after calling Lowes to find out what the model number was and the clerk who answered the phone gave them the model number of the 4 1/2 quart instead of the 5 quart, so they refused me too. I went to Lowes and they said, yup, the 5 quart was $150, but only if i special ordered it...SIGN ME UP!!! LOL. Gave him my infor went to the register and was out the door, I got the Black Onyx...I AM SO FREAKIN EXCITED. My DH thinks I'm a lunatic....LOL

mhooper12000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhooper12000 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:13am
post #543 of 881

I called BBB today to see if they would price match for me. They said yes, but it had to be in stock. They even said that I could use the %20 off coupon too. They didn't have one in stock in the copper, so I went to Lowes to order. Thanks again to everyone for the post and info and I hope everyone gets one before the $150 sale is over tomorrow. I want one in every color, hehe. But, that's just not going to happen. My husband drew the line at 2. I already had a pink breast cancer one and when I saw this post I talked him into a copper one because it was such a great deal!

alwayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alwayscake Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:18am
post #544 of 881

just wondering it worth it to ship it all the way to here, Melbourne, australia ?

greenhorn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greenhorn Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:21am
post #545 of 881

I've spent over an hour trying to get the printer to print out the Lowes ad, and had to go to another computer and printer, but finally....I have the ad in hand! I will be at Lowes when they open at 7:30 a.m. to get my FIRST KA! Many thanks to all who kept this thread alive until I finally saw it! Now if I could only decide on just one color.....

mekaclayton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mekaclayton Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:24am
post #546 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopalis

I thought hard about this one but I think I will still prefer the bowl lift model. Probably get one at Costco... great with returns....

Someone here was selling their Kitchenaid Professional 5 series for $100...so I'm thinking, I'm still waiting on my new pink Artisian but I really wanted 2 (hubby didn't agree) so I bought her's. I LOVE IT!!! I used to work for a bakery and this mixer is like the ones I used there except smaller. I didn't need to scrap the sides of the bowl and she barely used it so it's REALLY like new. I can't wait to get my pink one but I sure am having fun playing with this lift bowl. They discontinued this particular model but I had no problem finding a place to get parts or extra attachments. Love it! Yeah Kitchenaid...poor Sunbeam, my apron will be raised at half-staff tomorrow. I loved the little guy.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:26am
post #547 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayscake

just wondering it worth it to ship it all the way to here, Melbourne, australia ?

How much do they run there? The custom metallic series has the best deal as it retails for $530 here and on sale for $150.

The mixer weighs 23lbs.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:28am
post #548 of 881

I have my ad in hand and will call Lowe's in the morning and see if the order went threw. I really want the metallic one--nickel and would go with any of the 3. They have my $$, now they just need to do their part. I also have a Sear' s 15mins away--maybe I will take my copy of the ad with me.

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:38am
post #549 of 881

I can't believe the good luck I had today getting another KA. I talked to hubby last night and said that some of you had gotten the higher priced metallic ones for $150. I had already went down and gotten a red one a few days after the add came out. Anyway, DH works part time at Lowes and he was to work there today. I told him to check it out and order a brushed nickel one if it was OK. He came home and said that yes it was OK and that they had a chrome one on the shelf I could go ahead and purchase. We went back to Lowes and the one in the box was the chrome painted one. Evidently, someone had returned it in the box of the metallic chrome KA! They were going to have to put it on mark down since it was in the wrong box. DH asked if they'd take $50 for it. Management OK'd it!! Plus it still qualifies for the $30 rebate! He also got his 10% employee discount! I ordered 2 additional KA's, metallic chrome and brushed nickel. When they were ringing it up the price kept going back to around $345 each when they tried to use DH employee card for the 10% discount. He told me later that it was because on special order items, employees get "cost plus 10% added on". Evidently, their cost is around $345 for the melallic ones! All in all, I spent $320 for 2 metallic and 1 painted chrome KA's (that includes DH employee discount but not sales tax)!! I still have to send in the $30 rebate! I had a REALLY good shopping day!

miriel Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:44am
post #550 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs

I can't believe the good luck I had today getting another KA. I talked to hubby last night and said that some of you had gotten the higher priced metallic ones for $150. I had already went down and gotten a red one a few days after the add came out. Anyway, DH works part time at Lowes and he was to work there today. I told him to check it out and order a brushed nickel one if it was OK. He came home and said that yes it was OK and that they had a chrome one on the shelf I could go ahead and purchase. We went back to Lowes and the one in the box was the chrome painted one. Evidently, someone had returned it in the box of the metallic chrome KA! They were going to have to put it on mark down since it was in the wrong box. DH asked if they'd take $50 for it. Management OK'd it!! Plus it still qualifies for the $30 rebate! He also got his 10% employee discount! I ordered 2 additional KA's, metallic chrome and brushed nickel. When they were ringing it up the price kept going back to around $345 each when they tried to use DH employee card for the 10% discount. He told me later that it was because on special order items, employees get "cost plus 10% added on". Evidently, their cost is around $345 for the melallic ones! All in all, I spent $320 for 2 metallic and 1 painted chrome KA's (that includes DH employee discount but not sales tax)!! I still have to send in the $30 rebate! I had a REALLY good shopping day!

You got the best deal! thumbs_up.gif

deej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deej Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 4:48am
post #551 of 881

SweetieD - thank you so much for sharing this info!! I was able to run out to Lowes after work today and special order my first KA - whoopeeee. My Sunbeam is making grinding noises - it's just a matter of time till it dies. I ordered the brushed nickel and will have it in two weeks. All this AND a KitchenAid rebate - I've been doing the happy dance all night long.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 5:21am
post #552 of 881

My Satin Copper KA is sitting in limbo..the order says, "Approved by Vendor" but that's the only info that Lowe's has about my lovely, lovely stand mixer.

Has anyone else had their Satin Copper KA arrive at the store yet? I ordered mine on the 19th!

Tomorrow I am going to Sears to try to get a PM on a metallic chrome so I can get the rebate. I don't need the mixer, but it sure is pretty, and I love the hunt. icon_biggrin.gif Scoring one for a hundred bucks would be quite an accomplishment.

Kudos to those who have done it!!!

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 5:36am
post #553 of 881

MY old red ka has been making those grinding noises too. They told me I should take it to a repair center which I will do once my new shiny green apple one arrives. : )

alwayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alwayscake Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 6:04am
post #554 of 881

"How much do they run there? The custom metallic series has the best deal as it retails for $530 here and on sale for $150. "

Hi Miriel, thanks for your response. The same thing will cost me around AUS$625. (RRPAU$659).

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 7:56am
post #555 of 881

Can somebody please tell me where you got the Home Depot coupon for 20% off? I so want a black KA. With the 20% coupon and the rebate, my total would be $90.

Nothing like waiting until the last minute. HA HA

Thanks,
Cecilia

CraftyBride Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraftyBride Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 8:04am
post #556 of 881

I so need one of these desperately! This is the deal of the century! I know this will be the only way that I can afford one! I know I can convince my fiance to buy me one but he doesn't get paid until Friday! If the sale ends on Thursday I think I'm going to cry!!! If anyone ordered more than they want/need, would you be willing to sell me one for what you paid? I would so appreciate that!!! I'm just going to go pray that they will still honor the ad until Friday and hopefully I will get some sleep! I so need one of these! I do not have any kind of mixer (except for my whisk!) and I'm needing something with power!

****praying for a miracle****

hmarie_73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmarie_73 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 11:43am
post #557 of 881

I know this advice wont fair well with a lot of people...but you could always write a check...If you go today, there is NO WAY that check will go through their bank and your bank by 12AM tonight to make it into tomorrow's banking...you wont see it come out until tuesday or wednesday of next week...Just a thought....

This all providing they do not process ckecks like a debit card...some of our stores here in western NY are starting to do that now....you write them a check they take it and type in the info and then they give you the check back...weird!?!?!?

terah79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terah79 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 12:03pm
post #558 of 881

When does the sale end?

vdrsolo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vdrsolo Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 12:12pm
post #559 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmarie_73

I know this advice wont fair well with a lot of people...but you could always write a check...If you go today, there is NO WAY that check will go through their bank and your bank by 12AM tonight to make it into tomorrow's banking...you wont see it come out until tuesday or wednesday of next week...Just a thought....

This all providing they do not process ckecks like a debit card...some of our stores here in western NY are starting to do that now....you write them a check they take it and type in the info and then they give you the check back...weird!?!?!?

Most stores are now doing the immediate electronic debit. How about using a credit card, and then sending a check as soon as he gets paid. OR open up a Lowes credit card account.

lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:18pm
post #560 of 881

Thank You Thank You Thank You !!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited, I ordered my silver surfer
(the chrome one)
and it is all I can do to keep myself from ordering another mixer.

I kind of felt guilty when I left Lowes
but not guilty enough not to get one heheheheheh

Peg2665 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peg2665 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:43pm
post #561 of 881

I just ordered a brushed nickel for myself and a chrome for a co worker. I called Lowes and did the special order by phone. I can't wait.
I have a Classic Cobalt Blue but only a 4 1/2qt bowl. Did I mention that I can't wait!!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:48pm
post #562 of 881

today is the last day and though I have already ordered 10 of these total as gifts for family, one to replace whitehouse in my home and 2 pink ones for my bakery soon to open...... so I have 7 to administer to family and friends..... 2 which have already been promised to those who couldn't get them...... I WANT MORE.... it is like a BAD starbucks addiction.. someone please step up to the microphone and offer therapy before I find myself back in the explorer and behind the wheel, HELP ME, I am an addict!

Chercaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chercaker Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:54pm
post #563 of 881

I have the Lowe's ad from Wednesday's paper, ST Louis area, and there is no mixer. Boo hoo.

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:14pm
post #564 of 881

grrrrrr my mixer has been approved for the last few days but hasnt been shipped..needs to hurry up..LOL

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:22pm
post #565 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs

OK. I will try to not confuse eveyone now......but the artisan with the color called "METALLIC CROME" color is NOT in the "METALLIC SERIES". The retail price for the ARTISAN stand mixer in "METALLIC CROME" retails for $349.99 on the KA site. The model# is KSM150PSMC. And the finish on the "METALLIC CROME" mixer is a painted, glossy finish.

Now, the actual "METALLIC SERIES" only has 3 mixers in it. They are BRUSHED NICKEL, CROME, and SATIN COPPER. These are the only Artisan mixers that retail for $529.99 on the KA site. (btw-I realize I posted the wrong price (549.99) in an eariler post, sorry)The model #for the "BRUSHED NICKEL" one is PSM152PSNK.

If you read earlier this is what happened to me. At Lowes, I had no problems getting a mixer for $150. They were actually very nice about it although they knew nothing about any $30 rebate. So, I went prepared with the model #. First choice was "BRUSHED NICKEL", and second was the "METALLIC CROME" (painted one). I was scared the more expensive ones were not included in the sale, but they were.

So, I give him the model # of the "BRUSHED NICKEL" mixer. He puts it in his computer and tells me they have it one the shelf if I want it now....well YEAH! So we walk over to it and the box says "METALLIC CROME". I say excuse me that's NOT IT! He says yes it is, there's one on display, see? It's a lovely mixer, my second choice, BUT IT"S NOT THE ONE I WANT!

We go back to the computer and everytime he uses the model # for the "BRUSHED NICKEL" one, it comes up as the cheaper "METALLIC CROME" one. I knew I had the model #'s straight, but looked it up in the KA book at the store anyway. I was right, but the computers still says something different. The model # on the box of the "METALLIC CROME" mixer comes up in the computer as a more expensive "BRUSHED NICKEL" one.

We ordered one, but I fear the wrong mixer is coming. I will not be happy!My point is I wonder if you got the right mixer in the right box afterall? If the box said "METALLIC CROME" and the mixer had the glossy painted crome color finish, then it WAS the right mixer in the right box. There is no "METALLIC CROME" mixer in the "METALLI CROME SERIES".

I know this is completely confusing, but congratulations, cause I think you got a deal!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

If I have given any incorrect info PLEASE correct me.

MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:59pm
post #566 of 881

Check your receipt and see if the last two letters are NK. If so, you should be okay. I had a similar experience when I was ordering my brushed nickel. I was watching over the guy's shoulder when he was punching in my order. The special order number seemed to be correct but just showed the metallic chrome ones that they keep in stock as being the same. As far as I know, no stores keep any of the metallic series in stock (unless it is a return) since it is so expensive. They do stock the metallic chrome Artisan. The metallic finish has a sparkle to it - like a metallic finish on some cars. The Chrome in the Metallic Series is a shiny mirror-like finish.
Still, I think I'm going to get an ulcer if my mixer doesn't get here soon!

miriel Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:01pm
post #567 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

My Satin Copper KA is sitting in limbo..the order says, "Approved by Vendor" but that's the only info that Lowe's has about my lovely, lovely stand mixer.

Has anyone else had their Satin Copper KA arrive at the store yet? I ordered mine on the 19th!

That's the status of my copper mixer as well. I placed the order 7/16 (Monday) and called to check on it on 7/23 (Monday) and that's what I've been told. When I placed my order I was told the mixer will be here 7/30. I just don't see that happening if it hasn't shipped yet icon_sad.gif

A friend of mine ordered the brushed nickel 2 days after me and she got hers yesterday.

I am beginning to think they might be short on the copper mixers - hopefully this is wrong.

I got my toaster yesterday (separate order from mixer). It has "Lowe's" handwritten in black Sharpie on 1 side so I think they are shipping directly from Kitchenaid.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:36pm
post #568 of 881

I am sooo unnerved about my Lowe's. I paid and yet I am in limbo. I called this morn. I even went over there and I am still unsure. They were saying they cannot guarantee anything. I ordered the NK one--at this point--any would be fine as long as it is the BIG one(lol). My order says Vendor Approved also and due the 8th. "Tom" would not be in till 10a and is past then so I will call again.

They have my $$ and a shipping date, I hope this is good news. I need some good news.

I kept telling myself if I don't get one, not a bigggie but once I paid them, I was saying to hec with that--lol

I just want to have one--I used my classic last night and it really does sound like it could use a friend for the heavier jobs--lol

My feeling is they should backorder the mixers as long as you order them by today.

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:38pm
post #569 of 881

I went today and ordered my chrome! I am so excited! It will be here August 8.

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 4:00pm
post #570 of 881

Yay!!! I just ordered mine in Copper. I'm so excited!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%